[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was 20...... 10 leaves per bucket in the crucible....... definitely makes the crucible more tempting for drinking water....... though I generally consider leaves more important than whatever fuel I choose to use in the furnace....... I think I'll stick with the dirty water process pre-harvester. Post harvester I think the crucible is generally going to be the better choice.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I hate it when mom and dad fight... ;)

Do we have a what's new/changed list for 1.1.2a yet? (I haven't had a chance to launch FTB today)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This is infuriating. I load up CL after a bit of an absence, deciding to either a) rebuild a bunch of stuff, or b) start over. what do I do?
(and btw, you have to say this like the copy guy sketch from SNL)

Raid-ing Cit-ies....

Yup, I'm naming this city crackville.

I did have an idea for those ppl that are loving to torment themselves with insidious 'rules' to play by. heh this one's pretty bad though. I'm actually thinking of trying this though, like jump into the belly of the beast and take no prisoners type.

As early as you can, start Pneumaticraft and just use all of the PC things (i.e. no OB elevators), and try to us only PC things in lieu of anything else (obviously, you'll have to stray a bit).

Reactions: Genshou

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019

As early as you can, start Pneumaticraft and just use all of the PC things (i.e. no OB elevators), and try to us only PC things in lieu of anything else (obviously, you'll have to stray a bit).
Video proof or it didn't happen. Lol

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch... I like it......

And I think we'd rather call them "challenges"

MalWinters

Jul 29, 2019
heres a better shot of the mini map issue im having. anyone have any clues why this would happen on a fresh downloaded pack?

Was there ever a fix found for this problem? I've been having the exact same issue. I've tried redownloading the pack, alternate textures, all to no effect. The Monster pack uses the 1.6.4 version of Zan's too and that one runs fine. No clue what's causing just the Crash Landing map pack to display tiny minimaps in place of hostile mobs on the entities radar. I tried copying over the version from Monster thinking that at worst some icons would be missing but it did the exact same thing when running in Crash Landing.

Been beating my head against a desk for a few days over this one.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
This is infuriating. I load up CL after a bit of an absence, deciding to either a) rebuild a bunch of stuff, or b) start over. what do I do?
(and btw, you have to say this like the copy guy sketch from SNL)

Raid-ing Cit-ies....

I did have an idea for those ppl that are loving to torment themselves with insidious 'rules' to play by. heh this one's pretty bad though. I'm actually thinking of trying this though, like jump into the belly of the beast and take no prisoners type.

That IS insidious. And certainly not for me. ;)

bagherra

Jul 29, 2019
Cannot craft Auto-Enchanter thus unable to finish quest. All materials match and SHIFT-CLICK from NEI verifies correct recipe.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
so pretty much as expected, just waiting on the FTB guys to update the launcher list. now if only there was a changelog so i could read up on what all is fixed...

Here's a quick change log… generated by manually comparing config files.
Note that I'm not an enviromine expert and I just browsed the source briefly, so my interpretation of the armor temperature effects could be wrong.

mobGriefing false is default
Diamond Dolly removed
Deep Dark portal removed
Zombie Awareness ticks much less frequently
Slab furnace heats the environment
Gelid Cryotheum Bucket temperature effects adjusted (not sure of the effect)
Blazing Pyrotheum Bucket temperature effects adjusted (not sure of the effect)
Camel pack now cools you slightly in the sun and warms you slightly at night
Invar armor is hot to wear in the sun
Hardened Leather is hot to wear day and night
Pneumatic Helmet cools you significantly in the sun and warms you at night
Steel armor is very hot in the sun and cools you at night
baby skeletons less common
armoured creepers removed
brutish and giant pigmen less common
vampire pigmen removed
brutish skeletons removed
sniper and thief skeletons less common
brutish zombies removed
LaunchGUI mod added

Plus a bunch of quest tweaks which I can't easily decode
Have fun, and
KeepOnDigging!

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Fun times, nice balance in the pack loving the punishment vs reward balance so far.
Not a big fan of some hunger overhaul/harvestcraft settings, so i customized a couple of things there for myself (just not a big fan of those mods in general although i envy there initial idea behind revamping basic food stuff).

As for issue around zombie awareness in combination with special mobs (cause that combination is causing lag issues for me personally), there are a few ways to tweak this.

