[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get Nether Quartz?

Sifting Soul Sand give you (a ton of) Nether Quartz. Soul sand is made by placing a Wooden Barrel full of Water next to Mycelium (which you get from using an Ancient Spore, from sifting Sand, on a dirt block), so that the Water turns into Witch Water. You than place a piece of Sand in the Witch Water Barrel and...BAM...Soul Sand. You will obviously need a large amount of Soul Sand (and, by extension, a large amount of water) if you want enough Nether Quartz from AE, but if you just want a tiny bit for a Sync Core, that's not a huge deal. You should be able to get it relatively early.

Another thing I am having trouble with is creatures clipping through walls.
The major problem I am having is that it appears Zombies can spawn INSIDE my ship.

So the little addon I installed that has that nifty hud with your Camel Pack and the time and the days you've played and all that says I've played my game for 247 days. This is also not my first world, by a long shot. I have never had this happen. But apparently a lot of other people have. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, cause it seems like a problem for a lot of people.

Finally, since upgrading to 1.1.2 I seem to have lost the quest to get the rocket launcher. I have killed the required mobs including the Endermen for the first part of the quest but it did not unlock the next part.

This quest is a Hidden Quest. There are several Hidden Quests in CL. As it is hidden, I'm not going to spoil it, but just keep playing and you'll unlock this one. Unless you hole up inside your ship, it's really just a matter of time.

As for my own contribution here, I hear a lot of people talk about their Spider Defense tactics. It always seems to revolve around fences. Why the fences? I just place slabs on top of my wall (so nothing can spawn there, and then place Glass Covers over the pit on the outside of the wall. This way stuff in the pit still burns and spiders can't get it. It's also super cheap, cause glass covers are silly inexpensive.

Also, a question for everyone. What are you doing for mid-game power (aka, before Big Reactors?) I find that my power needs FAR outstrip my ability to generate power in the long run. Moment to moment, I am fine. I have a TNT generator going, 16 Survivalist generators, two Reactant Dynamos, and and a couple of Ender Generators that are powered when I can afford it (I have basically built all the things I need Ender pearls for ever, so all the extras just go to making power).

I tried the High-Temp Furnace generator, and that's just not sustainable (though it was REALLY useful cause I had almost a barrel of coal...and so I used it all up filling a bunch of batteries). It just takes WAY more coal/charcoal than I feel I can reasonably generate.

Has anyone tried the Heated Redstone generator? It seems like the way to go, but I am a little worried I'm just not going to have enough redstone (I have almost half a barrel atm and not a lot to use it on).

I am sure once I get a Big Reactor up and running I won't have too many problems. Probably need to find a way to increase dust sifting to make sure I always have enough Yellorium, but that's not really an issue since Autonomous Activators don't take power. But, until then, what should I use?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, those of you WITH a Big Reactor, do Actively Cooled reactors seem at all viable? I am pretty sure that much water is totally unsustainable in this game. But I could be wrong. I'd LOVE to hear if anyone has had success in that area. And as for a Passively Cooled reactor, what are your thoughts for coolant? Destabilized Redstone or Gelied Cryotrium?

Last edited:

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
If you have an MFR Tree farm, then an MFR Sludge boiler is your best friend, you are guaranteed at least 1 piece of nether quartz per soul sand and the sludge boiler can turn sludge into soul sand, failing that you can make witchwater with mycelium (spores from sand sifting, use them on dirt and fill nhilo barrels with water), put sand in the barrel, voila, soulsand.
Thank you, I was Googling for ages and all that was coming up was "You get it in the Nether". I now have all the knowledge, and, once I set up this sand production, all the materials to make a sync shell! City here I come!

Press F7 ingame, the red areas will show you places you will have mobs spawning in low light/at night, yellow shows areas at risk at nightfall - you likely had a ninja spawn during the night.

Yeah I did that when I was rebuilding the ship. There is no yellow or red crosses inside my ship at all. There aren't any around my ship, and there aren't any on the roof of my ship. That's why the only thing I could think of was that the sun was hurting the zombies and they were using the reinforce mechanic to spawn on me. Unless I am misunderstanding the mechanic and it's not in this pack or this version of MC.

ive also found that Extra Utilities drums are a godsend, especially where the fluid transposer is concerned, i can fill it up with saplings and sheared leaves and forget about it, the same with automating a crucible - forget the TE tanks, i sit them ontop of my harvester and sludge boiler too, can forget about them for about an hour.
Also the E/U Trashcan solves the "my wood storage is full" problem.

