[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
see page or two back. gamerule mobGriefing false. it was a mistake and will be corrected in 113.
I don't mind the explosions (adds to the challenge, otherwise, there's no point in having creepers), it's just the amount of creepers is overkill.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking of trying to go to a city. Would the following idea work for pillaring up to the top of a city building - lever, drawbridge, facing up, jump on. Or is the building too tall for that.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Are the enemy spawn mechanics just completely broken in this version or is this intended? Every two or three attempts I get spawns inside my completely blocked off ship while I'm in it. Seems completely pointless to even bother to try this when enemies are able to spawn three blocks away from you and not all of your ship interior is even lit when you start.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Are the enemy spawn mechanics just completely broken in this version or is this intended? Every two or three attempts I get spawns inside my completely blocked off ship while I'm in it. Seems completely pointless to even bother to try this when enemies are able to spawn three blocks away from you and not all of your ship interior is even lit when you start.
not sure how you're getting spawns inside the ship while you're in it. I've played a LOT of this pack and have never seen that. I'd be far sooner to believe that you or a creeper has created a hole somewhere that you have yet to find.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you are attacking zombies outside from inside your ship, there's a chance one will spawn inside your ship behind you, due to that vanilla mechanic added in 1.6.

Despote

Jul 29, 2019
Well... After like 40hours of playing I was really happy to see my mobs proof base, with all those sexy enchants on me, those sexy machine and yadi yada.
No cheat. I even had clone in a sexy bunker.
But the game lagged. I had to restart my computer. The map deleted itseIf when I tryed to play on it.
So yea,
May anyone be kind enough to teach me how to do constant backup?
From reading those post I know some of you do!
Thanks you ! :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I know the reinforcements can drop from the sky, but I don't think they can randomly appear inside a closed building.........

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
not sure how you're getting spawns inside the ship while you're in it. I've played a LOT of this pack and have never seen that. I'd be far sooner to believe that you or a creeper has created a hole somewhere that you have yet to find.
I always turn off mob griefing very first thing when I start, I've seen that ugly crater around the pyrotheum that happens when you don't. It's completely 100% sealed off and I get a spawn in that single unlit square in the ship while inside it. Happens pretty often, pretty much one out of three attempts are ended by it.

I think if you are attacking zombies outside from inside your ship, there's a chance one will spawn inside your ship behind you, due to that vanilla mechanic added in 1.6.

Er, no, the ship is completely blocked off. There's no gap anywhere to even hit anything from. Think it's possible that the fire damaging the zombies would cause that, because it's all the motivation I need to just creative mode remove that stupid pyrotheum the second i start over.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I got my enderquarry going at one of the cities today. Be interesting to see what it digs up.

AAooCYr.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, I understand that I'm part of the influx of new players who are only here due to DireWolf20 and Pahimar doing crash landing...

200 pages on the topic, wow. Lots of reading.

Is envirmental damage toggled off in the newest?
Welcome board and such, we apologize for the kamikaze pigmen in advance.

Are you talking about creepers doing terrain damage when they explode? Its turned on currently, but Iskandar intends to turn it off for the next version. We've been given "permission" to turn it off ourselves in the meantime.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I always turn off mob griefing very first thing when I start, I've seen that ugly crater around the pyrotheum that happens when you don't. It's completely 100% sealed off and I get a spawn in that single unlit square in the ship while inside it. Happens pretty often, pretty much one out of three attempts are ended by it.

