[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the easy route has all you need to set up a shell. As long as you give it a bit of power, the constructor does just fine. Set it up in a good spot, and hook up some power. It is set to run off RF, and I gave you a cell for exactly that purpose.

oh is that right? guess i never knew this learn somthing new every day :D might go try this out and see how it fairs now :p

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 hard route - Day 22 - Setup my AA to auto sieve 9 stacks of gravel. Now I just afk and wait for the rewards. Already got 2 diamonds and 2 emeralds from manual sifting of 2 stacks of gravel. Planning to go to the city sometime in the next 30 minecraft days. Just taking it easy for now.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Someone said they where having problems with mobs griefing wood planks, but I left a birch plank out overnight without a problem....... CL doesn't have near the grief list of BnB and from what Iskandar just posted I don't think it ever will.
2014-08-13_22.25.13.png[DOUBLEPOST=1407994366][/DOUBLEPOST]
1.1.2 hard route - Day 22 - Setup my AA to auto sieve 9 stacks of gravel. Now I just afk and wait for the rewards. Already got 2 diamonds and 2 emeralds from manual sifting of 2 stacks of gravel. Planning to go to the city sometime in the next 30 minecraft days. Just taking it easy for now.
I would point out that you can click on the sieve and speed it up dramatically if you are going to afk it..... my old trick from skyblock is to bind a mouse key. You'd have to check in frequently to check water though

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I moved to the city on day 2. I wasn't able to take the blazing Pyro with me though because I didn't have any fuel to cook iron. When I went back for it I threw it in a strong box for insulation which worked out fine. I decided to move so quickly due to the water given in the first quests. If I hung around the ship another day I would have to stay at the ship until I had a decent set up going. The chest loot makes up for lost time running.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I'm going to stop using Iguana Tweaks or Weather 2 on the new version. But I have this (sometimes unhealthy) obsession with refusing to smelt anything I don't absolutely have to in order to get ore multiplication going. Maybe I'll be able to get over my distaste for 'free stuff' cobblegen devices. Or maybe I'll be looting the city with nothing but a bone frying pan and a camel pack. I think I'm definitely going to disable Special Mobs still. It's just not fair or fun to get mauled by magic teleporting zombies right inside my sealed ship. Giving these magic teleporting mobs hundreds of hearts and crazy powerful abilities is a whole bunch of NOPE NOPE NOPE. :/

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'm going to give Special Mobs *one last chance for ever using it again ever*. I've disabled vampires as this kind of mob is just bad design in Minecraft (it's one of the major reasons I stopped using Mo' Creatures). Any other "surprises" I should really disable, or will I have to discover them on my own... in Hardcore... with no Sync because yeah I'm totally starting out on Hard quest line again.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
He was a little nice to us, he turned off the unholy mob. That requires a weapon with smiting on it. And while ghost spiders can walk through blocks, they can't see us the way normal spiders can.

If I can have a wood weapon that wasn't destroyed after 1 hit I'd try the vampires.

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
Also used a safer way to kill the creepers during the day.
They drop in a 2 deep hole.
nscdBv2.png

Put 2 blocks of dust on top of them, hear them die. Loots automatically get pushed up. :)
C8pu2wM.png

I suggest using the black gravel block, it does the same work like the dust but it doesnt get destroyed if creepers explode upon death (if mob griefing is on) else use dust as the black gravel needs a pick to easily get it

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest using the black gravel block, it does the same work like the dust but it doesnt get destroyed if creepers explode upon death (if mob griefing is on) else use dust as the black gravel needs a pick to easily get it

I'm currently upgrading it with pistons. :)

Reactions: Pyure

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
Someone said they where having problems with mobs griefing wood planks, but I left a birch plank out overnight without a problem....... CL doesn't have near the grief list of BnB and from what Iskandar just posted I don't think it ever will.
View attachment 12492[DOUBLEPOST=1407994366][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would point out that you can click on the sieve and speed it up dramatically if you are going to afk it..... my old trick from skyblock is to bind a mouse key. You'd have to check in frequently to check water though

it was me and its when you aggro them.... Then they come... but i play it on a server and not every thing seems to always work as intended on a server.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The neighbors are always throwing block parties, but every time I try to go say hello.........

View attachment 12491

unce unce unce unce

hey, does using dark glass help somehow and keep them from coming towards you?[DOUBLEPOST=1408026082][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think I'm going to stop using Iguana Tweaks or Weather 2 on the new version. But I have this (sometimes unhealthy) obsession with refusing to smelt anything I don't absolutely have to in order to get ore multiplication going. Maybe I'll be able to get over my distaste for 'free stuff' cobblegen devices. Or maybe I'll be looting the city with nothing but a bone frying pan and a camel pack. I think I'm definitely going to disable Special Mobs still. It's just not fair or fun to get mauled by magic teleporting zombies right inside my sealed ship. Giving these magic teleporting mobs hundreds of hearts and crazy powerful abilities is a whole bunch of NOPE NOPE NOPE. :/

that's wierd. Since setting up my perimeter, I always fail at the 'front' of the ship where the seats are and I can hear them walking / groaning all the time, so they are close to me, but not too close. Yet, I've not had a single mob surprise me in my area yet and I'm like 70+ mc days in. The vampire pig zombies tho? yeah, so much nope. I just run away through the desert till they get tired, offer them a pork sandwich with bacon and then we continue running....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
hey, does using dark glass help somehow and keep them from coming towards you?[DOUBLEPOST=1408026082][/DOUBLEPOST]

that's wierd. Since setting up my perimeter, I always fail at the 'front' of the ship where the seats are and I can hear them walking / groaning all the time, so they are close to me, but not too close. Yet, I've not had a single mob surprise me in my area yet and I'm like 70+ mc days in.
According to the wiki the dark glass works like the blackout curtain so what I see is them gathering towards the illumination of the fire rather than what would be the internal illumination of the ship.

I have yet to see what I'd call a teleporting mob. Though I have had a couple of creepers clip up through blocks as I suffocated them.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
oh and refrencing my note above.... I think I still have dust on the overhead illuminator which means they won't be atracted to that. Those who've completly cleaned off the cockpit (as I normally do) will likley see more mobs grouped around the windows.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I actually wasn't aware it was the lights attracting all the mobs. I assumed they were scenting me out and ringing my base as a result.

Maybe I should bucket/store the pyrotheum so its not causing bright fires, and place some torches near where I actually want them to hang out for "processing".

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
A couple possible suggestions to consider. A quest that can lead you to the road to the city, similar to the "audio log" quest.
Replace 20-30% of the black stone and gravel on the roads with dust to accentuate the ruins atmosphere.
Make 10-20% of the normal city towers a bit more... Broken. Chop off the top level or 2.
Increase the number of dunes. Is it possible to make craters as well? Make that whole "barren planet" thing fall in quite well.
Remove the ladder and trapdoor streetlight things. They don't quite seem to fit.
Overall, the visuals have come a long way, well done. The office cubicles made me chuckle. The angry office pigman was not nearly as funny. Kept asking me for my TPS reports.