[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with I think its NEI loading.
I had it the first time i played, then I change i think the sort order which was defaulted to R.
When I died, i didnt get nei or anything else that was helpful.

http://pastebin.com/HtPx2fgA

starting around line 170
then around 375, it looks like alot of the mods are missing something.
I was trying to find another way to reload the mod pack through the launcher.

I dont see anything else that I can do so I can play it with NEI as the recipes are useful when Im starting to learn the pack.

here is a screenshot of what I see when I hit E

Thanks for any help.
when you bring up the inventory screen use the O key to enable or disable NEI

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
So that's why I got confused when mobs started appearing and my clock was still at 13:00ish (Using InGameInfoXML mod). :D

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with I think its NEI loading.
I had it the first time i played, then I change i think the sort order which was defaulted to R.
When I died, i didnt get nei or anything else that was helpful.

http://pastebin.com/HtPx2fgA

starting around line 170
then around 375, it looks like alot of the mods are missing something.
I was trying to find another way to reload the mod pack through the launcher.

I dont see anything else that I can do so I can play it with NEI as the recipes are useful when Im starting to learn the pack.

here is a screenshot of what I see when I hit E

Thanks for any help.
Press 'O', you might have just disabled NEI

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So evidently I have to wait for it to rain, likely more than once, for these seeds to propagate so that I can make blue plastic from them so that I can continue down this quest line?

Is this for real? What a PITA.
Or, I don't know, read the quest book where it tells you that Pneumaticcraft plants respond to bonemeal? Two bonemeal, punch, repeat. Takes no more than 5 minutes to get a stack of seeds. 2 bonemeal each, though. Over bonemeal and you get one seed.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
(Item Transfer Node is Extra Utilities not Open Blocks)

Rubber is far too rare. In seven games that have made it to pneumatic craft I've had zero rubber seeds. Total combined dirt sifting is in excess of 20 stacks. This is several deviations from norm at 2% and implies the 2% number is not a proper value.
Hmm. Not to sound like a broken record, but you could also read the quest book. The quest "Beginning of the End" explicitly states you can use Pneumaticcraft plastic to make MFR plastic sheets. And, unless I miss my guess, that quest also rewards a rubber tree sapling.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
it most definitely "rains" we may not see the drops but the occurrence is still in the code. That's what causes those noon mob attacks.
Exactly. Vswe didn't disable rain, he coded it so all biomes act like a desert. Rain and thunderstorms still happen, but the desert settings keep any precipitation from actually falling.

Which means I could, in theory, rig up a quest detector to a hidden quest in the book. When you get close to a location the quest detector triggers a redstone signal. Add on a command block and boom, thunderstorm. Which means enough darkness even at noon to spawn mobs. Toss in a few mob spawners for extra fun, instant mob army to defend a location.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Btw Iskandar, there's a typo in Ore Multiplication Quest 'your smelterey built.' Just an fyi if you wanted to fix it. ^^

gohaun

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to thank both of you for making me feel like a NubCake again.

Thanks so much for that, and i cant believe i played 7 games without nei... hahaha

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Basic Survival - 93%
Under Pressure - 80%
Creating Life - Complete
Yet I still cant continue on to Technological Revolution. All the quests I have left are ones that are meant to be repeated and one in Basic Survival about information on creating a new map if you happen to die. Any idea why I cant move forward?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Basic Survival - 93%
Under Pressure - 80%
Creating Life - Complete
Yet I still cant continue on to Technological Revolution. All the quests I have left are ones that are meant to be repeated and one in Basic Survival about information on creating a new map if you happen to die. Any idea why I cant move forward?

to open Technological Revolution you need to complete a hidden quest by making 3 prc100s

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I just remade 3 prc100s and nothing changed
That should be impossible. The next stage is designed to trigger after you craft 3 printed circuit boards. Unless you use an AE system to craft...which you can't without making many, many more PCBs by hand.

Mind, this is three full Printed Circuit Boards, not just the unassembled versions.

If you've truly managed to do this I'd be very interested in your save file.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Basic Survival - 93%
Under Pressure - 80%
Creating Life - Complete

for the Basic Survival, there's 1 hidden quest, just kill 50 zombies and it'll pop out.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
That should be impossible. The next stage is designed to trigger after you craft 3 printed circuit boards. Unless you use an AE system to craft...which you can't without making many, many more PCBs by hand.

Mind, this is three full Printed Circuit Boards, not just the unassembled versions.

