[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Hooray! First post! I made an account and everything just to post to this thread! Great map, I'm loving it bunches! I do have one question, though:
I -FINALLY- got in and out of the city with A: enough materials to make a smeltery and get a start on a high oven and B: without dying horribly. My question is this: I scavenged a high oven controller while I was in the city, but it doesn't seem to 'count' for the Triple Play quest, and there's not manual detect button to tell it, hey look! I have one! Really! Am I really going to be forced to go -back- to the city to scrounge up enough scorched bricks to make a duplicate controller? Or is there a way to get it to recognize my current one?
Ooh. Good question, a manual detect is required here I think. I noticed the same thing last night.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 Hard Route - Day 39 - Spent a few days making a manual mob farm. It pays off greatly today. Got me several ender pearls and a potato! I don't think I will use the potato though since vanilla foods are kind of OP in my opinion. Plus I like having to rely only on harvestcraft food. Saw my first ghost spider today too. Those are odd. Now I can setup a proper automatic mob farm with my newly made vacuum hopper and punji sticks. Iskandar did say it was okay to turn off mob griefing, which means, punji sticks will work just fine like they did for me in 1.1.1 (hopefully). Still planning on going to the city in the near future.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
1.1.2 Hard Route - Day 39 - Spent a few days making a manual mob farm. It pays off greatly today. Got me several ender pearls and a potato! I don't think I will use the potato though since vanilla foods are kind of OP in my opinion. Plus I like having to rely only on harvestcraft food. Saw my first ghost spider today too. Those are odd. Now I can setup a proper automatic mob farm with my newly made vacuum hopper and punji sticks. Iskandar did say it was okay to turn off mob griefing, which means, punji sticks will work just fine like they did for me in 1.1.1 (hopefully). Still planning on going to the city in the near future.
poh-tay-to? potato? POTATO? FORBIDDEN! SHUN HIM FELLOW PLAYERS SHUNNNNNNNNNNNN :)

seriously? can you go back (I will as well) and DELETE YOUR COMMENT (as I will) so that you-know-who doesn't see it.. c'mon we gotta be quick about it. he has eyes everywhere.

Reactions: AJ Plaze

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
poh-tay-to? potato? POTATO? FORBIDDEN! SHUN HIM FELLOW PLAYERS SHUNNNNNNNNNNNN :)

seriously? can you go back (I will as well) and DELETE YOUR COMMENT (as I will) so that you-know-who doesn't see it.. c'mon we gotta be quick about it. he has eyes everywhere.
He (Iskandar) already said potatoes and carrots are back in, cause the "mob properties" mod didn't make the cut in 1.1.2.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
pig mounted mobs. I think I remember seeing pig mounted mobs in bnb and I used to think it was hysterical since I think they had a tendancy to suffocate the rider all the time which cracked me up to no end. Then the buggers would aggro to you and you'd be like "oh hey little piggie what u up to HEY STOP ATTACKING ME!" *eats pork sandwich* munch munch munch.

pig mounted mobs. I think they should be in cl. definately. or maybe we can mount the pig zombies or something. put some fuzzy dice on em, give em some lowering mods, raise the front... a la cucaracha horn, the works.[DOUBLEPOST=1408055130][/DOUBLEPOST]
He (Iskandar) already said potatoes and carrots are back in, cause the "mob properties" mod didn't make the cut in 1.1.2.

Ahh, ok, then nevermind. he-who-watches will already know I displeased him. My character has a pumpkin on his head now. *sigh* *munches on pork sandwich*

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
well just so you know Iskandar got a good idea on how to fix the potatoes so in 113 they wont be as useful
As long as they exist, I don't really care :} I just want my hearty breakfast. even if he edits recipe for potato cakes to include the other pams sweet potatoes (tho in RL, yuk?) I'd be a happy camper. that's all I care about. those top tier foods are akin to making top tier gear. Removing one/most of them gives us less things to fly around in (yes, I use my hearty breakfast as a jetpack. don't judge me).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
As long as they exist, I don't really care :} I just want my hearty breakfast. even if he edits recipe for potato cakes to include the other pams sweet potatoes (tho in RL, yuk?) I'd be a happy camper. that's all I care about. those top tier foods are akin to making top tier gear. Removing one/most of them gives us less things to fly around in (yes, I use my hearty breakfast as a jetpack. don't judge me).
well you can stop worrying hearty breakfast baked potatoes and maybe fries and thats all you get

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to know if there's a config to re-enable some of the recipes, That way we can get the ammount of "overhard" we want. To me removing grout's recipe is just overkill given how it makes no sense that we wouldn't be able to make grout on our own. Even an engineer should know how to make the materials they would need for something as simple as grout.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Is anyone still getting the 1.1.2 not being a recommended version problem. If so, can you send me a screenshot so I can pass it along to the pack maintainers?

