[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
So i decided to start a new world and enable every single mod in this modpack, after i was safe food and water wise, one day i was trying to clear the alive mobs so i can collect the drops and some mob moved me next to other mobs and died, like mobs holding rods do, but noone was holding a rod. was that a bug or does any of these mobs have the ability to teleport me ?
it probably was a baby zombie / normal zombie with fishing rod...

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
mobGriefing is off in my world but it's the explosions from when they drop the creeper seeds that destroy the ducts, covers and conveyer belts. It's an issue with PneumaticCraft.
Ahmergerd! Landstryder! :eek:
Was just watching your vid on this pack haha, a part of me wanted you to start over, so I can watch you scavenging the city for parts of your smeltery :d
I feel like i just won the game
Nz4R5KL.png
Well, with wheat you can get bread/toast but remember you need to cycle your food :d
Oh and water :D

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
To those having trouble keeping cool during the day or while standing near generators or machines, I suggest wearing diamond armor. I've got just the helmet and legs and it makes a pretty good difference. I don't heat stroke nearly as much at all now.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
<snip>
Vanilla Minecraft mechanic introduced in one of the snapshots for what became 1.6. A player hitting a zombie has a chance of spawning additional zombies in a certain proximity; these zombies are already aggro to the player when they spawn.
ha! and I learned something new! thanks! I have never known that and I always thought that sometimes zombies showed up out of thin air too. :)

thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1408728259][/DOUBLEPOST]
mobGriefing is off in my world but it's the explosions from when they drop the creeper seeds that destroy the ducts, covers and conveyer belts. It's an issue with PneumaticCraft.
Yup. and it'll do that just to those items you described. Blocks seem unaffected by this. And as I stated, SFM seems to be immune as well as enderIO.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
To those having trouble keeping cool during the day or while standing near generators or machines, I suggest wearing diamond armor. I've got just the helmet and legs and it makes a pretty good difference. I don't heat stroke nearly as much at all now.

Yep, working on that now, but after almost three stacks of gravel, I don't have any diamonds... And only 1 emerald. Seems the ol' RNG isn't my friend (yet).

I did get 4 pieces of nickle though, so I'm getting closer to invar. And the rest of the compound is looking sharp, so it's almost time to head to the/a city.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
The map is a template map, the mod lockdown ensures that when you create a new world, you get the template back. So no more need to download the map. There may be some lets plays on youtube that use the older map (smaller shuttle).

The saplings you receive as quest rewards as soon as you pick easy or hard mode (the question marks).

The ready made sync constructor is only available after choosing easy mode.
Ah, that would explain everything, thanks.
Another question: Which seed is better: Tea or coffee?

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Tea is simpler, I think. Coffee can be smelted as well but I think you need to add sugar and/or milk, whereas you just smelt tea leaves to get a snack. Unless coffee adds some silly/awesome debuff :p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yep, working on that now, but after almost three stacks of gravel, I don't have any diamonds... And only 1 emerald. Seems the ol' RNG isn't my friend (yet).

I did get 4 pieces of nickle though, so I'm getting closer to invar. And the rest of the compound is looking sharp, so it's almost time to head to the/a city.
Once you get to using gravel, you can help your early game to hammer the created 2x2 ore and get bonus ores and such. I've created SFM setups, cyclics, all sorts to do this automatically. I think in this play I might just throw everything in a smeltery tho cause of all the time it takes to make those setups. Haven't decided, but early game tho when you have little, yeah it helps.

Yeah, RNG for diamonds/emeralds sucks. Sometimes you get some right away, sometimes nope. I use the activator you get as quest reward to constantly sift dust and collect into water while I'm doing things. Will come back, turn it off and sift gravel after I've got stones to use, then work on cobblegen (now I do set one up somewhat early).

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get to using gravel, you can help your early game to hammer the created 2x2 ore and get bonus ores and such. I've created SFM setups, cyclics, all sorts to do this automatically. I think in this play I might just throw everything in a smeltery tho cause of all the time it takes to make those setups. Haven't decided, but early game tho when you have little, yeah it helps.

Yeah, RNG for diamonds/emeralds sucks. Sometimes you get some right away, sometimes nope. I use the activator you get as quest reward to constantly sift dust and collect into water while I'm doing things. Will come back, turn it off and sift gravel after I've got stones to use, then work on cobblegen (now I do set one up somewhat early).

Yeah, the transfer node... Cobble aplenty.

I have the sifter running full time. I managed to move it outside and use the water stream by the ship/hopper/chest combo. Got a "magical" combination of two half slabs placed through random trial and error and so far not a single item has missed the hopper (knocking on wood!).

I haven't been saving my ores at all. Got just about enough gold to make the BOH and I think I have just about the rest of my city raiding gear.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that would explain everything, thanks.
Another question: Which seed is better: Tea or coffee?
Tea gives regen, coffee gives jumping.... They both give 30 second buffs, tea gives well fed (minor regen) while coffee gives a jump boost. Not a hard choice on my part

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a 20k RF/t big reactor, but I need tons of yellorium, which I get from the mfr laser drill, which needs 20k RF/t to run at full power.
Guess I need to sift a few hundred stacks of dust. Time to make a few dozen AAs and either some ender quarries or a lot of drones to mine the world.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So i decided to start a new world and enable every single mod in this modpack, after i was safe food and water wise, one day i was trying to clear the alive mobs so i can collect the drops and some mob moved me next to other mobs and died, like mobs holding rods do, but noone was holding a rod. was that a bug or does any of these mobs have the ability to teleport me ?
Likely a thief enderman. They teleport players on hit.