[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I am not entirely sure what you're saying, but I think you mean that the CA works faster than Liquicrafters. And that could be true. Haven't used a CA before. But a single liquicrafter can keep up with 9 redstone furnaces all pumping out charcoal (turning the charcoal into charcoal blocks) without ever having a more than 8 pieces of charcoal in it's input chest (aka, my set up), so for most things, I am sure it's plenty fast enough. :)

That being said, I am sure the CA is technically better, but Liquicrafter gets the job done and doesn't require power, so I love the thing.
The CA will take whatever is in it's inventory and perform those actions before you get a chance to do anything (for example, put a schematic in there to make a bunch of cream using milk piping in. the thing that slows it down is the speed at which it can draw liquid, versus making something not requiring liquid, it'll do it instantaneously. Again, both have very similar functions, but look at what you'll have to setup with a real sieving assembly line. You have 7(8?) different ores (iron, gold, aluminum, copper, tin, lead, platinum) with 3 variations, that's 3x21 7 CA's you will need to create those in your assembly line. In your case, using that liquicraft, you'll have to setup 21 lines feeding a redstone pulse to all those machines while also hooking them up to inventorys to process. right? Replace where the power would go with a rednet cable and you'd be in business. so little difference, but you're right. I will have to try it out. I think I talked myself out of my argument while typing this.
Edit: I type faster than I can think and my math skills don't even approach padawan level :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1409625023][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do have barrels of Witch Water near my Mycelium, but I am 99.9% sure I had the Mycelium down and grew mushrooms on it well before I put down the water. But I could very well be wrong.
ancient spores creates the mycellium. Putting water in a barrel and leaving it around STONE makes moss (not mycellium) which is what I think you're confused about.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Holy crap! Ok, that's just wrong on so many damn levels. It would explain some things tho.

1) I spend first 3 days doing alot of things but by end of third day, I have a perimeter wall/trench (not spider proof) around 20-30 blocks radius from ship outer area. I used to hug next to ship in back (front really, next to cockpit) but now I don't, I push it out 20-30 with 30 + blocks near your main entrance. I don't have it all lit, but they are definately pushed back. As soon as I make enough charcoal, I get torches everywhere and probably by day 5 I have zero incursion-able areas.
2) I don't start digging below ship till much later, usually for setting up food and SFM and some more furnaces with SFM feeding it.

If people are starting off in areas below the ship and / or near fences and this is happening, yeah, then there's why I've never witness that, since I never allow that to happen in first place.

I might start a new world, maybe test, maybe not, and see if I can replicate this. I believe you guys now tho. Before, I was x-files, now I am obama pre-election. (joke: i want to believe, I believe). :}[DOUBLEPOST=1409624521][/DOUBLEPOST]
as opposed to BnB, otherwise known as the Baby/Dream/Bladder/Sphincter -=- Killer[DOUBLEPOST=1409624643][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is. Look back at LEAST 10 pages to get the scoop. not going to reitterate something that happened 2 nites ago. due diligence. You are not the only one guilty of not doing it. Daily, about 3-5 people, all new members, all say same thing. there is a search bar, top right, use it. Please....
i posted already i don't think Generikb has play BnBs. The quote was his. i don't think Crashing landing is hard more on just doesn't play well with the mind set of "what i would do in reg FTB mod pack". I think people just come in thinking they will just go about things the same way they always do and that gets them killed more times then mobs do.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i posted already i don't think Generikb has play BnBs. The quote was his. i don't think Crashing landing is hard more on just doesn't play well with the mind set of "what i would do in reg FTB mod pack". I think people just come in thinking they will just go about things the same way they always do and that gets them killed more times then mobs do.
yeah, I know. It's funny. I truly think that the pack that takes BnB's crown (if it ever happens) as being the hardest pack ever, well, the pack maker will wake up with a horse head in his bed the next day with eyamaz, sitting there, sipping coffee in a dark corner explaining what it's like to dance with the devil. :)

plus, any youtubers brave enough to play that pack solo is going to have a bad time (insert oblig sp ski guy). There will be ALOT of camping out for the night in the tiny cave you hollowed out running from packs of crazy mobs, redoing entire houses cause invaders came a knocking, jeez, I don't even.... yeah, it would be extremely difficult to do on camera like most tubers do. CL is one of those awesome reeses peanut butter cup type moments... You got your horror in my survival. it's awesome! :) it's such a good blend, it's just a great fit. I've seen lots of people say that BnB is impossible, and I don't truly believe that, but it does take a dedicated mindset to plow through it. This? It's hard, but not infinitely impossible or even close to it. The amount of times I've died and restarted learning new tricks is a good testatment to me for it. And I think that's CL's weakest link up till now. that start was what brings you in, but then mid game, what? Now we have cities. end game? TBD. and since MC doesn't really have an end, this doesn't either. I can see it now.

The thing you need for your ship will need a part that is made when you combine 9 machine frames in a grid and then combine with 8 delighted meals in a circle around that thingy. You'll need 4 stacks of those to make that thingy that gets you home.... *rofl* where's my backspace key.....

edit: did you call me a more on? :}

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
The CA will take whatever is in it's inventory and perform those actions before you get a chance to do anything (for example, put a schematic in there to make a bunch of cream using milk piping in. the thing that slows it down is the speed at which it can draw liquid, versus making something not requiring liquid, it'll do it instantaneously. Again, both have very similar functions, but look at what you'll have to setup with a real sieving assembly line. You have 7(8?) different ores (iron, gold, aluminum, copper, tin, lead, platinum) with 3 variations, that's 3x21 7 CA's you will need to create those in your assembly line. In your case, using that liquicraft, you'll have to setup 21 lines feeding a redstone pulse to all those machines while also hooking them up to inventorys to process. right? Replace where the power would go with a rednet cable and you'd be in business. so little difference, but you're right. I will have to try it out. I think I talked myself out of my argument while typing this.

Okay, so, from what I'm reading here (again, never played with a CA), they can do multiple different patterns each? Cause of that's the case, yeah, they are a big improvement over LCs. And while it's true, each LC needs a redstone pulse, the Redstone Clock block works fine and is super cheap, so that's not really an issue.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Another case of me logging in and rubberbanded mobs coming at me through the walls (luckily I'm prepared but still scary as heck). I got documentation of it this time xD.
View attachment 12725 View attachment 12726 View attachment 12727
First one shows me right after I load in and do a 360. The mob is clearly spawned in a wall (and taking damage). Second is after it walks towards me, showing it's not just a visual bug. Third shows the items I got (1 bone, 1 fire charge, one arrow, and a damaged bow) from killing it, showing that the mob WAS actually there. I've seen smaller mobs (mainly creepers) be able to spawn inside the base already as well. Should I just try to make my walls thicker? (most are 2 thick except for this one which is 1 thick)
sound like he built his trench and then dug out all the way up to it leaving only 1 block between him and the trench? Need to leave at least 2 -3 blocks.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
yeah, I know. It's funny. I truly think that the pack that takes BnB's crown (if it ever happens) as being the hardest pack ever, well, the pack maker will wake up with a horse head in his bed the next day with eyamaz, sitting there, sipping coffee in a dark corner explaining what it's like to dance with the devil. :)

plus, any youtubers brave enough to play that pack solo is going to have a bad time (insert oblig sp ski guy). There will be ALOT of camping out for the night in the tiny cave you hollowed out running from packs of crazy mobs, redoing entire houses cause invaders came a knocking, jeez, I don't even.... yeah, it would be extremely difficult to do on camera like most tubers do. CL is one of those awesome reeses peanut butter cup type moments... You got your horror in my survival. it's awesome! :) it's such a good blend, it's just a great fit. I've seen lots of people say that BnB is impossible, and I don't truly believe that, but it does take a dedicated mindset to plow through it. This? It's hard, but not infinitely impossible or even close to it. The amount of times I've died and restarted learning new tricks is a good testatment to me for it. And I think that's CL's weakest link up till now. that start was what brings you in, but then mid game, what? Now we have cities. end game? TBD. and since MC doesn't really have an end, this doesn't either. I can see it now.

