[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
oh that changes everything. But get this... I think I only tried leaves when he first introduced this as a concept and you could only use saplings, so I never tried again. dur dur dur dur. Ok, yeah. I take back my comments then. That makes alot more sense now. I know if I start over again, I'll do it that way. Thanks for that info.
Hmm I wouldn't know about that. I only started playing in 1.1.1 when he had updated the ship and the only way to get it was through the beta/forums. Also "W" is the bloody key that moves stuff up tabs?! I looked everywhere for a damn shortcut key to move stuff to that area. The closest thing I found was hovering over it and hitting a 1-9 to move the item in your toolbar to that slot! Cheers for the info, I will be sure to abuse the hell out of it from now on! No more frantic clicking and dragging like the noob I am...was, the noob I WAS!

As for the sapling yield PODonnel I agree with you. I notice I don't always get 1/10 either. But I am transposing so many leaves and saplings so fast that I'm generally not bothered.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
you know iskander it would be really helpful if you could give a fire seed as a quest reward because otherwise you have to grind for days upon days just to get a single fire seed i havent tried to get one yet but even if you allowed pumpkins so we could spawn an iron golem for the rose you would still need 4 blocks of iron in that way so it still isnt cheap

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hmm I wouldn't know about that. I only started playing in 1.1.1 when he had updated the ship and the only way to get it was through the beta/forums. Also "W" is the bloody key that moves stuff up tabs?! I looked everywhere for a damn shortcut key to move stuff to that area. The closest thing I found was hovering over it and hitting a 1-9 to move the item in your toolbar to that slot! Cheers for the info, I will be sure to abuse the hell out of it from now on! No more frantic clicking and dragging like the noob I am...was, the noob I WAS!

As for the sapling yield PODonnel I agree with you. I notice I don't always get 1/10 either. But I am transposing so many leaves and saplings so fast that I'm generally not bothered.
don't feel too bad. I only learned that worked a month or so ago by accident. I always use the tico crafting table attached to a double chest. I setup those all over the place. that trick does NOT work in those. the shortcut works in personal grid plus normal crafting table grid as well. look at the ... in an inventory (top right usually). shortcuts on top right of that screen will show you all the shortcuts that the mod adds.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
you know iskander it would be really helpful if you could give a fire seed as a quest reward because otherwise you have to grind for days upon days just to get a single fire seed i havent tried to get one yet but even if you allowed pumpkins so we could spawn an iron golem for the rose you would still need 4 blocks of iron in that way so it still isnt cheap

If it's the Rose Red you're worried about, there is literal stacks of that stuff (and Flower Yellow) in the city. I have like 4-5 stacks from a single city (although, to be fair, I have mostly farmed it out). So yeah, there is tons. If you're worried about the mobs, it's so common that if you run thru and only grab at chests you can get to from the street, you'll still probably walk out of there with more than enough (considering you only need 1 and some Nethrack to propagate it).

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've gotten about 8 red dyes from raiding the cities, so thats an option too.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
don't feel too bad. I only learned that worked a month or so ago by accident. I always use the tico crafting table attached to a double chest. I setup those all over the place. that trick does NOT work in those. the shortcut works in personal grid plus normal crafting table grid as well. look at the ... in an inventory (top right usually). shortcuts on top right of that screen will show you all the shortcuts that the mod adds.
Yeah I suppose jumping into a HC map after not playing MC for so long hasn't really done me any favours. It's difficult to re-learn the game and all the little things about it when you are rushing around just to survive the night lol. When I stopped playing they didn't even have any maps like this. It was just basic MC with a bunch of cool mods.

I think I am in the position now where I can go through some of the menu and controls and find out all the tips and tricks again. Although the crafting stations are annoying me. I am trying to shift left click recipes and it is just not doing it. It's forcing me to take everything out of the chest and have it in my inventory just to do it.

