[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

scorns

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I wanna report a bug (if this is a bug really...?!).
When I craft a camel pack and I equip this item, the crafted item will be "un-crafted".
I made 2 ingame videos from this issue:
- https://mega.co.nz/#!TZcTmCTD!mKW4FCp11D2EFHwreuAHEiMF0XyRvKmoat5SGw9U-xA
- https://mega.co.nz/#!rE8DgTYQ!FgVkddI9gDQNYGyKDPdt_qgADunUOT_nD3gtA42qO7Y
I notice this bug when I switch between inventory tabs, or close and re-open inventory window. So I cant equip the crafted item.
Java: SE v8u11
FTB: 1.4.3
MC: 1.6.4
Whats the problem?
Thank for your help!

Regards,
scorns

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have pushed through PC. I am up to the last two parts where I need to create machine upgrades (still don't have a brewery) and the kinetic compressor (more expensive than my car). What annoys me with it is having to micromanage so many things. Sitting there constantly watching it.
Creating alloys while trying to work out the magical number of dusts.
While trying to work out why a setup up of water->cobble->pyrotheum for my cobblegen turns the water and cobble into stone.
While making obsidian with lava instead of pyrotheum.
While constantly stocking the compressors.
While breaking and re-closing the pressure chamber.
All the while losing an hour+ of work because I forgot to check PCBs.

I'm not overly fussed about it now though. I liked how the quest line walked me through each step and aside from the pressure chamber and the loss of the PCBs it hasn't been that annoying. I was just super pissed that the 10 PCBs was where I was going to leave it last night. Losing them made me angry, I considered cheating them in but thought that wouldn't be a very good lesson. Even though it was an annoying mechanic, I didn't want to cheapen the experience. Thus I stayed up well past what I should have to make some more and finish off this nightmare questline.

Losing the PCBs and the finicky pressure chamber was just the last in a long line of annoyances though. The first was when I was finally building my smeltery and I had just enough to finish it off. I went to put compressed cobble into it and it wouldn't smelt. The controller was messing up the lava levels and I thought it was bugged. After about an hour of dis-assemble/re-assemble, close and re-load game etc etc. I realised cobble doesn't smelt and I had to use my leftover blocks. I place the blocks in and start smelting away.

I got my high oven up, while completing the quest to make doubles of things (grumble grumble) and then didn't have enough left over to make a tool forge...apparently one block of seared stone makes one seared brick...realising I needed to either head back to the city in the same armour or find a new one really ticked me off. Dealing with the pressure chamber and losing the PCBs after that was just the game giving me a giant middle finger and saying "F**K YOU HAHAHAHAHAHA".

It's not all doom and gloom though because now I can look forward to automating it all. I am into MFR which is one of the few mods I actually know in this pack (that and TE). I was even doing work on it in the Github when it got revamped last year. I just have to re-acquaint myself with some of the blocks and we are good to go.

First things first, find out why I have the laziest grinder in the history of grinders. You have power, you have mobs, why you sit there and idle grinder? WHY?!
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this to you yet, it would have been really helpful.
You can have flowing acid flow towards a hopper (multiple source blocks like a mini river might work, I suppose). The hopper feeds into a chest which has itemducts pulling stuff out and placing it in a dispenser, which spits stuff out back into the acid.
Some notes on his build:
I didn't make this up myself; I saw someone else who posted it. You know who you are! :)
You could probably use a comparator hooked up to the dispenser to make it activate literally whenever it has anything in it, although anytime it has more than one thing in it it would lock up.
You could use a pneumatic servo on the itemduct on the chest to allow only not-done pcbs out.
With one source block, about 4% is etched. This can be lengthened by increasing the length of the acid "river," by sort if cascading... Hard to explain. If you can't figure out what I mean, that is, how to lengthen one source block, go play vanilla. :p

Finally, once again, I didn't come up with this, nor have I actually tested, so most of what I said is theoretical. Theory is my favorite thing, however, so I'm probably pretty reliable. :D

I had something else to say, but I don't remember what it was...

