[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Insert into controller (itemducts/hopper). Pull from drain with fluiduct into casting table/basin. Pull from table/basin with hopper/itemduct.

And one kind of nice thing about the fluiducts is that you can reverse the flow using a wrench/crescent and suck the stuff back up into the smeltery if you don't have enough to complete whatever you're pouring (ingot/basin/etc.).

kantomaster

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem, aren't you supposed to have limited lives? I've started a world and it says that hqm mode isn't enabled and therefore I only have 1 life, i tried doing the /hqm quest command and it says that it's already enabled, even though it says it isn't enabled upon loading the world and in the quest book. is it supposed to be like this, or am i doing something wrong?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem, aren't you supposed to have limited lives? I've started a world and it says that hqm mode isn't enabled and therefore I only have 1 life, i tried doing the /hqm quest command and it says that it's already enabled, even though it says it isn't enabled upon loading the world and in the quest book. is it supposed to be like this, or am i doing something wrong?

Its only 1 life, you use the sync mod as your lives.

Reactions: kantomaster

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if you have the security upgrade in you PnC machines, does the compressor still eat coal when it reach's max pressure? If so, whats the best way to stop that without having to flip a lever every time?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if you have the security upgrade in you PnC machines, does the compressor still eat coal when it reach's max pressure? If so, whats the best way to stop that without having to flip a lever every time?

Pressure gauges emit redstone based on pressure and you can use that to auto turn off the compressor when it is not needed. As for it burning coal when the system is full, that is due to it trying to over fill/blow up the system. Since the mod maker has to force you to use the gauges/release valves somehow.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Uh oh... Minecraft crashes every time I try to open my save. The only real change I've made since the last time I saved was working with Pneumatic Craft, specifically I left a PCB in etching acid and then had to save the game.

Someone on this thread mentioned using MCEdit (I think?) to fix things like that. Anyone have a similar experience? Advice?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Pressure gauges emit redstone based on pressure and you can use that to auto turn off the compressor when it is not needed. As for it burning coal when the system is full, that is due to it trying to over fill/blow up the system. Since the mod maker has to force you to use the gauges/release valves somehow.

Yeah, I have watched several videos, but I can never get my head around simple redstone control.lol Thanks for the help.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Uh oh... Minecraft crashes every time I try to open my save. The only real change I've made since the last time I saved was working with Pneumatic Craft, specifically I left a PCB in etching acid and then had to save the game.

Someone on this thread mentioned using MCEdit (I think?) to fix things like that. Anyone have a similar experience? Advice?
It's a possibility, just go into mcedit and try deleting the block that is causing the problem (I know it's not a block but just delete everything in that 1x1x1 cube).

And, as always, Make A Backup before you start.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
It's a possibility, just go into mcedit and try deleting the block that is causing the problem (I know it's not a block but just delete everything in that 1x1x1 cube).

And, as always, Make A Backup before you start.

I downloaded/installed MCEdit and tried to open my save but MCEdit complained about not finding any saves. So instead, I opened the level.dat file and that seemed to work. I could see my world, in a wireframe view.

I managed to make my way to the general area where the acid pool was and tried selecting blocks. I really don't know what I was doing, but I selected a bunch of blocks, hit the delete key, and nothing happened.

I gave up, saved the file and quit MCEdit.

Then I relaunched FTB and CrashLanding and my world worked! No idea what I did or how it happened, but it worked.

I'll take it... I really should read up on how to use the tool prior to diving in.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly! :)

Had a huge scare last night after I got it working again. I had been "in the basement" making PCBs for a long time, then I went up to the outdoor farm and an flying invisible spider attacked me. I wasn't really prepared for monsters as the compound had been monster free for so long. Anyway, I started running away and a giant Zombie appeared. Not sure how he got in there, maybe a ghast... Anyway, he hit me and was down to 1/2 a heart. I made it into the shuttle, blocked the door with Dust and sighed a huge sigh of relief.

But then I realized I still heard the spider noise.

Turns out the spider had SOMEHOW gotten into my shuttle through the 1-wide door! How is that even possible? Anyway, it killed me and I sync'd down in the basement. I clicked the empty shell and it started making a new me, as I sat there and rifled through the emergency "So you just died, eh?" chest and got a few basic pieces of gear equipped. I kept hearing the darned spider making its annoying noises, but I couldn't see it in the shuttle when I peeked up the ladder a few times.

Then, I turned around and saw the outline of the invisible spider IN THE BASEMENT with me! I shot it with an arrow as it came for me and then hit it with a pick. I was down to three hearts when I killed it!

Got upstairs, broke open the gravestone and then walled myself into a corner while I waited for my clone to form.

Too close for me!

Never did figure out how the spider and giant zombie got in, or how the spider got inside the shuttle and then down into the basement. Yike!

Reactions: Anesos and loboca

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Air Compressor the only thing that can be used to fill PnC machines in this pack? Or is there something better?

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Air Compressor the only thing that can be used to fill PnC machines in this pack? Or is there something better?

There's a kinetic compressor that you have to power. It requires beefier pipes though since it can generate up to something like 10 or 20 bars of pressure.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) I will have to wait till I get a Big Reactor then before I use that then. Almost have everything I need for an assembly table for PCB's,

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he was an flying ghost spider? Because ghosts will pass through walls at will, you know? And maybe the Giant hopped a ride on the spider. They do that sometimes, don't they? Give rides, that is. At least, they do to creepers and skeletons, so maybe the zombie was feeling left out and wanted to join in the party.:p

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I went up to the outdoor farm and an flying invisible spider attacked me.
[...]
Never did figure out how the spider and giant zombie got in, or how the spider got inside the shuttle and then down into the basement. Yike!

Was it completely invisible, or did it have light yellow stripes on the legs? If it's the latter it was a ghost spider, which can pass through walls!

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you:) I will have to wait till I get a Big Reactor then before I use that then. Almost have everything I need for an assembly table for PCB's,
You can get either 320 or 640 rf/tick easily with a potions generator, depending on which potion you pick. Recipe for the generator is expensive, but it's stupid easy to automate with SFM and none of the potion ingredients require a city trip (minus one blaze rod for the brewing stand).

Once you have that going, that should be more than enough power for a kinetic generator.

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic