[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I realized something so useful the other day and so obvious, that I'm amazed I've been playing AS/CL for so long and only just now realized it. Why use charcoal/wood for furnaces. These take effort to farm/supply/replenish. Why not use LAVA! That's right, vanilla mechanics, you can run your vanilla furnaces with a bucket of lava for a VERY long time. Brilliant!

Reactions: Genshou

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I realized something so useful the other day and so obvious, that I'm amazed I've been playing AS/CL for so long and only just now realized it. Why use charcoal/wood for furnaces. These take effort to farm/supply/replenish. Why not use LAVA! That's right, vanilla mechanics, you can run your vanilla furnaces with a bucket of lava for a VERY long time. Brilliant!
Yea lava can smelt exactly 100 items

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
With AS and Cl maps you can also automate lava smelting by piping lava into a transposer, using that transposer to fill buckets, pipe them into furnaces and pipe empties back to the transposer.You'll need to power the transposer, but a survivalist generator is really not a problem.

artik15

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, my game has crashed and minecraft can't read my world again (it is not on the list of worlds but save have all files). I put ender generator near shell constructor and above this ender generator I had leadstone energy conduit. There is crash report http://pastebin.com/HJ765cTR . Please help. I was so far in this world (almost beat the modpack)

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Really? No mention of how GenerikB started an LP of this today? I'm pretty psyched. Love that guy. I'm personally at the point where I'm not on the edge of disaster half the time but I seriously appreciate all the different approaches these LPers have.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Really? No mention of how GenerikB started an LP of this today? I'm pretty psyched. Love that guy. I'm personally at the point where I'm not on the edge of disaster half the time but I seriously appreciate all the different approaches these LPers have.

He started it yesterday.... And it was mentioned;)

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LostBMe

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, my game has crashed and minecraft can't read my world again (it is not on the list of worlds but save have all files). I put ender generator near shell constructor and above this ender generator I had leadstone energy conduit. There is crash report http://pastebin.com/HJ765cTR . Please help. I was so far in this world (almost beat the modpack)

Maybe use MCEdit to remove the last thing you placed and see if that helps

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Maybe use MCEdit to remove the last thing you placed and see if that helps
yeah, that never works when it doesn't show up in the play list. level.dat is corrupted. To restore, you'll lose all of your inventory and perhaps progress in quests tho that I don't think is the case. copy/save out your world folder to another directory, create a new world, exit, save that to a new directory, move back old save, and then copy the level.dat from new world. when you start, your base should be intact, but everything in inventory gone. Search around (google) for more exact directions on how to do this. it's a last ditch effort. Use aromabackup to prevent this from happening in future.

Reactions: Shane2482

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, that never works when it doesn't show up in the play list. level.dat is corrupted. To restore, you'll lose all of your inventory and perhaps progress in quests tho that I don't think is the case. copy/save out your world folder to another directory, create a new world, exit, save that to a new directory, move back old save, and then copy the level.dat from new world. when you start, your base should be intact, but everything in inventory gone. Search around (google) for more exact directions on how to do this. it's a last ditch effort. Use aromabackup to prevent this from happening in future.
stuff like this is the reason i think aroma back up should be in this pack

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You can already do that, sort of. When the constructor is out of power, it's just stuck on whatever progress it had. You can initiate the forming of a shell without any power, and the constructor will just stay at 0% until you give it power. The only change necessary is to insert into the mod an exception for hardcore multiplayer to unban the user once their shell has been completed.
True enough. :p
Yea lava can smelt exactly 100 items
There's no way that's right... (looking it up) Huh. It is right. I guess it always seemed like more to me because I tend not to smelt stuff in more than ~16 item increments. Don't use it 'till you need it. :)
It's still pretty efficient, esp. seeing as you're not wasting (char)coal (blocks), and you can just leave it in there while you find stuff to smelt.

shoes6699

Jul 29, 2019
@lskandar
I'm having trouble with the pack, I start it and activate the quest mod, but then I try and use the wrench to go the Fluid Transposers and the wrench wont work, Not sure if im doing it wrong or its a bug or something. Please help

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I never build for aesthetics. Even Dw20's cobblestone 9x9's are fancier than what I build. I used to be really good at decoration and aesthetics before modded minecraft, but once I got into modding, all that went out the door.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with the pack, I start it and activate the quest mod, but then I try and use the wrench to go the Fluid Transposers and the wrench wont work, Not sure if im doing it wrong or its a bug or something. Please help
Are you shift right clicking? :)
If that's not the issue, idk what it is.

Also, on the note of ranged weaponry:
Did anybody else have the idea to make a TiCo bow early game?
I once heard mDiyo say that no matter how powerful your diamond sword is, your bow will always be better.
Perhaps not always, but you get the idea.
All it takes to actually make a functional bow (minus the tinker's tables) is 3 sticks, some string (you know, from the huge spiders outside your door every morning?), a feather (or leaves or slime, they all work), and 2 bone meal (don't use a bone; using bone meal is more efficient. Every time.).
Use three string to make a bowstring, then two of the three sticks as tool rods to make a bow. I named mine the PoopBow.
Then, use two bone meal to make an arrow head. Use the feather to make a fletch, combine with a stick and bam! Four arrows and a high-ish damage bow. The arrows can even be retrieved after you hit an enemy with them, at least if that hasn't been nerfed.
Presto! More damage than the needle gun (if Ig tweaks isn't lying), retrievable ammo, you can easily make more ammo, esp. if you get more feathers from some of the mobs. I think I got mine from a skeleton...? And it's super easy to repair.

Now, I haven't tested mine, but I think it will work pretty well.

Ah, I never build for aesthetics. Even Dw20's cobblestone 9x9's are fancier than what I build. I used to be really good at decoration and aesthetics before modded minecraft, but once I got into modding, all that went out the door.
I want to know how that's possible. I don't believe you. (Holes in the ground are fancier, for the record)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
stuff like this is the reason i think aroma back up should be in this pack
Every pack. Of all the packs, this one seems to me to be the least world crashing pack I've played. Even vanilla can get onerous sometime. The only crashes I've had were from pneumaticraft tho. but yeah, I think since aroma is such a brain dead simple thing to add, no id's, the config out of box works perfectly fine, and can be tweaked for non cheater types to at least have a safe backup to restore to that is saved at the start and end of each session. It should be a staple that's included everywhere. If you never need it, great. have the willpower to not use it, but that ONE time it does save your world from a bug, yeah, it's worth it's weight in gold.

I really wish minecraft wasn't like this but it is. It's my biggest gripe about MC in general. To me, this kind of stuff should never ever happen. ever. Borderlands is a good example. It's one save, and you don't ever get a chance to save the game manually really iirc. I've never had a corruption. Skyrim is a good example too. I have played with a jazillion mods, had ctd's, the works, but I've never corrupted a save unless I deleted a mod or something. MC should just exit w/o trying to save anything. I don't see the reason why it does what it does. It should default to lose work, but no corruption, not hail mary and see if this works ZOINKS.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
as far as tico bow goes, yeah, with iguana tweaks, it sucks that you can't add enhancements to your arrows. They become super deadly when you do that. But, I don't know if you can actually do that with tweaks since you'd have to gain experience and I think the bow is what gets experience, not the arrows, unless you walk around stabby stabby with the individual arrows. take that creeper *stab stab* and that *stab stab* and that......

after mdiyo fixed the draw bug on the bow, yeah, it's my usual goto for range. In CL I am lazy and continue to use the needle gun, but yeah, you're right. I should make one.

shoes6699

Jul 29, 2019
Are you shift right clicking? :)
If that's not the issue, idk what it is.

Also, on the note of ranged weaponry:
Did anybody else have the idea to make a TiCo bow early game?
I once heard mDiyo say that no matter how powerful your diamond sword is, your bow will always be better.
Perhaps not always, but you get the idea.
All it takes to actually make a functional bow (minus the tinker's tables) is 3 sticks, some string (you know, from the huge spiders outside your door every morning?), a feather (or leaves or slime, they all work), and 2 bone meal (don't use a bone; using bone meal is more efficient. Every time.).
Use three string to make a bowstring, then two of the three sticks as tool rods to make a bow. I named mine the PoopBow.
Then, use two bone meal to make an arrow head. Use the feather to make a fletch, combine with a stick and bam! Four arrows and a high-ish damage bow. The arrows can even be retrieved after you hit an enemy with them, at least if that hasn't been nerfed.
Presto! More damage than the needle gun (if Ig tweaks isn't lying), retrievable ammo, you can easily make more ammo, esp. if you get more feathers from some of the mobs. I think I got mine from a skeleton...? And it's super easy to repair.

Now, I haven't tested mine, but I think it will work pretty well.

I want to know how that's possible. I don't believe you. (Holes in the ground are fancier, for the record)

and your right thanks