I find the drums crazy expensive for what they do. Maybe it's because I don't have ore multiplication up yet (I am terrified of the cities). I just can't justify using them. I do however have a near fully automated refilling station and dirt production (have to put bottles in manually atm). Now I just need to work out how to refill my camelpack without having to use bottles. Looks like I will be making SFM stuff and learning how to use it soon. :)

Still no wheat though. The RNG is owning me right now. I literally have every other seed in the game aside from that one (and lightning seeds). I just want some peanut butter and jam sandwiches. :(
I also finally found out how to make a press. I can actually put these soybeans I have been growing for the last 3 days to use!

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Edit: Also want to add that in all instances of Zombies spawning inside my base, they spawned within the 25 block no spawn zone. They spawned within 5-10 blocks of me.

Apparently I need to till grass, not bonemeal it. It's weird how I forgot that considering I was doing it on my last world.

Last edited:

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Crash on first attempt to use the pneumaticcraft assembly line. Running 1.1.2 with the save that ships with it.

My assembly lines setup:
Controller -> import next to single wooden chest with a block of compressed iron and 3 valve blocks in it -> laser -> assembly table -> export next to single wooden chest. Using laser program. I am trying to make some advanced tubes.

It ignored the block of compressed iron I put in the chest so I stuck the valve blocks in it and the arm moved to take one out - that is when the crash occured. I can't load the game now... will have to edit the world to delete the machine or restore the world from a backup. But I need to be able to use the assembly line to progress. Is it because I don't have a drill? The program I am using does not require it but I can make or find one if that is the problem.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

Time: 8/26/14 12:04 AM
Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77969_a(ItemStack.java:466)
    at pneumaticCraft.common.tileentity.TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit.func_70316_g(TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit.java:177)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77969_a(ItemStack.java:466)
    at pneumaticCraft.common.tileentity.TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit.func_70316_g(TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit.java:177)

-- Tile entity being ticked --
Details:
    Name: TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit // pneumaticCraft.common.tileentity.TileEntityAssemblyIOUnit
    Block type: ID #628 (tile.assemblyIOUnit // pneumaticCraft.common.block.BlockAssemblyIOUnit)
    Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
    Block location: World: (267,59,263), Chunk: (at 11,3,7 in 16,16; contains blocks 256,0,256 to 271,255,271), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
    Actual block type: ID #628 (tile.assemblyIOUnit // pneumaticCraft.common.block.BlockAssemblyIOUnit)
    Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)

