[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
First off Iskandar has stated that he desined this pack for player that have at least some knowledge of the mods or are willing to learn them first. 2nd the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards push you to look at other quest more specifically the PneumatiCraft quest line which will walk you through making the the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards.
Plz dont take what i said as being rude but this is just the way this pack is ment to be.
I don't take it as rude. Like I said I know most people will say go play agrian skies. I get that. Not a problem. The quests still feel like there's a gap.

I didn't get past the pneumaticraft quests. I'm at the point where I have to turn in a green plastic sheet... Except I don't have the right seeds because it's very very specific. I hate pneumaticraft, I always have. Seems like everytime I try to use it in my survival world the server crashes. I normally give up on it and use something else to accomplish what I want. Here I have to. I forget if the green is from the repulsion plant or creeper. I don't have it in front of me. Needless to say, the changes he's made to the recipies and the resource collection process... there's no room for error and much of it relies on luck.

On the bright side luck eventually will turn up. I have an automated renewable source of water and a fairly steady supply of 4 or 5 different types of pies for food. Managing all that plus dust to sift to keep getting more supplies while I wait is not quite a full time job. The spare time gives me time to work on my mob farm.

Don't take it per se as a complaint. I am having fun. I enjoy the challenge. The learning curve is steep because I have little experience with the pack. That having been said. The farming food/water and misc self appointed tasks while waiting for the "luck" item to drop in or exploring nearby cities hoping to find the "luck" item can become teadious and grindy. It's not at the moment but it could get there.

In other news I downloaded pam's harvestcraft for my survival game and have been playing with it. It's very interesting. I like the options it gives for food. It's not as crucial as it is in this pack but it's still fun. LOL

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I don't take it as rude. Like I said I know most people will say go play agrian skies. I get that. Not a problem. The quests still feel like there's a gap.

I didn't get past the pneumaticraft quests. I'm at the point where I have to turn in a green plastic sheet... Except I don't have the right seeds because it's very very specific. I hate pneumaticraft, I always have. Seems like everytime I try to use it in my survival world the server crashes. I normally give up on it and use something else to accomplish what I want. Here I have to. I forget if the green is from the repulsion plant or creeper. I don't have it in front of me. Needless to say, the changes he's made to the recipies and the resource collection process... there's no room for error and much of it relies on luck.

On the bright side luck eventually will turn up. I have an automated renewable source of water and a fairly steady supply of 4 or 5 different types of pies for food. Managing all that plus dust to sift to keep getting more supplies while I wait is not quite a full time job. The spare time gives me time to work on my mob farm.

Don't take it per se as a complaint. I am having fun. I enjoy the challenge. The learning curve is steep because I have little experience with the pack. That having been said. The farming food/water and misc self appointed tasks while waiting for the "luck" item to drop in or exploring nearby cities hoping to find the "luck" item can become teadious and grindy. It's not at the moment but it could get there.

In other news I downloaded pam's harvestcraft for my survival game and have been playing with it. It's very interesting. I like the options it gives for food. It's not as crucial as it is in this pack but it's still fun. LOL

i do agree with you that there are some broken things as well as some useless grinding in this pack but when you create a pack that takes all the rules and throws them out the window this is bound to happen. However the big thing to note and a lot of ppl wont know is how far this pack has come.
Iv played every ver of this pack since the release so i know and can tell you and everybody else that things will get better. Iskandar listens to everything that is said and though he may not do things exactly like ppl want he will do his best to find a good mid ground. 112 was one of the bigest updates yet so there are some big problems but he knows this and will be fixing it after he gets to feelind better.

Edit: talk about grindy it may have been a while since i played but Agrarian Skies took the grind to a whole nother level

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I feel strongly about Pneumaticraft as well and have had ALOT to say about PC since well, the beginning when it was made integral to any progression. I will not rehash all of that again. I am firmly in the "against" camp for various reasons. If there were no CTD's, if the pressure chamber wasn't so wonky, the acid bath, etc.... I wouldn't be. Until those things change, I will continue to be.

It comes down to this tho: Put simply, Iskandar has set that as a centerpiece to this modpack. It's his decision to do so. Having people come in and complain, is actually a good thing, as long as the complaints are constructive, not just expletives and condemnation.

But... He's made alot of consolations over the past month or so to cater to those that don't like it and want alternatives to doing those processes. Yes, to complete quests, etc... you must go through the process. but tell me. How can you hate something if you haven't actually gone through the process all the way? That's like judging a book by it's cover (even if they are chisel books) and that doesn't usually end well since that's not what is usually called an informed decision, but more along the lines of an emotional one.

Hate PC. Go ahead, but at least dive in a little to do the quests. Get what you need elsewhere. Hell, if you really get to a point where the entire pack is awesome, you love it, but this keeps you from persuing it, use NEI. cheat some machine frames in. whatever gets you by. If you're plagued by CTD's, post em. Let us know. Try to be grammatically close to the english language while doing so as well, or you will be made fun of (most likely by me), and continue on.

That's the only way to affect change, and Iskandar's shown he's been willing to making consolations for BALANCE sake. He doesn't sit up above and rub his hands together while petting the white kitty on his lap (maybe a pet mini creeper, they are damn cute). This is and will probably be for quite some time, be, a work in progress.[DOUBLEPOST=1409540642][/DOUBLEPOST]
i do agree with you that there are some broken things as well as some useless grinding in this pack but when you create a pack that takes all the rules and throws them out the window this is bound to happen. However the big thing to note and a lot of ppl wont know is how far this pack has come.
Iv played every ver of this pack since the release so i know and can tell you and everybody else that things will get better. Iskandar listens to everything that is said and though he may not do things exactly like ppl want he will do his best to find a good mid ground. 112 was one of the bigest updates yet so there are some big problems but he knows this and will be fixing it after he gets to feelind better.

Edit: talk about grindy it may have been a while since i played but Agrarian Skies took the grind to a whole nother level
freaking purple madness! NUFF SAID. grr freaking forestry stained glass, freaking bees stinging me, freaking octuple compressed cobble, freaking pounding TNT and have half your building explode cause you forgot a lever was there, freaking COMPRESSED DIRT ARGGHHHHHH oh what? Sorry. Peace and reconcilliation! Yeah baby! :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
but tell me. How can you hate something if you haven't actually gone through the process all the way? That's like judging a book by it's cover (even if they are chisel books) and that doesn't usually end well since that's not what is usually called an informed decision, but more along the lines of an emotional one. :)

You know this statment remindes me of when Iskandar first said that he was removing the grout recipe everybody went nuts befor he even released the update. Now here it is and though some still think it sucks and the balance need some tweaking i believe that most would agree that it works pretty good for a first try and that despite not being able to make grout it is still pretty easy to get what you need.

Edit: and to Pneumaticraft i agree its not my fav mod and a lot of other ppl would agree and Iskandar knows this but look at all the things he has done to alow you to by pass a lot of it. If you dont want to go through the whole mod then take the adventure path and go to the cities and you can bypass over half of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
PC is neat and all but it needs tons of refinement. Tooooooooooooooooooooooooons.

The laser/drill/crane/platform setups are one of the neatest multiblocks I've ever seen but that damn pressure chamber makes me want to pull all my hair out sometimes. Acid is meh; maybe add a machine/block you can put the acid in and then put pcbs in that. Sort of meh though. After the first 7 printed etching with acid is a thing of the past.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with your thought process is that you assume this is a modpack to learn other mods. It isn't. In AGSkies, you have no "wolves at the door". Here, the wolves have teeth, ak47's, jetpacks and someone peed in their wheaties that morning.
So thats what i was doing wrong?
My stubbornness has been the death of me again! :p
j/k, but i did learn everything i know about SFM and PC from this modpack :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
PC is neat and all but it needs tons of refinement. Tooooooooooooooooooooooooons.

The laser/drill/crane/platform setups are one of the neatest multiblocks I've ever seen but that damn pressure chamber makes me want to pull all my hair out sometimes. Acid is meh; maybe add a machine/block you can put the acid in and then put pcbs in that. Sort of meh though. After the first 7 printed etching with acid is a thing of the past.
what about the pressure chamber bugs you so much?

Once I had more than one input node and 3 or more speed upgrades at each one, I found it pretty satisfying to process stuff with the chamber.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just to do so. I feel I have a valid complaint with PC given my experiences with it. When I get to a certain point and enough of the pieces are active, the system goes wonky and 4 out 10 times probably the whole thing crashes. That's not a complaint against Iskandar.

On a seperate note, I'm thinking of adding a few of my favorite mods into the mix. Ones that I don't think would unbalance things... Flat Signs, obsidian pressure plates, hats, hat stands, infinibows,

I was wondering do you think Steve's Carts would unbalance things? The recipes are bloody expensive as it is. I also wouldn't mind translocators if nothing else for the crafting grid.

Morph would be fun if you disabled flying.

I don't know what do you think?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You know this statment remindes me of when Iskandar first said that he was removing the grout recipe everybody went nuts befor he even released the update. Now here it is and though some still think it sucks and the balance need some tweaking i believe that most would agree that it works pretty good for a first try and that despite not being able to make grout it is still pretty easy to get what you need.

Edit: and to Pneumaticraft i agree its not my fav mod and a lot of other ppl would agree and Iskandar knows this but look at all the things he has done to alow you to by pass a lot of it. If you dont want to go through the whole mod then take the adventure path and go to the cities and you can bypass over half of it.
Yeah, speaking from experience since I was part of that hate train before I even tried it. I learned right there that I was wrong, that I do so love the cities, that they are a nice distraction from PC and other things. All in ALL, it was an awesome example of a change that I hated, but I learned to accept it and move on.[DOUBLEPOST=1409550955][/DOUBLEPOST]
It kinda grew on me. Maybe all that acid?
don't drop it in any blotter. nothing good will come of it. You're all seeing monster clipping through walls and such... I think I found out why... :)

Reactions: cannajan

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just to do so. I feel I have a valid complaint with PC given my experiences with it. When I get to a certain point and enough of the pieces are active, the system goes wonky and 4 out 10 times probably the whole thing crashes. That's not a complaint against Iskandar.

On a seperate note, I'm thinking of adding a few of my favorite mods into the mix. Ones that I don't think would unbalance things... Flat Signs, obsidian pressure plates, hats, hat stands, infinibows,

I was wondering do you think Steve's Carts would unbalance things? The recipes are bloody expensive as it is. I also wouldn't mind translocators if nothing else for the crafting grid.

Morph would be fun if you disabled flying.

I don't know what do you think?
Morph, without flying, and there being no water, thus no squid, is pretty damn useless in my eyes. for some odd reason, lately whenever I've used morph, I take damage in 1 high spots with a bat or whatever. that discourages the small ability too which I do find quite usefull.

Steve's carts we were talking about a while back when 112 came out. Mostly for track layers, and yeah, ur right. everything's already pretty damn expensive, but I've since found the beauty of the glider so I don't have need for it anymore :)

Translocators is one of my favorite mods alongside enderstorage. having the ability to do, in one block, a decent provider system is awesome.

flat signs should be in pack. same with obsidian pressure plates. hats? no. just no. seeing creepers hanging out with a missile coming out of his head will just give me nightmares. infinibows. yeah, that should be in.

Magzie plays with power suits, so you got that.... :} Although, I think it would be a disadvantage since the main piece (chest) you'd have to swap out for camel pack, thus your flight (cept boots) is pretty much gone.

The stuff you mentioned, I don't think it'd unbalance the thing, but yeah, iskandar won't hear any complaints (nor should he) from anyone adding anything to packs.

I recently learned that there's a steve's factory (not sfm) that I've never tried so I need to look at all the mod's he's made. The guy cannot make a bad mod, so it must be pretty cool.

I'd like to add archimedes ships (I can fly an entire city building back to base to errr strip it down) :} and watch the pigs jump out as I fly around with it.

I want the pet creeper mod, or dartcraft for bane.

Logistic pipes. nuff said. and to get some magic, some ars magica ... tho it would be interesting to see those wizards running around with all the creepers. My preference is that over TC4. Especially since ars doesn't hog my machine. Blood magic too. I want to watch those mobs suffer my wrath for pissing me off one too many times.

MFFS. heheh just to really piss off those mobs. nyah nyah, can't get me can't get me BEEOOOOOOOOOOO what? my power went out, oh crap. RUN! *death screams and suffocation in dirt*[DOUBLEPOST=1409551905][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok well lets hear your theory
ummmm, yeah, if you didn't get the joke, then you didn't get the joke and I'm NOT explaining it here on a somewhat family friendly forum.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
what about the pressure chamber bugs you so much?

Once I had more than one input node and 3 or more speed upgrades at each one, I found it pretty satisfying to process stuff with the chamber.

It's just beyond wonky. It's a pain in the ass manually. Semi-automated, wonky. Only once it's large enough that you can have enough input/output to completely automate it's not a pain but it also looks a bit retarded at that point.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I have pushed through PC. I am up to the last two parts where I need to create machine upgrades (still don't have a brewery) and the kinetic compressor (more expensive than my car). What annoys me with it is having to micromanage so many things. Sitting there constantly watching it.
Creating alloys while trying to work out the magical number of dusts.
While trying to work out why a setup up of water->cobble->pyrotheum for my cobblegen turns the water and cobble into stone.
While making obsidian with lava instead of pyrotheum.
While constantly stocking the compressors.
While breaking and re-closing the pressure chamber.
All the while losing an hour+ of work because I forgot to check PCBs.

I'm not overly fussed about it now though. I liked how the quest line walked me through each step and aside from the pressure chamber and the loss of the PCBs it hasn't been that annoying. I was just super pissed that the 10 PCBs was where I was going to leave it last night. Losing them made me angry, I considered cheating them in but thought that wouldn't be a very good lesson. Even though it was an annoying mechanic, I didn't want to cheapen the experience. Thus I stayed up well past what I should have to make some more and finish off this nightmare questline.

Losing the PCBs and the finicky pressure chamber was just the last in a long line of annoyances though. The first was when I was finally building my smeltery and I had just enough to finish it off. I went to put compressed cobble into it and it wouldn't smelt. The controller was messing up the lava levels and I thought it was bugged. After about an hour of dis-assemble/re-assemble, close and re-load game etc etc. I realised cobble doesn't smelt and I had to use my leftover blocks. I place the blocks in and start smelting away.

I got my high oven up, while completing the quest to make doubles of things (grumble grumble) and then didn't have enough left over to make a tool forge...apparently one block of seared stone makes one seared brick...realising I needed to either head back to the city in the same armour or find a new one really ticked me off. Dealing with the pressure chamber and losing the PCBs after that was just the game giving me a giant middle finger and saying "F**K YOU HAHAHAHAHAHA".

It's not all doom and gloom though because now I can look forward to automating it all. I am into MFR which is one of the few mods I actually know in this pack (that and TE). I was even doing work on it in the Github when it got revamped last year. I just have to re-acquaint myself with some of the blocks and we are good to go.

First things first, find out why I have the laziest grinder in the history of grinders. You have power, you have mobs, why you sit there and idle grinder? WHY?!

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
First things first, find out why I have the laziest grinder in the history of grinders. You have power, you have mobs, why you sit there and idle grinder? WHY?!
Make sure your item output is at the back of the machine?

I accidentally do that. A lot. Fluid output and energy input can go anywhere, but item output has to go out the back. It's thrown me off so many times I've lost count.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure your item output is at the back of the machine?

I accidentally do that. A lot. Fluid output and energy input can go anywhere, but item output has to go out the back. It's thrown me off so many times I've lost count.

You can put the output anywhere aside from the face as far as I remember, I have mine on the side at the moment. The problem I was having was that I didn't have a separate fluid and item duct. I swear I used to have a pipe that did both when I last played. I guess that's why I forgot about it lol.

Public Service Announcement: Filing cabinets DO bug out and lose your items. Hopefully it's not 121 of your water like it was mine. I knew it was too good to be true. :(

Last edited: