[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
You have to make 3 circuit boards by hand to trigger the hidden quest that unlocks the Technological revolution. I had a similar issue because I use SFM to auto craft my circuits.
you mean from green plastic and compressed iron to printed right? I did make several printed circuit boards from salvage from the city but didn't get that hidden quest, I'm already nearing the first part of my ME computer even.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
it is cheaty for this mod pack. it almost replaces a whole multiblock structure. But exploits are doing stuff that abuses the game mech, IE "using a bug to get an advantage". where as cheaty as in - to gain an unfair advantage.
What precisely is the unfair advantage here? Spending more resources and more time to do the same thing less efficiently hardly seems like an advantage to me. The only advantage I can see to doing this is getting XP for the tool, which you could just as easily do by building dust pillars and digging them out. Which you could have a minute to do while your 8-tall high oven at maximum temperature liquefies ores so fast, you need high-speed draining infrastructure just to keep up. I can't even remember if 3 seared faucets can keep up with it.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
you mean from green plastic and compressed iron to printed right? I did make several printed circuit boards from salvage from the city but didn't get that hidden quest, I'm already nearing the first part of my ME computer even.

Printed Circuit Boards, from the unassembled PCB, transistors, and capacitors.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, as far as enderio goes, I thought of one thing. I moved to sfm from ducts, etc.. cause of creeper explosions. SFM seemed to be immune to the explosions. Wonder if enderIO is the same. Possibly just having one outer facing connection not within the confines of the drop zone might be enough as it stands.

Haven't tested it yet but I imagine that the conduit covers are a bit more durable than ducts or covers

*edit*
After a bit of testing the conduits and conduit covers both seem to be immune to the creeper seed blasts. It also don't seem to matter what the cover is painted with. I'm pretty confident of the results since they destroyed all the conveyer belts that were pushing them toward the conduits.

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
So why is it that at night over 3x the number of creepers then there is of ANY OTHER MOB???
Endermen and Spiders are rare as fk too...

Last edited:

DarkSpectrum

Jul 29, 2019
So why is it that at night over 3x the number of ANY OTHER MOB is there creepers???
Endermen and Spiders are rare as fk too...
I think an equal spawn chance is being given to all types of mobs and since there's a good amount of different types of creepers, you see lots of them. Also they don't burn in the day, if you don't kill them, they clog the entity spawn counter.
As for spiders and ender men, I think their spawn chances are low naturally but I do see them. There's also mini endermen and white endermen that blend in with skellies on the mini map.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
I think an equal spawn chance is being given to all types of mobs and since there's a good amount of different types of creepers, you see lots of them. Also they don't burn in the day, if you don't kill them, they clog the entity spawn counter.
As for spiders and ender men, I think their spawn chances are low naturally but I do see them. There's also mini endermen and white endermen that blend in with skellies on the mini map.
I wish that was the case but honestly I am overwelmed by Creepers. Just trying to clear out the ditches is life threatening to the extreame. EVEN WITH mobgriefing false... The night finished with around 30 of them to clear out, 30!!!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I wish that was the case but honestly I am overwelmed by Creepers. Just trying to clear out the ditches is life threatening to the extreame. EVEN WITH mobgriefing false... The night finished with around 30 of them to clear out, 30!!!
They really are not that hard to deal with even in the early game. I for instance just have a few "pits" within my trenches. In short, most of my ditches are 2 meters deep, but along each side of my base I have a 3 meter section that is 4 meters deep. Each morning that I choose to clean out the trenches I find that the majority of the creepers have wound up in the pits, the few that have not are generally easily lured into them. Once they are in the deeper sections it is not difficult to suffocate them with dust. I do have to take care that any archers in the pits do not get a shot, for that will cause a chain reaction leading to an explosion, but if the kill box is properly placed all that tends to cause is the destruction of a bit of dust I will have to replace.

Obviously there are better options later in the game, but that is a setup I have little difficulty getting in place in place the first day.

DarkSpectrum

Jul 29, 2019
An easy way to deal with that is to run about 150-200 blocks away and they'll despawn. Or dig another hole in the trench to lure them in and drop dust on them to suffocate them. And considering there are 30, compared to the 100+ mobs that spawn isn't bad. It just seems like a lot since the others burn in the sun.