-- Affected level --
Details:
    Level name: CrashLanding112b
    All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['zuiko'/13, l='CrashLanding112b', x=265.21, y=59.00, z=265.91]]
    Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 880 Drop: 0
    Level seed: -4452421413102225750
    Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: true
    Level generator options: 2;7,63x250;10;
    Level spawn location: World: (287,4,34), Chunk: (at 15,0,2 in 17,2; contains blocks 272,0,32 to 287,255,47), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
    Level time: 2886340 game time, 3229467 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
    Level weather: Rain time: 62151 (now: false), thunder time: 48027 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
    Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.13.0-24-generic
    Java Version: 1.7.0_60, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 368209864 bytes (351 MB) / 894418944 bytes (852 MB) up to 3151495168 bytes (3005 MB)
    JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3072M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
    AABB Pool Size: 1551 (86856 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1348 (75488 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 99 mods loaded, 99 mods active
    mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CodeChickenCore{0.9.0.9} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NotEnoughItems{1.6.1.9} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    PowerCrystalsCore{1.1.8} [PowerCrystals Core] (PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct-Preloader{0.0.1} [Tinkers Corestruct] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    AppliedEnergistics-Core{rv14.finale3} [AppliedEnergistics Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenModsCore{@VERSION@} [OpenModsCore] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    AppliedEnergistics{rv14.finale3} [Applied Energistics] (appeng-rv14-finale3-mc16x.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHCore{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Core] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ForgeMultipart{1.0.0.219} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ThermalExpansion{3.0.0.7} [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    autopackager{1.2} [AutoPackager] (autopackager-1.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Autoutils{1.0.1} [Autoutils] (autoutils-1.6.4-1.0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    BiblioCraft{1.5.5} [BiblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.5.5].zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MineFactory Reloaded] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    BigReactors{0.3.4A2} [Big Reactors] (BigReactors-0.3.4A2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Chisel{1.5.2} [Chisel] (chisel-1.6.4-1.5.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHLoot{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Loot] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHMasquerade{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Masquerade] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHSocial{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Social] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoFHWorld{2.0.0.5} [CoFH World] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ConfigMod{v1.0} [Extended Mod Config] (ConfigMod for MC v1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CoroAI{v1.0} [CoroAI] (CoroUtil for MC v1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    crowley.skyblock{1.29e} [Ex Nihilo] (crowley-skyblock-v1.29e.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    EnderIO{1.0.6} [Ender IO] (EnderIO-1.6.4-1.0.6.376.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    EnviroMine{1.1.63} [EnviroMine] (EnviroMine-v1.1.63.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    pamharvestcraft{1.0} [Pam's HarvestCraft Base] (Pam's HarvestCraft 1.6.4 v1.1.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Waila{1.5.2a} [Waila] (Waila_1.5.2a.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct{1.6.X_1.5.5.7} [Tinkers' Construct] (TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.5.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    exaliquo{0.11.2} [Ex Aliquo] (exaliquo_0.11.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    extracells{1.6.9d} [ExtraCells] (ExtraCells-1.6.9d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ExtraUtilities{1.0.3c} [Extra Utilities] (extrautils-1.0.3c.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    CARuins{0.1.4} [Cellular Automata Generator] (Generator_mods_0.1.4(1.6.X).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    GreatWallMod{0.1.4} [Great Wall Mod] (Generator_mods_0.1.4(1.6.X).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    WalledCityMod{0.1.4} [Walled City Generator] (Generator_mods_0.1.4(1.6.X).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    HungerOverhaul{1.6.X-2l} [Hunger Overhaul] (hungeroverhaul-1.6.X-2l-build4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    HarvestCraftWaila{1.0.4} [HarvestCraft Waila Fixes] (HarvestCraftWaila-mc1.6.4-1.0.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    HardcoreQuesting{The Journey (4.0.5)} [Hardcore Questing Mode] (HQM - The Journey (4.0.5).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    inventorytweaks{1.56} [Inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    IronChest{5.4.1.702} [Iron Chest] (ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.702.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    JABBA{1.1.4} [JABBA] (JABBA_1.1.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Lockdown{1.0.0} [Lockdown] (Lockdown-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MFR Compat Forestry Trees{1.0} [MFR Compat Forestry Trees] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MFR Compat Extra Trees{1.0} [MFR Compat Extra Trees] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAppliedEnergistics{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Applied Energistics] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAtum{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Atum] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBackTools{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: BackTools] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBuildCraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: BuildCraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatChococraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Chococraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatExtraBiomes{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: ExtraBiomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForestry{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Forestry] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForestryPre{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Forestry (part 2)] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForgeMicroblock{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: ForgeMicroblock] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatIC2{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: IC2] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatMystcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Mystcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatPams{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Pam's Mods] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatProjRed{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat ProjectRed] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRailcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Railcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRP2{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: RP2] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatSufficientBiomes{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Sufficient Biomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatThaumcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Thaumcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatThermalExpansion{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Thermal Expansion] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatTwilightForest{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: TwilightForest] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatVanilla{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Vanilla] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineFactoryReloaded|CompatXyCraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: XyCraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    MineTweaker{1.6.4-2.1.2} [MineTweaker] (zMineTweaker-1.6.4-2.3.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ModTweaker{0.3} [ModTweaker] (ModTweaker-1.6.4-0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|AE{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Applied Energistics] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|MiscPeripherals{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Misc Peripherals] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|ExtraBees{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Extra Bees] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|Forestry{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Forestry] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|CraftingTables{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Crafting Tables] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIAddons|ExNihilo{1.10.5.70} [NEI Addons: Ex Nihilo] (neiaddons-mc164-1.10.5.70.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    NEIPlugins{1.1.0.6} [NEI Plugins] (NEIPlugins-1.1.0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    notenoughkeys{0.0.4} [Not Enough Keys] (NotEnoughKeys-1.6.4-0.0.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenMods{0.5} [OpenMods] (OpenModsLib-0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    OpenBlocks{1.2.8} [OpenBlocks] (OpenBlocks-1.2.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    PneumaticCraft{1.1.4e} [PneumaticCraft] (PneumaticCraft 1.1.4f.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Redstone Arsenal{1.0.0.0} [Redstone Arsenal] (RedstoneArsenal-1.0.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    AS_Ruins{11.0} [Ruins Spawning System] (Ruins_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    simplyjetpacks{0.3.1} [Simply Jetpacks] (SimplyJetpacks-0.3.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    SpecialMobs{3.0} [Special Mobs] (SpecialMobs 3.0 for MC 1.6.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    SpiceOfLife{1.0.3c} [The Spice of Life] (SpiceOfLife-mc1.6.4-1.0.3c.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    StevesDrought{4} [Steve's Drought] (Steve's Drought 4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    StevesFactoryManager{A83} [Steve's Factory Manager] (StevesFactoryManagerA83.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    Sync{2.2.3} [Sync] (Sync2.2.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TSteelworks{1.6.4-0.0.4.2-fix2} [Tinkers' Steelworks] (TSteelworks-mc1.6.4_0.0.4.2-fix2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TiCTooltips{1.1.8} [TiC Tooltips] (TiCTooltips-mc1.6.4-1.1.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TMechworks{33.c001660} [Tinkers' Mechworks] (TMechworks_mc1.6.4_0.1.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    AS_UpdateCheck{1.1.1} [AtomicStryker Update Check Mod] (UpdateCheckerMod_1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    WailaHarvestability{1.0.3} [Waila Harvestability] (WailaHarvestability-mc1.6.4-1.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    mod_ZanMinimap{0.9.4} [Zan's Minimap] (ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ZAMod{v1.9.3} [Zombie Awareness] (Zombie Awareness v1.9.3 Mod for MC v1.6.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    McMultipart{1.0.0.219} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    IguanaTweaksTConstruct{1.6.X-1.0.3)} [TiC Tweaks] (tictweaks-1.6.4-1.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    ForgeMicroblock{1.0.0.219} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
    TConstruct Environment: Sane and ready for action. Bugs may be reported.
    Ender-Quarry Relfection Code:: No problems here
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 461 (25816 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 187 (10472 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['zuiko'/13, l='CrashLanding112b', x=265.21, y=59.00, z=265.91]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Has anyone tried the Heated Redstone generator? It seems like the way to go, but I am a little worried I'm just not going to have enough redstone (I have almost half a barrel atm and not a lot to use it on).