The thing you need for your ship will need a part that is made when you combine 9 machine frames in a grid and then combine with 8 delighted meals in a circle around that thingy. You'll need 4 stacks of those to make that thingy that gets you home.... *rofl* where's my backspace key.....

edit: did you call me a more on? :}
Well i did do a Quick start guide for BnBs with really good tips but i died like 3 times. 2 of them were teleporting glitch. I can't play it through. I like hard packs sometimes, some packs these days seem to just be making the packs hard for the point of it being stupid hard. I just can't play something just because it is super hard. I know wolv21 was doing it and like died quite a few times as i remember before i stopped watching i don't know if he finished it or just gave he. He has always been a Hardcore player.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Okay, so, from what I'm reading here (again, never played with a CA), they can do multiple different patterns each? Cause of that's the case, yeah, they are a big improvement over LCs. And while it's true, each LC needs a redstone pulse, the Redstone Clock block works fine and is super cheap, so that's not really an issue.
not at the same time. Essentially, you either prefab a schematic in an engineers workbench(?) OR you shut off NEI (O) and put an empty schematic in there and you can create the schematic on the right (build the pattern), hit checkbox. turning NEI off is mandatory.

You can pop the schematic in/out anytime you want. In agskies, I had one that was hooked up to water. I had one schematic in there for making salt using a pot, and a bucket to make pam's water, and something else. same for milk, etc.. Just move the schematic in/out, etc.. All your reusable tools and stuff need to be in that inventory tho at same time so it's a pita to maintain say 5 stacks of toast, 5 stacks of cheese, 5 stacks of beef/soy/whatever, etc... Yes, the culinary master quests in agskies were alot easier to deal with these guys. That and the engineer's workbench or whatever are very usefull things cause of schematics.

A better (tho for me, I have crashes) alternative is the xact crafting stations. those are really awesome, but as I stated, I've had alot of issues with them. No liquids for them, but you create schematics sorta, but you have like 6 places to put them in and you just pull out of the interface. Used in pack with gregtech and it was really handy for making all those tools you need to make other things. they'll pull from adjacent chests, so I had in ground, one resonant strongbox surrounded 4 sides by xact craft tables and would store all the resources I needed in that one box and I could make anything by pulling out of those schematics. real real handy.

But, while I was typing the previous statement, I realized that the same place I have power running to the CA's, you could run the rednet. Not need any power, and tbh, doing the sieving... you don't need to make anything special other than that one, so the schematic there is totally overkill. If it would be easier to setup, that would be a real deal maker.

Again, mostly all moot. SFM is the most versatile thing I've ever seen. It truly is. Learn it, love it, marry it if you can .... :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Well i did do a Quick start guide for BnBs with really good tips but i died like 3 times. 2 of them were teleporting glitch. I can't play it through. I like hard packs sometimes, some packs these days seem to just be making the packs hard for the point of it being stupid hard. I just can't play something just because it is super hard. I know wolv21 was doing it and like died quite a few times as i remember before i stopped watching i don't know if he finished it or just gave he. He has always been a Hardcore player.
The problem with bnb is Eyamaz watches the topic and does the exact opposite that Iskandar does. He sees people complaining, he knows he's going in the right direction, but he needs to be more evil and then adds dream dimension.. :) I kid. not really, eyamaz ate my kid if I had one, but yeah, I kid. It's a fun pack. The pure darkness, the invaders, the special mobs, all of that stuff put into one place is pure awesome. But my box started having issues with it. Every time I enter / leave nether, I'd have a 50/50 chance of a ticking entity error happening that would 50% of the time corrupt the world. I'd use aroma but then would still lose a ton of work. Multiply that by the # of times that happened, and yeah, turned off.

Don't get me started on the meteors. You either allow them to come down and hit, possibly ruining your house or whatever, or your entire land around your area is FILLED (I posted pics of mine at one point) with ores as far as the eye could see. I could easilly spend 4-6 hours cleaning up all the surface then have to do it again after another 1-2 meteor strikes. I think he nerfed that at one point, but it was pure evil. I ended up disabling that. I started calling it the minecraft version of the Viscera cleanup dlc for shadow warrior after all of that.

If it was bug free, I'd totally play it. As it stands, CL is mostly bug free except for pneumaticraft which is the only thing in this pack that has given me any issues. and you know how I feel about PC, so yeah....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
speaking of mushrooms, I think I got stuck on those mushrooms you find on mycellium (i.e. vanilla mc mushrooms). The mushrooms I'd make pizza with tho are pam's mushrooms which are different and gettable via the normal methods (hoeing grass for seeds or using a scythe or whatever on the grass you bonemeal'd) don't rem which is which anymore. those you just grow in normal farm.

