[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not sure i understand what you're showing in the top pictures. 'top layer of dust will be disturbed' means...? as for the bottom pictures, it will be quite easy to attack these now that we automatically have access to the higher ground. there's numerous strategies to attack lower levels of structures, ranging from simple arrow potshots to surgical TNT strikes.

ppl were conserned that burieing the cities would make some of the buildings hard to see i just wanted to show 2 of the shortest buildings so ppl could see that they could still be found and as to the dust insted of it being perfectly flat there will be dunes and random small holes. Finaly as to the difficulty untill some one can show me a viable method using the mods CAruins and Atomicstrykers Ruins i say there is no perfect way so this is the best we can do for now

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Special mobs "trolling" feature is enabled by default and I believe part of this feature is when you're hit by a zombie theres a chance another will spawn directly on you or in your immediate vicinity. Extremely annoying "feature".
Do you know for a fact that is the "trolling" feature? We were pondering that a while back and google failed me miserably.
Edit to clarify. There is a Troll option in specialmobs config but I couldn't find anything about it, but found alot of people asking what it was for with zero answers.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Do you know for a fact that is the "trolling" feature? We were pondering that a while back and google failed me miserably.
Edit to clarify. There is a Troll option in specialmobs config but I couldn't find anything about it, but found alot of people asking what it was for with zero answers.

I actually don't but apparently, according to the post above, it's part of vanilla though ever since I turned off that config it has yet to occur again after hitting MANY zombies. Who knows.

MikkiNinja

Jul 29, 2019
When I started my Crash Landing map, I started the 1st quest, where you had to get the 2 Fluid Transposers. I tried to use the wrench to get it off the wall, but by right-clicking it only changed the settings, and left-clicking just starting mining it very slowly. Am I doing this wrong? Or is there another way to get them off the wall? Also, to restart the map, do you have to delete the entire folder, and re-download everything? Thx :D

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I actually don't but apparently, according to the post above, it's part of vanilla though ever since I turned off that config it has yet to occur again after hitting MANY zombies. Who knows.
the feature probably does nothing except to troll the person wonder what it does. a Meta Troll.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
When I started my Crash Landing map, I started the 1st quest, where you had to get the 2 Fluid Transposers. I tried to use the wrench to get it off the wall, but by right-clicking it only changed the settings, and left-clicking just starting mining it very slowly. Am I doing this wrong? Or is there another way to get them off the wall? Also, to restart the map, do you have to delete the entire folder, and re-download everything? Thx :D
You need to shift right click

FYI, this pack can be a little daunting without a little bit of experience, you are obviously not familiar with thermal expansion. You need to be prepared for allot of frustration if you don't start with some of the other packs.

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
As PODonnell above me said. And to restart the map, simply create a new world :)

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
ppl were conserned that burieing the cities would make some of the buildings hard to see i just wanted to show 2 of the shortest buildings so ppl could see that they could still be found and as to the dust insted of it being perfectly flat there will be dunes and random small holes. Finaly as to the difficulty untill some one can show me a viable method using the mods CAruins and Atomicstrykers Ruins i say there is no perfect way so this is the best we can do for now
ah i see what you mean then. well that puts me at ease a bit, although it still disappoints me that i won't be able to create any of the cool things i had designed in my head now that the city is buried. ugh and thanks for reminding me about atomicstryker... hate that guy so much.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, from the looks of those buildings, what I'm gana do is go into the city, find the buildings I want, unbury them enough to have sunlight keep monsters from spawning during the day (maybe just take off the roof), come back later when all the monsters have despawned and go about things the same way I do now. The added challenge is that the buildings are dark and you can't cherry pick, but monsters won't fall on your head anymore and dust will be sealing all the cracks in the walls, so you really won't have to worry about too many monsters in the streets. It will take longer, but meh. I die in the city when I get surrounded because monsters wander out of buildings or drop from higher floors, no because I get myself into bad situations on the inside.

EDIT: I should point out I'm still really excited about the new designs (especially the new buildings), I just don't think the change is really going to have a ton of impact.

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, from the looks of those buildings, what I'm gana do is go into the city, find the buildings I want, unbury them enough to have sunlight keep monsters from spawning during the day (maybe just take off the roof), come back later when all the monsters have despawned and go about things the same way I do now. The added challenge is that the buildings are dark and you can't cherry pick, but monsters won't fall on your head anymore and dust will be sealing all the cracks in the walls, so you really won't have to worry about too many monsters in the streets. It will take longer, but meh.