I am sure once I get a Big Reactor up and running I won't have too many problems. Probably need to find a way to increase dust sifting to make sure I always have enough Yellorium, but that's not really an issue since Autonomous Activators don't take power. But, until then, what should I use?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, those of you WITH a Big Reactor, do Actively Cooled reactors seem at all viable? I am pretty sure that much water is totally unsustainable in this game. But I could be wrong. I'd LOVE to hear if anyone has had success in that area. And as for a Passively Cooled reactor, what are your thoughts for coolant? Destabilized Redstone or Gelied Cryotrium?

I went from survivalist to TNT to Big Reactor. The heated redstone I have used in another pack and it is a great generator - the fuel consumption was much lower than I expected - I would have went for that over TNT but it has a more advanced circuit than i could make at the time. And then by the time I could make it I could make a (simple) big reactor. Mine is just water cooled - not sure it makes much of a difference over air cooled but it looks better. Cryotheum is great if you can get it - but it is a grind to get enough to fill up a decent sized reactor - and not necessary really unless you have multiple fuel rods and want to extract the most power you can get out of it. I have a single rod (5 blocks tall) surrounded by water and use the rednet port to limit the rods to 75% - they are never less than 75% inserted - and it goes all the way up to 100% inserted if I don't need the power. That way I don't ever burn much over 1000 degrees which is a key to fuel efficiency I guess and plenty of power for my purposes right now.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Still no wheat though. The RNG is owning me right now. I literally have every other seed in the game aside from that one (and lightning seeds). I just want some peanut butter and jam sandwiches. :(
I just wanted to make sure you know that you can make bread with grains other than wheat. The recipe is more expensive, but it shouldn't be a major issue to make the bread for your sandwiches with rice.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a question for everyone. What are you doing for mid-game power (aka, before Big Reactors?) I find that my power needs FAR outstrip my ability to generate power in the long run. Moment to moment, I am fine. I have a TNT generator going, 16 Survivalist generators, two Reactant Dynamos, and and a couple of Ender Generators that are powered when I can afford it (I have basically built all the things I need Ender pearls for ever, so all the extras just go to making power).

