[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

JLAB15

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack but had a few questions. First of all, whenever I play I only have 1 life. I see youtubers that start out with 5. How do I do this? And also, could u explain the party thing in the quest book? Is that so you can play with other players together? Thanks

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what part of the country/world your in....... but in my neighborhood we are entering chanterelle season..... :)

NW Indiana

The starting strategy debate is interesting, but instead of typing everything out, I'm actually considering doing a video showing how I go about early survival/defense. :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I don't feel it is my place to try to censor what is available to new players. Those who want to learn it all by themselves are free to do so. Those who want to research it in advance are free to do so. Those who don't have any willpower? Not my problem. :)
I think that is the core problem and the solution. A faq, linked prominently stuck there in OP of this post, can give anyone "NEEDING" more information and willing to go through that faq, can do so. Others that don't want spoilers, can just ignore it. This post tho has alot of that same information (if not all of it). but, moving forward, we can then start refraining from spoiling it to people and just point to faq and come up with interesting new ways instead of rehashing the same arguments back and forth. No? I mentioned this over a month ago, and I would have helped out creating said faq but my life has taken a huge temporary turn right now that isn't going to be over for another month or so, so I can't. If someone wants to start this faq and set something up, I'll definately assist when I am through this "looking for a new place to live crap". :( wait, how do you make a smiley so sad it'd make a sad kitty cry... hmmm :mad: nope, that smiley just about covers it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
NW Indiana

The starting strategy debate is interesting, but instead of typing everything out, I'm actually considering doing a video showing how I go about early survival/defense. :)
Oh wow, your local mycological foundation's next couple of forays are hunting Amanita's..... that particular genus is one I steer away from....

Anyways I need to stop talking about mushrooms.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am definitely sure it is the sun causing the Zombies to trigger their reinforce mechanic. I had just slept through the night and a few seconds later a giant zombie spawned in the ship. I kill him and two more pop into existence. I'm pretty sure each time this has happened I have either slept through the night or I had been sitting in a chair and the sun had risen.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with this mod pack in particular or if it's a general MC bug. In case anyone is wondering about light levels, it is not that. My base is lit up like a damn Christmas tree. I thought the same thing the first time this happened and made sure of it (it wasn't the reason then either). I can post screenshots if needed lol.
Been playing this pack forever (well over 500 in-game minecraft days, 200 days on this version) and have never had this problem. I honestly have no idea what to tell you. Are you agro-ing zombies at night or something?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ok I am definitely sure it is the sun causing the Zombies to trigger their reinforce mechanic. I had just slept through the night and a few seconds later a giant zombie spawned in the ship. I kill him and two more pop into existence. I'm pretty sure each time this has happened I have either slept through the night or I had been sitting in a chair and the sun had risen.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with this mod pack in particular or if it's a general MC bug. In case anyone is wondering about light levels, it is not that. My base is lit up like a damn Christmas tree. I thought the same thing the first time this happened and made sure of it (it wasn't the reason then either). I can post screenshots if needed lol.
i post the link a few pages back. there is a random chance per hit unless you 1 shot zombies. also the range is supposed to be 8o*80*80. you might have just got unluck or the mod changes it for that mob?

"
Reinforcements
On Hard difficulty, Zombies can call other Zombies in the area to "help", and in a matter of seconds, more Zombies will target the player. When a zombie is damaged by another entity it will attempt to spawn one reinforcement zombie nearby (within an 80x80x80 box centered on the attacked zombie). Both the damaged zombie and the new zombie will have a reduced chance of summoning another reinforcement, so they cannot cause an infinite number of zombies to spawn, but they can multiply significantly.

Damaged zombies will also call all other nearby zombies in the area to attack, regardless of difficulty, like zombie pigmen.

These effects can be combatted by killing the zombie in as few hits as possible, by using environmental damage such as falls or lava, or by ignoring them."