ZJamie

Jul 29, 2019
uhhh, right so i used /hqm quest in singleplayer and I still lost the map after dying 3 times, yes, I did most definitely have a sync shell, however when i died the second time I respawned where I had a bed so I think there may be a bug somewhere??

Just did some testing and found that I can die at least 4 times (hav'nt died any more than 4 times, used the /kill command), sync worked everytime so i don't know what happened to me before but yeah, apparently it works now....

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I enter / leave nether, I'd have a 50/50 chance of a ticking entity error happening that would 50% of the time corrupt the world. I'd use aroma but then would still lose a ton of work. Multiply that by the # of times that happened, and yeah, turned off.

Someone recently figured out this was related to Glenns Gases. Disabling this mod makes the problem go away. Not sure if a fix is in store.

Pretty sure Eyamaz either disabled meteors, or will be disabling them in 1.1.4. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the changes in all these packs!

Also, for the record, I've lost my world to the sync bug in CL once already. (I'm pretty sure it was chunkloaded, or maybe I installed the Chicken Chunks right after that happened, I can't remember). I've never corrupted/lost my BnB playthroughs. RNG for you I suppose. =D

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of mushrooms, I think I got stuck on those mushrooms you find on mycellium (i.e. vanilla mc mushrooms). The mushrooms I'd make pizza with tho are pam's mushrooms which are different and gettable via the normal methods (hoeing grass for seeds or using a scythe or whatever on the grass you bonemeal'd) don't rem which is which anymore. those you just grow in normal farm.

The mushrooms from Pam's HarvestCraft are gathered by bonemealing grass and having them spring into existence as Wild Mushrooms. Like fruit trees or the berry bushes or bamboo. There may be other ways of getting the seeds, but this is the only way I've ever found to get them.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
ancient spores creates the mycellium. Putting water in a barrel and leaving it around STONE makes moss (not mycellium) which is what I think you're confused about.
You seem to be confused about what we were discussing. Did all that math cause temporary mDiyo-level derpage?

Water in a barrel near mycelium is what produces the mushrooms. I've never really used this mechanic before this pack, and I'm not sure if the mushrooms will keep appearing once it becomes witch water, because I never tried leaving it there. One mushroom and some bone meal is never having to worry about mushrooms again.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
You seem to be confused about what we were discussing. Did all that math cause temporary mDiyo-level derpage?

Water in a barrel near mycelium is what produces the mushrooms. I've never really used this mechanic before this pack, and I'm not sure if the mushrooms will keep appearing once it becomes witch water, because I never tried leaving it there. One mushroom and some bone meal is never having to worry about mushrooms again.
It seems to work with fresh water being pumped in. The witch water just sitting there didn't make new ones sprout. Nor did re-pumping the witch water in. Only when you put in new water did the mushroom spawning occur. On Agrarian Skies that is.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

sorry. you are right. that damn skun is at it again.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Someone recently figured out this was related to Glenns Gases. Disabling this mod makes the problem go away. Not sure if a fix is in store.

Pretty sure Eyamaz either disabled meteors, or will be disabling them in 1.1.4. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the changes in all these packs!

Also, for the record, I've lost my world to the sync bug in CL once already. (I'm pretty sure it was chunkloaded, or maybe I installed the Chicken Chunks right after that happened, I can't remember). I've never corrupted/lost my BnB playthroughs. RNG for you I suppose. =D
I doubt it was chunkloaded. I tested it pretty thoroughly. With the chunkloader, I could not get it to kill my sync process no matter what I did and I forced it's hand in a big way, to the point that it took a good minute to get me out of the limbo before it put me into shell. When that process happens tho, just like going into nether and having that happen, the key is to not jump or try to move. I've spawned in void going to nether cause I got antsy and tried to jump as it loaded the nether, etc... Same will probably happen here since I think it's a vanilla mechanic that causes that.

