[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So testing the reg shears gets about 3 stacks plus 43 leaves. where as the invars ones give about 7 and some change of leaves. The silky axe doesn't broke from braking leaves but brakes them and 3rd slower then the shears. I haven't tried with max redstone? The question is what balance reason is for have the recipe for silky gem cost on block. if there is no balance reason for it then in skyblock type mod packs it shouldn't. Their is also a pre shears? they would be hard to make so you that would be an end game item i think?

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I made a map for this modpack, it makes it a BIT easier (but not by much!).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf5gl9zg9dg6cac/Custom Crash Landing copy.zip

It adds a bit more realistic look to the broken ship, adding a cargo hold, wing, and engine cell (toppled onto it's side) to the map. somewhere under the cockpit is a copy of the starting strongbox (for multiplayer). 1skandar, tell me what you think, all credit goes to you!

Feel free to play this map, and please tell me any suggestions and ideas!

The area is DANGEROUS, and in the cargo hold, it is completely dark, making monsters spawn there. UNless by popular request I will not tell what the salvage is from the wreckage (you gotta find it yourself!) Enjoy!

Holy virtually free stuff Batman...

I could probably do what normally takes hours in an hour with all the goodies lying around.

Mostly popped on to tell you that you start in creative mode, might want to fix that.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So testing the reg shears gets about 3 stacks plus 43 leaves. where as the invars ones give about 7 and some change of leaves. The silky axe doesn't broke from braking leaves but brakes them and 3rd slower then the shears. I haven't tried with max redstone? The question is what balance reason is for have the recipe for silky gem cost on block. if there is no balance reason for it then in skyblock type mod packs it shouldn't. Their is also a pre shears? they would be hard to make so you that would be an end game item i think?
I personally think the emerald cost for silk touch is fine where it is. Also, if you make a better hatchet like Iron axe head or better, you can destroy leaves instantly like with shears. You should have to be forced to use iron or invar on shears for a good while before upgrading to a silk touch hatchet. Plus I noticed in my world by the time I got a silk touch hatchet, I was already close to making a harvester, which has a leaves collecting mode anyway. Also, if you make a mob grinder, you can get tons and tons of rotten flesh and string to use instead of leaves.

Nexestfatum

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble adding water to the camel pack, for the first time when its awarded it works fine if added 1 by 1. But after that I literally cannot add water to it. I've tried inventory crafting and crafting table 1-4 bottles among all different patterns and I just cannot readd water. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

Padavar

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble adding water to the camel pack, for the first time when its awarded it works fine if added 1 by 1. But after that I literally cannot add water to it. I've tried inventory crafting and crafting table 1-4 bottles among all different patterns and I just cannot readd water. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

Make sure your not using cold water bottles, they don't work with the camel pack.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
In the beginning, save the cold water bottles to drink directly if you ever run out of regular water. Once you get a furnace, you can smelt the cold water into regular water and put it in your camel pack then. Cold water when drank directly from the bottle recovers 25% hydration. Regular water inside your camel pack also recovers 25% hydration, where as drinking regular water bottles only gives 10% hydration.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the scythe is amazing with silky jewel, just ahve to make sure you have a backup of sapplings.
No when you put leaves in the Transposer it give a chance to give back saplings as it makes water.

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I made a map for this modpack, it makes it a BIT easier (but not by much!).

It adds a bit more realistic look to the broken ship, adding a cargo hold, wing, and engine cell (toppled onto it's side) to the map. somewhere under the cockpit is a copy of the starting strongbox (for multiplayer). 1skandar, tell me what you think, all credit goes to you!

The area is DANGEROUS, and in the cargo hold, it is completely dark, making monsters spawn there. UNless by popular request I will not tell what the salvage is from the wreckage (you gotta find it yourself!) Enjoy!
This adds way too much stuff imo. It gives you access to stuff you wouldn't be able to get until you complete half the quest book. Also, as the other guy said, you do start in creative as well.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I personally think the emerald cost for silk touch is fine where it is. Also, if you make a better hatchet like Iron axe head or better, you can destroy leaves instantly like with shears. You should have to be forced to use iron or invar on shears for a good while before upgrading to a silk touch hatchet. Plus I noticed in my world by the time I got a silk touch hatchet, I was already close to making a harvester, which has a leaves collecting mode anyway. Also, if you make a mob grinder, you can get tons and tons of rotten flesh and string to use instead of leaves.
why we should need two end game items for harvesting leaves. It is called a silky gem not a silky block. There is no balance reason for having the recipe changed in the skyblock type mod packs. the change was clearly for the reg FTb packs where the emeralds are more abun. What as are you going to use them for? Are we build house here from emer blocks. I would rather have it degrade my hachet when i use it on leaves and have to repair then to have to waste shears on such a mundane task.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
why we should need two end game items for harvesting leaves. It is called a silky gem not a silky block. There is no balance reason for having the recipe changed in the skyblock type mod packs. the change was clearly for the reg FTb packs where the emeralds are more abun. What as are you going to use them for? Are we build house here from emer blocks. I would rather have it degrade my hachet when i use it on leaves and have to repair then to have to waste shears on such a mundane task.
I'm looking to see if that is a config option. If it is, I'll fix it. If it requires Minetweaker intervention, I may not. My energies are directed to getting 1.1.2 out, which, atm, is taking far longer than expected. Speaking of which, expect 1.1.2 no earlier than Monday, and probably Tuesday or Wednesday. It is hard for me to get any appreciable work done on weekends, so it really depends on what I can get done tonight.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
can anybody tell me if reward bags were taken out in 1.1.1? and if they were are they coming back?
Reward bags are, more over than not, dead and not coming back. Too random. They were either useless or progress breaking. And I got tired of trying to think up 100+ different rewards. No idea how Jadedcat did it, there are at least 200 unique reward bags in AgSkies.

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm mind if i take a stab at compiling a list? and to be fair ag skies had a slightly larger variety of mods to work with but still i think i might be able to help in some manner. is there an existing list still in the hqm config?

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019

You start out in Creative. You should fix this then upload it again. Other than that I like where that map is going

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Just for Iskandar in case he wants to remove reward bags: In 1.1.1. In "Under Pressure": "Heating Up" and "Losing Air" have reward bags.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019

Found this not too far from the wreckage