Not being able to move stuff between the chest and the table or inventory with a shortcut is just as bad if not worse. And the fact you can't sort the chest inventory while at the station is something I feel I should be able to do easily.

At the moment I feel like the crafting stations are just there to hold the items. Sure they are useful but they are nowhere near as useful as they could be.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
A question for you guys: How many cities did you guys generate before finally finding a power plant with Big Reactor components?

I've already generated five cities beyond the first one that comes with the map, and let's just say I'm having very poor luck.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
A question for you guys: How many cities did you guys generate before finally finding a power plant with Big Reactor components?

I've already generated five cities beyond the first one that comes with the map, and let's just say I'm having very poor luck.
I found a big reactor in my 2nd city. I have circled the other 2 cities (not venturing inside) and have not seen any other reactor buildings.

Speaking of them, they are fun to clear, especially the top floor!

edit: I am afraid I am going to have to walk a long way to spawn any more cities since I have circled my base at quite a distance already and have only seen those 3.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Day 130ish, 100% of my leaves now go to making water via crucible. Dirt is maintenance free set it and forget it automated via vanilla skyblock auto harvesting cactus farm. Harvested cacti are moved to a single hopper by conveyor and piped to barrels for composting then to a chest for storage.

Still no bed or sync chamber, walls are still only 1 above "ground level" (3 high from inside trench) no fence or half slabs. Plans for tonight are lining the trench with conveyors to bring mobs to punji stick trap with a vacuum hopper to pipe loot back to a central location for sorting. :)

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

*edit* was thinking maybe I should start pneumaticraft sometime this weekend.

Last edited:

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
*edit* was thinking maybe I should start pneumaticraft sometime this weekend.

Yes! I'm amazed at just how long I've played without starting PC yet. I've raided some cities and built up my oven/smeltery/cobblegen/courtyard/basement/water system/etc. But I know I have to move on to the PC stuff in order to do the next tier of automation and, of course, the quest book!

Not sure why I'm so reluctant. Just need to dive in and do it. I've been watching FunshineX and he just got through the first half of the PC quests.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
No ways to get marble? Time for some traditional overpriced nether quartz made from 1000 water sources each. *Shhhhhhh;) don't tell anyone my quartz fortress is just made of multi-blocks instead of a whole block*

I'm fairly certain I mined some marble in the Deep Dark. There are also chisel marble blocks in the city that can be turned into plain old marble.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i tried to make an episode yesterday but I went outside and a spider appeared out of air. turned out to be a tough spider anmd by the time i got turned around and switched to my frying pan i was dead. :) I have a good idead for the next start but i will have to start on easy now to get the item i need so wish me luck that it works.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! I'm amazed at just how long I've played without starting PC yet. I've raided some cities and built up my oven/smeltery/cobblegen/courtyard/basement/water system/etc. But I know I have to move on to the PC stuff in order to do the next tier of automation and, of course, the quest book!

Not sure why I'm so reluctant. Just need to dive in and do it. I've been watching FunshineX and he just got through the first half of the PC quests.

My lack of progress is purely by choice. I like to automate as much as possible using low tech and vanilla dynamics to build a rock solid support base, then I beautify and introduce better tech and clean thing up while consolidating space. I know it takes a lot longer to do, but I'm also in no hurry. End game goal is to complete the quest book without ever using a sync chamber so I err on the side of caution and limit my risk as much as possible. Big reactor controller is probably going to be where I fail miserably. :)

Reactions: Genshou and LostBMe

Rorom6ik

Jul 29, 2019
I found exploit with seared cobblestone.
Sorry if somebody have told about it, I haven't read this forum much.
It allows you become infinite amount of seared bricks after you build simple smeltery and cobblegen.
To make seared cobblestone you need only 72 mB of searedstone (it is half of normal) and a piece of cobble in casting basin, but when it melts down, you become back 144 mB (like from normal block). So you become double your seared stone by cost of 2 cobble.