[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Ok folks I know many of you don't really like the whole idea of hand grinding plastic plant seeds. In my latest episode I've created a automatic farm for plastic plants using only SFM and a dispenser. I know there are many other ways to automate this using either vanilla, MFR, drones or some combination of those. This is just another option for those that like me are crazy for SFM.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get marble in bulks besides raiding buildings? (because the marble looks scarce and I can't find any recipes for it.)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Is there any way to get marble in bulks besides raiding buildings? (because the marble looks scarce and I can't find any recipes for it.)
you can put the marble pillar type stuff in your crafting table in a 2*2 to make it is the only recipes NEI, sorry.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the limestone the sieve generates works in the chisel recipie, but I myself was just trying to figure out a good way to come up with some marble.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
maybe we can get iskandar to add some marble stones in the sieving recipes so you can get some? Then we could combine them like the sieved stones .:)

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm staying in my ship at nite. I don't stick my head out at all except for the occasional run to the food garden or tree trimming. Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't. Mobs burn and die all the time outside and I've yet to get a spawn inside with me.I've yet to sit in the chair though so maybe it's your chair?:p

Or maybe they're glitching through your walls somehow? I know sometimes I'd glitch through a solid wall when I was standing inside safely hitting the things outside in BnB. And some have had mobs hit them when they're inside the ship and the mobs are outside - maybe now they're glitching through the walls?

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
No ways to get marble? Time for some traditional overpriced nether quartz made from 1000 water sources each. *Shhhhhhh;) don't tell anyone my quartz fortress is just made of multi-blocks instead of a whole block*

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
That being said, for someone who's never done a gameplay video, what would be some options for a recording program? It's easy to say go buy a $200 program, but let's be realistic most of us can't justify an expense like that for a program that will rarely be used. Free would be awesome, demo as well, but as long as it gets the job done at a reasonable price.

I use fraps, it gets the job done and costs $37. You can try the demo first but it only records for 20ish seconds. I'm having more of a problem finding a video editor. The one that I am currently using is clunky and bleaches some of the color...[DOUBLEPOST=1409096644][/DOUBLEPOST]How are people filling camel packs with SFM? I can only get it to work with a completely empty pack.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing in this pack that i can think of that would cause this prob is the TE item ducts back stuffing
so if you are using item ducts check to see if they are getting back stuffed. If so creat a dence loop back into the input chest
Ive been using barrels/ducts on my farm, i usually have at least 1 tube on my tree farm stuffed, plus the output to my power generators usually gums up.
Could this be being caused by my being cheap and using levers instead of pneumatic servos?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Okay, I'd like to try this again.
Would anybody like to work with me on figuring out why sifting causes lag, that turns into a crash?
it could be all the items thrown on the floor. How long can you sieve before you crash? How much ram are you using for the pack?

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping you would reply. I found a different post of yours that only had one of the crafting steps. I'll add the other three and hope it works.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping you would reply. I found a different post of yours that only had one of the crafting steps. I'll add the other three and hope it works.
My old post isn't the best explanation so if you still need help, I can rewrite how I set it up and throw in some screenshots.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been using barrels/ducts on my farm, i usually have at least 1 tube on my tree farm stuffed, plus the output to my power generators usually gums up.
Could this be being caused by my being cheap and using levers instead of pneumatic servos?

Servoes wont help you will need to ether create a overflow chest as the last destanation or run a duct back into your input location and set it to dence mode that way the items will cycle in an out of the input location till another location opens up.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Manual. Day 1 stuff. So I can quickly whip up a new crash log.

After my first half stack the game starts to chug, another stack more and the game chases it's tail to death. I can replicate the crash fastest by siving a half stack and then using /kill ... the game crashes while deleting the world and produces a crashlog.

Here's the worst part, it does NOT happen in AG skies, even automated sifting does not in AG skies.

Originally I was just going to wait for another version and try that, but I realized that if I can report it, and it gets fixed now, it might be better. I suspect it's related to the post with the person who had entity count hit thousands while sifting, and it didn't come down. The "good" news is, mine crashes, so that helps debug it easier.
Look up how to add infogamexl + @Marsupilami 's config for it. It'll show you all your entities, etc.. see if those rise and your FPS drops and you don't have to stare at F3 screen either. it's really nice. will show you your camel pack usage, etc.

My machine likes to lag when I get about 80% done with agskies and fully loaded base and just generally doesn't play awesomely with everything. With this pack tho? Never any lag or anything causing ctd's except for pneumaticraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1409098636][/DOUBLEPOST]
My old post isn't the best explanation so if you still need help, I can rewrite how I set it up and throw in some screenshots.
Yours was definately awesome. What made it awesome was that you know it works and you're pretty errr consistent with your accuracy :) I tried saying that in the nicest way, trust me :) That made me know that I had a working solution, and even tho I had issues reproducing it, I knew the config you described would work eventually.

Doing that, I found that the final step sometimes needs to be redone completely for it to work right. Something (bug?) in SFM makes that last bit the most important and getting it right means dragging to delete and doing the last step over and over again till it works right.

Also, it won't work with barrels, only chests or another inventory cause I tried to keep some full camelpacks in barrels but it would never craft to it. I still have an issue with my end setting since I have to remove the full camelpack out of inventory before it will create another (which means that explains why barrels won't work).

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I use fraps, it gets the job done and costs $37. You can try the demo first but it only records for 20ish seconds. I'm having more of a problem finding a video editor. The one that I am currently using is clunky and bleaches some of the color...[DOUBLEPOST=1409096644][/DOUBLEPOST]How are people filling camel packs with SFM? I can only get it to work with a completely empty pack.
I use OBS for my warcraft raiding streams. Totally free, simple to use, and lots of options if you want.

Who has time for editing? I have games to play, raid bosses to kill, and CL cities to raid! ;)