I tried the High-Temp Furnace generator, and that's just not sustainable (though it was REALLY useful cause I had almost a barrel of coal...and so I used it all up filling a bunch of batteries). It just takes WAY more coal/charcoal than I feel I can reasonably generate.

I have 5 reactant dynamos powering my grinder/auto-spawner. These run constantly without ever needing maintenance. I can run my auto-spawner non-stop.

As far as powering my TE Machines, I just have 2 heated redstone generators with a magma crucible in between them set to output to the left and right that I manually throw redstone dust into whenever I need some power. The magma crucible makes destabilized redstone and splits it evenly into the 2 generators and each 100mb runs at 320 RF/t for a little over 4 minutes. I don't feel the need to just dump redstone into the magma crucble automatically or anything cause it will just consistently eat redstone even when power Is not needed. There is no way to disable the generators, so I like to just keep it manual. I have 2 full resonate energy cells and hardly ever use power as it is. So whenever I do need a boost in power, I can just throw in an even number of pieces of redstone for 4 minutes of 640 RF/t per 200mb. As far as getting an infinite supply of redstone, I spawn witches in my auto-spawner.

My harvester/planter are just powered with 3 furnace generators. I have it setup so giant jungle trees are chopped down, wood goes into an array of furnaces to be smelted into charcoal, charcoal gets auto fed into the furnace generators, and all the extra charcoal gets crafted into charcoal blocks. I have about 50 stacks of charcoal blocks at this time. 2 furnace generators is enough for oak/birch/spruce tree farms, but if you go for the giant jungle trees, 2 furnace generators can't keep up with all the harvesting.

While you might think you need a ton of yellorium for a big reactor, you really don't, cause you can reprocess cyanite into bluetonium and use that as a fuel as well. So basically, every ingot of yellorium can be used twice. I mean, unless you are going for some crazy huge sized reactor, then you would need a lot of fuel. Passively cooled reactors are probably the best way to go. I prefer liquid enderium but gelid cryotheim is definitely the best way to go.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I may regret starting a project using these blocks.....
2014-08-25_22.43.52.png

Reactions: Pyure

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
By the time I got to the end of the posts, all the questions were answered. I'll second the fact that the heated redstone is a pretty efficient generator but you shouldn't trust it for all power needs. Gelid cryotheum is the best coolant. there's a google docs file out there somewhere that shows all the sizes/coolants to use. I used to use resonant ender but later versions of big reactors made cryo a better coolant. I stay away from active primarilly cause of the lag it causes my machine. I've never had any memory issues with this pack ever. it's lightweight in comparison to agskies, etc. No magic mods (i.e. tc4) means it runs nice and smooth here. for some reason, I run TC4 and everything bogs down.

I also use the reactant dynamo with sludge and gunpowder to start, then switch to mob essence / gun powder, and I've had good success running EVERYTHING off of that. Big reactors just is something to do at that point, tho I've never needed the extra juice for much until you start looking at mining lasers. Shin Sekai's setup sounds to me as just about perfect. It's probably how I will be doing my setup when I come back and actually play. Each time I start again, I get lured to the cities again and start fighting with piggies. I do it for the bacon. that's what I keep telling myself.

Once you setup a good sieving setup with some barrels, then AE, you really never have a need for resources ever again. If you do, make more! :) In my last setup, I went completely nuts and had multiple cobble gens (extra utils) feeding a horde of barrels, mostly all upgraded to 8192 stacks, feeding pulverizers, a huge soul sand setup, and about 16-20 sets of AA's and sieves doing a dedicated task of a certain # of type going into a giant AE system. I usually setup my barrels ahead of time knowing I'll hook up storage busses to them so all I got to do is get to AE and hook them up and even without disks, I have a huge network of resources already ready. It looks funky but it works. Now I'm using SFM to put stuff into barrels from a central location and I run 2 columns of barrels with SFM left/right of each ceiling to floor. all around a room, usually 27x27 or so. if I need more, I build down and extend. I look to do everything I make as extensible in a direction somehow so I don't ever have to break things down or move them.