If you've truly managed to do this I'd be very interested in your save file.
I reloged and Technological Revolution showed up. I'm not too sure why I had to relog but everything is fixed now

Reactions: tetshio

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Or, I don't know, read the quest book where it tells you that Pneumaticcraft plants respond to bonemeal? Two bonemeal, punch, repeat. Takes no more than 5 minutes to get a stack of seeds. 2 bonemeal each, though. Over bonemeal and you get one seed.

It wasn't clear to me that this was sufficient in order to get new seeds. From the video tutorials on Pneumaticcraft I've seen, people use bone meal to bring the plant to adult stage, then it spews a seed out on the ground. It looked like the rain one only did that when it rained. I didn't assume that you could farm seeds by punching them. Which is why I asked.

Reading the quest didn't make that clear, but probably only because I had seen the video spotlight Direwolf20 did.

In any case, it's a moot point - I got beyond this but now I'm annoyed at both the drudgery of constantly having to refill/swap out the camel pack and frankly I don't like Pneumaticcraft at all and it's pretty much the backbone to finishing the quest book, so I guess I'm out :D

The only constructive criticism that I can offer is that it takes too long to automate some core repetitive functions. Like, I played a lot of AgSkies and the first couple hours are all drudgery, but then a lot of the fun is automating the drudgery away. I can see how I might be able to automate some of the more annoying aspects of Pneumaticcraft with Turtles and ComputerCraft, but it's not available and other options that I'm looking at are so far down the tech line that I'd have to endure hours of repetition to throw something together that would still be unsatisfactory. And even then that @#$@# camel pack... I think securing water is a good concept, I hate how the consumption mechanism works. If I can carry a full inventory of 32 bucket tanks of water around in my pockets, how come I can only carry 3 bottles worth of water in the pack I am wearing?

This is a good mod though and there are parts of it I really really like. It's just not for me.

Good luck to everyone!

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
It wasn't clear to me that this was sufficient in order to get new seeds. From the video tutorials on Pneumaticcraft I've seen, people use bone meal to bring the plant to adult stage, then it spews a seed out on the ground. It looked like the rain one only did that when it rained. I didn't assume that you could farm seeds by punching them. Which is why I asked.

Reading the quest didn't make that clear, but probably only because I had seen the video spotlight Direwolf20 did.

In any case, it's a moot point - I got beyond this but now I'm annoyed at both the drudgery of constantly having to refill/swap out the camel pack and frankly I don't like Pneumaticcraft at all and it's pretty much the backbone to finishing the quest book, so I guess I'm out :D

The only constructive criticism that I can offer is that it takes too long to automate some core repetitive functions. Like, I played a lot of AgSkies and the first couple hours are all drudgery, but then a lot of the fun is automating the drudgery away. I can see how I might be able to automate some of the more annoying aspects of Pneumaticcraft with Turtles and ComputerCraft, but it's not available and other options that I'm looking at are so far down the tech line that I'd have to endure hours of repetition to throw something together that would still be unsatisfactory. And even then that @#$@# camel pack... I think securing water is a good concept, I hate how the consumption mechanism works. If I can carry a full inventory of 32 bucket tanks of water around in my pockets, how come I can only carry 3 bottles worth of water in the pack I am wearing?

This is a good mod though and there are parts of it I really really like. It's just not for me.

Good luck to everyone!

The camel pack holds 4 bottles of water. Why not carry 3-4 packs around?
And I'm curious what tasks that you want to automate?

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I think it's just me that's really stupid and never messed with technology in MC but how do you power the shell constructor =(
I know its something to do with that thing and the Leadstone Energy Cell but idk what to do with it.
Can someone give me some instruction or am I just missing something to connect them together and power the shell?

P.S: I tried putting the energy cell on top and everywhere near the constructor but doesn't seem to power it.

Thanks in advance

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I think it's just me that's really stupid and never messed with technology in MC but how do you power the shell constructor =(
I know its something to do with that thing and the Leadstone Energy Cell but idk what to do with it.
Can someone give me some instruction or am I just missing something to connect them together and power the shell?

P.S: I tried putting the energy cell on top and everywhere near the constructor but doesn't seem to power it.

Thanks in advance
Put the leadstone energy cell next to the shell constructor then have the power output into the shell constructor. If you don't know how to change the direction the power is outputting then I would recommend looking up a tutorial on Thermal Expansion.