On the note of suggested mods:
Hats: Yes. It'll be that much harder to resist the temptation of going out at night to kill mobs.
Morph would essentially have to have all abilities removed. In that case, however, it's kind of useles... :p
Translocators: Yeah. That would be great.
Steve's Carts: I haven't gotten far enough in creative to use that. I really can't help decide.

... That's all for now. :D
(Wow, that was a mega post... XD)

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Only once it's large enough that you can have enough input/output to completely automate it's not a pain but it also looks a bit retarded at that point.
Another episode of Hoff's "Crazy Talk". :) I've grumbled quite about about the mod but one area I think it isn't lacking in is how it looks.
y3lORGq.jpg
I made ~512 PCBs with that rig yesterday just by dumping stuff in one end and sticking the transistors/capacitors on the boards by hand at the crafting table. Think I might replace that output line of itemduct with SFM in the floor for a cleaner look. Sounds like I could move that input chamber somewhere more convenient too?

The part of the mod I don't really like is the seeds which currently feels like a magical mod shoehorned into a tech mod.

Reactions: cannajan

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You could probably use a comparator hooked up to the dispenser to make it activate literally whenever it has anything in it, although anytime it has more than one thing in it it would lock up.
hook the output of the comparator back to the comparator to make it blink and cycle the dispenser

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
hook the output of the comparator back to the comparator to make it blink and cycle the dispenser
I was going for more elegant - instead of a timer, I want a dispenser that only ticks when it has something in it. You could probably accomplish my goal by splitting the output of the comparator. One stays positive and goes right into the dispenser, turning on when there's something in it. Invert the other output and put it into a hopper that contains the next pcbs to spit out.
This way, every time the dispenser spits something out, it lets another one in.

Once again, all theory. I'll test later. :D

Aixler

Jul 29, 2019
etching acid on top of a hopper, put 4 random items in the hopper and 1 etched pcb.
Throw your empty pcb in the acid, the hopper will now auto collect the pcb when its ready.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
etching acid on top of a hopper, put 4 random items in the hopper and 1 etched pcb.
Throw your empty pcb in the acid, the hopper will now auto collect the pcb when its ready.
Thats a really elegant solution, but isn't the etching time longer than the item despawn time?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I was going for more elegant - instead of a timer, I want a dispenser that only ticks when it has something in it. You could probably accomplish my goal by splitting the output of the comparator. One stays positive and goes right into the dispenser, turning on when there's something in it. Invert the other output and put it into a hopper that contains the next pcbs to spit out.
This way, every time the dispenser spits something out, it lets another one in.

Once again, all theory. I'll test later. :D
vanilla players have figured out the auto ticking dispenser/dropper problem a long time ago, chick some of those builds

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Did you not read that I wanted elegance? :p
vanilla players have figured out the auto ticking dispenser/dropper problem a long time ago, chick some of those builds
... I know, I wanted to invent it myself so I feel smart.

Why is everyone so vehemently against my trying to build this? XD
I'm almost done with testing. A few more min, and I'll post screenies.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alright! Here's my elegant solution (which I invented myself):
This will come in Two parts, as I think my images are too big.
Screenshots of not-redstone:
Overhead View.png
Itemduct Closeup.png

How this works (Excluding the redstone, that will come in part two!):

The dispenser, hooked up to the soon-to-be-explained redstone, puts anything in it into the etching acid "river," which only takes one source block, and which then flows all the way back down to the hopper, as you can see. The hopper goes into a chest, which has powered itemducts taking the items back up to the dispenser's hopper.
The reason why I have the etching acid as it is is so that it uses as few itemducts as possible. This model uses four.

The total amount processed per "cycle" is 24%. Now, for the redstone.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This is part two of my super-efficient etching acid thang.
This will explain the redstone.
Screenshot:
2014-09-01_09.01.49 - Copy.png

How this works: The dispenser has a comparator on it, which is set to the default setting (the setting it's on when placed down). This is hooked up to one repeater to strengthen the signal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: UPON FURTHER TESTING, THE REDSTONE CONNECTED TO THE HOPPER IS UNECESSARY.