People can remove the extra Crash Landing entry from the 3rd party tab by re-entering the code "boom" and instead selecting the remove option. This will clear the old private version leaving only the public one and all launches will be the correct version.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
well you can stop worrying hearty breakfast baked potatoes and maybe fries and thats all you get

and pork sandwiches with bacon. I need something to aggro all those pigs in the cities. those city pigs .... hehe think city wok. apropos.

I see what you're talking about and probably understand what the fix is. that is a very appropriate way of dealing with it. kudos.[DOUBLEPOST=1408056732][/DOUBLEPOST]
People can remove the extra Crash Landing entry from the 3rd party tab by re-entering the code "boom" and instead selecting the remove option. This will clear the old private version leaving only the public one and all launches will be the correct version.

I was just 10 minutes ago wondering how to do that. So to remove each entry I have to go in and do that? jeez. there should be an easier way.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.3 Teaser Time
2014-08-14_17.50.23.png 2014-08-14_17.43.00.png this is my idea of the Mother Ship Wanderlust and Iskandars idea is Bigger much Bigger

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
No, but I did just remove brutish mobs.

HOORAY! Just encounterd a spawner on the 2nd floor above a smeltery that I wanted, that was putting out Brutish zombie pigmen, during the day, that were raining down on me. I was managing until one obtained a bow somehow. Long story short, I'm starting a new game now! I like scary/hard, but that was just unfair.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Question: can anyone give me a mindlessly simple point-form explanation of how to use this sync/shell business?

1)Place shell in the world, make sure doorway isnt blocked - I havent found a way to pick it up so make sure its in the right place.
2)Place power cell next to it - right click to get configure tabs and set the cell side next to the shell to red
3)Right click on the shell - you should take a 'hit' and the shell will start to make a copy of you if everything is working ok.
When the power cell runs out a survivalist genny will keep it powered. You can reuse the shell by right clicking it after each death and making sure it has power - just dont die while its creating you!.

Anyone wanting to take pyro to the city - there are 2 reactor buildings in most cities with half built reactors and turbines above, these have pyro. often leaking out like the ship. - Makes me think about just taking the basic starting items and moving to the city from the start!
Thanks for putting dyes in loot table !!!!

Reactions: Genshou and Pyure

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to know if there's a config to re-enable some of the recipes, That way we can get the ammount of "overhard" we want. To me removing grout's recipe is just overkill given how it makes no sense that we wouldn't be able to make grout on our own. Even an engineer should know how to make the materials they would need for something as simple as grout.
when was the last time you built a lime kiln? on this dust planet are there ready sources of limestone or seashells? I'm sorry, but it is perfectly reasonable that someone in a survival circumstance would have a very difficult time crafting such things. Yes MC in general overly simplifies things but if a pack author wants to explain taking things away it doesn't take much to explain away most tech.

I'm sorry but IMO "unharding" the pack to the point that you can ignore the cities until late game breaks the pack.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.3 Teaser Time
View attachment 12501 View attachment 12502 this is my idea of the Mother Ship Wanderlust and Iskandars idea is Bigger much Bigger
The ramp uses too much of one block, looks icky. Mix it up a bit, only have the yellow tape blocks 2 deep on the end of the ramp and 1 along the sides, and use armor blocks for the center with some cross-spars to give it definition. The ship itself is okay, though I can understand why a real ship would be a bulk of armor, you can give it character by making the walls 2-3 deep and running groves in tasteful areas that show some of those black circuit blocks or faux gun ports and sensor arrays, and I suppose you could bulk up the ramp too so it would have armor on the outside and thick runway strips of yellow factory blocks on the inside(as again a solid wall of the same block is kinda ugly).

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
In previous versions, I got a smeltery up and running by like day 10. I'm past 40 days now and still no smeltery, and I'm getting by just fine. I almost have enough iron to jump straight into penumaticcraft. Sure it would be a huge waste to use all my iron ore dust now without doubling or tripling my ore first, but it's still possible. Plus, is it really a waste if you get it for free and it never runs out?

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
In previous versions, I got a smeltery up and running by like day 10. I'm past 40 days now and still no smeltery, and I'm getting by just fine. I almost have enough iron to jump straight into penumaticcraft. Sure it would be a huge waste to use all my iron ore dust now without doubling or tripling my ore first, but it's still possible. Plus, is it really a waste if you get it for free and it never runs out?
A good point, I realized that a while ago watching Landstryders LP, the only cost is the time and effort it takes to gather those resources, and a smeltery or high oven only serve to maximize the efficiency of those resources, along with easily creating alloys and repairable tools via the smeltery. While it's more cost efficient to use TiCon, there's no reason not to cook up ingots earlier for things such as buckets, shears, fluiducts, etc.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I must be terrible at minecraft.

City too much for me. Wandering around trying to find smeltery stuff; failing hard. Found 3 pneumaticcraft places (and 2 redstone energy cells)

Dying a ton. Cheating a ton restoring myself. Maybe 30 times now?

Worst minecrafter ever.