[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The game literally told him he had everything right and for whatever reason wasn't accepting the items it verified as correct.

Why not?

So? Perhaps he preferred the old method of turtle? I'm sure many of those people that saw it researched it for themselves(Or his sake) and found how it's meant to work. It's then up to them using his method or the old one. Finding the answer on this forum could have also led to the same answer.

Again you're expecting the player to make up for a bug in the mod. I don't understand this when cheat mode is basically in-game debugging at your finger tips.

Or not once for 20 minutes. It's a game of RNG. Either way it's time wasted that shouldn't have been wasted.
The game did NOT tell him he had everything correct, at least not if you took into account item Id's. Once again, once it's a known bug for the player there are numerous ways for them to cope with it, and I could support them cheating things in..... though I personally find that at least in this case there are far better options. Players should not be encouraged to default to cheating.

To my knowledge the Youtuber has not corrected himself, nor annotated his video, and if you for instance saw someone cheat something in because the recipie didn't work..... would you slow down to research the issue before you did as well?

Is it truly debugging if you don't yet know whats going on? And rather then troubleshooting it you just cheat in, move on, and never re-address the issue?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
ohai iskandar, feeling better i trust? thanks for providing such a great and unique experience, your pack has renewed my interest in minecraft after a long time of wanting nothing to do with the game due to boredom with it.
Feeling better. Energy is still rather low, side effect of massive, massive antibiotics. Only 3 days of that left to go, though.

I'll be starting work on 1.1.3 soon. Or, rather, finishing work. New cities and all. Just need to stop crashing and needing a nap every four hours first.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I just started this to see how difficult it was, and some freaking spider makes it through a 1-wide gap somehow. I have got to tell you if the game didn't already delete the world save on death I would have done it anyway!

What I am wondering is this: Is this a Minecraft feature or bug, some special mob, an intended feature of this modpack, or some glitch with the modded glass blocks in the game that allows spiders to crawl in somehow? It's not good for me to go build a safe way out of the ship if these spiders can get in that easily and kill my sync clone who I had set up, before he even gets a chance to do anything! The spider looked for all intents and purposes the same as the ordinary spider that is more than one block wide so I don't know how it got into my base.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
That is intended, it is a special mob. Just wait till you meet the mini creepers..... hit: 1X1 holes are not great for defensive purposes.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The game did NOT tell him he had everything correct, at least not if you took into account item Id's. Once again, once it's a known bug for the player there are numerous ways for them to cope with it, and I could support them cheating things in..... though I personally find that at least in this case there are far better options. Players should not be encouraged to default to cheating.

To my knowledge the Youtuber has not corrected himself, nor annotated his video, and if you for instance saw someone cheat something in because the recipie didn't work..... would you slow down to research the issue before you did as well?

Is it truly debugging if you don't yet know whats going on? And rather then troubleshooting it you just cheat in, move on, and never re-address the issue?

IDs can be turned off. It also did tell him they were acceptable via shift-clicking in NEI which does not simply accept any item with different metadata. Players should be encouraged to do whatever they please; whatever that is.

Why would he correct himself for getting the game to work as he intended? I do check it quite regularly. I may be in a special case since learning the working mechanics of games is sort of my thing but I highly doubt that considering the number of people I see comment on videos where such happens explaining why it happens and how to prevent/fix it.

Yes? If it fixes the game in a way that is toward your preference then do skip troubleshooting and never re-address it. It's the ability to make a problem go away if you accept the way it handles it. If you feel the need to understand the problem that's your prerogative. Not everyone wants to deal with that and creative is exactly the fix they need. No need to tell everyone your way is the best way or the right way. It's just another way.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, Chisel bookshelves are bugged. I both know and can't do a thing about it. If I can remember, I'll include that in the announcements with 1.1.3. It is an easily fixed problem, so I haven't been worried about it.

Also, it really is a silly thing to argue about. I'm glad you're passionate about my modpack, but cut that shit out, please.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I guess the reason the crucible was changed to 10 leaves = 1 bucket from 20 leaves = 1 bucket, is because you don't get any saplings back at all from using the crucibles vs a fluid transposer gives you a % chance of sapling returns. Before, the transposer was obviously the better choice from the two, but now the crucible looks better, but you get no saplings back from melting the leaves. Obviously if you know what you are doing, you should never accidentally run out of saplings though. But since the transposer gives you saplings back, that's potentially more water in the early game.
I don't understand. You don't get saplings back from transposer, you get sticks. where would you get saplings back?
Edit: Nevermind. Must need sleep, was thinking of saplings of course. Disregard :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, Chisel bookshelves are bugged. I both know and can't do a thing about it. If I can remember, I'll include that in the announcements with 1.1.3. It is an easily fixed problem, so I haven't been worried about it.

Also, it really is a silly thing to argue about. I'm glad you're passionate about my modpack, but cut that shit out, please.
see? Nothing's changed while you were away. The Lunatics are still running the asylum.
IDs can be turned off. It also did tell him they were acceptable via shift-clicking in NEI which does not simply accept any item with different metadata. Players should be encouraged to do whatever they please; whatever that is.

Why would he correct himself for getting the game to work as he intended? I do check it quite regularly. I may be in a special case since learning the working mechanics of games is sort of my thing but I highly doubt that considering the number of people I see comment on videos where such happens explaining why it happens and how to prevent/fix it.

Yes? If it fixes the game in a way that is toward your preference then do skip troubleshooting and never re-address it. It's the ability to make a problem go away if you accept the way it handles it. If you feel the need to understand the problem that's your prerogative. Not everyone wants to deal with that and creative is exactly the fix they need. No need to tell everyone your way is the best way or the right way. It's just another way.
1) forum. search function. People don't use it. It needs to be about 20 points larger with blinking strobe lights. If anyone had bothered to search for recipe, the item they are trying to create via recipe, etc... they would have found a dozen or more posts in this thread describing the problem. Note I haven't said search for books, that'd be too easy. They don't, thus you get frustration from the obvious numerous posters here.
2) The way chisel works isn't really fixable anyways w/o mod maker doing it, because it works off the metadata of the chiseled item. It does the same thing to glowstone if you break a glowstone chisel block and get back unusable glowstone dust.
3) I think PODonnell is right. Telling people to cheat when they run into a brick wall is bad practice. Figuring out it's a bug, then cheating makes it a task of last resort. Not first. First resort means weak willed people will just cheat their way through pack, and most likely come on here and complain it's too short/easy. Either way, ruins the fun factor if that wasn't what they wanted to do in first place.

Note: About X pages back, I told people to cheat on their first playthrough to ease themselves in if they are constantly dying to get a feel for what they need to do, how to make things, etc... Again, IF they are having issues. It's better than the alternative, which is to whine about how this pack is too hard and suggesting changes that will never happen, wasting their time and ours. I specifically stated that they should be aiming for a non cheat playthrough after they get acclimated. I conceded that I did that exact thing at one point to familiarize myself with some of the misc changes Iskandar made to recipes, etc... to time myself and to learn some recipes.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone has sugar cane yet and their is no way to speed its growth if you do sift some out. In any case it's the principle of not having to spend your resources to fix something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Watering Can will increase Sugar Cane growth.

Edit: Didn't see someone beat me to pointing this out...

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Watering Can will increase Sugar Cane growth.

Edit: Didn't see someone beat me to pointing this out...

No worries, my post got ignored anyway LOL. Again, I'll point out that anyone who is making machines that needs books to craft that can't spare/doesn't have the resources to make 1 single book is doing something very very very wrong. Like possibly cheating their way thru the game or not knowing basic Minecraft or something.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. Running my game as a server. How do I update the server to 1.1.2.1? The "download server" button doesn't seem to want to work anymore.

EDIT: And if that's not an option at the moment, how would I go about manually updating my server?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, was picking through one of the cities finding other PC and TICO buildings. getting dark, like 1700 and started heading back to my minibase when all of a sudden I started taking damage like I'm out of food. quick check, not poisoned, still taking damage, was wondering wtf happened when I see this blur go flying past my field of vision and back again and back again and realizing I had my camel pack on not jetpack, I thought I was doomed.

