[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing 2 wil lbe a thing. At the moment I am involved with rebuilding Atonement. And after that I will likely be busy with brand new twins arriving sometime, likely, in March. When I have the time and energy I will be investigating the best way to approach Crash Landing 2.
Really? Whoa! Awesome! I'm sorry for distributing misinformation, man. :confused:
I gotta say, I really liked the first pack, even if I never made it past the first quest tree. :p One cool thing you might do with CL2 is to put it on GitHub and allow people to make pull requests for config changes and mod additions; there's a lot of people (including myself! :D) who would be glad to do the grunt work.
... Good luck with the twins, though! That takes priority; the community will support you regardless of what you choose to do with yourself. :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that Iskandar more or less does NOT intend to update the pack. You can, however, find other packs with bits and pieces of CL's mechanics set; Regrowth springs to mind as a potential candidate.

Marooned feels the closest for people looking for a similar experience. Post Finem has a similar feel too, just with a focus on minechem at the start.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, @iskander I did attempt to make an ice style map for this Crash Landing(Sorry for anyone that was excited for this)(But that was before I knew how to do a modpacking) and then I lost it when my file back up corrupted half of my files... Well now I am more experienced in modpack dev and I would like to know if, when you start developing CL2 if I could make an alt questline/map, it doesn't need to be a part of the official download or anything just want to know if you'd be interested.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
(this is copied and pasted from my post on the Atonement forum, with a few edits, I just wanted everyone to hear how awesome I think you are, lol)

Thanks for the updated info Iskandar (and for the info on the Atonement forum as well). We totally understand that you are busy with life right now. And life, especially kids or expected kids, should come first. No question about that. You make some awesome and brutally hard packs (heh, I'm kind of curious what kind of soul crushing ideas you and Eyamaz could come up with if you teamed up...). What I love about your packs, is the depth of game play, and how much thought and work you put into them. It makes your packs feel less like mod packs, and more like independent games.

I used to play a lot of the FtB packs, but after a while they felt like they were all the same. They just took all of the big mods, and threw them together. It was the same "kitchen sink" pack over and over again, just newer version. Not to say that they didn't take time and effort to make. Just never really felt like anything new was happening. Then they announced that they were going to be doing packs with specific directions instead of kitchen sink packs. I got excited. But then they seemed to scrap that idea and just go back to kitchen sink packs. Very sad. Then it seemed like at least two of they're more prominent well known members (purposfully leaving out names) left the team to go solo and/or work on collaborations of their choosing. At least one of which I believe said they did so BECAUSE of the whole kitchen sink pack thing. And those two pack creators have made some of my favorite packs, and have some in the works that sound utterly awesome.

Anyway, lol, my point is that I love that your packs have direction, and story, and it's not just a bunch of shit thrown together. "People like mod X, so I better put it in my pack, even though it does the same thing as mod Y and Z which are already in there."

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thank you kindly. BTW, I'd suggest checking out Modular Mayhem. While not as strictly bound together as Crash Landing or Atonement, and it lacks quests or achievements, it is a very themed pack. It is also much more relaxed, not focused on survival but more exploring content around a central theme.

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have to ask.
I have started a new game of Crash Landing from the Curse launcher.
And so far I have managed to survive, even to the point of finding the city that is north of the ship.
However, I simply cannot find any smeltery related items anywhere in the city. Sure, I got 3 movie theaters, a stack of apartment building and such, but not one single one where there are any type of smeltery involved. I even have 4 gas stations.

So, is it a dud, or should I start excavating the entire city and just hope that it is buried under the dust?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok, I have to ask.
And so far I have managed to survive, even to the point of finding the city that is north of the ship.
However, I simply cannot find any smeltery related items anywhere in the city. Sure, I got 3 movie theaters, a stack of apartment building and such, but not one single one where there are any type of smeltery involved. I even have 4 gas stations.

So, is it a dud, or should I start excavating the entire city and just hope that it is buried under the dust?
In my experience, buildings are hit and miss. It may be a dud for smeltery purposes.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as the game uses a set map, won't the cities always have the same stuff in them? Either way, the buildings w the smeltery stuff in them are underground. They have metal chimneys sticking up out of the dust, but the rest of it will be underground.

K

KocLobster

Crash Landing 2 wil lbe a thing. At the moment I am involved with rebuilding Atonement. And after that I will likely be busy with brand new twins arriving sometime, likely, in March. When I have the time and energy I will be investigating the best way to approach Crash Landing 2.

