[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with the ingot quest I just made 5 lead ingots using the crucible but it's not registering in the quest?
Is this a thing that hapens or just a me thing?

Pandathaway

Jul 29, 2019
so i'm a bit lost with HQM in this mod we just added a new party member in HQM but he can't get and past items nor can do the quest him self now.....ideas?

Hexalan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some mob that still destroys blocks with mob griefing turned off? I've had 2 grinders (and sometimes just the fluid duct) disappear now from my mob farm and they aren't the easiest thing to make at this point in game. I do hear the occasional explosion inside the farm, is it possible there is some type of creeper that can destroy the blocks? I've never seen any other damage to the room (made of cobble), just the grinder block or sometimes the fluid duct connected to the bottom of it. It's not a drop farm, I'm just using conveyer belts to pull mobs to it from the trench around my base... loads of mob juice!

Pandathaway

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some mob that still destroys blocks with mob griefing turned off? I've had 2 grinders (and sometimes just the fluid duct) disappear now from my mob farm and they aren't the easiest thing to make at this point in game. I do hear the occasional explosion inside the farm, is it possible there is some type of creeper that can destroy the blocks? I've never seen any other damage to the room (made of cobble), just the grinder block or sometimes the fluid duct connected to the bottom of it. It's not a drop farm, I'm just using conveyer belts to pull mobs to it from the trench around my base... loads of mob juice!
thief mobs do i think...i have had the same problem its the only thing i could think of

shalzi

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to make a soulsond generator without useing a autonomous activator or a vacuum hopper?

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to make a soulsond generator without useing a autonomous activator or a vacuum hopper?
Hopper on top of a barrel with water being pumped into, mycellium nearby, itemducts beneath pulling out. Basically, put sand in the hopper, water is turned into witchwater by the mycellium. Once it's turned into witchwater, the hopper will input the sand and turn it into soul sand, which is then pulled out by the itemduct

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
That is caused by Creeper plant seeds its a weird bug that cant be fixed but you can use SFM to move items and liquid from the grinder and the cables wont be afected by the seeds

Cuddles

Jul 29, 2019
hey, just a quick heads up,
I figured out how to get unlimited water for free.
*sorry*

By then I had a water generation process, but this could be used earlier on if you're lucky.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
that's a wild idea. Make a huge conveyer going around the entire thing, move one of the chairs next to the opening, and it's like an old shooting gallery allowing you to take pot shots as they pass a limited view point... hehe

What shane said. It's those furry little seeds from the creepers. They tend to explode at weird intervals when creepers die sometimes. I've never lost a grinder to them, just itemducts. I had a mob spawn room (with cursed earth / mob spawner (using a MFR spawner w/safari net) that kept on destroying the fluiduct above the spawner but nothing else. The only things that are immune are SFM and EnderIO (not in this pack but @Landstryder did an awesome job of setting up some configs back a few pages to add). I hope iskandar adds it since I learned alot from his vid that I didn't know about it. Such as the alloy smelter doing 3 things at once, thus tripling speed of output for any normal furnace thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1409291454][/DOUBLEPOST]
hey, just a quick heads up,
I figured out how to get unlimited water for free.
*SNIP*
By then I had a water generation process, but this could be used earlier on if you're lucky.
and this is the exploit that I thought worth NOT mentioning but sent to iskandar last week. *sigh* nobody understands that you shouldn't post exploits, but instead send to pack maker.

Reactions: Shane2482

Hexalan

Jul 29, 2019
that's a wild idea. Make a huge conveyer going around the entire thing, move one of the chairs next to the opening, and it's like an old shooting gallery allowing you to take pot shots as they pass a limited view point... hehe

What shane said. It's those furry little seeds from the creepers. They tend to explode at weird intervals when creepers die sometimes. I've never lost a grinder to them, just itemducts. I had a mob spawn room (with cursed earth / mob spawner (using a MFR spawner w/safari net) that kept on destroying the fluiduct above the spawner but nothing else. The only things that are immune are SFM and EnderIO (not in this pack but @Landstryder did an awesome job of setting up some configs back a few pages to add). I hope iskandar adds it since I learned alot from his vid that I didn't know about it. Such as the alloy smelter doing 3 things at once, thus tripling speed of output for any normal furnace thing.

Thanks for the quick replies. SFM is new to me and I haven't tried anything with it yet, it does look pretty interesting though. Now that water is under control maybe I can play around with it. I've moved the grinder back a row so it's not part of the wall anymore, see if that works. I loose a row in the room, but I don't think it will matter. That room is so packed with mobs at night that the grinder can't keep up anyway.

Lol, I have played shooting gallery at times with this set up! Got the gun, why not have some fun! :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Can a Small Spider fit inside a half-slab hole? I was completely underground with only half-slabs holes open. The entire area (upstairs and downstairs) was lit by glowstone nooks. I was farming and went to get food and got assaulted by a Small Spider. I killed i but it apparently aggro-d a creeper through a wall? which exploded. Cue me starving with creepers flooding in. :p I wasn't aware that they could so I guess I'll have to adjust my strategy for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1409279617][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have a crucible I personally like copper...If you need to you can use bone or flint if you need it really early on, or you can make a normal Minecraft bow.

I did not know those spiders could get through half slabs. That's a new one on me.

But, lemme ask everyone. Why does everyone, including DW20/Pahimar, insist on keeping those budweiser frog wannabe zombies near the ship after the first couple of days? I'm out for 3 days from start, each day, widening a perimeter that extends enough that I don't HEAR them anymore after the third. Yes, I don't light it all up, but there's those monsters that are inside my internal perimeter, but there's a crap ton of creatures OUTSIDE that I don't have to worry about at all. It seems to do the same thing as what everyone does, they can build their fortifications like they always do, but I push a wall around that's like 20+ radius from ship in all directions, thus keeping them mostly out of my LOS and aggro distance. Again, it takes me ~3 days, sometimes 4 if I'm slow to do, but it's worth it. I've got so much breathing room, I can do anything I want and I advance so quickly after that since my morning run around perimeter is like an hour of each day picking up goodies and capping the DAM (dumb ass mobs). I think that should be in everyone's repertoire since I think newbs aren't doing that, watching dw20, thinking a tiny little cramped area is good to start with and then wondering why they die.[DOUBLEPOST=1409293354][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the quick replies. SFM is new to me and I haven't tried anything with it yet, it does look pretty interesting though. Now that water is under control maybe I can play around with it. I've moved the grinder back a row so it's not part of the wall anymore, see if that works. I loose a row in the room, but I don't think it will matter. That room is so packed with mobs at night that the grinder can't keep up anyway.

Lol, I have played shooting gallery at times with this set up! Got the gun, why not have some fun! :)

It's fun watching zombies on a conveyor belt going away from you as they try going towards you. I start shouting "DO THE MICHAEL JACKSON DOOOOO THE MICHAEL JACKSON!" they do look like extras on thriller anyways.....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Note to self, do not engage in a staring contest with an ender creeper.........

Thats shell 4 down the drain.
the funny thing is that was what me and my old cat used to do. Look at it, it'd stare back, look away, look back, it's much closer and going to kill you. that cat was so awesome at red light green light.

I hear ya tho. I scanned the horizon from my perch the other day and heard that grrrrrrrrrrrr sound and was like so what, then suddenly poof I'm falling and landed dead in the middle of my farm. damnit. had to fix that landing spot where I landed and use the mattock on it too. insult to injury. I spent the next 2 mc days/nights killing every enderman I saw. racked up so many pearls that I realized. revenge is best served at whatever the hell temperature you want, just ensure they are all dead.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Siloxis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks,

i have a big problem.
I quested through the entire questbook that is available for me (Part 1 93%, Part 2 80%, Part 3: 0% -locked-, Part 4: ?% 1 Quest finished)
As you can see Part 3 is missing for me, i saw in an older answer that there is a "secret" quest that opens if i build all the Machines that i need to finish "under pressure".
Yesterday i "repeated" the quests because Part 3 of my Questbook is not unlocked. But i cant find a way to unlock this missing Part.

Anyone can tell me (or PM me if you dont want to spoil others), what i have exactly to do/build/find to get the quests?
I know in Part 2 (Under Pressure) there have to be a quest right of the Starting Quest with the Image of a "Assembly"-Part. But im missing it...

I would highly appreciate to get help...

Greetings, and thanks for this really great Modpack to the dev!

Siloxis

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hey folks,

i have a big problem.
I quested through the entire questbook that is available for me (Part 1 93%, Part 2 80%, Part 3: 0% -locked-, Part 4: ?% 1 Quest finished)
As you can see Part 3 is missing for me, i saw in an older answer that there is a "secret" quest that opens if i build all the Machines that i need to finish "under pressure".
Yesterday i "repeated" the quests because Part 3 of my Questbook is not unlocked. But i cant find a way to unlock this missing Part.

Anyone can tell me (or PM me if you dont want to spoil others), what i have exactly to do/build/find to get the quests?
I know in Part 2 (Under Pressure) there have to be a quest right of the Starting Quest with the Image of a "Assembly"-Part. But im missing it...

I would highly appreciate to get help...

Greetings, and thanks for this really great Modpack to the dev!

Siloxis
no spoilage. It's a known secret that you have to build by hand 5 pcbs to unlock the one secret quest. I think that's what you're missing.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Oh noes,...
i read something about 3, and built 4, damnit :D
Thank you very much!
In 113, it'll be 500 I'm sure. :) TBH, I haven't gotten there yet this playthrough, but I said the same thing a week ago and nobody corrected me, so ... grain of salt. Just be sure to buy the CTD DLC./s :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Lol yeah, though I'll admit I've seen supply problems early to mid game if I choose to build with wood rather than stone.
Tell me about it! I'm still going at this with the whole 'no cobblegen' thing. Yeahhhhhhhhhh I have to spend a lot of time lumberjacking. Dust is abundant but there's this whole gravity thing. I'm thinking I might try to tackle one city building for some glass.