[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so the morning after fighting off mini creepers, I go outside to find a massive freaking crater where the side of the ship was, with the lava What caused it? Did the ship's engine blow up or something? If so, that's destroyed my only source of lava.
It was Pyrotheum and you didn't gamerule mobGriefing false so it got angry and made a hole?:p

You can get lava later though through a crucible from ex nihilo.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I just done most of quests in this pack and I feel like it could be more. I know its a work in progress but I would suggest adding a late game "collect a ton of..." quest line. My suggestion looks like this:
Quest line: "Return home"
- "SOS Signal" - craft 10 beacons
- "Build a ship" - collect 1000 of each chisel blocks used in the ship (there is only like 6 types, so this is easy one)
- "HAL 9000" - collect 9000 basic cpus and 9000 advanced cpus
- "Not enough fuel" - collect 1000 drums full of pyrothium
- "Water for ages" - collect 10 aquos accumulators
- "Takeaway" - collect 10000 of each of 3 feasts

and maybe something more

Reactions: James K Doble

JoonaB

Jul 29, 2019
I've been reading this thread for quite a while so I first wanted to thank people who've posted for all the great idea's. Currently on my 8th attempt and I'm about halfway through the book now and no longer panicking, thanks to those idea's. :)

I finally decided to sign up and post because of a bug that has crashed my game. Luckily it hasn't corrupted my save, and I've been able to restart the game and create the bug several times now.

I was about to make a bunch of thermal expansion machines and needed plastic sheets for the machine frames, since I have so many pieces of plastic from an afternoon of pneumatic's I decided to use those to make the plastic sheets. Using the 2x2 inventory crafting grid, when I attempt to use the grey plastic from the burst plant seeds the server shuts down as soon as I as the last piece falls into place. I've tried it with all the other plastic I have available (fire, rain, lightning, propulsion, repulsion) but the only one that crashes the game is burst plant plastic.

The crash does not happen when I use a crafting table/station.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I've been reading this thread for quite a while so I first wanted to thank people who've posted for all the great idea's. Currently on my 8th attempt and I'm about halfway through the book now and no longer panicking, thanks to those idea's. :)

I finally decided to sign up and post because of a bug that has crashed my game. Luckily it hasn't corrupted my save, and I've been able to restart the game and create the bug several times now.

I was about to make a bunch of thermal expansion machines and needed plastic sheets for the machine frames, since I have so many pieces of plastic from an afternoon of pneumatic's I decided to use those to make the plastic sheets. Using the 2x2 inventory crafting grid, when I attempt to use the grey plastic from the burst plant seeds the server shuts down as soon as I as the last piece falls into place. I've tried it with all the other plastic I have available (fire, rain, lightning, propulsion, repulsion) but the only one that crashes the game is burst plant plastic.

The crash does not happen when I use a crafting table/station.

tnks for posting and this is a known bug and is being worked on

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hi. I just done most of quests in this pack and I feel like it could be more. I know its a work in progress but I would suggest adding a late game "collect a ton of..." quest line. My suggestion looks like this:
- "Build a ship" - collect 1000 of each chisel blocks used in the ship (there is only like 6 types, so this is easy one)

and maybe something more

No offense but I don't think things to that level of extreme add much to the map. They're just an exercise in automation for the sake of automating and simple automation at that. More story related things work out better along the lines of the ruins.

Reactions: cannajan

James K Doble

Jul 29, 2019

and maybe something more

I like this train of thought, I also thought something was missing like a return to space/home. To build a ship would be awesome. To load it and stock it with all you will need to go home. I hope the owner of the Mod pack does something along these lines with his own quest line.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
After realising that drastic work is required on the ship my character built a hanger warehouse with built-to-purpose crains to piece the ship back together.
Taking inspiration of blocks available in the city I built this in creative. This is my first ever creative build.
I used the chiseled glass as scaffolding as it looks better than the in game scaffolding items!
More details could be added but I think I have had my fun with this for now.
http://scottiec.imgur.com/all/
Yf07jju.png

If anyone wants the world download; please send me instructions how to share it!
I flew around the city for inspiration which has made the filesize large than it could have been too..

