[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Im just gonna put this here as ive seen people moaning about it and cant see anyone giving the solution. If you want hardcore mode off just go into your configs and find the lockdown config and turn back on the difficulty select but nothing else. You should then be able to select non hardcore and gen a world in CL. Give yourself some lives and job done. Hope it helps someone.

Reactions: Genshou

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
The key is to make a hole in the place where you want the water to end, right before where the cobblestone is supposed to form, then place the water, then place the lava. Water will fall into the hole and not advance. I know for sure that the node works when the cobble is bordered by a flowing water block and lava source block (having stuck a node on the aforementioned Mentat setup). I haven't tried with flowing lava, but it should work since flowing water does.

I use this little setup to generate cobble and gravel in early game. (The water flows straight down, the cobble stone is generated by the lava trying to flow to the next block.)
pvpUpkB.png

3hI2zB2.png

Reactions: BMB78

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Laser Drill will pull up nether quartz. There is a work-around for the dye recipe---agrarian skies had same issue---I'm trying to remember what it was.

Once you setup your reactor don't reprocess any of your cyanite, you'll need a ton of it for a turbine later on if you end up wanting one. My turbine is done---except for 80 blades, which will need 80 cyanite, which will take months in singleplayer.

Soooo...the water situation. I've never played with BR before, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand from several youtube videos explaining the mod, the smallest sized reactor with a very small turbine takes an insane amount of water to keep running.

How much water are you producing, how are you producing said water, and how much do you expect to use to keep the turbine running? And finally, at the end of the day, is the turbine REALLY that much better? All the videos I saw were like 1/4th again as much power (like, for instance 1500RF/t vs 2000RF/t), and while that is certainly a great improvement, in a pack like CL where water is precious (even when you have a lot), is it really worth it?

Again, I am not trying to be contrary, I know very little about the mod, and would love some input from someone who knows it better. Thanks :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo...the water situation. I've never played with BR before, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand from several youtube videos explaining the mod, the smallest sized reactor with a very small turbine takes an insane amount of water to keep running.

How much water are you producing, how are you producing said water, and how much do you expect to use to keep the turbine running? And finally, at the end of the day, is the turbine REALLY that much better? All the videos I saw were like 1/4th again as much power (like, for instance 1500RF/t vs 2000RF/t), and while that is certainly a great improvement, in a pack like CL where water is precious (even when you have a lot), is it really worth it?

Again, I am not trying to be contrary, I know very little about the mod, and would love some input from someone who knows it better. Thanks :)

you can creat a closed system where the water output from the turbine goes back into the reactor to be recyled that way you only need water to startup the system then its self substaining

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

No additional water needed, it's a closed system. Steam gets generated, fed into the turbine and goes back as water into the reactor. You only need a few buckets to get the system started.

And the power increase is significant. A 7x4x7 reactor with 3x3 rods can produce enough steam to create 60k-65k RF. Without the turbines it would produce around 9-10k RF?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
There are two ideas that occurred to me, although they may be totally unbalanced/just bad. The first is just something which, off the top of my head, I think Iskandar should know, and I'm also curious if he knew it already. (Should I tag him in this post, or will he just see it? Idk if that's proper "etiquette"...)

Basically, there is a config option for Sync that allows you to change the amount of damage taken from beginning a shell construction (in half hearts, in case you didn't know). When I play with Sync, I always set the amount of damage to 19 - that way I have a half heart left any time I make a new shell. :D
One thing to take into consideration, though, is that most people don't know about this feature, so if you do change it, don't make it 19 - if you're missing even a half heart, you'll die. Permanently, because you didn't have the time to make a new shell. :p

The other, and more significant thing I thought of (although this does not exist yet, as far as I know, you may be able to ask iChun about it; I think this idea is good) is to somehow allow the "revival" of players, mainly in multiplayer (of which I do a ton, and therefore have interest in).

Here's the idea: Allow the extraction of DNA (or whatever) from a player to put in a shell constructor.
Here's the reason: Let's say I'm playing with one other person on easy mode. We both die once, using up the first shell. In order that at least one of us can survive if they die, we divert power from the extra energy cell to the other, so we have enough energy for one more shell. Let's say that I complete that shell. We are now out of energy. Then, my friend dies - and he's gone (It's unimportant whether I die at this point, as long as I have enough lives to go on). So, I'm sad.
But let's say that I also actually survive long enough to get an alright-ish house/fort going, and even some power for the now defunct leadstone energy cells we got. I want my friend back - I have enough power to make a new shell for him - but he's dead and gone, so there is now no way for him to come back without just unbanning him and having him make a shell (remember, this is MP), which is cheating and not fun.
Here's why the reason fits the idea: If I have a DNA sample from my friend, even though he is dead and banned, I can bring him back by inserting his DNA sample (if we had this idea-mod-thing, I would have collected one right after we both died the first time) into a shell constructor, thus unbanning/bringing him back without breaking the roleplay.

From the rest of you who are not Iskandar, please tell me why this is unbalanced (I'm sure it is in some way!), but most importantly, if you like this, tell me why and give it support. :D

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
you can creat a closed system where the water output from the turbine goes back into the reactor to be recyled that way you only need water to startup the system then its self substaining

No additional water needed, it's a closed system. Steam gets generated, fed into the turbine and goes back as water into the reactor. You only need a few buckets to get the system started.

And the power increase is significant. A 7x4x7 reactor with 3x3 rods can produce enough steam to create 60k-65k RF. Without the turbines it would produce around 9-10k RF?

