[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I got to see wyld stream crash landing, followed by bacon donut. watching cynid epic stream as I type this.
I thought that was cool since I've enjoyed this pack so much. Kudos to Iskander.

ZeekDaGeek and Fomanchoo as well.

Note that I've also seen a number of streamers throw up their hands and move on to something else when hitting the pneumatic craft wall. The plants are bad enough, but the UV box serves no purpose but a time waste, and the etching acid (where if you don't pick it up halfway, the item actually decays) is approaching the level of griefing from the modder. And you need seven (70 minutes just in the UV box) before you can automate it more seriously (since when do lasers run on air pressure?)

I've taken to making the unetched PCB and using NEI to simply swap them out for the unassembled pcb. It was that or just stop playing the map. Perhaps there could be a repeatable quest for that swap, or a single one for 7x Empty PCB -> 7x Unassembled, which is the minimum to setup an assembly line.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was able to setup SFM to refill camel packs regardless of their damage value, but I set it up so that it uses 4 bottles of water every time, so I typically wait until my camel packs are almost empty or completely empty. Also set it up to auto craft dirty water and cook them into regular water too, completely automated system.

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to easily refill the camelpack? Or is there an upgrade to it?

I've been playing this mod most of today and I've finally established secure food and water supplies, but I find myself constantly having to run back and refill my camel pack. I've started carrying around a portable tank of water with me, but I have to carry bottles as well beause I can't just fill from the tank it appears.

Any help or suggestions?

Btw, I enjoy the challenge of the games early resource management, but the monotony of having to manually refill my little water bag is slowly putting me off.

Another option is to put a cyclic assembler directly adjacent to your fluid transposer. Give the assembler the recipe and you don't need bottles (just pump in the water). Drop your empty camel pack (assembler recipes depend on damage values so be sure to use a completely empty pack) into the assembler and grab it out of an adjacent chest. I have a 2 camel pack buffer and don't have to worry about dehydration

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
ZeekDaGeek and Fomanchoo as well.

Note that I've also seen a number of streamers throw up their hands and move on to something else when hitting the pneumatic craft wall. The plants are bad enough, but the UV box serves no purpose but a time waste, and the etching acid (where if you don't pick it up halfway, the item actually decays) is approaching the level of griefing from the modder. And you need seven (70 minutes just in the UV box) before you can automate it more seriously (since when do lasers run on air pressure?)

I've taken to making the unetched PCB and using NEI to simply swap them out for the unassembled pcb. It was that or just stop playing the map. Perhaps there could be a repeatable quest for that swap, or a single one for 7x Empty PCB -> 7x Unassembled, which is the minimum to setup an assembly line.
Hmm.I can fix that, I believe. Nice thing about random cities and random loot...

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.I can fix that, I believe. Nice thing about random cities and random loot...
That would be awesome if you can! It would give people an option. You can either spend the time making them yourself, or take a risk and go out searching. I like it!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Working on it. I hope to have this thing tonight and, if it passes testing, uploaded to FTB tomorrow, for update on Friday. That said, if I hit significant problems, things might get delayed slightly.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
since when do lasers run on air pressure?

There are many items in pnuematicraft that really should require both pnuematic power and some stand in for electrical. In a true assemble line the arm movement would likley be pnuematic while the laser itself would be electrical.... the control system would of course all be electrical. That said many mods combine mechanical power source and electrical so I don't see this as much different than mods based around say RF.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a crook modifier for tinkers tools? I read that you can add a golden nixon to a tool to get a crook modifier, but I can't seem to figure out which tool to put it on. Doesn't work on hatchets or shovels.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable Hardcore without disabling the quests? I'm not the most into hardcore mode.
if you take the easy route you gain real early access to sync... that kind of breaks the whole hardcore thing..... note I'm an extremley dedicated hardcore player so I feel you ruin the pack by going further than the easy mode, that said, I suspect you need to look in the config for the lockdown mod.

Randomguy523

Jul 29, 2019
if you take the easy route you gain real early access to sync... that kind of breaks the whole hardcore thing..... note I'm an extremley dedicated hardcore player so I feel you ruin the pack by going further than the easy mode, that said, I suspect you need to look in the config for the lockdown mod.

I did that and enabled visibility of the game mode, however when I set the game mode to survival rather than hardcore, it defaults back to hardcore?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I did that and enabled visibility of the game mode, however when I set the game mode to survival rather than hardcore, it defaults back to hardcore?
well then, good luck, it was a slightly educated guess on my part. Perhaps someone else will help you more than I did.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Why then I want to play this pack it writes that my username or password is invalid?

Your username is actually your email address, not your in game name. If you can login on minecraft.net then your credentials should work correctly on the launcher as well.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable Hardcore without disabling the quests? I'm not the most into hardcore mode.
I believe if you do /hqm enable it'll turn on hqm mode and give you 5 lives and turn off hardcore mode. You can then use NEI to cheat in more hearts if you want even more lives.

I personally love the hardcore aspect of it. I've lost count of the number of worlds I've lost though LOL

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

you may want to install aroma backup you can then set the backup rate so if you die you only loose a set amount of progression instead of the whole map.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
If you go the easy route you are given a Sync shell. With a clone on back up you don't have to worry so much about hardcore mode, and it is lore friendly. You can make a survivalist generator early on, which can slowly rebuild a clone for you if you die. Just make sure you don't die while your clone is being grown...