Add a chunkloader (chickenchunks or dimensional anchors). I'm a fan of Chicken, but I agree with previous poster that there has been issues in the past, so DA might be the better choice. AE and TE both have serious issues when they aren't chunkloaded.

Use aromabackup, even if you don't want to cheat. set it to 24 hours and each time you save/exit, and start again, it'll make a backup. Use this only for restoring from world corruption or something that you didn't cause yourself. Don't tell anyone here and don't be judged. :) I've been bitten not only in this pack but others and I live by that tool now.

As far as mob spawns where they shouldn't be. we've been looking into this and consensus is we think Iskandar is actually an alias for Eyamaz and he's just playing us. :) Soylent green is pig zombie![DOUBLEPOST=1409033191][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know, I may regret starting a project using these blocks.....
View attachment 12631
ROFL! do they cause heat? Those things drive me nuts. Everytime I see them I think things are catching fire everywhere.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
By the time I got to the end of the posts, all the questions were answered. I'll second the fact that the heated redstone is a pretty efficient generator but you shouldn't trust it for all power needs. Gelid cryotheum is the best coolant. there's a google docs file out there somewhere that shows all the sizes/coolants to use. I used to use resonant ender but later versions of big reactors made cryo a better coolant. I stay away from active primarilly cause of the lag it causes my machine. I've never had any memory issues with this pack ever. it's lightweight in comparison to agskies, etc. No magic mods (i.e. tc4) means it runs nice and smooth here. for some reason, I run TC4 and everything bogs down.

I also use the reactant dynamo with sludge and gunpowder to start, then switch to mob essence / gun powder, and I've had good success running EVERYTHING off of that. Big reactors just is something to do at that point, tho I've never needed the extra juice for much until you start looking at mining lasers. Shin Sekai's setup sounds to me as just about perfect. It's probably how I will be doing my setup when I come back and actually play. Each time I start again, I get lured to the cities again and start fighting with piggies. I do it for the bacon. that's what I keep telling myself.

Once you setup a good sieving setup with some barrels, then AE, you really never have a need for resources ever again. If you do, make more! :) In my last setup, I went completely nuts and had multiple cobble gens (extra utils) feeding a horde of barrels, mostly all upgraded to 8192 stacks, feeding pulverizers, a huge soul sand setup, and about 16-20 sets of AA's and sieves doing a dedicated task of a certain # of type going into a giant AE system. I usually setup my barrels ahead of time knowing I'll hook up storage busses to them so all I got to do is get to AE and hook them up and even without disks, I have a huge network of resources already ready. It looks funky but it works. Now I'm using SFM to put stuff into barrels from a central location and I run 2 columns of barrels with SFM left/right of each ceiling to floor. all around a room, usually 27x27 or so. if I need more, I build down and extend. I look to do everything I make as extensible in a direction somehow so I don't ever have to break things down or move them.

Add a chunkloader (chickenchunks or dimensional anchors). I'm a fan of Chicken, but I agree with previous poster that there has been issues in the past, so DA might be the better choice. AE and TE both have serious issues when they aren't chunkloaded.

Use aromabackup, even if you don't want to cheat. set it to 24 hours and each time you save/exit, and start again, it'll make a backup. Use this only for restoring from world corruption or something that you didn't cause yourself. Don't tell anyone here and don't be judged. :) I've been bitten not only in this pack but others and I live by that tool now.

As far as mob spawns where they shouldn't be. we've been looking into this and consensus is we think Iskandar is actually an alias for Eyamaz and he's just playing us. :) Soylent green is pig zombie![DOUBLEPOST=1409033191][/DOUBLEPOST]
ROFL! do they cause heat? Those things drive me nuts. Everytime I see them I think things are catching fire everywhere.
No, no heat. I'm more concerned about the lag if I use a large number of them..... for now they've been taken down and are safely stowed away in a chest. I went browsing through the chisel blocks looking for something a bit interesting that didn't require iron....... and well, I think I'll pass on animated blocks that emit particles.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the tips guys! :D

Think I am going to upgrade all my batteries to Resonant and just go a little crazy with the Heated Redstone! Thanks again!

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to make sure you know that you can make bread with grains other than wheat. The recipe is more expensive, but it shouldn't be a major issue to make the bread for your sandwiches with rice.
I...FUUUUUUUUUUUU. I've been living like a peasant on these morsels when I could of been eating my PB&Jam sandwiches like a king! No matter though I know for next time. I did manage to get a seed after an hour of tilling so I've got that going for me now I guess.

Thanks for letting me know.

Holy crap I almost just died. I was looking at recipes for bread then decided to make a coffee and a chat with my housemates. I forgot I wasn't in the escape menu and came back to 4% water. 12+ bottles of water later and I am sitting pretty. So glad my first priority was setting up an automatic water station, without all those spare bottles I would of been a goner. No way was I going to find my 3 cold water bottles I have been saving from the start in time lol.

I'm with you on Aroma DoomSquirter. After I died a couple of times to bugs I got pretty mad and tried to find a solution. I am so glad I had it when I went afk and those Zombies spawned inside my base next to me. After spending two irl days putting the engine back on the ship and laying out the inside in a symmetrical way I would have been extra mad.
I don't use it if it's my own mistake (such as going afk and dying of dehydration lol) but I do use it for game bugs. Thankfully I haven't made any irreparable mistakes this world. :)

If it's a known issue that monsters are spawning weird then I can live with that. So far there haven't been any serious bugs aside from that.

Last edited:

Redmicrowave

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give a good example of what type of food i should be using for mid game?

It just seems im making food alot more than i want to.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give a good example of what type of food i should be using for mid game?

It just seems im making food alot more than i want to.
Most people go with jelly sandwiches, but I really like stuffed eggplant (very easy), stuffed pepper, meaty stew, and garlic chicken for my mid-game choices. You really only need 2 different food types to rotate between when you are dealing with stuff that fills 3-4 haunches.

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
No one seems to have mentioned the one actual use for the high golem. It drops scorched bricks when it dies. You can get the spawn egg for it without ever visiting the city. Poke-ball the sucker, spawn it, grind it, and suddenly you have a very pretty max sized High Oven... No city visit necessary. (You can get it with your first machine frame if you really want, though you should have your grinder/spawner built first probably.)

Next, dump cobble into your high oven from a XU node, pour seared bricks, build a smeltery.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, I can see the nerf bat aiming already.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
you can get those anyway they all come to you and i never said do it at night or not to build a wall. i said why do it the first night. a pit trap will give you the same ammount of "supplies" and with less time spent the first day.

Pit trap doesn't extend your safe working area. Putting in the trench means having enough dust to sieve dust all night long which means more iron, more bonemeal, more glowstone, etc. Putting in the wall means everything you wanted to do during the day instead you can do at night. Why save time during the day if you're not going to have anything to do besides twiddle your thumbs at night? Trench and wall first day means you have something to do all night long, and allows you to do the tree work you wanted to get done during the day.

I prefer the trench+wall+1x1 pits at corners/ends of trench method because it allows me to keep working on something 24x7.

I guess the part I'm missing is why you place more importance on trees than on better defense the first day. Two trees get me my tools and I don't need any more of them until I have shears.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I went from survivalist to TNT to Big Reactor. The heated redstone I have used in another pack and it is a great generator - the fuel consumption was much lower than I expected - I would have went for that over TNT but it has a more advanced circuit than i could make at the time. And then by the time I could make it I could make a (simple) big reactor. Mine is just water cooled - not sure it makes much of a difference over air cooled but it looks better. Cryotheum is great if you can get it - but it is a grind to get enough to fill up a decent sized reactor - and not necessary really unless you have multiple fuel rods and want to extract the most power you can get out of it. I have a single rod (5 blocks tall) surrounded by water and use the rednet port to limit the rods to 75% - they are never less than 75% inserted - and it goes all the way up to 100% inserted if I don't need the power. That way I don't ever burn much over 1000 degrees which is a key to fuel efficiency I guess and plenty of power for my purposes right now.

You could use resonant ender if you want something easy that is better than water. No shortage of ender pearls in this pack. :) Like water you just need to put the source block at the top and let it flow down.

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

I use a server that is always running to play on this mod pack and I am having a strange "semi-loaded" chunk use while I am offline...
I don't have any sort of chunk loader on the moment but every machine/generator seems to keep running when nobody is connected. However the trees stop growing and the mobs don't spawn anymore...
The problem is that my reactant dynamos and my survivalist generators stop working because they are not supplied anymore with mob essence/gunpowder/charcoal after some time...
I could probably fix that by installing some sort of chunk loader or created a bigger buffer to keep my generators supplied but what I find strange is that everything keeps running when the chunks should normally be unloaded...
Someone else noticed this?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Pit trap doesn't extend your safe working area. Putting in the trench means having enough dust to sieve dust all night long which means more iron, more bonemeal, more glowstone, etc. Putting in the wall means everything you wanted to do during the day instead you can do at night. Why save time during the day if you're not going to have anything to do besides twiddle your thumbs at night? Trench and wall first day means you have something to do all night long, and allows you to do the tree work you wanted to get done during the day.

I prefer the trench+wall+1x1 pits at corners/ends of trench method because it allows me to keep working on something 24x7.

I guess the part I'm missing is why you place more importance on trees than on better defense the first day. Two trees get me my tools and I don't need any more of them until I have shears.
and i am saying if all you are doing the first night is sieve why does it matter how much "safe working area you have" the first night. you can wait till the 2nd day. this will allow you time to get string going the first day and set up for sieving all night. I mean YOU WILL be inside sieving all night. Your not going to be outside till after you get your furnace on the first night regardless of which of if you have a wall or not. they will not throw them self out of the pit because they can't see you. If you wanted better defenses the first day then the best one would be digging the under part of your base out and deep enough to grow trees trees down there. Much safer and not even spiders can get you.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

I use a server that is always running to play on this mod pack and I am having a strange "semi-loaded" chunk use while I am offline...
I don't have any sort of chunk loader on the moment but every machine/generator seems to keep running when nobody is connected. However the trees stop growing and the mobs don't spawn anymore...
The problem is that my reactant dynamos and my survivalist generators stop working because they are not supplied anymore with mob essence/gunpowder/charcoal after some time...
I could probably fix that by installing some sort of chunk loader or created a bigger buffer to keep my generators supplied but what I find strange is that everything keeps running when the chunks should normally be unloaded...
Someone else noticed this?

A 16x16 chunk area centered on the world spawn is kept loaded by minecraft as Spawn chunks. These chunks are loaded, and run tick events, but NOT random ticks. This means that machines keep on working, but trees and crops - the basis of power in most 'infinite resources' setups - don't grow.

Two ways to fix the problem are to
1. use chunkloaders, that "properly" load the chunks to support random ticking events that drive crop and tree growth.
2. use /setworldspawn as an OP / admin to move the world spawn far enough away that it no longer interferes.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
and i am saying if all you are doing the first night is sieve why does it matter how much "safe working area you have" the first night. you can wait till the 2nd day. this will allow you time to get string going the first day and set up for sieving all night. I mean YOU WILL be inside sieving all night. Your not going to be outside till after you get your furnace on the first night regardless of which of if you have a wall or not. they will not throw them self out of the pit because they can't see you. If you wanted better defenses the first day then the best one would be digging the under part of your base out and deep enough to grow trees trees down there. Much safer and not even spiders can get you.

Why would I get string going? I don't need it for anything. I can sieve all night or I can grow trees, either way having the wall/trench up gives me options, doesn't it, options I don't have if I'm trapped in the ship with no dust. Again it comes down to me not understanding your priorities. Many trees before shears? Don't get it. String? Don't get it. What do you want string for? A bow? I'd rather use the needlegun. A bed/sleeping bag? I don't use either of those early on because I want maximum mob drops when morning comes. Another sieve? No point, I only have one activator.

Seems kind of silly to grow trees under the ship when you'd have to light all of that. You also don't have elevator blocks yet so you're talking a block staircase or spending wood on ladders/stairs. Lot of work when I can just plant 2 trees out front and another 2 on top of the ship.

I really don't understand why you have a problem with the ditch/wall when so many have proven it to work so well. The only reasons you've provided so far are string I don't need and trees I'm not ready to make the most of. If/when you manage to show me exactly why I should change methods I'll do so in the next version. :)

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019

I've played every version of this pack, and restarted to take a look at what was changed with any major update even if not required. I just don't have the patience to sieve all night long. The last few version I've never made my furnace from sieving. At the some point in the beginning I end up sieving at points just to get enough redstone / glowstone or iron dust for something I need to make.

There is no ONE AND ONLY WAY to get things done. Something might be a bit better, but if every one enjoys what they're doing then it's all good.