[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so this is something new to me, ive never had a memory issue since the botched v7 of the FTB Mindcrack pack.
While i dont have any screenshots right now, because i closed the program to prevent it crashing my system, it appears this pack (or is it the game/java itself?) suffers from a horrendous memory leak. (the reason i suggest pack, is because i run Serendipity Unlimited on the Technic Launcher which has no qualm with running on 4gb memory, having more than 2x the mods of this pack, i do not get memory issues there and i also use a 128x128 texturepack that has textures for roughly 75% of the mods.)
My FTB Jre setting is and always has had 4GB (1/2) of my system memory reserved for it, though ive noticed after a few hours of play that the java application in the Windows Task Manager is reading well over 5.4GB in memory consumption, pushing my system over 95% ram usage (at idle, its barely 7-15% while a freshly loaded instance pushes this to approx 40%)
At this point, if i continue to play the game begins to stutter horribly - so i have no choice but to restart a fresh instance of minecraft.

The only thing in this pack that i can think of that would cause this prob is the TE item ducts back stuffing
so if you are using item ducts check to see if they are getting back stuffed. If so creat a dence loop back into the input chest

Olivj

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Chris for your reply!
I never had that "problem" before because usually I don't build right on spawn...
The area affected seemed quite large, definitely more than 1 chunk, so I did not think it was the spawn chunk.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Chris for your reply!
I never had that "problem" before because usually I don't build right on spawn...
The area affected seemed quite large, definitely more than 1 chunk, so I did not think it was the spawn chunk.

The effected area should be 12 chunks by 12 chunks, or 192 blocks by 192 blocks.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
I've played every version of this pack, and restarted to take a look at what was changed with any major update even if not required. I just don't have the patience to sieve all night long. The last few version I've never made my furnace from sieving. At the some point in the beginning I end up sieving at points just to get enough redstone / glowstone or iron dust for something I need to make.

There is no ONE AND ONLY WAY to get things done. Something might be a bit better, but if every one enjoys what they're doing then it's all good.
if you dont make a furnace by the end of first night you are doing something wrong... sometimes i can even get a stone hammer and a slab furnace by the end of the first night

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Oh how devious! A single big reactor building does not give enough reactor glass for my standard 7x7x7 reactor, I am missing like 10 pieces.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Oh how devious! A single big reactor building does not give enough reactor glass for my standard 7x7x7 reactor, I am missing like 10 pieces.

7x7x7 is the reactor with the 5 rods in an x, right? This is the setup I am looking at doing.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
7x7x7 is the reactor with the 5 rods in an x, right? This is the setup I am looking at doing.
That one yes, except this time I am going to use liquid redstone, because it looks better :)

But the control rod blocks are really expensive, might start with a single fuel rod

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again guys. The recipe for the Grinder (MFR machine) is bugged? Is it? I have all the components and it doesn't let me craft it. Wtf?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again guys. The recipe for the Grinder (MFR machine) is bugged? Is it? I have all the components and it doesn't let me craft it. Wtf?
If it needs a book (can't tell from the top of my head) make sure its a vanilla book (ID 340? no meta data).

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
The city ones are fine. If you have a normal one in your inventory when the "bad" city ones are picked up, they will unify with the "good" book.

This works even if you've already picked up the bad ones (340:5 and 340:7 if I am not mistaken), so long as you have a single good one (340). Just drop all your bad ones on the ground, have the single (or more) good one in your inventory, pick up the rest, and BAM, works like a charm.

On this note, there are a few questions that get asked a LOT in this thread. The book question, the grout question, and I am sure there are others that my sleep addled brain can't remember atm. Maybe put a FAQ in the front post, big and bold. I don't mind helping the new people, but it might save people who don't search the thread a lot of time.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints onto how to fix the Skin issue of this pack?
First couple days i didn't mind, but it begins to get on my nerves :/

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
On this note, there are a few questions that get asked a LOT in this thread. The book question, the grout question, and I am sure there are others that my sleep addled brain can't remember atm. Maybe put a FAQ in the front post, big and bold. I don't mind helping the new people, but it might save people who don't search the thread a lot of time.
+1

I second this. This thread is 42% FAQ. Including to a lesser degree Mohrad's skin inquiry (which I don't have an answer to but iirc is related to a specific mod in the pack)

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
+1

I second this. This thread is 42% FAQ. Including to a lesser degree Mohrad's skin inquiry (which I don't have an answer to but iirc is related to a specific mod in the pack)

It seems to be caused by Enviromine.
I am tracking Bug reports on it at the repository but the author seems not to know what causes it, yet.

It's easy to disable said mod, but I do not like to alter the themed packs.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be caused by Enviromine.
I am tracking Bug reports on it at the repository but the author seems not to know what causes it, yet.

It's easy to disable said mod, but I do not like to alter the themed packs.
Enviromine is a key mod to disable justfor asthetic reasons.