I quick as hell switch out the 2 and blasted off to see the little pixie stick addict himself flying around at warp speed at dusk and noticed yup, weapons gone but hey, he dropped it. go pick it up, he hits me again and then I get to safety and notice he dropped it, go back to get weapon, errr rinse repeat with all his friends showing up. finally fell from sky taking myself down to 3 hearts grabbed weapon blasted off and woops, jetpack out of energy. hang glide to building and blockade it off, destroy spawners. gonna wait it out, but spent the night watching the road runner junior fly around, wondering if I could safari him and put him on a treadmill. screw big reactors, tiny tots Voltages are US.

Anyways, just about sunrise, I saw a miraculous thing, and the chink in his armor. he started burning. never realized I never see him during the day. so, that's his only weakness? he's the only baby that burns? burn baby burn..... was fun watching his flying little body flicker away, never to be seen again. I teabagged where his corpse would be and stumbled home.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
How to farm Fire Flower seeds safely? Either they're setting me on fire or missing the Netherrack and burning up. And roses ain't too easy to come by.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
How to farm Fire Flower seeds safely? Either they're setting me on fire or missing the Netherrack and burning up. And roses ain't too easy to come by.

All the PneumaticCraft seeds can be propagated by double bonemealing (occasionally triple bonemealing) and then punching (breaking) the plant to get 2-3 seeds back from a single seed. You don't want to over-bonemeal them. Creeper seeds explode if you over-bonemeal, squid seeds disapear and make a squid, fire seeds I guess catch on fire (never over-bonemealed them myself), etc. Most of these results are bad. So yeah, just bonemeal it till it's at it's biggest size (usually 2 bonemeals, but if it still looks small, a third), and than punch immediately.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
All the PneumaticCraft seeds can be propagated by double bonemealing (occasionally triple bonemealing) and then punching (breaking) the plant to get 2-3 seeds back from a single seed. You don't want to over-bonemeal them. Creeper seeds explode if you over-bonemeal, squid seeds disapear and make a squid, fire seeds I guess catch on fire (never over-bonemealed them myself), etc. Most of these results are bad. So yeah, just bonemeal it till it's at it's biggest size (usually 2 bonemeals, but if it still looks small, a third), and than punch immediately.
More importantly, to avoid nether plant seed fire, always make sure the seeds land on netherrack or a non-fire-able block, like glass. One easy way is to dig a 1x1 hole, 2 deep and having the bottom be netherrack, easy PC seed farming, and no chance of the fire seeds landing on anything but the netherrack.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

This isn't over-bonemealing them. I 'Q' them out to plant and they set me on fire or they miss the netherrack, land on some cobble, set it on fire and burn themselves away. I've only gotten one to actually plant and when I bonemeal'd/punched, both seeds missed landing on the netherrack and burned themselves away.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
More importantly, to avoid nether plant seed fire, always make sure the seeds land on netherrack or a non-fire-able block, like glass. One easy way is to dig a 1x1 hole, 2 deep and having the bottom be netherrack, easy PC seed farming, and no chance of the fire seeds landing on anything but the netherrack.

Thanks for this. Not fun watching hard to get resources burn themselves up with no idea what you're doing wrong.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019

Also important, avoid accidentally breaking an iron chest with fire seeds and a lot of other stuff in it, makes a nice fire but not much stuff left of the stuff in the chest. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DragonDai

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't over-bonemealing them. I 'Q' them out to plant and they set me on fire or they miss the netherrack, land on some cobble, set it on fire and burn themselves away. I've only gotten one to actually plant and when I bonemeal'd/punched, both seeds missed landing on the netherrack and burned themselves away.

Wow...I ever had this problem. Made a 3x3 netherrack grid and made sure to plant in the middle and stand on the seed as I punched it to make sure it didn't replant itself, but I had no idea this was a thing!

So yeah, Antaioz's plan seems like a very smart idea. I have no more use for those seeds in my current world, but I'll have to remember this for my restart come 1.1.3. You learn something new every day! :D

Also important, avoid accidentally breaking an iron chest with fire seeds and a lot of other stuff in it, makes a nice fire but not much stuff left of the stuff in the chest. :rolleyes:

Oh god, that sounds horrible!