The only setting i have on in the Features config:
B:awareness_Light=true

For the General config i tweaked:
B:client_renderBlood=true (just because its cool, useless without the scent feature enabled though)
I:maxPFRange=32 (reduced range on detection they only spawn within 32 blocks of you anyways, down from 64)
I:tickRateAILoop=60 (Slower iteration on Entity's, up from 5)
I:tickRateAILoop=60 (Slower iteration on Players, up from 1)

Optionally in the General config you can change:
B:awareness_Light_OnlyZombies=true (this will cause other mobs to ignore the attraction to light sources)

For low end machines the config changes i made might help reduce the lag cause by the mod, i think the tickRate is the one being the most intensive on low/med-end rigs though. Im still fooling around a bit more cause id like to use Special mobs for a change, but i dont want the awareness to fully go away.

#sidenote: If this doesnt work for you, experiment some more with reducing the the detection ranges to go below the max spawn range (witch is 32) so not all spawned zombies/mobs are directly affected by the awareness settings.

The tickRate i changed was rather large, but due to a lack of explanation i have no idea if its in second or miliseconds etc so i just took 60 as starting point tweaking this down to a lower setting might not affect preformance to much, maybe even double the default is enought for low-end rigs.

#editnote: After some more testing a tickRate of 60 seems to be on the edge of being ok for low-end rigs (better formulated might be my rig :p). Still having minor spikes when the tick ticks so to speak, but the frequency is a lot lower and more acceptable to play with.

Cheers, keep up the good work on the pack, ima keep rebuilding my shuttle and see if i can leave this dusty place at some point ;)

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Cannot craft Auto-Enchanter thus unable to finish quest. All materials match and SHIFT-CLICK from NEI verifies correct recipe.
The Auto-Enchanter is definitely craftable. My guess it you're using books you got from the city? The meta data is wrong on those copies. Make 1 new one, throw the others on the ground, and pick them back up with the new one in your inventory. All books should now be usable in recipes again.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1 /gamemode c
Step 2 destroy materials needed
Step 3 give self item
Step 4 /gamemode s
Step 5 turn in quest[DOUBLEPOST=1410232448][/DOUBLEPOST]Also did anyone else add agreculture to the modpack? I just think agreculture and Pams work great together

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I for one would rather not see cheating an item in encouraged when a little research can get it manufacured legitametly. He was almost assuredly used the wrong type of book, which is easily fixed, and avoided.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a quick change log… generated by manually comparing config files.
Note that I'm not an enviromine expert and I just browsed the source briefly, so my interpretation of the armor temperature effects could be wrong.

mobGriefing false is default
Diamond Dolly removed
Deep Dark portal removed
Zombie Awareness ticks much less frequently
Slab furnace heats the environment
Gelid Cryotheum Bucket temperature effects adjusted (not sure of the effect)
Blazing Pyrotheum Bucket temperature effects adjusted (not sure of the effect)
Camel pack now cools you slightly in the sun and warms you slightly at night
Invar armor is hot to wear in the sun
Hardened Leather is hot to wear day and night
Pneumatic Helmet cools you significantly in the sun and warms you at night
Steel armor is very hot in the sun and cools you at night
baby skeletons less common
armoured creepers removed
brutish and giant pigmen less common
vampire pigmen removed
brutish skeletons removed
sniper and thief skeletons less common
brutish zombies removed
LaunchGUI mod added

Plus a bunch of quest tweaks which I can't easily decode
Have fun, and
KeepOnDigging!
good to see mobgriefing disabled, one less thing to do on startup. i do disagree with many of those changes however... although most of them i can fix on my end.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I for one would rather not see cheating an item in encouraged when a little research can get it manufacured legitametly. He was almost assuredly used the wrong type of book, which is easily fixed, and avoided.

Wouldn't really call it cheating. The bookcases from chisel are bugged and gave him the wrong book; why should he be punished and make another book to fix those when he already has the proper items?

The mentality of "Do not use creative for anything including fixing bugs" eludes me.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't really call it cheating. The bookcases from chisel are bugged and gave him the wrong book; why should he be punished and make another book to fix those when he already has the proper items?

The mentality of "Do not use creative for anything including fixing bugs" eludes me.

In this case, you only have to craft 1 normal book (ever) to make an in-game, no-creative-mode fix. Or you can grab 1 normal book from the city. Both of these are options to fix the game without going into creative mode. That being said, if people are really that worried about 2 sticks, 1 zombie flesh, and 3 sugar cane, I guess creative mode is an option.