[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I found moats to be unproductive. It's hard to hit mobs from the outside, and when I go out to cull creepers in the morning it's better when they are spread out. A bit more walking to collect the bones and rotten flesh perhaps, but that's good enough at the beginning and later on I can just build the trap I talked about a couple of pages ago (short version - arrange to be able to hit them in the legs through a half-block gap).

That's because you didn't put 1x1x3 pits at the corners/ends of your moat.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
This is the most infuriating thing ever. I really hope a solution can be found for this. Since it seems unlikely that a solution will be found, can you use SFM to turn the spawner on/off? That's the biggest issue for me. I have a signal bus set up with a switch that lets me turn the auto-spawner on and off (like Landstyder used, it's awesome), but sometimes the lever connector gets blown off the wall by the creeper seeds (along with some conveyor belts). SOOOOOO frustrating! hehe
Yeah I had issues with Creeper Seeds blowing up Conveyer Belts and cables on my grinder too.

Then I remembered the Grinder covered a 5x5 area so I put it in a position where cabling is all protected properly and had the mobs all funneled into a pit so Creeper Seeds don't blow up the conveyer belts.

Could use a bigger pit, but it works well enough for what I need.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
is
That's because you didn't put 1x1x3 pits at the corners/ends of your moat.

that x, y, z, or x, z, y (in mc terms)?

And, if its x, z, y, does that mean the pit is effectively 5 deep compared to the surface (Assuming the trench itself is 2 deep).

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I had issues with Creeper Seeds blowing up Conveyer Belts and cables on my grinder too.

Then I remembered the Grinder covered a 5x5 area so I put it in a position where cabling is all protected properly and had the mobs all funneled into a pit so Creeper Seeds don't blow up the conveyer belts.

See, that's the thing...ALL my cabling is covered by 1 full block of blast resistant material and they STILL get blown up all the time. Conveyor Belts and the Signal Bus aren't (but I actually think I could cover the Signal Bus, I'll have to try that), but yeah, they still get blown up by the damn creeper seeds...sigh...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a good resource pack (HD if possible) that is compatible with or has compatibility patches for CL? I tried installing Soartex, but even my relatively good comp couldn't handle the combo of 98 mods and 64 * 64 (or however large) textures from Soartex. :p

See, that's the thing...ALL my cabling is covered by 1 full block of blast resistant material and they STILL get blown up all the time. Conveyor Belts and the Signal Bus aren't (but I actually think I could cover the Signal Bus, I'll have to try that), but yeah, they still get blown up by the damn creeper seeds...sigh...
I think that's because explosions permeate through walls. Explosion resistant blocks won't get blown up, but anything behind will anyway. It was tested with Nukes and Obsidian bunkers on forgecraft once, in one of the "blow up the world" episodes.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ME Matter Cannon is where its at. Probably around the same damage with lead nuggets, I can't tell, but the projectiles fly faster (instantly?), and I currently have around 6000 rounds before I have to reload. (Bit of a mislead there, I'll likely have to recharge the thing after just a few thousand rounds)

Edit: I also killed pigman vampire with the thing. It took several hundred rounds, and at one point I was pelting him so fast he was stuck in the air while I fired straight up. But he died.[DOUBLEPOST=1409316862][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pahimar at least (finally) added a tiny extension out front. But yeah, bugs me too that they're happy with their microbase with mobs crawling all over it,.
Ok, I think that's the way I have to go then. Anything that kills zombie pigmen gets an A++ in my book. Those guys scare the bejeezus out of me. I felt like Ash from evil dead saying "Why can't you just DIE!?!?!?!" and yeah, no chainsaw. :(

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I've been able to prevent conduits and ducts from being blown off my grinder by making the kill room a 5x5, with two water source blocks on the harvesters side pushing mobs to the far end of the kill zone (the grinder has a 5x5 range). Unless the item output gets jammed up and the grinder stops, this prevents creepers from being close enough for the seed-death-explosions to knock things off.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
EDIT: Also, why does everybody keep double posting??? Can't you see the "double post merged" thing? XD Use the edit button! If you can't figure out how to quote someone in an edit, here's how:
So, you've made your post, but you want to edit it with a new quote.
Hit reply on the post you want to quote, and the quote will appear in the previously empty "Write your reply" box. Cut or copy this, then open the edit window on your post. Paste it. WHAM! Quote in an edit! Now preeze stahp BUGGING me with your silly DOUBLEPOSTSXD

If I have more thoughts, and edit a post, people don't get notifications that I have super-important things to share.

Sometimes this is preferable to me, sometimes it isn't. When its preferable, its critically important to me that I bug people with my double posts.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

Actually, one thing that helps is to use that precision hammer. Hold it, see the area. Notice that you're thinking in two dimensions. it's not 5x5, it's 5x5x3-4 (can't recall exactly how many vertical spots it covers). But, the key part is that the Y axis coverage starts one block below the grinder, meaning you can put it up one high above the ground that it's covering and it fully covers the entire area and then some. This is very important. It may also be why my setups have never resulted in a grinder being destroyed. Just fluiducts.

Not at first, but my ultimate grinder setup utilizes drawbridges that roll out cursed earth (I did figure this out for myself, but then saw a vid or two doing this as well). I have a large room that has 4 5x5 areas with 4 grinders with one row of blocks going down the middle, and then a MFR spawner in the middle. I use rednet cabling to control that spawner on/off, and it's usually one or the other. I extend the drawbridges, allow cursed earth to make a ton of mob essence which gets put into a bunch of tanks, then when I want to use spawner, it drains the tank, then I flip switch to recharge tanks again, etc... It's a perfect setup as far as I'm concerned. In 111, I had that plus about 4-5 other cursed earth mini 5x5 rooms in apartment row right next to other setup which would collect me everything I needed to run my base through reactant dynamo.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Should have been clearer with my post: My grinder is completely outside of the mob trap.

The mob trap itself is perfectly sealed to ensure explosions don't bleed through corners. That was my problem with it initially. The only thing I can say is that if you have cables and wiring still getting blown up by Creeper Seeds, you have them far too close to the collection point.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of grinders, this is a good pack to not do the same mob trap you've done in other packs. Unlike Agrarian Skies you've got a perfectly flat spawning surface built into the world and mob AI that will cause them to come right to you.

Solution? Put the mob grinder under your base.

Conveyor belts pulling mobs into the kill range of 4 MFR grinders concealed within the base of the support pillar. Those grinders are in a cross with a tesseract in the middle.
ui0JamM.jpg
My main workshop dome is above the grinders, insuring that the mob AI brings me plenty of mobs.
2x9PiG1.jpg

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I know people have been mentioning that the creeper seeds blow out the conveyor belts but do they do that to both types of conveyor belts?

AyVaZzZ4o0

Jul 29, 2019
Please make and or find an alternative method for the Smeltery, High Oven and Pneumaticraft stuff because some people LIKE ME don't have a monster of a computer and are playing in linux just to have lower ram usage and be able to even run the modpack im having enough fps issues (even with optifine) by even runing the game and when thoose overpowered zombie pigmen and all other mobs start spawning im pretty much always dead never lived up the city even with the pillar up tactics to run out of fight..i saw a comment where it would be smaller cityes but it doesn't matter there must be harder SAFER way to get thoose items (maybe much more resource intensive but i just wan't to have a block stuff it with items and wait maybe 10 weeks but have my items that i CANNOT GET) ...im sorry i don't want' to be rude but it's just so much frustrating when something forces you to do in a way you don't wan't to do things...maybe make a smaller city where only there are no chests but only smeltery and or high oven or somehow move the small buildings out of the center of the city and move around the edges ?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Generikb has episode 2 up!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=i1HQCW6LN-w

This is a complete spoiler on the episode open at own risk....

he dies to thirst..... Looks like GB didn't do ANY research and I was laughing so hard all the time cause he could have done the drinking mud quest

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2