Raladan

Jul 29, 2019
And if you feel a little cheaty, just set waypoint 100+ away from your base and second inside your base, then just teleport out and in to clear mobs in seconds.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless, when nothing else can spawn due to the massive amount of creepers such as the endermen then yeah...
I prob get 11 bones after a lap around the trench after having to stop and take care of the creepers...

EDIT:: Wonderful. Went out to do a run in the morning, carefully taking care of the creepers and such when suddenly BOOM, through wooden armour and 11hearts I die in one shot to a creeper that was precharged or something. I didn't even hear a Hiss...

I guess I can just start with the Easy Mode instead of Hard Mode...

DarkSpectrum

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless, when nothing else can spawn due to the massive amount of creepers such as the endermen then yeah...
I prob get 11 bones after a lap around the trench after having to stop and take care of the creepers...
I usually have a half stack or more each of bones and flesh. Endermen do seem scarce though.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Atleast none of you died in your most advanced world thanks to a creeper jockey jumping off the roof and exploding...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Squids will only spawn in pools greater than 23 blocks from a player spawn point. Or some such distance. If your pool is right where you respawn when you die, you won't spawn squid.

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!
That's a fantastic tip, thanks kindly![DOUBLEPOST=1408452032][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guyz is the silky jewel modifier disabled on 1.1.2 for hatchet? i can't add it on my hatchet and i grinded so hard to get the block of emerald

EDIT #1: i just saw hatchet doesnt have any modifier slots, so maybe i need to add one first, is that it ?

EDIT #2: i tried to add a modifier slot on my hatchet with a diamond+gold block but it can't be done. what is going on guyz ? any1 ?
TiC Tweaks disables adding slots to items by default. You will need to level up your hatchet by using it on wood to get a modifier slot.

I tried this btw since everyone was talking about it (ST hatchets to replace shears) and I don't really see the appeal.
Its just as fast as shears, and yes, it gets me leaves, but it seems to very rarely drop saplings. And now I want my emeralds back for another quest. Bleh.[DOUBLEPOST=1408452087][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think server spawn point affects mob spawning, but Euclidian distance from the player does. Stay at least 25 blocks away from your squid pool when you want them to be spawning. Happy squidding!
That's good squidding advice too; both points will fix my problem one way or another (squid farm was underneath my base/spawn), so thanks :)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Silk touch on the Hatchet will save you on iron. It also can be used on mycelium to keep the block.

I wasn't sure that I believed the rumours. Hope he's watched plenty of vids :)
From what he said in the video, he's only done a tiny bit of research. They have a good chance on dehydrating or starving. This will be entertaining.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
it was turned off in 1.1.1. I was living off of fish sandwiches before then. Iskandar loves watching us starve. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408413973][/DOUBLEPOST]

He's referring to one entry point for all connections (item ducts, power if need be, AE system, fluids, enderio is pretty awesome.)

But, in 1.1.1 I setup my mob farm using SFM and had to only hook up a single cable, so same benefit. Plus I was able to do some interesting things with the drops, etc... more than just sorting out. Checking for bows/armor if enchanted, moving to trash if not, move to extra storage if. SFM is awesomeness wrapped around a pork sandwich which is imbued in SFM grease. god, I don't even like pork that much (wife is allergic, so I don't eat it anymore either) but those pigs po'd me bigtime so I am virtually eating pork only from now on.
I'll look at it then if it can do that cause i could hook it up to a disenchant me thinks and i have a plan i place if auto mob farm.:)[DOUBLEPOST=1408452799][/DOUBLEPOST]
Silk touch on the Hatchet will save you on iron. It also can be used on mycelium to keep the block.

From what he said in the video, he's only done a tiny bit of research. They have a good chance on dehydrating or starving. This will be entertaining.
you can always tell the ones that will have a restart in their 2nd video cause they always try to push to hard and forget no water = death.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Re. iron: its an infinite resource. Don't care much about it.

Re. research: I don't buy it; if he survives his first playthrough I'm gonna be a total skeptic and claim it as proof that he watched guys like purplementat or funshine :p