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
But he's saying he's in her ship at then at morning when mobs start burning, that is when a zombie or two suddenly spawn inside his ship. I'm thinking he is agro-ing zombies at night by either attacking them and not killing, or just peaking out his ship so that they see him before falling into his trenches or whatever. That could be the problem.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I can make walls and have enough dust to sieve all night.... I don't see defense as a waist of time. I also started making walls and ditches before I watched anyone else play or read the forums.
i never said that defenses were awaste of time.[DOUBLEPOST=1409082488][/DOUBLEPOST]
But she's saying she's in her ship at then at morning when mobs start burning, that is when a zombie or two suddenly spawn inside her ship. I'm thinking she is agro-ing zombies at night by either attacking them and not killing, or just peaking out her ship so that they see her before falling into her trenches or whatever. That could be the problem.
i assume you are talking about Yoshi667's post. If so he says in his post it appeared inside the ship and then it was killed. I assume that ment with some type of weapon/fist. any player damage by a weapon or fist would have caused the reinforcment to trigger? if you are not i'm sorry i missed who you were talking about?

Last edited:

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the debate is getting long winded, let's just agree to disagree on starting tactics. Few players actually read the forums, and it's unrealistic to expect a new player to go back 200 pages to find what they're looking for. YouTube is where most mod pack research seems to be done, so lets give them some more options to choose from. Not only does it give an easier forum to explain and showcase ideas, it also provides more advertising while preventing 6 pages of debate over trivial points.

I myself don't chase string early game, but I also don't start building trenches or walls until a few days in. So let's start showing how and why we do what we do.

That being said, for someone who's never done a gameplay video, what would be some options for a recording program? It's easy to say go buy a $200 program, but let's be realistic most of us can't justify an expense like that for a program that will rarely be used. Free would be awesome, demo as well, but as long as it gets the job done at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to seeing some new ways to solve old problems and improve my own starting strategies. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
That being said, for someone who's never done a gameplay video, what would be some options for a recording program? It's easy to say go buy a $200 program, but let's be realistic most of us can't justify an expense like that for a program that will rarely be used. Free would be awesome, demo as well, but as long as it gets the job done at a reasonable price.

So if you have a nVidea graphics card of the 600 series or better (660M or better for mobile graphics cards), the GeForce Experience has a built in recording program called Shadow Play. I don't know how good it is, never tried it myself, but it's just part of owning a nVidea card of the right generation. So if that applies to you, might want to give it a try.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't see myself ever doing something like a lets play unless I go through the effort of captioning everything...... I'm not a huge fan of my recorded voice...

Last edited:

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
i assume you are talking about Yoshi667's post. If so she says in her post it appeared inside the ship and then it was killed. I assume that ment with some type of weapon/fist. any player damage by a weapon or fist would have caused the reinforcment to trigger? if you are not i'm sorry i missed who you were talking about?
From what I can work out it is when I go to sleep or sit in a chair. If I am doing either of those things and the sun comes up then the SUNS damage actually triggers the reinforcements on ME. I haven't touched the zombies at all, I haven't even looked at them. I just chill inside my ship with everything locked up. Next minute, I'm getting the back of my head beat in my zombies. I have died twice because of it when I went afk to make a coffee and nearly died again last night because a giant zombie spawned and brought two fully enchanted armoured buddies.

To make matters worse, when I walked in and saw I was dead, there were 3 zombies hanging around my corpse. Therefore it couldn't of been me that triggered the reinforcements. There is no possible way that these zombies should be spawning inside my ship. Not only is it fully lit, but I am standing about 2-3 blocks away from where they spawn AND it's in the middle of my ship, right over my player spawn zone.

Also, I am male, I'm not really bothered by it but just thought you might want to know for future reference lol.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can work out it is when I go to sleep or sit in a chair. If I am doing either of those things and the sun comes up then the SUNS damage actually triggers the reinforcements on ME. I haven't touched the zombies at all, I haven't even looked at them. I just chill inside my ship with everything locked up. Next minute, I'm getting my face beat in by zombies. I have died twice because of it when I went afk to make a coffee and nearly died again last night because a giant zombie spawned and brought two fully enchanted armoured buddies.

