[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
holly heck, we hear this a lot. you'll need the FTB launcher theirin you'll find it under the third party packs tab.

Iv seen this a well so i went to the 1st page and theres no mention of this so i think its time Iskandar updated the info maybe after he updates to 112

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make it so the Chisel blocks can be made into forge multiparts for the next update please. It would be great to make covers that look lake part of the ship.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Squid into witch water should spawn ghast.
I suggest a waterfall into a pool of witch water within a large cobble room.[DOUBLEPOST=1406640328][/DOUBLEPOST]
how stable is GC?..... all I've heard about it is stories of conflicts. I'd support that if it was stable and triggered end game, but don't think this map/pack is about end game travel to the moon.

THANK you. It's funny tho, about 8 hours or so ago, I added 4 5x5 spawn rooms with 1 grinder each to my 4x(5x5) grinder (and soon to be spawner in the middle which will be what I spawn ghasts in) and my essence is staying around 14k or so which is happily feeding my 32 reactant dynamos and my gunpowder has only dropped by about 50-60 stacks since I last looked and the essence is around the same and I've filled all my resonant cells which I need more of now, so actually I've got too much power as it is :} I didn't know about the squid tho so that's something I'm going to have to try.

Also, while I did AE, I was bemused after I made my quartz cutting knifes and started to make processors which I do first always and found there's no recipe for unbaked procs but only the PRC ones for ready ones. urgh. Ok, so I have a very simple suggestion. Can we at least make those prc cards stackable somehow? It was a royal pita making those first 32 or so with a single prc taking up each slot and created alot of frustration since I had to go setup a second bench just to make those and store them in. Now that they're in AE that's not an issue but that initial frustration was pretty bad for something that was already (for me) a task that becomes real clumbersome. Again, now that they're in AE, not a big deal.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeesh, who sifted sand over your Wheaties this morning? If you enjoy playing that way, nobody is forcing you to stop. But when you solicit advice from the moment you arrive in a thread, then you give an adversarial response to the very same advice, that sends a perplexingly mixed message.

Yes, it is certainly possible to play this pack without ever setting up a cobblegen. Every 100 dust sifted nets an average of 5 cobblestone blocks. Once a surplus of dirt is acquired, they can also be sifted for stones and seeds. If you want to never use a cobblegen as a self-imposed restriction, I can respect that. Melting down a few rocks and then suddenly having infinite stone appear is certainly not realistic. But if you just don't think it's efficient, I don't know where your definition of efficiency comes from.

I never ever said you don't need a cobblegen. All I said was that you don't need to concentrate on it at the start as your only priority. Stick to the facts since they are impermeable and right there a couple pages ago. Thank you for being a wonk tho since without people like you, people like me would have to math alot and that would make me grumpy since I like extra dust in my morning coffee thank you.

I've asked questions, I've answered them. I've added to this discussion and led it down a path not wanted. It's what I do. see my patreon acct if you want me to continue this. Know this tho. I wasn't asking advice in this instance. I commented that hey, there's a recipe for water using cactus! wow. Unless I'm missing something, nowhere does that say "Hey, I found a recipe for cactus-water. Can anyone belittle my playstyle and make me give a real confused look on my face for same? Thanks! " If you read into that, I'd hate to ask you the time if I bumped into you on the street.

I'm going to close with this since arguing with a reverberating wall is nonsense: My point was that there are always multiple paths to take you to your goal. If you have ever heard the quote "it's the path traveled, not the destination", the meaning is that we all end up in the same place (death), it's how we get there that defines us. My path, in CL is a hectic start, trying to keep the mobs at bay and cursing the skun, and eating flesh... (yes, I watched mdiyo, love it). After a couple of play throughs, I'm (god forbid and I'm an atheist), have 'fun' (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fun) which, to me is to take things easy and not try to math this thing together. Click off some problems to address, accomplish them. Along the way, gather more things to do, accomplish them. Try to create new and interesting ways to address those problems, different than previous playthroughs. I'm NOT trying to see if by 2nd hour in, I've collected X amount of resources or I start over since now I haven't met the bell curve that I set forth for myself. to me? Guess that's not fun. To a wonk like yourself? Yeah. go for it.
I'll be over here having fun instead. Pm me if you want to continue this since this isn't the thread for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1406712475][/DOUBLEPOST]
If the decision would have been different. The GenDustry Mod allows you to breed bees (or most) in a single biome with the different machines that it has.

You have to create the articifial hives and then lure them there and it is AGONIZING to do even if you have the biomes. He'd have to give the starter bees in gifts but that's all you could do. I know there's a nether emulator but I don't remember if there was an end one as well for those bees. Either way, please no bees oh jeez I hate bees.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, I'm confused. Once you start really expanding your base, the chunkloading issues with TE itemducts and AE come into effect and the only option we have is one very expensive power draining mfr one? I've used this before in another pack and you have to feed it essence to reduce it by some rf/t iirc and it is insanely power hungry especially at start. was this intentional? Why not chicken chunks? Just curious. I know, it's not as if I'm going to 'go' anywhere, but there are known bugs with AE and TE that cause unloaded chunks to either drop items or constantly reconnect/disconnect the AE system. I came back to my central hub to find my AE system rebooting itself non stop. I had this issue in agskies and chunkloading solved it. nobody having this issue or am I only one that has a grand plaza of extremes? :}

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I always build mostly vertical in these sort of mod packs, that way my entire base remains chunkloaded.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to easily refill the camelpack? Or is there an upgrade to it?

I've been playing this mod most of today and I've finally established secure food and water supplies, but I find myself constantly having to run back and refill my camel pack. I've started carrying around a portable tank of water with me, but I have to carry bottles as well beause I can't just fill from the tank it appears.

Any help or suggestions?

Btw, I enjoy the challenge of the games early resource management, but the monotony of having to manually refill my little water bag is slowly putting me off.

Curse74

Jul 29, 2019

I've been playing this mod most of today and I've finally established secure food and water supplies, but I find myself constantly having to run back and refill my camel pack. I've started carrying around a portable tank of water with me, but I have to carry bottles as well beause I can't just fill from the tank it appears.

Any help or suggestions?

Btw, I enjoy the challenge of the games early resource management, but the monotony of having to manually refill my little water bag is slowly putting me off.
can you help me? how you scroll back in the quest book?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019

Any help or suggestions?

No and No. The camel pack is all you have or will have. The mod maker for the camel pack has no plans on making an upgrade. We might see an armor version, but nothing bigger.

Suggestions: Make 2-3 extra camel packs (cook flesh to get leather). Use SFM (steves factory manager) to auto fill it. Don't sleep through the night. You lose less hydration at night and you also won't sweat. Stay away from heat sources so you don't sweat extra.

dirtyriver

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I got to see wyld stream crash landing, followed by bacon donut. watching cynid epic stream as I type this.
I thought that was cool since I've enjoyed this pack so much. Kudos to Iskander.

TSGarpian

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestions: Make 2-3 extra camel packs (cook flesh to get leather). Use SFM (steves factory manager) to auto fill it.

Did u get this working? I have trouble with the item detection options, nothing is making SFM do the crafting properly. The recipe depends on damage values. Is there a trick i don't see?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Did u get this working? I have trouble with the item detection options, nothing is making SFM do the crafting properly. The recipe depends on damage values. Is there a trick i don't see?

Not filling the pack. Just tried it now. Some one earlier said they could only get it to work if it was completely empty, but I couldn't.
I can toss leaves/flesh + empty bottles into a chest and come back to 4 bottles of clean water.