The comparator then powers the dispenser, causing it to spit out one item. Because of how timing works, this basically makes an auto-tick dispenser. In order to turn this off, just power the hopper with redstone (i.e. a lever).

This machine processes 24% of a pcb per "cycle."

Hope that helped. :D

Reactions: pc_assassin

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
All this time spent etching boards could have been spent pulling an assembly line out of the ruins. :)

I only did the acid bath twice in my playthrough. Then again I was doing 16-32 boards at a time. The acid doesn't care how many there are. Same amount of time for 32 as for 1.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
All this time spent etching boards could have been spent pulling an assembly line out of the ruins. :)

I only did the acid bath twice in my playthrough. Then again I was doing 16-32 boards at a time. The acid doesn't care how many there are. Same amount of time for 32 as for 1.
I know. Mine just prevents despawning, and has an elegant dispenser setup. XD

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a really elegant solution, but isn't the etching time longer than the item despawn time?
Nope, the etching only takes about 2-3 minutes. I know this cause I use a SFM program to etch pcbs and it just throws them into the acid until they are done without cycling them back into an inventory to refresh their despawn timers.

I've done well over 200 pcbs in the acid in my playthrough, because I do 64 empty pcbs in the UV light thing at a time, then throw all 64 into the acid and my SFM program takes care of the rest. It's much faster than my laser assembly line, even with speed upgrades.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, the etching only takes about 2-3 minutes. I know this cause I use a SFM program to etch pcbs and it just throws them into the acid until they are done without cycling them back into an inventory to refresh their despawn timers.
Huh. I believe it was 5 minutes, same as despawn time, when PC first came out and Dire spotlighted it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. I believe it was 5 minutes, same as despawn time, when PC first came out and Dire spotlighted it.
Either this is true, or DW20 never actually tested it properly and it was always less than the despawn time. It's definitely less than the despawn time now though.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
just finished watching dw ep 5 and both of generikb's vids. jeez. One thing's for certain. Youtubers are doomed from the start with this pack cause they're busy introducing everyone and stating objectives while their thirst and hunger start rapidly depleting. and yeah, watching generikb, well, yeah, that's not good for the blood pressure. don't think I'll be able to continue watching that. just too painful. I was waiting for natural selection to kick in every second he did something oddball. I know that bevo is colorblind yet he finds a way around this, but generikb? watching him screw up something as simple as a TE output grid. he put the energy cell up against the sync shell, then switched it to input or nothing mode, not sure, and no power going in or out and he's like, ok, it doesn't need power. wtf... that shows an amazing lack of knowledge of TE or just being stressed over what to do. Either way, it was painful.

dw20 tho. that was funny as hell. Was yelling at screen (put the stuff in the chest dude!) while they were going to just leave and let smeltery stuff lying there ready to despawn.... *roll* nice to play with someone and they are at base and dw slept. This is definately a pack where playing with someone gives you alot of assistance not only for yourself but having to rely on the other person to help you out.

Omnidirectional hoppers tho. that's cool. never used em. If you can get some compressed iron from city, that seems like a good early start for automation, although I can see how the SFM stuff would be even nicer considering everything. I'm feeling a real itch to start over again and using SFM at beginning.

Anyone can start from nothing and progress up and do whatever they want, time being the only limiting factor. Getting random loot from the city helps you out in a random way and gives you random things to boost something or another. I think the cities are very cool. The risk/reward angle is a cool one and makes each start of the game somewhat unique which allows some replayability other than changing styles of how you do things, etc....

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Omnidirectional hoppers tho. that's cool. never used em. If you can get some compressed iron from city, that seems like a good early start for automation, although I can see how the SFM stuff would be even nicer considering everything.

Aluminum version of the vanilla hopper is in the game too, save some iron for some mostly useless aluminum.

And yeah I'm about ready for a new world too. Went through every page in NEI to see if there was anything interesting I'd skipped over and didn't find much.