[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
oh believe me I knew.... nothing like trying to speed up a water column auto sifter with an empty hand.....next thing you know you're trying to figure out why you're suddenly horribly dehydrated......
PurpleMentat actually did exactly that (while working on same project) in one of his latest CL videos. I shoulda remembered that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Water is much less of an issue once you get your first two pieces of iron. Sheares = leaves = water-from-crucible.

I currently have three crucibles dedicated to making water, piping it into a portable tank so I can just right-click that with bottles as needed. Its my only "automation" of any sort in my early game.

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
Water is much less of an issue once you get your first two pieces of iron. Sheares = leaves = water-from-crucible.

I currently have three crucibles dedicated to making water, piping it into a portable tank so I can just right-click that with bottles as needed. Its my only "automation" of any sort in my early game.
I'm just glad that the camel pack can change using 10 bottles into using 4 bottles for 100% hydration.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

I dislike using the crucibles for water, the yield is just two low. I prefer automating the dirty water proccess. I'll keep a water crubile going for placeable water, but not really for drinking.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok. Is anyone still getting the 1.1.2 not being a recommended version problem. If so, can you send me a screenshot so I can pass it along to the pack maintainers?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dislike using the crucibles for water, the yield is just two low. I prefer automating the dirty water proccess. I'll keep a water crubile going for placeable water, but not really for drinking.
At the end of the day, crucibles are cheap and they run for free (no fuel). But granted you do go through more plant matter.

It was also easier to automate than dirty water imo.

Question: can anyone give me a mindlessly simple point-form explanation of how to use this sync/shell business?

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Dirty water and dirt is actually pretty easy to mostly automate early game with transfer nodes.
Compost material in a chest, transfer node out of that into top of barrel, transfer node from bottom of barrel into a chest, slowly filling with dirt.

For clean water I just grab some dirt, mix into bottles, bottles go in chest that transfer nodes into top of furnace, fueled by sticks, transfer node from bottom of furnace into a chest where you get clean water. Since one ender pearl is 4 nodes, materials are cheap, until you can afford some more automated methods.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
While I like the idea of escape from the planet for endgame, I don't think getting home should be so "easy." We are engineers, not pilots meaning we can build things and use them, but flying a ship is far more complex requiring certain skills that we already know we don't posses. Using a jetpack or glider is a far cry from flying a ship.

We crashed here proving we are lousy pilots. We lived to fly another day proving we have a bit of luck. We then survive on a an unforgiving planet showing determination and intelligence. We then thrive showing our ingenuity and motivation. So what's next? Where do we go from here?

How about recovering data logs from the previous planets scanned and devising a plan to teleport back home? It's going to require a lot of power, hence we'll need a reactor...but then again oops we're not scientists or navigators either so we must have messed up something somewhere and end up back at square one on yet another lonely desolate world. Perhaps this one is cold or all liquid...the possibilities are endless and the groundwork is already there. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
While I like the idea of escape from the planet for endgame, I don't think getting home should be so "easy." We are engineers, not pilots meaning we can build things and use them, but flying a ship is far more complex requiring certain skills that we already know we don't posses. Using a jetpack or glider is a far cry from flying a ship.

We crashed here proving we are lousy pilots. We lived to fly another day proving we have a bit of luck. We then survive on a an unforgiving planet showing determination and intelligence. We then thrive showing our ingenuity and motivation. So what's next? Where do we go from here?

How about recovering data logs from the previous planets scanned and devising a plan to teleport back home? It's going to require a lot of power, hence we'll need a reactor...but then again oops we're not scientists or navigators either so we must have messed up something somewhere and end up back at square one on yet another lonely desolate world. Perhaps this one is cold or all liquid...the possibilities are endless and the groundwork is already there. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk
Pfft, I can assemble a robot to do my piloting for me, and instruct it to learn all it needs to from the amazing computers and such I'll also be assembling :p

Plus, I'm not suggesting we must "successfully" leave the planet; maybe we crash again on Iskandar's next project :)

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 Hard Route Day 34 - Got me an exotic seed from sifting dirt, will be making some plastic and more needlegun magazines for the upcoming trip to the city. Also got me a soybean seed. Only took 2 stacks of dirt for both of these. I really like playing this time through without using beds. The camel pack lasts a lot longer when you don't sleep. Plus sleeping the night away every single night makes the game pretty boring. I like being scared when the sun is going down when I am outside of my walls trying to do work. I have enough materials to setup a fully automated mob farm now. I might consider doing this before going to the city.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm okay with silky jewel costing 9 emeralds. It's not that hard to live off of sheers for that long anyway. Silk touch should be expensive IMO. One of the main focuses of this map is collecting leaves. It should be hard to get a silky jewel. But to each his own.