To make matters worse, when I walked in and saw I was dead, there were 3 zombies hanging around my corpse. Therefore it couldn't of been me that triggered the reinforcements. There is no possible way that these zombies should be spawning inside my ship. Not only is it fully lit, but I am standing about 2-3 blocks away from where they spawn AND it's in the middle of my ship, right over my player spawn zone.

Also, I am male, I'm not really bothered by it but just thought you might want to know for future reference lol.
Yeah I was the one that screwed up the m/f. My mistake.

But like I said, no idea how zombies are getting inside your ship like that. I've played multiple times from the beginning in 1.1.2 and have never had zombies spawn inside the ship and always have zombies burning up in my trenches in the morning. It's definitely peculiar. But then again, I never use the beds or the chairs, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not great but here's a video of my day 1 strategy.

Good stuff, and a great example of going with the bed and a ditch. I wonder if you'd run too low on bonemeal / food if you had to wait until at least the second morning to collect bones/zombie flesh if you didn't use the easy quest. (I use the easy quest route, so I don't know, just wondering)

Also, you can repair your tools directly in your personal crafting grid (I hear it's a bit less efficient though) to save yourself a few precious day 1 seconds... :)

Thanks for posting that!

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Time to put my degree to the test.

Without going through the code and finding the bug myself, the only thing I can think of is that when I sleep, or when I am sitting I am not classed as an entity or that the suns damage is being passed on to me somehow. This would mean that the zombies were technically taking damage from an entity and would allow for the reinforce trigger. Now I'm not sure if the sun is usually classed as an entity or if it only gets messed up when I sleep or am sitting in a chair. Unfortunately this bug is hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen every time I sleep or sit in a chair.

Now as for the zombies spawning in my well lit, occupied ship. I'm thinking that the reinforce mechanic overrides some of the conditions for spawning and as long as they are not in my LoS for the initial zombie spawn they are able to spawn anywhere. Once the initial zombie is in I can kill him (or leave him) and watch another two pop into existence right in front of my eyes. The problem is, they still shouldn't be able to do that because they should still need to spawn out of LoS.

Now I could be totally wrong, my Java is nowhere near as good as my other languages but that's all I can think of while being sleep deprived. The other option is that it is a secret "feature" that one of the mod creators keeps in as a personal joke.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
From what I can work out it is when I go to sleep or sit in a chair. If I am doing either of those things and the sun comes up then the SUNS damage actually triggers the reinforcements on ME. I haven't touched the zombies at all, I haven't even looked at them. I just chill inside my ship with everything locked up. Next minute, I'm getting the back of my head beat in my zombies. I have died twice because of it when I went afk to make a coffee and nearly died again last night because a giant zombie spawned and brought two fully enchanted armoured buddies.

i hate that sepcial mobs mod more and more each day. question is is it a minecraft bug or a mod interaction bugs. i would say mod interaction. does it happen with other zombies? I can't find the link to the mob list so i don't know if it has a special ability but i do know Iskandar is taking them out next update so they shouldn't be a problem. i would so just disable the special mobs and play and see if it does it without the mods in. if it doesn't just don't use it till next update.

Note: i fixed the post. the her throw me off sorry.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Good stuff, and a great example of going with the bed and a ditch. I wonder if you'd run too low on bonemeal / food if you had to wait until at least the second morning to collect bones/zombie flesh if you didn't use the easy quest. (I use the easy quest route, so I don't know, just wondering)

Also, you can repair your tools directly in your personal crafting grid (I hear it's a bit less efficient though) to save yourself a few precious day 1 seconds... :)

Thanks for posting that!
you would have worms so that would help. i assume you mean if you did it on hard not easy as easy has oak sapling which mean apples/juice. I think you would be able to depends on how you push the quest. when is the rice seed quest? anyone know off hand?