EDIT: I should point out I'm still really excited about the new designs (especially the new buildings), I just don't think the change is really going to have a ton of impact.
If anything, it's probably gunna make cities a helluva lot safer than they are now

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, from the looks of those buildings, what I'm gana do is go into the city, find the buildings I want, unbury them enough to have sunlight keep monsters from spawning during the day, come back later when all the monsters have despawned and go about things the same way I do now. The added challenge is that the buildings are dark and you can't cherry pick, but monsters won't fall on your head anymore and dust will be sealing all the cracks in the walls, so you really won't have to worry about too many monsters in the streets. It will take longer, but meh.
I'm of the opinion that you should know where the buildings are, but not be able to tell which buildings are holding the loot you want... it should be in there *somewhere*. That would make it more advantageous to get through buildings quicker, and force you to find ways to do that, rather than be able to pick out the 1 or 2 buildings you want, unbury them, go away, come back, and bam, you have your stuff.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Having at least a few of the buildings include staircases could make things a bit interesting, or perhaps make the spawners work regardless of light level......

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
If anything, it's probably gunna make cities a helluva lot safer than they are now

Well, the streets of the cities, yeah. The insides of buildings will be a LOT more dangerous, if you don't take proper steps to fix that issue. And you won't be able to stay in the streets and still get loot. So to the unprepared or those who don't want to do a ton of digging work, the cities will likely be a lot more dangerous. To those who are cautious and invest in a kick ass shovel/excavator, it'll likely be safer.

EDIT:

Having at least a few of the buildings include staircases could make things a bit interesting, or perhaps make the spawners work regardless of light level......

By staircases you mean basements and the like? This would be a neat change, and would certainly force people to either put in a LOT of work (clearing a roof and a floor and another floor and another, etc) or deal with monsters in a more direct manner. The downside here is that it might be very challenging to get substructures to spawn underground properly.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Shift-rightclick

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Well, the streets of the cities, yeah. The insides of buildings will be a LOT more dangerous, if you don't take proper steps to fix that issue. And you won't be able to stay in the streets and still get loot. So to the unprepared or those who don't want to do a ton of digging work, the cities will likely be a lot more dangerous. To those who are cautious and invest in a kick ass shovel/excavator, it'll likely be safer.

EDIT:

By staircases you mean basements and the like? This would be a neat change, and would certainly force people to either put in a LOT of work (clearing a roof and a floor and another floor and another, etc) or deal with monsters in a more direct manner. The downside here is that it might be very challenging to get substructures to spawn underground properly.
Yeah, I don't know. As it stands, you walk down those streets and you get jumped by pigs everywhere. It's very very dangerous. Once you have armor and some decent weapons/tools, not as dangerous, but once nighttime hits, it gets tremendously more dangerous cause of the baby skels.

But, darkness won't really do much cept allow more of the spawners to work, but in essence, as you've mentioned, open the roof, walk away. You're not in danger at any point in time there.

Maybe a suggestion as an alternative to burying them. Use dark glass instead of regular glass on regular buildings. That would give the spawners the ability to actually spawn something other than pig zombies. I like seeing the cities. Digging in the dust will just make me get on my knees and regurgitate "CURSE YOU YOU FILTHY APES!!!" ok, i'm not remembering that quote much. buried statue of liberty much? :)

Reactions: Genshou

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
ok well theres been a lot of replies to the new city desines
so first the pics i posted are of two of the smallest buildings and rember most pigmen are in the offices and the hi rises which will be well above the dust so dive bombing pigs will still exsiste

As to the stairs cant use them i have to be very carful about blocks that rotate because the mods randomly rotate the buildings but not the blocks thats why theres fake beds in the appartments

And as to under ground mazes well there is the subway maze and in 113 i have reworked some of the nether structures to work better in CL and i also redesined a graveyard and underground maze to make a graveyard mausoleum maze

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Staircases up from lower floors, allowing mobs to spawn in darkness and move to intercept players. Obvious strategy would be to simply block the stairs, but at least there would be some possibility of being attacked from below. Taller buildings buried 10 deep will have a nice pre-built dark room on their lower floor.[DOUBLEPOST=1410336470][/DOUBLEPOST]
As to the stairs cant use them i have to be very carful about blocks that rotate because the mods randomly rotate the buildings but not the blocks thats why theres fake beds in the appartments
*smacks forehead* I forgot about the rotation problem