[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, for anyone using a dev version, I screwed up quest progression. If you have not yet started, please re-download the link I sent you. If you have, please cheat in a water bottle with NEI. My bad. . This is why they are dev versions and not live.

So as it turns out.. you can put a water bottle into the camel pack via crafting.. You can also extract it if you combine an empty glass bottle with said pack. Which is how I ended up getting my water.

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019

This is a short video for now; I plan on making a few 15-20 minute episodes to reduce the downtime on video of punching wood or harvesting dust. I took some liberties editing this first video Iskandar and can remove that portion if you wish since it's not directly in your pack.​

iHeartZigg

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Creeper griefing should be off. Then again, pyrotheum powered creeper explosions might be exempt from that.
I can confirm that there seems to be some kind of creeper explosions near the pyrotheum.
04ef37dfaf.jpg

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
No wonder creepers go off in the night. I've holed myself inside the starter shelter and suddenly boom boom. lava everywhere when I checked outside.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the same thing, but when I try to spawn creeper there, nothing gets destroyed.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Huh. Well, interesting. Not something I can really fix, I'l just call it a feature not a bug.[DOUBLEPOST=1401977706][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, for all my beta testers, the last quest in making food got goofed up. Meant for it to be spider eye soup, instead of a spider eye. I've fixed it. but since it is the last quest in the chain, don't worry about it for now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

This is a short video for now; I plan on making a few 15-20 minute episodes to reduce the downtime on video of punching wood or harvesting dust. I took some liberties editing this first video Iskandar and can remove that portion if you wish since it's not directly in your pack.​
Nah, it is all good. Well done, btw. And yes, that jetpack is a troll. Glad you're having fun.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
What the hell? Ok, somewhere in the mix-up between my testing and live environments, sieve automation got turned off. If you end up not being able to use an autonomous activator on a sieve, this is why. I have fixed it for the next version. For now, check your crowley.skyblock.cfg and set that to true. Should be somewhere in the middle.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I tested this pack out just now.

Feedback: See if you can add armour status HUD or other mod that adds a status bar on the armour, so we can keep tabs on how low our camel pack is getting easily. Second i have now idea if this is meant to happen or not but that lava or pyrotheium or what ever it is on the ground melted itself like maybe 7-10 blocks down over one night. Third I know that this is a new pack but the quests where kinda short i did 5 or so right away (2 nights) before i died (stupid creeper!!!), I dont know if they get harder to complete later on but if they continue to be that easy this map will have 1-3 hours of play time in it. Course i was just flying through it to test out all the things so..... Anyways I like the idea and I hope to see further development and popularity with this pack. Anyways that is my take on the map. Thanks for reading.

On a side note I lost my world, do i delete the folder for Crash landing in my downloads and re-download the pack?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note I lost my world, do i delete the folder for Crash landing in my downloads and re-download the pack?

There is a link on the first post for a new map. Or when you update always copy and rename your world first. If you don't rename and update your world will get reset to the default.

edit: Yeah its dangerous to make camp beside leaking spaceship fuel.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that there seems to be some kind of creeper explosions near the pyrotheum.
04ef37dfaf.jpg

No creepers exploded in my world but i still have this hole I am pretty sure that that liquid, lava, pyrotheum, or what ever it is, is burning the dust, kinda like fire and wood.[DOUBLEPOST=1402008775][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is a link on the first post for a new map. Or when you update always copy and rename your world first. If you don't rename and update your world will get reset to the default.

edit: Yeah its dangerous to make camp beside leaking spaceship fuel.

thanks thats good to know

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Pack Update!

Version 1.0.4
added Modtweaker
added salt to sieving dust
rebalanced hunger and thirst slightly
added a few quests to address hunger issues
rebalanced the map slightly for multiplayer
tweaked a lot of quests to add flavor text and hints
added a jungle sapling to the starting equipment
a few more reward bags
tweaked heat from blocks a bit

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
That Monster Jerky quest fooled me. Thought I wouldn't have to wait for rotten flesh to dry on a rack but once I clicked submit quest, sub-quest tells me to use a drying rack >_<

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That Monster Jerky quest fooled me. Thought I wouldn't have to wait for rotten flesh to dry on a rack but once I clicked submit quest, sub-quest tells me to use a drying rack >_<
Not sure what you're talking about. The zombie jerky quest doesn't involve drying racks at all.

Note that there is a difference between zombie jerky, which has a crafting recipe and monster jerky which uses a drying rack. The quest deals with the former, not the latter.

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
Water funnily enough hasn't been my problem so far. It's food. There's just nothing to eat at the very start besides zombie flesh which drains your hunger like crazy if you actively attack them. Besides that unfortunate creeper incident, my only other death was due to starvation. With confidence.. I say that wheat sucks. Pray a zombie drops a potato, you get better yields on them.

I'm current trying to get back to the point I was last at.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Water funnily enough hasn't been my problem so far. It's food. There's just nothing to eat at the very start besides zombie flesh which drains your hunger like crazy if you actively attack them. Besides that unfortunate creeper incident, my only other death was due to starvation. With confidence.. I say that wheat sucks. Pray a zombie drops a potato, you get better yields on them.

I'm current trying to get back to the point I was last at.

You should be able to wait until morning and grab up all the stuff that came from zombies and skeletons burning up. In 1.0.4 I turned hardcore hunger off, so it shouldn't be draining that badly. I think. Hmm. I should check my configs. I've been finding more than a few discrepancies between my dev environment and what goes out in the pack updates. And I'm not sure why.

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I did my second-first night. Unfortunately the next evening I had almost no zombies spawning somehow.. it was mostly creepers, skeletons, and spiders. No flesh that night was enough to spell death.