I have been playing BnB since he released it and was enjoying the hell out of each version he made. But, when Eyamaz made the meteors with his face on them, that was taking it a bit too far. oh wait, that was that nightmare I had. :)

He lost me when he said dream dimension I'm afraid to say. :( When I have ALOT more patience, I'll try it again. It's the pack you can't put down forever. I had some awesome bases in there. Last base, I had two of those bird mounts whatever they're called and a meteor came down and destroyed my beautifull animal pen with rednet control and killed my babies. *sniff* Bub and Bob. *sniff* bob squawked. alot.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
First some early game tips which have probably been done before but I havent seen mentioned or seen in peoples lets play on youtube. I like to make everything serve more than one purpose in skyblock style maps. (Some may not be 100% useful because I have "cheated" by turning special mobs off )
Then after that I have some questions:

Use the slab furnace for a half block murder hole under your wall.

Dont bother trying to keep spiders out in early game, you need their eyes. Build some 2x1 columns of dust outside your door to make it easier to kill the big ones.

Making your water go further: FOUR uses from ONE source block.
Use 1: One water source block can feed a massive farm, instead of a 9x9 farm do a stepped 9 wide farm with a trench from your water source block. When the water runs out on the 8th block dig down one and step the entire farm down one block each time. I'm sure you can find something to do with all of that dust. place slabs/steps beside it so you dont have to jump up the farm levels, I do a harvesting round down one side then up the other once a day.

Use 2: Trench out to one side of your farm from your water source to use for your autonomous activator and sifter.
Put sifter one block below ground level under the last flowing water block.
put the autonomous activator to one side with a dust block on top. You dont want to be able to see water near anything you will right click.
Dig a 2 deep trench near it so you can see the back of the autonomous activator to fill it up.
Put your hopper next to the sifter into a single chest with a dust block on top (why?: see bonus use 2) then place a crafting slab next to the chest so you can access the contents without opening the chest (because it has dust on it) you will need to manually sort the chest through the crafting slab for a while. Once you get more resources you can move it across with an itemduct or a second hopper to open for auto sorting.
Use the crafting slab as one of your steps to climb out to save hunger from jumping.

Use 3: From the opposite side of your sifter trench out to your cobble generator. Place the source block right and you can dig under the leaking engine for the pyrotheum leak to come out the side facing your ship rather than letting it run out the broken side of the engine.

Use 4: From the remaining side run it under your ship, with some careful steps/benches like we used for the farm you can excavate almost all of the dust underneath the ship without lighting because it is all covered in flowing water. Keep an eye on the radar for squid, they will spawn.

Bonus use 2: Build a 1 high wall around your sifter and hopper and put a slab roof on it (1 above the hopper = 1 above ground level). Put carpet on your hopper and throw your eggs into the opening to break on the back wall above the hopper. The flowing water keeps the chickens in. The carpet stops the chicks from glitching down the sides of the hopper. (edit: this needs some work, I've lost a couple of chicks in the sifter.. )

QUESTIONS:
Is there a table or list somewhere for the heat value of blocks and items? I'm particularly interested in the road dark cobble and dark gravel, I'm thinking of tunnelling under it to the city, then paving the tunnel with cement to be able to move faster on the way back.
I've noticed being near a furnace or wearing gold armour overheats you, Is wooden armour better or is there an insulating garment to use near furnaces?
Is it going to help if I plant trees on top of my ship?
When overheating is standing in flowing water any help or must it be a source block?

Last edited:
Reactions: ICountFrom0

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Don't get me wrong, DW is great, and it shows that he's been doing this a very very long time. But, I'd expect someone like him to retain a crap ton of knowledge and be a powerhouse for all this info. when I know something simple that he doesn't, it boggles my mind completely. I expect them to know everything and prove to me that I'm an idiot since they are the ones making money off of it, etc... I've learned alot of stuff from DW vids over the years. So, not complaining. I just feel that some of the tubers noawadays are just pretty faces to throw in front of the camera (not looking at you magzie :) )
he also needs to remember mechanics for several different versions of each mod (currently his pack, the forgecraft server and CL), and the HQM survival maps tend to change a lot of recipes, and CL has some mods he is unfamiliar with

foxxx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a big reactor controller and wanted to know what kind of building I should look for in the cities. I know that the ones with a chimney on top are for tinker and pneumatic craft stuff.

So where would I need to look for big reactors parts?

Reactions: Shane2482