[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The water is to get in and out and to prevent fall damage, I'm not certain exactly how off you guys are spawning so I like to give enough room around the cell that there is some leeway.

Not ideal if I die in my courtyard...... as my cell is basically my front yard fountain........ but by the time I get a cell my "deaths" tend to be city related.

Mike Cameron

Jul 29, 2019
I's sorry if this has already been answered but with 197 pgs and school, I don't have the time to go through all the pages. Other than all the addition and updating of mods, what's the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2? Specifically the quest book. Thanks

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who doesn't backup their save, random bugs that kill me are generally to be avoided at all costs........

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
As someone who doesn't backup their save, random bugs that kill me are generally to be avoided at all costs........
I have to. I'm a magnet for trouble. Been that way my entire life, so yeah. I backup before I get jacked up.[DOUBLEPOST=1408680768][/DOUBLEPOST]so, if I was able to make unlimited water in the world, would that be considered an exploit? You can't drink it or anything. wondering if I should tell iskandar. I guess I'll try it first. In another pack and realized something. checked CL and the config is there to allow this to be enabled, so...

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
heres a question that has been bugging me... how in the world do i get squid plant seeds the easiest? :3 so tired of making dirt and and using ink sacs :|

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
heres a question that has been bugging me... how in the world do i get squid plant seeds the easiest? :3 so tired of making dirt and and using ink sacs :|
I dunno the easiest. I make a 3x3 pool and toss a seed in, bone-meal it twice (3x tends to produce a squid). Break the plant, hope for 2-3 seeds.

For a bit faster action, I try to stand far enough back that the seed(s) sometimes re-plant, and only pick them up after i've gone through a stack of bonemeal or two.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I's sorry if this has already been answered but with 197 pgs and school, I don't have the time to go through all the pages. Other than all the addition and updating of mods, what's the difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2? Specifically the quest book. Thanks
The biggest differences are the cities added, the quests revolving around them, and the changes to some recipes (such as grout) that connect to those quests.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Is Big Reactors disabled? I went to look at the recipes for the components and I can't get the recipe for the controller in NEI.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno the easiest. I make a 3x3 pool and toss a seed in, bone-meal it twice (3x tends to produce a squid). Break the plant, hope for 2-3 seeds.

For a bit faster action, I try to stand far enough back that the seed(s) sometimes re-plant, and only pick them up after i've gone through a stack of bonemeal or two.
try diging a 2 deep hole with your planting block at the bottom then you just bonemeal twice then break. The seed stay put so no need to worry about bouncing seeds when done just hop in to colect your seeds
2014-08-22_01.38.06.png 2014-08-22_01.38.43.png this works with all seed except the flying seeds

Is Big Reactors disabled? I went to look at the recipes for the components and I can't get the recipe for the controller in NEI.
cant craft must go to the city :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever tried to cure a giant zombie villager? do they revert to normal size, or do you get a tribe of giant testificates?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Has anyone ever tried to cure a giant zombie villager? do they revert to normal size, or do you get a tribe of giant testificates?
rofl. sick mind. I did not read that as testificates. *rofl*

I've done it in another pack. they stay large and you have to contain them / cover them up in large space then they revert to normal testesficates when they change. I think that would be cool to have giant... guys running around.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
So I've got my first episode up on YouTube that includes the Ender IO configs. I'm also showing off the SFM magic chef program I made that manages the farm, and crafts all the food I'll ever need for the rest of series.

Enjoy!

The Ender IO conduits and facades are going to fix the issues I've been having with my mob grinder. The explosions from when creeper drop seeds will break covers and TE duct and conduits, but Ender IO parts have enough hardness to to not be effected. I really hope that it makes it in to the 1.1.3 version .

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
So I've got my first episode up on YouTube that includes the Ender IO configs. I'm also showing off the SFM magic chef program I made that manages the farm, and crafts all the food I'll ever need for the rest of series.

Enjoy!

The Ender IO conduits and facades are going to fix the issues I've been having with my mob grinder. The explosions from when creeper drop seeds will break covers and TE duct and conduits, but Ender IO parts have enough hardness to to not be effected. I really hope that it makes it in to the 1.1.3 version .

Creeper explosions will not be an issue in 1.1.3 as mobGriefing will be Off by default.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way that isandar or some other dev (dont know how many devs are working on this) add railcraft into this pack?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's what works.

Day 1: Starter quests to get camel pack, water, sapling. Block off pyrotheum flow. Go around the ship removing any access points to the top of the ship by either digging out 1-block spots or adding a block to make them 2 high. Dig trench, build dust wall inside trench. Dig some 4 deep 1x1 holes at the ends/corners of the trench to trap/collect mobs. Plant sapling. Enough room inside the wall for 2 trees is plenty to start with. Reduce doorway to 1-wide, then outside that put a 2x2 wall on either side so you can stand outside and then look up and attack normal/large spiders that can't get to you. Go inside and block the door with dust.

Night 1: Sift dust all night long. You want to sift dust until you have at least 24 stones. Use stones to make cobble to make slab furnace. Save ~16 dust for the morning.

Day 2: Kill any spiders with the needlegun. Go to your trench and drop 3 dust down each hole, pushing the drops from the burned mobs to the top and suffocating any still in the holes. If your tree didn't grow yet, bonemeal it till it does. Knock off 2-3 wood. Make a crook. Crook the leaves for extra saplings. Make tinker benches with the wood. Make a bone weapon---I like the frying pan early on. Do some more trees, use some of the planks to smelt some iron for shears. Shear some leaves. Make some nihilo wood barrels. Compost leaves for dirt. Use some dirt for another tree, maybe a garden by the leaking water outside.

So there you have the ability to make dirt by day 2 which can be combined with empty bottles to make dirty water which you can cook in your furnace for water bottles. Dying of thirst shouldn't be a problem.

The first 2 days are about time management. If you waste your time on non-essentials you're going to die.
That's basically what I'm doing, but I can see I'm wasting my time on getting saplings for water, that's my timesink that's stopping me from progressing.

I will restart, I'm not really in a survivable situation atm (no water, no food :p)