[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I turned my health regen back to 2% and installed FatherToast's Natural Absorption mod to be my energy shield.

Now I'm stuck at 2 hearts and things keep spawning in my base and poking me whenever I've actually healed some. Damn you, skun! You curse me with baby zombies when you aren't here and then burn me when you are!

I really need to get ancient spores and a diamond/emerald or something. If I can't get a potion of regeneration, this is gonna be a long road to recovery ._.[DOUBLEPOST=1408694301][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know what you mean by zombie reinforcement mechanic. but you do make a good point. Although, in my current 1.1.2 I don't think I've setup mob spawn area yet and I still got incursions. saw 2-3 skels and some zombies. watched them POOF into existence right where there was a ton of light. In my test, making all the ground TE metal blocks (ferrous in my case), they couldn't spawn.
Vanilla Minecraft mechanic introduced in one of the snapshots for what became 1.6. A player hitting a zombie has a chance of spawning additional zombies in a certain proximity; these zombies are already aggro to the player when they spawn.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I was leisurely working in my compound the other night, when I got hit by an arrow!

As I turned to look around I just saw a glimpse of an armoured skeleton riding a ghast! That was quite a shock. Fortunately it only took 2 arrows to shoot the ghast out from under the skeleton, followed by a satisfyingly crunchy sound when the skeletin bit the dust, good times!

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be experimenting with Utility Mobs and Archimedes Ship mods on the weekends. Just wished the turrets required some power so you can't just spam them as defense.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an alternative to vaccum hoppers? couse i need one for auto sieving and i cant find any enderbutts at night

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing version 1.1.2 but I noticed that I didn't start with any saplings and that the map looks way different than in the let's plays on youtube. When I downloaded the pack, there already was a map in the "saves" folder and creating a new world created the exact same map but I still wasn't able to find a sapling anywhere. Furthermore there's no sync shell and when I died in the first night, it was a Vanilla hardcore death and it wouldn't let me respawn.
Help?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing version 1.1.2 but I noticed that I didn't start with any saplings and that the map looks way different than in the let's plays on youtube. When I downloaded the pack, there already was a map in the "saves" folder and creating a new world created the exact same map but I still wasn't able to find a sapling anywhere. Furthermore there's no sync shell and when I died in the first night, it was a Vanilla hardcore death and it wouldn't let me respawn.
Help?

The map is a template map, the mod lockdown ensures that when you create a new world, you get the template back. So no more need to download the map. There may be some lets plays on youtube that use the older map (smaller shuttle).

The saplings you receive as quest rewards as soon as you pick easy or hard mode (the question marks).

The ready made sync constructor is only available after choosing easy mode.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be experimenting with Utility Mobs and Archimedes Ship mods on the weekends. Just wished the turrets required some power so you can't just spam them as defense.

I didn't have much luck with turrets in B&B. They don't last long vs. archers. Need a placement method where they can't be hit by return fire unless you want to replace them all the time.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like i just won the game
Nz4R5KL.png

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
So I've got my first episode up on YouTube that includes the Ender IO configs. I'm also showing off the SFM magic chef program I made that manages the farm, and crafts all the food I'll ever need for the rest of series.

Enjoy!

The Ender IO conduits and facades are going to fix the issues I've been having with my mob grinder. The explosions from when creeper drop seeds will break covers and TE duct and conduits, but Ender IO parts have enough hardness to to not be effected. I really hope that it makes it in to the 1.1.3 version .
Nice job with the EnderIO configs, I really hope Iskander will add the mod to the default pack. Now just to get the machines built that I can actually start using the conduits. (Darn, the recipes are expensive ... and that is not meant to be a complaint. :))

Your SFM program looks also really impressive. Must have taken hours to put it together and get everything working correctly.

Reactions: Landstryder

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about cities:

I found one that had a path leading into some sort of mazzy basement

Can anyone spoil me what is in there? I finnaly made it back from two city alive (with no armors btw ;) looted 2 tinkers and 2 pneumaticraft on the first but no compress iron, needed to go to another city where i found the basement) and i don't want to go in there too die for nothing

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I have a question about cities:

I found one that had a path leading into some sort of mazzy basement

Can anyone spoil me what is in there? I finnaly made it back from two city alive (with no armors btw ;) looted 2 tinkers and 2 pneumaticraft on the first but no compress iron, needed to go to another city where i found the basement) and i don't want to go in there too die for nothing
Death's hand is in there. rofl

Alex Bernet

Jul 29, 2019
So i decided to start a new world and enable every single mod in this modpack, after i was safe food and water wise, one day i was trying to clear the alive mobs so i can collect the drops and some mob moved me next to other mobs and died, like mobs holding rods do, but noone was holding a rod. was that a bug or does any of these mobs have the ability to teleport me ?