Er, no, the ship is completely blocked off. There's no gap anywhere to even hit anything from. Think it's possible that the fire damaging the zombies would cause that, because it's all the motivation I need to just creative mode remove that stupid pyrotheum the second i start over.
Are zombies taking damage from skeleton arrows? I've always experienced problems with zombies spawning inside my lit compound while I have the drowning trap active beneath the ship. I haven't tried any tests in Creative, but I think they might be spawning in midair, where the light level is lower.

naaskaii

Jul 29, 2019
Well... After like 40hours of playing I was really happy to see my mobs proof base, with all those sexy enchants on me, those sexy machine and yadi yada.
But the game lagged. I had to restart my computer. The map deleted itseIf when I tryed to play on it.
So yea,

An easy way is to download Agrarian Skies and copy the AromaBackup mod and .cfg file to Crash Landing. The configured backup schedule of Agrarian Skies is every 30 minutes.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
So yea,
Aroma backup will auto backup your game and in the config you can specify how many backups to keep and how often it backs up.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Thinking of trying to go to a city. Would the following idea work for pillaring up to the top of a city building - lever, drawbridge, facing up, jump on. Or is the building too tall for that.
I've tried using drawbridges as an elevator before and they work but it seems wierd. Actually, you did give me an idea that seems sorta cheaty but I think would work for folks going into cities for first time. Outside city limits. Pillar up about 64 blocks or so. maybe more. Make a little wood plank base of sorts. setup an elevator below and on your planked base. face backwards, placing planks as you go towards city (what is this called, anyone?). hopefully you're above or around their level. If attacked, be sure to have glider handy. rinse repeat till you get to buildings and you can then attack them from the top to bottom w/o new things attacking you from above or spawning above you. If there are too many mobs on level below you, jump out, go as far away, go back to plank base, repeat.

This will all be moot once 113 is out and shane's changed the cities around. more buried in sand which will make this the way you actually go into cities I suppose. but yeah, I'm not looking forward to 113 :) I like the cities like they are. raining pigs.[DOUBLEPOST=1408753519][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got my enderquarry going at one of the cities today. Be interesting to see what it digs up.

AAooCYr.jpg
I'm curious what it does to spawners. does it just destroy them or skip them? If they get skipped, you are going to have ONE FUN TIME while digging in the dirt.

Reactions: Genshou

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried using drawbridges as an elevator before and they work but it seems wierd. Actually, you did give me an idea that seems sorta cheaty but I think would work for folks going into cities for first time. Outside city limits. Pillar up about 64 blocks or so. maybe more. Make a little wood plank base of sorts. setup an elevator below and on your planked base. face backwards, placing planks as you go towards city (what is this called, anyone?). hopefully you're above or around their level. If attacked, be sure to have glider handy. rinse repeat till you get to buildings and you can then attack them from the top to bottom w/o new things attacking you from above or spawning above you. If there are too many mobs on level below you, jump out, go as far away, go back to plank base, repeat.

This will all be moot once 113 is out and shane's changed the cities around. more buried in sand which will make this the way you actually go into cities I suppose. but yeah, I'm not looking forward to 113 :) I like the cities like they are. raining pigs.
I don't know what it's called either, but I prefer nice sky bridges from building to building. Let all those blazes rot on the ground while I play around on the rooftops!

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
From the minecraft wiki

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie

"Reinforcements

On Hard difficulty, Zombies can call other Zombies in the area to "help", and in a matter of seconds, more Zombies will target the player. When a zombie is damaged by another entity it will attempt to spawn one reinforcement zombie nearby (within an 80x80x80 box centered on the attacked zombie). Both the damaged zombie and the new zombie will have a reduced chance of summoning another reinforcement, so they cannot cause an infinite number of zombies to spawn, but they can multiply significantly.

Damaged zombies will also call all other nearby zombies in the area to attack, regardless of difficulty, like zombie pigmen.

These effects can be combatted by killing the zombie in as few hits as possible, by using environmental damage such as falls or lava, or by ignoring them."

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Are zombies taking damage from skeleton arrows? I've always experienced problems with zombies spawning inside my lit compound while I have the drowning trap active beneath the ship. I haven't tried any tests in Creative, but I think they might be spawning in midair, where the light level is lower.
outside of testing, each of my incursions that were danger close were of this type. They spawned (I think) in air, and landed on something (smeltery, compression chamber). Again, another time I had one in ship that I think was caused by a 1x1 space I forgot to light up. that was a creeper and it nearly killed me. Others were zombies.

during testing tho, I sat on my perch above ship. looked around as it went to night and about 100 clicks out, just beyond my initial walls, I saw a giant skel and a zombie and a spider all spawn at points outside first set of walls but inside my larger set but entire area was lit. Change the floor to TE metal? That stopped. so, they are ignoring light levels at some point but not ignoring the non spawnable blocks (i.e. TE metal blocks or planks) During testing tho, no spawns inside ship and the only time I had spawn inside ship was because of that 1x1 space (which I think is what is getting to people).

Again, I widen my walls to a point where I don't hear the moaning anymore pretty early on so maybe this too is what's getting people. What would be interesting to hear from are the people that don't believe in walls and if they ever have these situations occur.[DOUBLEPOST=1408754283][/DOUBLEPOST]
From the minecraft wiki

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie

"Reinforcements

On Hard difficulty, Zombies can call other Zombies in the area to "help", and in a matter of seconds, more Zombies will target the player. When a zombie is damaged by another entity it will attempt to spawn one reinforcement zombie nearby (within an 80x80x80 box centered on the attacked zombie). Both the damaged zombie and the new zombie will have a reduced chance of summoning another reinforcement, so they cannot cause an infinite number of zombies to spawn, but they can multiply significantly.

Damaged zombies will also call all other nearby zombies in the area to attack, regardless of difficulty, like zombie pigmen.

These effects can be combatted by killing the zombie in as few hits as possible, by using environmental damage such as falls or lava, or by ignoring them."
Ok, so here's a question that pertains to mods tho, not vanilla. Does the grinder act as if the player is attacking the zombie? If so, that would start explaining this a bit. My fall trap, not so much since that's manual and what I start with before I get power handled and then move on to my huge mob kill rooms which give me the power (essence, drops). If the grinder can set off the reinforcement part, that might make sense of the whole thing.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Notice, though, that the wiki lacks information like whether or not the summons can spawn in light or ignore the anti-spawning radius around players. I'm really curious if it's something caused by Zombie Awareness, or if this normally happens and I've just never experienced it outside of this modpack.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
outside of testing, each of my incursions that were danger close were of this type. They spawned (I think) in air, and landed on something (smeltery, compression chamber). Again, another time I had one in ship that I think was caused by a 1x1 space I forgot to light up. that was a creeper and it nearly killed me. Others were zombies.

during testing tho, I sat on my perch above ship. looked around as it went to night and about 100 clicks out, just beyond my initial walls, I saw a giant skel and a zombie and a spider all spawn at points outside first set of walls but inside my larger set but entire area was lit. Change the floor to TE metal? That stopped. so, they are ignoring light levels at some point but not ignoring the non spawnable blocks (i.e. TE metal blocks or planks) During testing tho, no spawns inside ship and the only time I had spawn inside ship was because of that 1x1 space (which I think is what is getting to people).

Again, I widen my walls to a point where I don't hear the moaning anymore pretty early on so maybe this too is what's getting people. What would be interesting to hear from are the people that don't believe in walls and if they ever have these situations occur.[DOUBLEPOST=1408754283][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, so here's a question that pertains to mods tho, not vanilla. Does the grinder act as if the player is attacking the zombie? If so, that would start explaining this a bit. My fall trap, not so much since that's manual and what I start with before I get power handled and then move on to my huge mob kill rooms which give me the power (essence, drops). If the grinder can set off the reinforcement part, that might make sense of the whole thing.
I believe the grinder kills them instantly from what i seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1408755103][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guy if you have seen it yet, Death 1.

Thye did a really good job for their first play through. Better then me my first time through.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I believe the grinder kills them instantly from what i seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1408755103][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guy if you have seen it yet, Death 1.

Thye did a really good job for their first play through. Better then me my first time through.

1) not the point. If they are registering as player kills somehow, even if they die in one blow, there might be a chance that takes affect anyway.

2) yeah. I watched it this afternoon. You can actually sense the fear and apprehension in their voice. I love that one part where direwolf started cussing out iskandar. that was hillarious. /toungue-in-cheek :)