Like I said, I am 100% new to the mod (haven't even started working on it yet in CL), so all my info was from Mod Spotlights and Let's Plays. And everything I saw there was quite contrary to what you're saying here. Not that I don't believe you, just stating my research into the matter for clarity's sake. Every video I've seen has show multiple aqueous accumulators in conjunction with water recycling and what not. So yeah, the Let's Plays and Mod Spotlights don't do the mod justice, it seems. But it's good to know this isn't the case. I'll have to hollow out a MUCH bigger room downstairs for the added turbine! :D

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
There are two ideas that occurred to me, although they may be totally unbalanced/just bad. The first is just something which, off the top of my head, I think Iskandar should know, and I'm also curious if he knew it already. (Should I tag him in this post, or will he just see it? Idk if that's proper "etiquette"...)

Basically, there is a config option for Sync that allows you to change the amount of damage taken from beginning a shell construction (in half hearts, in case you didn't know). When I play with Sync, I always set the amount of damage to 19 - that way I have a half heart left any time I make a new shell. :D
One thing to take into consideration, though, is that most people don't know about this feature, so if you do change it, don't make it 19 - if you're missing even a half heart, you'll die. Permanently, because you didn't have the time to make a new shell. :p

The other, and more significant thing I thought of (although this does not exist yet, as far as I know, you may be able to ask iChun about it; I think this idea is good) is to somehow allow the "revival" of players, mainly in multiplayer (of which I do a ton, and therefore have interest in).

Here's the idea: Allow the extraction of DNA (or whatever) from a player to put in a shell constructor.
Here's the reason: Let's say I'm playing with one other person on easy mode. We both die once, using up the first shell. In order that at least one of us can survive if they die, we divert power from the extra energy cell to the other, so we have enough energy for one more shell. Let's say that I complete that shell. We are now out of energy. Then, my friend dies - and he's gone (It's unimportant whether I die at this point, as long as I have enough lives to go on). So, I'm sad.
But let's say that I also actually survive long enough to get an alright-ish house/fort going, and even some power for the now defunct leadstone energy cells we got. I want my friend back - I have enough power to make a new shell for him - but he's dead and gone, so there is now no way for him to come back without just unbanning him and having him make a shell (remember, this is MP), which is cheating and not fun.
Here's why the reason fits the idea: If I have a DNA sample from my friend, even though he is dead and banned, I can bring him back by inserting his DNA sample (if we had this idea-mod-thing, I would have collected one right after we both died the first time) into a shell constructor, thus unbanning/bringing him back without breaking the roleplay.

From the rest of you who are not Iskandar, please tell me why this is unbalanced (I'm sure it is in some way!), but most importantly, if you like this, tell me why and give it support. :D

Only thing I could think of would be in a situation where you let your resources run so low that there is only enough for one person to make it. Barely. So the other person dies. And stays dead until the remaining player rebuilds the supplies up to the point where it would be safe to revive.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
You can already do that, sort of. When the constructor is out of power, it's just stuck on whatever progress it had. You can initiate the forming of a shell without any power, and the constructor will just stay at 0% until you give it power. The only change necessary is to insert into the mod an exception for hardcore multiplayer to unban the user once their shell has been completed.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm sure Pahimar is a smart guy. He writes mods and he seems like the nicest dude around too. Problem is, he's sorta headstrong. Yeah, that walkabout he did in EP4 was destined for failure. When I heard him say something about grout, I lost it. laughing so hard.

I'd like to see DW20+Pahimar play bnb. that would actually be completely hilarious.

Also, they haven't seen a mini creeper yet so that is going to be interesting as well. but. TBH, Them playing this essentially _IS_ like playing this pack for the first time, knowing MC, knowing recipes, and then suddenly having all these recipes, etc.. changed. And then trying to figure out how to overcome these changes, etc... I am actually enjoying watching all these LP's people are making. I looked at landstryder's ep of the food thing with sfm. heh dude, you like cramped quarters or what? I would get so claustrophobic in your base. :) It's always cool to have different takes on a similar problem and see how people come up with those solutions. The more the merrier I say.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, Them playing this essentially _IS_ like playing this pack for the first time, knowing MC, knowing recipes, and then suddenly having all these recipes, etc.. changed. And then trying to figure out how to overcome these changes, etc... I am actually enjoying watching all these LP's people are making.

Direwolf - "The (AE) Disk Drive recipe is unchanged."

I lost my shit so hard...I think I peed a little bit...

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get farmland in this map? Since hoe doesn't work, what can you do?
Well, hoes do work, a bit...But TiCon tools is supposed to be your go-to source for all tools. If you use vanilla tools, you're gana have a bad time. So the Mattok is what you want for farming.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Direwolf - "The (AE) Disk Drive recipe is unchanged."

I lost my shit so hard...I think I peed a little bit...
yeah. Drilling down ALL the way through recipe tree is pretty much necessary here since I've done exact same thing (and in this case, THIS exact same thing). Setup everything to make my AE system and WTF? W-T-F'in-F? I was so pissed. had cooked up some silicon, the whole thing. yeah, it really screws up your plans and then you have to rethink yet again. rinse/repeat that about 10-20 times, it gets VERY frustrating. I can't even imagine recording it all on camera and going through that.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the "consciousness" stored while your friend waits for you to get a power source? I'd argue that putting the DNA of a dead friend into one of these things should get you a slab of meat that looks like your dead companion...... IMO if you die without a clone ready you are simply dead.

My own idea, growing clones for food........ but that gets a little creepy..... and not in the green explosive way.

edit: few typos and such

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ichun could do better. if your clone is 50% done, you have an option to come back as a mini-me, half height, half speed.

I like the idea of farming yourself and eating yourself (clones that is). It's gruesome, but hey, ya gotta eat, don't ya? wait, what other _X_ yourself's are there to joke about. oh yeah... wait, nevermind.

edit: yeah, how is spice of life going to handle that tho. Do you look at yourself and see "You have eaten this food for X bla bla bla...." :)

Last edited: