[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
What types of armor do folks get early game (post wooden if you bother to rock that)

Is it true that wearing iron armor will cause me to overheat very quickly?

Iron heats you up in day and cools you down at night (watch for frostbite) Diamond keeps you cool in day.

Reactions: Pyure

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
What types of armor do folks get early game (post wooden if you bother to rock that)

I tend to rock the wood armor when kicking around the base and/or working in areas where I have the mobs generally controlled. I generally rock Iron if I go out looking for trouble.

and yes, when rocking iron armor you'll want to have plenty of camel packs on hand.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I tend to rock the wood armor when kicking around the base and/or working in areas where I have the mobs generally controlled. I generally rock Iron if I go out looking for trouble.

and yes, when rocking iron armor you'll want to have plenty of camel packs on hand.
Thanks for the feedback; I'm having difficulties managing my first city exploration. Maybe better armor will help.

Do people ever set up a base of sorts in their first city? I'm thinking of walling in the bottom floor of a tower.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019

well i rock armourless all day....which may be why iv made over 30 worlds already :3

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm terribly sorry to ask this sort of question, I know the pack author has their idea of how the game should function, but I'd just like the information on the following subject as I only play single player:

in 1.1.1, I was amazed and ecstatic to find that Creepers did not destroy blocks. It was what made Crash Landing much more appealing to me than vanilla or even FTB minecraft. Now that 1.1.2 has come around, I've found that they destroy blocks once again. Don't misunderstand, I'm okay with an occasional creeper griefing my stuff just to keep things interesting and me on my toes. but that desire is vastly more on the scale of a supercharged creeper, not the gobs of ordinary ones.

I'd like to know which mod modified the creepers to not destroy blocks, and I'd also like to know a supplementary question: is it possible to remove the mod that adds in the hordes of weird mobs without affecting game progression?

If ever you want to remove the mob griefing do "/gamerule mobGriefing false" when i noticed that it might have been intentional i returned the mob griefing (after like 40 worlds i am no able to survive the first few nights as new techniques tend to work well even with mob griefing is on)

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
well after the route quest what about the whole quest line ? any significant difference their?

Don't know about the current version but in the previous version the difference seems to be the extra stuff they give early on. The shell, food and bonemeal made it much easier to survive the first few days while you learn the ropes.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
iv always picked hard route but im curious is whats the real difference between the too

I asked this question before. None that you can't already tell from quest rewards for now. Later they plan to change the quests to fit which playthrough you wanted, but as of now, that's it.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about the current version but in the previous version the difference seems to be the extra stuff they give early on. The shell, food and bonemeal made it much easier to survive the first few days while you learn the ropes.

Take the easy route in the quest book early on. You'll get shell, bonemeal and food from there.

=============================================================
Subway progress, ceiling is done still thinking if I should do the walls and flooring now or later.
Chisel Cobblestone Creeper block
IMLwirn.png

Also used a safer way to kill the creepers during the day.
They drop in a 2 deep hole.
nscdBv2.png

Put 2 blocks of dust on top of them, hear them die. Loots automatically get pushed up. :)
C8pu2wM.png

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for the replys regarding the routes i really never found the shell to be useful anyways seeing as u still need to craft a a way to actually use it and even in previous versions i didnt even make a shell until after 300 days or so cause i was to lazy to make nether quartz aside from the food and oak saplings and other rewards in the easy route i really dont feel its that much of a difference ill just stick to hard route cause this map is already hard as hell might aswell keep it that way :p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Take the easy route in the quest book early on. You'll get shell, bonemeal and food from there.

=============================================================
Subway progress, ceiling is done still thinking if I should do the walls and flooring now or later.
Chisel Cobblestone Creeper block
IMLwirn.png

Also used a safer way to kill the creepers during the day.
They drop in a 2 deep hole.
nscdBv2.png

Put 2 blocks of dust on top of them, hear them die. Loots automatically get pushed up. :)
C8pu2wM.png

That is really cool. ya know, I haven't felt like playing with rails for like over a year or more. this actually seems like a good purpose for it tho limited since once you go through the city, and loot everything, what then?

btw, I REALLY think those minicreepers are cute as hell (from a distance) running around like a toddler on an insane candy rush around mama creeper who's just craning her neck looking up at me. I love how they look at you, peer through their eyes. It's like they're saying "PLLLLLEEEEASE let me blow up on you! PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE"

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i am assuming that you can not build the smelter parts anymore and you have to go search and explore for them?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
That is really cool. ya know, I haven't felt like playing with rails for like over a year or more. this actually seems like a good purpose for it tho limited since once you go through the city, and loot everything, what then?

btw, I REALLY think those minicreepers are cute as hell (from a distance) running around like a toddler on an insane candy rush around mama creeper who's just craning her neck looking up at me. I love how they look at you, peer through their eyes. It's like they're saying "PLLLLLEEEEASE let me blow up on you! PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE"

After looting everything, expand the base and by the time that happens, maybe there'd be more stuff added to the quest book. Just maybe. Then make a big space ship out of the ruin building blocks. Also, I saw wooden rails so maybe that'll be a more viable option than the normal rails.

I'd probably keep a mini-creeper as a pet, once I get those hard glass.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
how are they not working, cause I know for a fact they are. None of us playing would be playing, we'd be complaining.
It's a problem for people that don't know how to read, as they try to play a 1.1.1 save after updating to 1.1.2.

It's been stated multiple times here, reddit, and the dev twitter that old saves don't work in the update, and that it's mandatory for people to start fresh in 1.1.2

deadhex

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible for you to add the mod metallurgy like the one in blood and bones so there's more variety in armors and tinker tool parts if not I under stand I thought it be more interesting

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks everyone for the replys regarding the routes i really never found the shell to be useful anyways seeing as u still need to craft a a way to actually use it and even in previous versions i didnt even make a shell until after 300 days or so cause i was to lazy to make nether quartz aside from the food and oak saplings and other rewards in the easy route i really dont feel its that much of a difference ill just stick to hard route cause this map is already hard as hell might aswell keep it that way :p
Actually, the easy route has all you need to set up a shell. As long as you give it a bit of power, the constructor does just fine. Set it up in a good spot, and hook up some power. It is set to run off RF, and I gave you a cell for exactly that purpose.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Do people ever set up a base of sorts in their first city? I'm thinking of walling in the bottom floor of a tower.
I think there are people planning on doing so, but the cities are new enough that all of our strategies are still evolving.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oh, and yes, feel free to turn mob griefing off. I am almost certainly doing so for 1.1.3 I want to keep the special creepers, and that is the only way.