[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft keeps track of a player's death status in the player.dat file which is why it still knows he's dead when he logs in, so you'll need to delete that file. It's under the world folder, so for instance for me it's at CrashLanding112/players/silentr0b.dat
Thanks a ton. Now I can keep playing with both my friends :D

Reactions: silentrob

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Another case of me logging in and rubberbanded mobs coming at me through the walls (luckily I'm prepared but still scary as heck). I got documentation of it this time xD.
Rubberband glitch1.jpg Rubberband glitch2.jpg Rubberband glitch3.jpg
First one shows me right after I load in and do a 360. The mob is clearly spawned in a wall (and taking damage). Second is after it walks towards me, showing it's not just a visual bug. Third shows the items I got (1 bone, 1 fire charge, one arrow, and a damaged bow) from killing it, showing that the mob WAS actually there. I've seen smaller mobs (mainly creepers) be able to spawn inside the base already as well. Should I just try to make my walls thicker? (most are 2 thick except for this one which is 1 thick)

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get mushrooms?
Yeah, I tend not to mention it cause it's essentially identical to the cyclic assembler except it doesn't require power. the CA can do all of that, work with schematics, etc... so yeah, it needs a schematic to do the same thing as well. If I had to choose between the two, It would really depend on whether or not I had power or not. If I have power available, I'd probably just use a CA for ease of use. For what you'd be doing here, you'd have to hook that redstone clock up to about 20 something liquicrafters all blinking on/off but your throughput would be handled better by the CA cause it's not having to rely on a redstone signal.

I am not entirely sure what you're saying, but I think you mean that the CA works faster than Liquicrafters. And that could be true. Haven't used a CA before. But a single liquicrafter can keep up with 9 redstone furnaces all pumping out charcoal (turning the charcoal into charcoal blocks) without ever having a more than 8 pieces of charcoal in it's input chest (aka, my set up), so for most things, I am sure it's plenty fast enough. :)

That being said, I am sure the CA is technically better, but Liquicrafter gets the job done and doesn't require power, so I love the thing.

Scotty110

Jul 29, 2019
*points to sig which is on every page just about so wonders how much looking you actually did*

i'll admit i mostly saw the number of pages in this thread and said "yeah, not going to be able to read through all that any time soon" but is that suffocation issue the same as what i encountered? i mean it was like the world wasn't even there, while in creative i was flying around, went up to y=256 even, no terrain was loading, at first i thought the world was deleted yet i was still in it.

but if a chunk loader would help, i'll try it. thanks

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
i'll admit i mostly saw the number of pages in this thread and said "yeah, not going to be able to read through all that any time soon" but is that suffocation issue the same as what i encountered? i mean it was like the world wasn't even there, while in creative i was flying around, went up to y=256 even, no terrain was loading, at first i thought the world was deleted yet i was still in it.

... Yes. That is the same. If he says that's the same, it is. These are the people who made the pages; with so much time spent on discussion, he could probably pick out a common issue, don't you think? :p

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get mushrooms?
Put a barrel full of water on top of a little field of dirt, then sieve sand until you get ancient spores and plant them in the dirt to get mycelium. The water will make mushrooms grow randomly in the mycelium.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Put a barrel full of water on top of a little field of dirt, then sieve sand until you get ancient spores and plant them in the dirt to get mycelium. The water will make mushrooms grow randomly in the mycelium.
Is the water necessary? I think, perhaps, that it is not.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I do have barrels of Witch Water near my Mycelium, but I am 99.9% sure I had the Mycelium down and grew mushrooms on it well before I put down the water. But I could very well be wrong.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Quote of the week, "This is the hardest mod pack in the WORLD" Generikb. rofl We are going to have to start calling this mod pack the Legend Killer. rofl

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you had infinite water, you could fill the barrel with water that is sitting on mycellium and there will the new mushrooms spawn on the surrrounding mycellium. You'll cut them down, empty the barrel and have new water fill the empty barrel and new mushrooms will now spawn right after the water fills the barrel. At least it did on Agrarian Skies. Had me a mushroom/soul sand farm with that set-up.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well if you had infinite water, you could fill the barrel with water that is sitting on mycellium and there will the new mushrooms spawn on the surrounding mycellium. You'll cut them down, empty the barrel and have new water fill the empty barrel and new mushrooms will now spawn right after the water fills the barrel. At least it did on Agrarian Skies. Had me a mushroom/soul sand farm with that set-up.
you can use the Blazing pro under a crucible and feed into it from a chest leaves. you can then feed out to barrel setting next to mycellium. Then the simplest way is to feed into the top sand and feed soul sand out the bottom. This should let you harvest mushroom all you want.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
So...no ideas on the mob loading issue I have? :'( (btw thank you Iskander for making such a great pack and I hope you feel better!)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Another case of me logging in and rubberbanded mobs coming at me through the walls (luckily I'm prepared but still scary as heck). I got documentation of it this time xD.
View attachment 12725 View attachment 12726 View attachment 12727
First one shows me right after I load in and do a 360. The mob is clearly spawned in a wall (and taking damage). Second is after it walks towards me, showing it's not just a visual bug. Third shows the items I got (1 bone, 1 fire charge, one arrow, and a damaged bow) from killing it, showing that the mob WAS actually there. I've seen smaller mobs (mainly creepers) be able to spawn inside the base already as well. Should I just try to make my walls thicker? (most are 2 thick except for this one which is 1 thick)

Holy crap! Ok, that's just wrong on so many damn levels. It would explain some things tho.

1) I spend first 3 days doing alot of things but by end of third day, I have a perimeter wall/trench (not spider proof) around 20-30 blocks radius from ship outer area. I used to hug next to ship in back (front really, next to cockpit) but now I don't, I push it out 20-30 with 30 + blocks near your main entrance. I don't have it all lit, but they are definately pushed back. As soon as I make enough charcoal, I get torches everywhere and probably by day 5 I have zero incursion-able areas.
2) I don't start digging below ship till much later, usually for setting up food and SFM and some more furnaces with SFM feeding it.

If people are starting off in areas below the ship and / or near fences and this is happening, yeah, then there's why I've never witness that, since I never allow that to happen in first place.

I might start a new world, maybe test, maybe not, and see if I can replicate this. I believe you guys now tho. Before, I was x-files, now I am obama pre-election. (joke: i want to believe, I believe). :}[DOUBLEPOST=1409624521][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quote of the week, "This is the hardest mod pack in the WORLD" Generikb. rofl We are going to have to start calling this mod pack the Legend Killer. rofl
as opposed to BnB, otherwise known as the Baby/Dream/Bladder/Sphincter -=- Killer[DOUBLEPOST=1409624643][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is. Look back at LEAST 10 pages to get the scoop. not going to reitterate something that happened 2 nites ago. due diligence. You are not the only one guilty of not doing it. Daily, about 3-5 people, all new members, all say same thing. there is a search bar, top right, use it. Please....