[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
hmmm mind if i take a stab at compiling a list? and to be fair ag skies had a slightly larger variety of mods to work with but still i think i might be able to help in some manner. is there an existing list still in the hqm config?
Nah. Too much randomness. I'm not really missing them.[DOUBLEPOST=1406933912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just for Iskandar in case he wants to remove reward bags: In 1.1.1. In "Under Pressure": "Heating Up" and "Losing Air" have reward bags.
Yeah, there a few still hanging around. I'll get to them.

nicksurvivor

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to everyone about the creative mode.

The anvils in the distance were the product of my brother derping around with anvil needleguns :p

The extra resources are to take away from the grindiness of making compressed iron, searing grout, etc. Besides they are all dark so it makes it a challenge to get inside them. Besides, most of the stuff found are crafting quests, so in order to progress at all you need to make them anyways...

As for the engine, there is only one block of pyrotheum, it just flows to make it look like more...

Will reupload soon with creative fix and anvils gone, for now just fix it with NEI.
Thanks for the support everyone![DOUBLEPOST=1406936156][/DOUBLEPOST]If i get a consensus, I will increase the difficulty to get to the loot. The loot removes from grindiness, I agree it may be to easy to get, but I can't remove it without grinding returning. Even in agrarian skies there were ways to avoid grinding, like early-on automation (and lucky reward bags).

ogllyboogly

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you care about grammar mistakes but in the task "under more pressure" you accidentally missed a space between "be" and "a". If you don't care just let me know I will not look for more issues =).

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm looking to see if that is a config option. If it is, I'll fix it. If it requires Minetweaker intervention, I may not. My energies are directed to getting 1.1.2 out, which, atm, is taking far longer than expected. Speaking of which, expect 1.1.2 no earlier than Monday, and probably Tuesday or Wednesday. It is hard for me to get any appreciable work done on weekends, so it really depends on what I can get done tonight.
that is cool thx, I will not do another episode till monday anyway so no hurry. I'll just work on something else till then...got to killme some enders...hehe. i hate things being made harder for no reason what so ever. 1 gem for 9 seemed to me excessive.

Also for every I have the next episode for Magzie's Dust World up. I am trying a new Texture pack so check it out and see if you like the texture pack and/or if i should keep using it.

[DOUBLEPOST=1406937907][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reward bags are, more over than not, dead and not coming back. Too random. They were either useless or progress breaking. And I got tired of trying to think up 100+ different rewards. No idea how Jadedcat did it, there are at least 200 unique reward bags in AgSkies.
most people would rather choose from a list and see what they are getting.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the scythe is amazing with silky jewel, just ahve to make sure you have a backup of sapplings.
can a scythe be made of bone? I have never checked? it will have to wait till i get the smeltery running ether way.[DOUBLEPOST=1406938196][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the beginning, save the cold water bottles to drink directly if you ever run out of regular water. Once you get a furnace, you can smelt the cold water into regular water and put it in your camel pack then. Cold water when drank directly from the bottle recovers 25% hydration. Regular water inside your camel pack also recovers 25% hydration, where as drinking regular water bottles only gives 10% hydration.
i alway save them for ISH. You never know and you can make water from dirt and then cook that.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer the hatchet with silk touch over the scythe. You need the tool forge to make a scythe. The scythe uses durability when cutting leaves, and even though it cuts lots of leaves at once, it's harvest speed is slower than a iron or better hatchet. The iron or better hatchet breaks leaves instantly like shears and doesn't use any durability harvesting leaves. Plus you have to level up the scythe before you can apply silk touch where as the hatchet you have pretty much from the beginning of the game and will have leveled up several times by the time you get a silky jewel. It's not hard to level up the scythe, but the fact that it uses durability on leaves is what makes me not like it. An iron or better hatchet is the better choice IMO.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Balance wise, right now the silky jewel should cost the emerald block. If the hatchet lost durability on leaves then maybe go back to just 1 emerald. Or if the hatchet couldn't use the silky jewel then go to 1 emerald.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Balance wise, right now the silky jewel should cost the emerald block. If the hatchet lost durability on leaves then maybe go back to just 1 emerald. Or if the hatchet couldn't use the silky jewel then go to 1 emerald.
I agree.

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar i just took a fly around on the dev build. i must admit. im pretty awestruck at the first city i arrived at. its prety cool. my only suggestion or complaint would to just marginally increase the chest loot. the city that i found didnt seem to have much in the way of it. a shovel a potion of swifness and a apple. not really anything id risk flying out for. unles you planned on more shtuff via the remaining colored clay blocks you have around

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar i just took a fly around on the dev build. i must admit. im pretty awestruck at the first city i arrived at. its prety cool. my only suggestion or complaint would to just marginally increase the chest loot. the city that i found didnt seem to have much in the way of it. a shovel a potion of swifness and a apple. not really anything id risk flying out for. unles you planned on more shtuff via the remaining colored clay blocks you have around
I think he mentioned earlier that you'd be able to find an abandoned big reactor or big reactor parts that you can scavenge up. That would be a pretty cool reward for risking danger venturing out in the world.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I disagree. i can make an enchanting table and 30 levels with in the first 4 days and then just enchant a silk touch axe and use it. in 1.8 it will only cost a few levels and 3 lapis. Why should it be more difficult because it is TiCos?
First i have to gather 4 gold ingots and the silk and then wait a few weeks for the auto sieving to rng 9 emeralds? like i said i don't care what it is on as long it the cost is fair. i choose axe so i wouldn't have to change tools when logging. I mean can't i even get the random silky touch mod from leveling? I haven't gotten it before but i know it is on the list of mods?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I concur, harvesting leaves is a core mechanic of the game. "free" leaves should be something to work towards not something you can expect to get for little more than sieving a couple stacks of gravel.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
When we get to 1.8 I'm sure things will get re-balanced, but we're not there yet.

On a related note Enviromine has changed their minds and will be updating to 1.7.10 before doing any new content.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is interested, I added InGameInfoXML to track time, fps and camel pack durability. It's not much, but it gives you an "at a glance" look at how much water is left in your camel pack in the upper Left corner of the screen.

16j1q1w.jpg

If you want to use my config, you can find the mod here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284041-lunatrius-mods
and my custom config here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/79wxcaq1k2tbxj1/InGameInfo Crash Landing.zip
Just grab the mod(make sure you grab the latest version for 1.6.4) and drop it in your Crash Landing install "mods" folder and unzip the config into the "configs" folder. If you want the default configs for InGameInfoXML, just skip adding my config and you will get the default config which includes tracking for all armor slots and much more information(note, you may need to edit the default config so that it does not overlay any existing mod info panels). I use my custom config and I suggest it because it's minimal and compact and does not overlay any existing mod info like from enviromine.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is interested, I added InGameInfoXML to track time, fps and camel pack durability. It's not much, but it gives you an "at a glance" look at how much water is left in your camel pack in the upper Left corner of the screen.

I'd rather remove the biomes info as everywhere is Ocean. :D

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
when you die and respawn with sync the enviromine things go away
I'm aware. Log out, log back in. It is why it is mentioned in the first post. It used to be mentioned on a sign o the easy map. Now the easy map is the easy quest...I'm going to have to alter that description.

Anyway, sorry guys, 1.1.2 is taking far, far, longer than I wanted. It is very, VERY slow process. However, if you follow my twitter (points at sig) you will see sneak peeks as I work. I am at 50% or 60% done now.

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, sorry guys, 1.1.2 is taking far, far, longer than I wanted. It is very, VERY slow process. However, if you follow my twitter (points at sig) you will see sneak peeks as I work. I am at 50% or 60% done now.

Never apologize for that, good things take time and no doubt 1.1.2 will be worth the wait. :p

Are dunes still a go for this update or are you concentrating on getting the cities right?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019

16j1q1w.jpg

If you want to use my config, you can find the mod here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284041-lunatrius-mods
and my custom config here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/79wxcaq1k2tbxj1/InGameInfo Crash Landing.zip
Just grab the mod(make sure you grab the latest version for 1.6.4) and drop it in your Crash Landing install "mods" folder and unzip the config into the "configs" folder. If you want the default configs for InGameInfoXML, just skip adding my config and you will get the default config which includes tracking for all armor slots and much more information(note, you may need to edit the default config so that it does not overlay any existing mod info panels). I use my custom config and I suggest it because it's minimal and compact and does not overlay any existing mod info like from enviromine.
Looks cool, but is there a way to change the camel pack to display dmg out of 100 instead of 101? Little things like that make me go crazy. NEI has an option to show you "damage/total damage" on the tool tip when you mouse over items, and the camel pack correctly shows "dmg/100" there, so I figure it's possible for this ingameinfo mod.