<-- Such a newbie. I never realized that silk touch on a hatchet allows you to get leaves, it would have saved me a lot of invar in 1.1.1. :) Does this also work with a scythe?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
<-- Such a newbie. I never realized that silk touch on a hatchet allows you to get leaves, it would have saved me a lot of invar in 1.1.1. :) Does this also work with a scythe?
Yes but an iron or better silk touch hatchet instant breaks leaves, while a scythe, while works well with it's 3x3 area of effect, doesn't insta-break leaves. I still prefer the hatchet IMO.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I wonder if anyone has ever added a red swingline to the loot tables, or better yet as a rare weapon...
I don't know about that but the ratio of people to cake is just too big.

If we had more cake, right over there, yeahhhh, that would be teriffic.[DOUBLEPOST=1408050069][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, the floating trap doors and ladders are a result from what I did to remove city walls. Basically, telling the mod to turn off the walls didn't work. So, I set the wall height as 1, and turned it into a road. Which is why, if you look closely, there is a perfectly rectangular road that goes all the way around the city, more or less. Then I had to turn off the towers and gatehouse. Disabling the towers worked just fine. Disabling the gatehouse did not. So, I simply set the gatehouse to be made out of air blocks and made it the minimum size it could be. What I didn't realize, and still can't fix, is that gatehouses have a ladder to the roof. And, yeah, that is the result.

If you take not of their positions, you will see that they are on the long roads that lead out into the surrounding wasteland.

I have gotten really good at bending mods to do things that they normally wouldn't. That said, there are usually unintended consequences.

And if we were on reddit, I'd have you tagged as Mod Bender.... bite my shiny metal ***

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Weird. No idea.

I wonder if there's a magnet item in this game? If so, toggling on the magnet mode would be a bit of a cheat, especially when stuff like exposure to heat is such a major factor for this game (it would be too easy to stand far back and mine your cobble at a nicer temperature

Nope, and consider the number of us asking, it should probably be underlined and bolded in the first page. Smeltery parts are earned by visiting nearby "abandoned cities".[DOUBLEPOST=1408038917][/DOUBLEPOST]From the changelog:

Its in a spoiler.

With the addition of Tinkers Steelworks, there is a new enchantment you can put on tinkers tools. ender pearl + hopper gives you vaccuous. I think the more levels you put increases the range. I use it all the time on my axe, sometimes on my sword. wierd walking the walls waving and flexing my axe at all the mobs threatening them with axe-ation but it's more warning than threat. I picture myself just going GRRRRRR as I run the walls in the morning with it.[DOUBLEPOST=1408050441][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, what you were doing was not the recipe for grout. Grout uses clay balls, not clay blocks.

Anyway, I was having an issue that I finished all the progression quests i could find, and one of the quest types never unlocked, not sure if this was from the previous update or not. been a little while since i played and idk when the last update was.
wrong. clay blocks can could be used to make grout as well. one clay block, 4 sand, 4 gravel. that's usually what I would concentrate on making when it used to be a recipe. *sniff*

Reactions: Pyure

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about that but the ratio of people to cake is just too big.

If we had more cake, right over there, yeahhhh, that would be teriffic.
So, that's what happened, first the citizens of iskandopolis suffered severe financial hardship from the loss of fractions of a cent per fiscal transaction, then it was burnt to the ground, despite the leaderships assurance that it would "work itself out".

DarkSpectrum

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Is anyone still getting the 1.1.2 not being a recommended version problem. If so, can you send me a screenshot so I can pass it along to the pack maintainers?
I haven't checked today but when I was getting it the other day it appeared that the one that wasn't updating was a leftover from using the private pack code because I had 2 versions in my list, one that was 1.1.1 and the other that was 1.1.2.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, that's what happened, first the citizens of iskandopolis suffered severe financial hardship from the loss of fractions of a cent per fiscal transaction, then it was burnt to the ground, despite the leaderships assurance that it would "work itself out".

On the gravestone left by the last remaining citizen, states these hollow words:
PC LOAD LETTER? WTF DOES THAT MEAN?

jFleetwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hooray! First post! I made an account and everything just to post to this thread! Great map, I'm loving it bunches! I do have one question, though:
I -FINALLY- got in and out of the city with A: enough materials to make a smeltery and get a start on a high oven and B: without dying horribly. My question is this: I scavenged a high oven controller while I was in the city, but it doesn't seem to 'count' for the Triple Play quest, and there's not manual detect button to tell it, hey look! I have one! Really! Am I really going to be forced to go -back- to the city to scrounge up enough scorched bricks to make a duplicate controller? Or is there a way to get it to recognize my current one?