[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zaraga

Jul 29, 2019
I did, I tried redownloading it multiple times, but the maps didn't appear.
you can place the maps in your crash landing save file. windows key + r type "%appdata%" open roaming, go to crash landing > minecraft > saves > (drop the save files you dl'd from first page of this forum) done

tibbzeh

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if there is a way to get around this but when a TiCo hammer/pick/shovel/excavator gets the "Luck" modifier on it the Ex Nihilo hammer cannot be added for the 'Smashing' modifier. However the Ex Nihilo hammer can be enchanted with fortune. Any thoughts/opinions?

Also my laziness wants to be able to fill my camel back inside my liquid transposer. :p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure if there is a way to get around this but when a TiCo hammer/pick/shovel/excavator gets the "Luck" modifier on it the Ex Nihilo hammer cannot be added for the 'Smashing' modifier. However the Ex Nihilo hammer can be enchanted with fortune. Any thoughts/opinions?

Also my laziness wants to be able to fill my camel back inside my liquid transposer. :p
Iguana Tweaks might have a way to wipe modifiers, though wether that is a finished feature I'm not sure about. For now I'd recommend placing smashing on the hammer the first time it levels up and you get a free modifier.

I looked into it, and a camel pack uses durability to mark how full it is. Either the transposer can't Handle it or I don't know how to make it work.

Burshaz

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, excellent job!
Question, do the links for the map downloads on page one need to be updated? They are listing version 'C'? I have seen internally the maps listed as 'D' or 'E'.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
No. The maps get incremented each update to avoid overwriting maps in progress. There is no difference otherwise.

tibbzeh

Jul 29, 2019
Iguana Tweaks might have a way to wipe modifiers, though wether that is a finished feature I'm not sure about. For now I'd recommend placing smashing on the hammer the first time it levels up and you get a free modifier.

I looked into it, and a camel pack uses durability to mark how full it is. Either the transposer can't Handle it or I don't know how to make it work.
That is what I figured. Last night I tried to make a pick and then a hammer. Both of them got luck the first time so I am stuck making hammers until I get one that doesn't add luck.

And I figured the Camel Back wouldn't really work easily since it doesn't hold liquid, just repairs it.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea to give Reward Bags a bit of direction. Since this was a ship with plenty of supplies, why not rename the tiers to something related to that? Like Food Supplies, Engineer's Bag, Soldier's Bag, etc. The rewards would be less of a "what's a useful thing that won't break progression" and more of "what items match this category" sort of thing, so there'd be less headache thinking up items to put inside them. Then you could scatter some around the shipwreck in some type of storage containers, or offer them as a reward for quests. Maybe under the pretense of having found one.

Reactions: zaraga and cannajan

kardain

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if there is a way to get around this but when a TiCo hammer/pick/shovel/excavator gets the "Luck" modifier on it the Ex Nihilo hammer cannot be added for the 'Smashing' modifier.

While the workaround has already been mentioned, the cause is Ex Aliquo (see here under Additions > Modifiers)

All modifiers contained within cannot be put on the same tool at the same time, and are incompatable with lava, silk touch, and lapis if determined by config settings

Both use the Ex Nihilo methods for Crooked and Hammered

---

Anyway, Iskandar, I've been enjoying this pack. Although it is a bit too grindy for my taste with the constant water need (though understandable given the backstory in the HQM book), the tier progression you have implemented is well done :D

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
The dehydration feature is a bit limited. Wish we had someone that could make items so there could be larger packs, or backup tanks that would fill your pack when it emptied out.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if my old PC can run this, even without Zombie Awareness running...

But it looks awesome. Pretty similar to a modpack I was tinkering on with a more hardcore surface worldgen, but without all the caves and ores and surface dungeons. I'll give it a try, if it doesn't work now I should be building a new PC in the next week or two.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
where are we with being able to put it in the tranposer?
I can't due to the way the camel pack handles water, it acts like durability and the transposer can't deal with that.

Also EUREKA! Coming in 1.1.1 you will only have 1 map! "But, but, but what about easy versus hard modes?" you say. Ah, see HQM has quest options now. I can quite easily put that choice in the quest book and give out more resources to those who choose the Easy route. And with the reduction down to 1 map... I now can use Lockdown. Die and lose the map? No problemo, just start a new world and it will copy the template over for you!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I've been enjoying this map quite a bit. There's a brutal learning curve here, but that makes me just want to pick it up and try again.

I also made a video out of my experience. Enjoy :3

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Kinda surreal seeing a modder I really respect playing something I created. Awesome, but a bit surreal.