This is freaking awesome, I think I speak for most everyone when I say we eagerly await CL2!

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have to ask.

In the most recent version, the map is not entirely set in stone and as I recall both the location and makeup of the cities is random. There is, however, one small static city not terribly far away from the base. I believe it's to the southwest ( I'm assuming the front door of the ship is on the north side?). The city is not that big, but the first building you come to in that city is a smeltery building. There is a pigmen spawner upstairs and a spider spawner downstairs. Both are easy to handle with some dust pillars, then just move away and come back. You should have enough seared blocks to build a functional single level smeltery.

K

KocLobster

I had a couple questions. I had the misfortune of being born in the U.S., and so I didn't learn the metric system and am stuck with the imperial system. So I have a hard time converting the enviromine temperatures to degrees Fahrenheit on the fly. I couldn't find any way to alter this or a config to switch. Does anyone know of a work around? I know for a fact the option to do just this exists in Enviromine's profile/config settings, but I don't seem able to access them anywhere.

Also, for some reason in the controls, I don't see an option anywhere to set a key binding to sprint, and as such I can't sprint. Can someone help me with this? I NEED this modpack!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I had a couple questions. I had the misfortune of being born in the U.S., and so I didn't learn the metric system and am stuck with the imperial system. So I have a hard time converting the enviromine temperatures to degrees Fahrenheit on the fly. I couldn't find any way to alter this or a config to switch. Does anyone know of a work around? I know for a fact the option to do just this exists in Enviromine's profile/config settings, but I don't seem able to access them anywhere.

Also, for some reason in the controls, I don't see an option anywhere to set a key binding to sprint, and as such I can't sprint. Can someone help me with this? I NEED this modpack!
Can't help you with the first, outside of telling you the config is in there.

As for the second don't forget that this is 1.6.4, there is NO keybind for sprint. You double tap forward.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Have you tried "B:"Use Farenheit instead of Celsius"=false" in EnviroMine.txt? You could also try to convince your countrymen to switch to a more sensible system :p

I use BetterSprinting_1.6.4_Forge_v11 in all 1.6.4 modpacks, maybe try that.

K

KocLobster

Can't help you with the first, outside of telling you the config is in there.

As for the second don't forget that this is 1.6.4, there is NO keybind for sprint. You double tap forward.

Ah okay, thanks, I forgot and am used to 1.7.10 and 1.8.9. That's weird, I will reinstall, and/or try using the Curse launcher instead of FTB, and see if it fixes it. The mods button is only accessible before loading a world for some reason (is that because its per-1.7.x?) and not in-game, and when I access it and look at Enviromine, the config button is greyed out. :/

Have you tried "B:"Use Farenheit instead of Celsius"=false" in EnviroMine.txt? You could also try to convince your countrymen to switch to a more sensible system :p

I use BetterSprinting_1.6.4_Forge_v11 in all 1.6.4 modpacks, maybe try that.

I like to say F stands for Fake temperature.

Fat chance! I'd rather just move to a suburb of London, honestly. Where is enviromine.txt? I couldn't find any config or text files in my modpack, only the .jar

Edit: Sorry everyone, my worst mistake was not informing everybody that I'm an idiot right off the bat. I found where I can edit EnviroMine to display Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. Great game Iskandar.

S

SotirisAel

For some reason the Fisher doesnt work for me. Any help or is it disabled?

H

HiwaK_99

Can someone help? I cannot for the life of me find a reactor building! I have looked in well over 50 cities in a 10000x10000 radius but nothing?
Is it seriously that rare or am I missing something? :(

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Can someone help? I cannot for the life of me find a reactor building! I have looked in well over 50 cities in a 10000x10000 radius but nothing?

It shouldn't be rare, I've found tons of them (I used them to scavenge dark glass blocks). One of them was in the city right next to the ship (in the direction the cabin is facing).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you don't mind a little bit of casual cheating, you could use uNmINeD to explore the world outside of the game and look for circular buildings or new cities near the edge of the explored area.

T

thais

I'm trying to play crash landing w my bf, but he open the LAN n it appears to me but if i try to connect it loads for a bit n then it says 'operation timed out, failed to connect to the server', n if i try to open the LAN to him it wont even appear my server to him to connect. Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited: