[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
@DoomSquirter I feel your pain watching youtubers. Even with some of the more knowledgeable ones of the pack they make mistakes and I'm just like... No... Please god no.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I facepalmed when he dropped the rose red he is going to need later (he has no fire seeds lol) instead of the rotten flesh, dust, or arrows he was carrying around. I am pretty sure he didn't get enough materials for the high oven either. Guess he will be heading back there sooner than he thought.

Pahimar didn't even take a pick with him. I don't know what they were thinking but they apparently fumbled their way through it somehow. I couldn't believe Pahimar combat logged. Hardcore makes people do some crazy and questionable things.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I wanna report a bug (if this is a bug really...?!).
When I craft a camel pack and I equip this item, the crafted item will be "un-crafted".
I made 2 ingame videos from this issue:
- https://mega.co.nz/#!TZcTmCTD!mKW4FCp11D2EFHwreuAHEiMF0XyRvKmoat5SGw9U-xA
- https://mega.co.nz/#!rE8DgTYQ!FgVkddI9gDQNYGyKDPdt_qgADunUOT_nD3gtA42qO7Y
I notice this bug when I switch between inventory tabs, or close and re-open inventory window. So I cant equip the crafted item.
Java: SE v8u11
FTB: 1.4.3
MC: 1.6.4
Whats the problem?
Thank for your help!

Regards,
scorns

Does your inventory always open to the TCon tab

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I facepalmed when he dropped the rose red he is going to need later (he has no fire seeds lol) instead of the rotten flesh, dust, or arrows he was carrying around. I am pretty sure he didn't get enough materials for the high oven either. Guess he will be heading back there sooner than he thought.

It's very easy to get overloaded as you go through the city. I've had to go back repeadedly. It's not always pleasant.

One thing I tried with great success is I created a small shack just outside of town and I house a few strongboxes. I use those for extra portable inventory. I'm hoping to make the small shack the end of a rail line to help commute to and from the city. All I'd need is some track, a mine cart and 45 minutes from broadway on repeat... :p

He'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.

Last edited:

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Bring the strongboxes with yourself for extra storage space, and use tanks for carrying water instead of stuffing your inventory with bottles. Should be enough to carry everything you find.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It's very easy to get overloaded as you go through the city. I've had to go back repeadedly. It's not always pleasant.

One thing I tried with great success is I created a small shack just outside of town and I house a few strongboxes. I use those for extra portable inventory. I'm hoping to make the small shack the end of a rail line to help commute to and from the city. All I'd need is some track, a mine cart and 45 minutes from broadway on repeat... :p

He'll figure it out eventually I'm sure.
... Or he'll die again.
Scratch that, he'll die again, then he'll figure it out.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
@DoomSquirter I feel your pain watching youtubers. Even with some of the more knowledgeable ones of the pack they make mistakes and I'm just like... No... Please god no.
Well speaking for myself, I watch the 'famous' youtubers for entertainment, which they never fail to deliver.

There are quite a few youtubers with only a fraction of the subscribers that offer heaps of information.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Well speaking for myself, I watch the 'famous' youtubers for entertainment, which they never fail to deliver.

There are quite a few youtubers with only a fraction of the subscribers that offer heaps of information.
True enough. Check Tofski.

It's because of the Salary Theorem: The More you Know, the Less you Make.

So, if:
Time = Money
Knowledge = Power
And
Power = Work / Time
We can swap out Knowledge for Power and Money for Time.
Knowledge = Work / Money
Solving for money, we get:
Money = Work / Knowledge
Therefore, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity.
Case and Point: Direwolf20 vs. SkydoesMinecraft.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@Palindrome "The best way to do combat is to avoid" one of the truest statement iv heard on CL
My theory is the more you run the more you live. :)

As far as youtubers go. For patience training, I've been watching (and enjoying) the evicted series (which, since is ironic considering my current state IRL) and those 2 are maddening to watch. especially in regards to inventory management. OMG at the start I was really screaming at them. Hey, let's go through this dungeon and you can see their entire inventory is full and the stuff is laying all over, after mining they're like "hey, how come I can't carry anything" EPICFACEPALM

Yeah, carry wood with you no matter where you go early game. Pillar up, make chests, anything. just so you can do that and avoid despawn. I think this is vanilla MC early thought process, irregardless of any mods or anything else. Maybe people just don't play vanilla to start anymore. sigh. I just don't understand. But, all you have to do is drive to work, see people do idiotic things, picture that they do this all day long and realize they'd be dead by now if they did. People make mistakes. Ok. I'll give them that. But when you're on camera, I don't know about you, but I'd be ensuring that I was paying attention whle I did what I did. Maybe this is too much like a job and their attention wavers. Like anything else, you get too used to doing something and lose focus way quicker than normal.

Or, more insidiously, they do it on purpose, thinking, like watching springer, without something to be angry about, people would be bored, so they do it for comic relief? It's a good thing the steve model doesn't have a trip animation or we'd be seeing a bunch of kramer entrances in these vids ala seinfeld.

Reactions: Shane2482

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I have a few questions... some might seem silly but I can't find the answer anywhere.

The first is, I can find eggs. I have a few chickens. I have nothing with which to breed them. What can I use?
Next, how do I get the other farm animals? cows? pigs? sheep? etc.
The energetic infuser is a pain the buttocks to assemble... is there anything else in the world that can charge something other than that peice of equipment?
Is the autopackager my only option, automation wise, for that function in this pack? I'm wanting to automate turning dust into blocks to be smelted

I'm sure other things will come to mind later.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
...I like watching Genny. It's nice to see someone as derpy as me playing and keep on going in the light of failure. P.S. He did much better in episode 3. He managed to get his sync shell right :D

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I have a few questions... some might seem silly but I can't find the answer anywhere.

The first is, I can find eggs. I have a few chickens. I have nothing with which to breed them. What can I use?
The energetic infuser is a pain the buttocks to assemble... is there anything else in the world that can charge something other than that peice of equipment?
Is the autopackager my only option, automation wise, for that function in this pack? I'm wanting to automate turning dust into blocks to be smelted

You can get seeds from hoeing grass, I think. Could someone else check that?
I'm not sure, and I haven't tested, and haven't gotten a definitive answer myself, but I know that in skyblock some grass blocks can spawn animals, although it may have to be >32 blocks away.
For autocrafting? You can use AE. Of course, that's an utter pain in and of itself... XD

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

I just get my chickens and let them keep laying eggs. They'll make so much anyway. Take the eggs and dispense them. The chickens from here I dispatch. My hole of despairing chickens. :D
The other animals seem to come in the later quests you do the life something or other.
If you find another way to do the infuse please share?
You could use a cyclical assembler I suppose but the packager is brainless once you have it so?:confused:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Use mattock on a grass blocks until it coughs up a wheat seed. Grow wheat, feed chickens etc. seeds.
Repeatable quests for spawn eggs for most of those animals, just work through your book you'll get there. I also found some pig spawners with one of my enderquarries but I'm not sure where they came from.
You can do it with flux capacitors but then you'd need to charge those too unless you want to use a lot of the tuberous capacitors. Just make the infuser.
Cyclic Assembler and Steve's Factory Manager are also options.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, and I haven't tested, and haven't gotten a definitive answer myself, but I know that in skyblock some grass blocks can spawn animals, although it may have to be >32 blocks away.
Not on this pack. Dust World (biome) doesn't allow passive mobs to spawn.

Quests grant you access to animal spawn eggs, then you can either repeat the quests over and over again and breed them vanilla style, or do what I do and just mass produce animals with the auto-spawner.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not on this pack. Dust World (biome) doesn't allow passive mobs to spawn.

Quests grant you access to animal spawn eggs, then you can either repeat the quests over and over again and breed them vanilla style, or do what I do and just mass produce animals with the auto-spawner.
Ah, good to know. Thanks. :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Since people were talking about mods to add to their private play experience, I'd really like to have Mekanism here. Not really a huge fan of TE, plus that digiminer OMG I could find so many uses for that in this modpack. Goodbye, buggy and exploit-ridden ender quarry!

The problem is making it possible (can't sift osmium) while also keeping it balanced (best gated behind PC like machine frames). I wonder what the easiest way to gate osmium behind PC would be? >.>

Reactions: Shane2482

ShadowHex

Jul 29, 2019
whenever i try to launch this Pack, it fails and tells me this on the console, not sure if this on FTB but wanted to refer it here first:

SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

what is recommended i do? ive tried deleting and re-installing the pack (twice) and ive even restarted my computer, this seems like an awesome pack but i cant play it and i was hoping you have some insight into whats going on here