[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys just recorded the upgraded map intro and mod pack for the quick start guide. As soon as i have it uploads and it is showing in 720p i'll post the link here. @Iskandar might want to replace the one on the 1st post with my new one as it goes over the new map and features.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Love the new stuff. the big zombies are a bit overly big for me but they still fit in the trap and die in the sun so i'm cool with that. hehe. The problem with the town is that everyone goes running off to there first thing when they should be setting up a base first and getting some infrastructure going then go. Be smart>play smart. rofl Also if on the first night u dig a 1 by 3 hole in the dust on each side of the door when you cap off the door at night they will run right into the trap and get stuck. then just wait till they burn and kill the rest. Also if you are dead set on going to the town first day start on easy and set up the clone first. then go set up a base in the town. If you cap the shuttle off before leaving you should be safe when you do die. also set way points!!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
A couple possible suggestions to consider. A quest that can lead you to the road to the city, similar to the "audio log" quest.
Replace 20-30% of the black stone and gravel on the roads with dust to accentuate the ruins atmosphere.
Make 10-20% of the normal city towers a bit more... Broken. Chop off the top level or 2.
Increase the number of dunes. Is it possible to make craters as well? Make that whole "barren planet" thing fall in quite well.
Remove the ladder and trapdoor streetlight things. They don't quite seem to fit.
Overall, the visuals have come a long way, well done. The office cubicles made me chuckle. The angry office pigman was not nearly as funny. Kept asking me for my TPS reports.
I wonder if anyone has ever added a red swingline to the loot tables, or better yet as a rare weapon...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Oh and you can set Gamerule mobgiefing to false your self in ingame chat. FYI

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
A couple possible suggestions to consider. A quest that can lead you to the road to the city, similar to the "audio log" quest.
Replace 20-30% of the black stone and gravel on the roads with dust to accentuate the ruins atmosphere.
Make 10-20% of the normal city towers a bit more... Broken. Chop off the top level or 2.
Increase the number of dunes. Is it possible to make craters as well? Make that whole "barren planet" thing fall in quite well.
Remove the ladder and trapdoor streetlight things. They don't quite seem to fit.
Overall, the visuals have come a long way, well done. The office cubicles made me chuckle. The angry office pigman was not nearly as funny. Kept asking me for my TPS reports.

Iskandar is the one who desides what blocks to use so he will have to answer on the road, But at to the ladders they are left over from the removing the walls around the city and we havent been able to fig out how to remove them, And as to the broken buildings well we have some ideas for the lone buildings and i have been thinking about a small completely destroyed city but rember its Iskandar that has final say on all my buildings. Havent done much been taking a break but heres a cpl WIP buildings iv put together building 1 building 2. And last i should be starting back up in the next day or two to be able to get a head start on Iskandar this time around

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 Hard route - Day 29 - Got 10 emeralds from my AA sifting gravel. Took about 10-11 stacks of gravel to get. Now I can make my silk touch hatchet. Haven't gone to the city yet and I've already made 9 invar sheers and got tons of dirt. Will probably grow some grass soon. Also setup my sugarcane farm. No mobs are bothering me anymore except the occasional spider and rarely a mini ghast.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If the world was destroyed by magic some build could have been destroyed leaving parts just floating there.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
. Will probably grow some grass soon. Also setup my sugarcane farm. No mobs are bothering me anymore except the occasional spider and rarely a mini ghast.

That reminds me, I had a mini-ghast spawn in a pond of water I use for farming last night. Wonder if that's normal. No ghast tear upon kill sadly.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
1.1.2 Hard route - Day 29 - Got 10 emeralds from my AA sifting gravel. Took about 10-11 stacks of gravel to get. Now I can make my silk touch hatchet. Haven't gone to the city yet and I've already made 9 invar sheers and got tons of dirt. Will probably grow some grass soon. Also setup my sugarcane farm. No mobs are bothering me anymore except the occasional spider and rarely a mini ghast.
iskandar is going to see if he change that recipe in a future update back to a single emerald. I am not wait 30 days for silky. I'll just enchant for it.

Reactions: cannajan

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
iskandar is going to see if he change that recipe in a future update back to a single emerald. I am not wait 30 days for silky. I'll just enchant for it.
I think I'm okay with silky jewel costing 9 emeralds. It's not that hard to live off of sheers for that long anyway. Silk touch should be expensive IMO. One of the main focuses of this map is collecting leaves. It should be hard to get a silky jewel. But to each his own.

Reactions: Genshou

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, the floating trap doors and ladders are a result from what I did to remove city walls. Basically, telling the mod to turn off the walls didn't work. So, I set the wall height as 1, and turned it into a road. Which is why, if you look closely, there is a perfectly rectangular road that goes all the way around the city, more or less. Then I had to turn off the towers and gatehouse. Disabling the towers worked just fine. Disabling the gatehouse did not. So, I simply set the gatehouse to be made out of air blocks and made it the minimum size it could be. What I didn't realize, and still can't fix, is that gatehouses have a ladder to the roof. And, yeah, that is the result.

If you take not of their positions, you will see that they are on the long roads that lead out into the surrounding wasteland.

I have gotten really good at bending mods to do things that they normally wouldn't. That said, there are usually unintended consequences.

Reactions: Palindrome

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar is the one who desides what blocks to use so he will have to answer on the road, But at to the ladders they are left over from the removing the walls around the city and we havent been able to fig out how to remove them, And as to the broken buildings well we have some ideas for the lone buildings and i have been thinking about a small completely destroyed city but rember its Iskandar that has final say on all my buildings. Havent done much been taking a break but heres a cpl WIP buildings iv put together building 1 building 2. And last i should be starting back up in the next day or two to be able to get a head start on Iskandar this time around
Excellent, you two have done quite well. I'll poke around later and see if I can figure out the ladders now that I understand it's more of a bug than a feature.

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the floating trap doors and ladders are a result from what I did to remove city walls. Basically, telling the mod to turn off the walls didn't work. So, I set the wall height as 1, and turned it into a road. Which is why, if you look closely, there is a perfectly rectangular road that goes all the way around the city, more or less. Then I had to turn off the towers and gatehouse. Disabling the towers worked just fine. Disabling the gatehouse did not. So, I simply set the gatehouse to be made out of air blocks and made it the minimum size it could be. What I didn't realize, and still can't fix, is that gatehouses have a ladder to the roof. And, yeah, that is the result.

If you take not of their positions, you will see that they are on the long roads that lead out into the surrounding wasteland.

I have gotten really good at bending mods to do things that they normally wouldn't. That said, there are usually unintended consequences.
Well, the wall road (wroad?) blends in quite well, I assumed it was more of a beltway around the city.