[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I also remember DW hating knockback on weapons and stating as much in quite a few vids. First time he tried that frying pan? Oh yeah, HE LOVES KNOCKBACK NOW! :) hehe frying pan of DOOM.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok seriously, I dig the map. Love the mechanics for the most part... the smeltery quests are a little ridiculous. I don't mind the exploration but I go searching the runes of 4 different directions and they all seem to be the same city... They all seem to be inhabited by the same thing. Zombie pigmen with bows that lag the level (due to amount of them) and kill me before I can hope to hit them. What's up with the OP mobs during the day light hours that randomly spawn in legions? is this a glitch? unlucky spawn? intended challenge to overcome?...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok seriously, I dig the map. Love the mechanics for the most part... the smeltery quests are a little ridiculous. I don't mind the exploration but I go searching the runes of 4 different directions and they all seem to be the same city... They all seem to be inhabited by the same thing. Zombie pigmen with bows that lag the level (due to amount of them) and kill me before I can hope to hit them. What's up with the OP mobs during the day light hours that randomly spawn in legions? is this a glitch? unlucky spawn? intended challenge to overcome?...
within the city there are large numbers of spawners. Outside of the city watch the light levels, "thunderstorms" still occur allowing mobs to spawn even during the day.

brett gibson

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue with 1.1.2, i am unable to use the mattock to "till" dirt to be able to plant seeds. This worked in 1.1.1, is there something that i'm doing wrong? i even tried t he vanilla hoe (which has a one time use) and it does not work either.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue with 1.1.2, i am unable to use the mattock to "till" dirt to be able to plant seeds. This worked in 1.1.1, is there something that i'm doing wrong? i even tried t he vanilla hoe (which has a one time use) and it does not work either.
Do you have a water source within range?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You need water nearby to till the dirt into farmland, otherwise you till grass blocks into dirt to get seeds.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
within the city there are large numbers of spawners. Outside of the city watch the light levels, "thunderstorms" still occur allowing mobs to spawn even during the day.

interesting, I thought he had disabled all weather? Fair enough. Where would they be though? Any particular building? or just randomly in chests?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
interesting, I thought he had disabled all weather? Fair enough. Where would they be though? Any particular building? or just randomly in chests?
It's not that the weather is disabled, it just doesn't rain. Think of it as dust clouds blocking out the sun letting the mobs spawn.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Spawners in chests? no, or at least not that I've seen. The spawners are what create that special evil that is the city, pigmen from the sky blazes and such, i don't think i've found a type of building i'd count on not finding at least one spawner in.....

yeah weather is still in the game, or at least the negative effects of the weather are :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there any way to reduce the amount of creepers being spawned every night? Dealing with 30+ creepers every morning (to get other mob drops) and having to repair damage from the unavoidable explosions (no matter how careful you are) soon loses all sense of "fun", makes a massive time waste, which is something that hurts your progression.

Had to go creative just to get a breather!

Big Kudos to those players that can do this map with no cheating, there's a very narrow line between failure and success. I think the quest system needs a "very easy mode" that just gives you more food, water + ammo stockpiles since you burn through them so fast!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is there any way to reduce the amount of creepers being spawned every night? Dealing with 30+ creepers every morning (to get other mob drops) and having to repair damage from the unavoidable explosions (no matter how careful you are) soon loses all sense of "fun", makes a massive time waste, which is something that hurts your progression.

Had to go creative just to get a breather!

Big Kudos to those players that can do this map with no cheating, there's a very narrow line between failure and success. I think the quest system needs a "very easy mode" that just gives you more food, water + ammo stockpiles since you burn through them so fast!
see page or two back. gamerule mobGriefing false. it was a mistake and will be corrected in 113.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

this will be fixed in 113 there will be more types of cities and they will be smaller which will help with lag