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

and maybe something more

Iskandar has already stated that he has no intentions of having hording quest but he has got plans for further quest as well as the endgame its just that he has needed to get everything in place first. Which is what 112 113 are for 112 was more of a proof of concept to see if he could get the landscape to work and it was a sucess. Now 113 is to clean up 112 and do bug fixes. As to the quest i dont know there may be some new quest but there is so much to do for 113 that i wouldent expect there to be many till after 113

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Gaming on Caffeine added galacticraft to the pack.
He went all roleplay and is using GC as his final hop to his next series i guess.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar has already stated that he has no intentions of having hording quest but he has got plans for further quest as well as the endgame its just that he has needed to get everything in place first. Which is what 112 113 are for 112 was more of a proof of concept to see if he could get the landscape to work and it was a sucess. Now 113 is to clean up 112 and do bug fixes. As to the quest i dont know there may be some new quest but there is so much to do for 113 that i wouldent expect there to be many till after 113

I will say this. Having not played some of the other custom packs before, and only having been exposed to Direwolf's mod pack... I found a few gaps in the quests. There's exceptionally large one. I had to go back to argrian skies to learn how to use ex nihlo and figure out the basic mechanics. There's no quests in this as there there to introduce you to this concept. That having been said. I realize that many will probably say "what?" or "well just go play argraian skies first".

That's fine and all. The gaps though... At the moment I'm on the quest, forgive me I don't have it in front of me, on the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards. This is right after the quest for pipes. I also did the pneumatic craft quests. Again I realize that some of this probably second nature to you but there seems to be something missing. There's a huge freaking canyon of steps between the previous quest and the printed pcb's. Not to mention... They are more than a small pain in the keister to make.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few quests in between to kind of point the way.

Reactions: AJ Plaze

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
- "Build a ship"
and maybe something more

I like this train of thought, I also thought something was missing like a return to space/home. To build a ship would be awesome. To load it and stock it with all you will need to go home. I hope the owner of the Mod pack does something along these lines with his own quest line.

This has already been planed its just that Iskandar is working on getting some costom blocks to use for this.
Here are some WIP pics of the ship first the ship a a whole 2014-08-31_21.39.05.png 2014-08-31_21.39.25.png 2014-08-31_21.39.47.png now what it looks like after the crash2014-08-31_21.40.51.png 2014-08-31_21.41.43.png after i get the new blocks i can finish the ship and get it ready for 114

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019

and maybe something more
Nah, I'm good thanks. It's already bad enough that the quests don't update with items you have picked up in the cities. Seriously considering HQM edit for the things I've grabbed. I'm up to the pnumaticraft stuff and I have no intention of making doubles and triples of things. I've done it legit so far with the items for the high oven but I'm pretty over it at the moment.

P.s: Pneumaticraft is probably my least favourite part of this mod. Losing 10 PCB because you forget to stand there and constantly watch them while they are etching is pretty BS. I make 10 more and then it says, "Nah you'd better make the parts for this factory line even though you busted your arse to loot them from the city".

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
This has already been planed its just that Iskandar is working on getting some costom blocks to use for this.
Here are some WIP pics of the ship first the ship a a whole View attachment 12707 View attachment 12708 View attachment 12709 now what it looks like after the crashView attachment 12710 View attachment 12711 after i get the new blocks i can finish the ship and get it ready for 114

wait? so he's going to increase the size of the spawn ship? or is most of it going to "fall apart" on entry? cause a bigger ship would be pimp

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I will say this. Having not played some of the other custom packs before, and only having been exposed to Direwolf's mod pack... I found a few gaps in the quests. There's exceptionally large one. I had to go back to argrian skies to learn how to use ex nihlo and figure out the basic mechanics. There's no quests in this as there there to introduce you to this concept. That having been said. I realize that many will probably say "what?" or "well just go play argraian skies first".

That's fine and all. The gaps though... At the moment I'm on the quest, forgive me I don't have it in front of me, on the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards. This is right after the quest for pipes. I also did the pneumatic craft quests. Again I realize that some of this probably second nature to you but there seems to be something missing. There's a huge freaking canyon of steps between the previous quest and the printed pcb's. Not to mention... They are more than a small pain in the keister to make.

First off Iskandar has stated that he desined this pack for player that have at least some knowledge of the mods or are willing to learn them first. 2nd the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards push you to look at other quest more specifically the PneumatiCraft quest line which will walk you through making the the quest that you have to get plastic sheets and printed pcb boards.
Plz dont take what i said as being rude but this is just the way this pack is ment to be.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

The problem with your thought process is that you assume this is a modpack to learn other mods. It isn't. In AGSkies, you have no "wolves at the door". Here, the wolves have teeth, ak47's, jetpacks and someone peed in their wheaties that morning. You don't have all the time in the world to "learn" a mod here. It's very clear, you need to hit the ground running. Going over some basics that are specific to this pack (i.e. the water from multiple sources, etc..) are important, since they ARE different setups than other packs, but yeah, that's it. The rest of the teach you stuff is for pneumaticraft, which isn't in alot of packs and yes, it does need to be learned, by some, here is where they would learn about it. So thus, there's an entire section on teaching you that mod. That probably confused you a bit thinking there were gaps, but as I stated already, this isn't a pack for people new to MC, new to modded MC or people unfamiliar with some of those core mods that are part of this pack. Going to agskies to learn nihilo is a very good idea. Take what you learn there, apply it here while under fire (or on fire in some cases). :)

Good luck

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
wait? so he's going to increase the size of the spawn ship? or is most of it going to "fall apart" on entry? cause a bigger ship would be pimp
Thoes are pics of the mother ship The Wanderlust not your little bitty shuttle. If you look close at the back you will see the suttle craft in the hanger.

Nah, I'm good thanks. It's already bad enough that the quests don't update with items you have picked up in the cities. Seriously considering HQM edit for the things I've grabbed. I'm up to the pnumaticraft stuff and I have no intention of making doubles and triples of things. I've done it legit so far with the items for the high oven but I'm pretty over it at the moment.

P.s: Pneumaticraft is probably my least favourite part of this mod. Losing 10 PCB because you forget to stand there and constantly watch them while they are etching is pretty BS. I make 10 more and then it says, "Nah you'd better make the parts for this factory line even though you busted your arse to loot them from the city".

The Pneumaticraft quest are broken from the 112 update and will be fixed in 113 so till then go ahead and use HQM edit to fix for now

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Here are some WIP pics of the ship first the ship a a whole View attachment 12707 View attachment 12708 View attachment 12709 now what it looks like after the crashView attachment 12710 View attachment 12711 after i get the new blocks i can finish the ship and get it ready for 114
I think the ship should look like the planet express ship. seriously. find bender in the sand repeating bite my shiny or something. made out of platinum. I will totally shack up with neela in my little shack any day.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
this wont work if you have heavy lag when you die cause you will get stuck in a fake void and ether die or crash your game and corrupt your save View attachment 12704 @PODonnell and @DoomSquirter have both confermed that this can happen. Now yor PC does have a lot to do with this if you have a low end PC like me then this will happen a lot but if you have a better PC like Doom then this is less likley to happen but still posible so why take the chance of loseing all your hard work.
I've been packing boxes all day in RL so alot of time to let mind wander (getting it to come back is usually the hardest). Had time to think this whole thing out....

I think no matter HOW awesome your machine is, you'll hit a spot where this is always possible w/o chunk loader. My reasoning:
1) You cannot tell MC to use all of your memory due to limit with java. Giving it more than 3.5 gigs means you're going to have a bad time.
2) As soon as that chunk is unloaded from memory, the problem WILL surface eventually. The testing was so iffy because getting it to do just that is harder to replicate.
3) When I 'spawned' into the world, I had spawned a good 12-14 blocks underneath the shell which is already 2 blocks above the dust. Thus, you POSSIBLY could avoid this issue altogether but you'd have to build up about 15-17 blocks up above dust. The problem with that? I had times where I spawned, but world still loading (using chunk loader) and I started phasing downwards somewhat slowly. I hit void at one point, but as soon as things loaded, I bounced back into sync chamber. Sorta like going to nether for first time with natura and all the other goodies doing world gen as you wait. watch your Y level as that happens and yeah, you can hit void too, but then you appear in portal. same thing. Without chunk loader, it's very possible you'd continue to go down and down and maybe suffocate along the way. no way to tell.

The only solution is to have it chunk loaded, either via a real chunk loader, or, if spawn was really set at ship, that would probably solve the problem as well. Problem is there are some aspects that do require a chunk loader that have nothing to do with this (AE and TE for starts) that require everything being chunkloaded at all times. With that, I think the only real solution is the chunk loader. It covers all the bases. and you know, all your bases belong to us.