[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

verniu

Jul 29, 2019
Ground level was raised from like 64 to 74 in 1.1.3. Squid will not start to spawn in your water unless you put it below 64. Dig and make a water pool; you should start getting some squid before long.
Thanks for all, i put a bucket of water,make a hole and its work! Now i have ink. And seeds! :)

verniu

Jul 29, 2019
You can find them in the city or combine ink sacks with grass seeds to get them. Now in order to get the ink sacks, just make a squid spawning pool at or around normal minecraft sea level and wait for one to spawn.
Thanks, i make a pool, now i have the ink, and the seeds. :)

namae

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not aware if anything in PnC that you have to go to a city to get. As far as I know everything can be crafted, so this really isn't that big of a deal.
Previously you got tons of stuff including ingots, machines, chamber walls and helmet from first tower. Iirc even PCB and some plastic was there and that was really helpful since PC itself requires tons of iron (which is naturally needed everywhere) and in same time is required to make pretty much everything else because craft shoehorned into it. A trip to a town was dangerous but breakthrough moment, now there's literally no reason to go scavenging normal towns but first time for smeltery. Grinding iron is kind of a big deal to me though.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Grinding iron is kind of a big deal to me though.
Why? You're surrounded by the stuff. And there are some blocks of iron dust in some of the dunes. And you have an AA with SFM in the pack. Sifting for diamonds and iron is really not that big a deal, I would think.;)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Previously you got tons of stuff including ingots, machines, chamber walls and helmet from first tower. Iirc even PCB and some plastic was there and that was really helpful since PC itself requires tons of iron (which is naturally needed everywhere) and in same time is required to make pretty much everything else because craft shoehorned into it. A trip to a town was dangerous but breakthrough moment, now there's literally no reason to go scavenging normal towns but first time for smeltery. Grinding iron is kind of a big deal to me though.
I have made exactly one city trip to get the stuff for the smeltery and haven't gone back. I'm almost completely through the PnC quests without any city raids. Not only am I not having any resource issues with PnC, but I'm practically drowning in iron.

If you're having resource issues, it's not because of the lack of PnC buildings. It's because your sifting operation is lacking. A simple XU cobble gen + AA w/stone hammers + SFM sifter will give you metals and gems stupidly fast.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I have made exactly one city trip to get the stuff for the smeltery and haven't gone back. I'm almost completely through the PnC quests without any city raids. Not only am I not having any resource issues with PnC, but I'm practically drowning in iron.

If you're having resource issues, it's not because of the lack of PnC buildings. It's because your sifting operation is lacking. A simple XU cobble gen + AA w/stone hammers + SFM sifter will give you metals and gems stupidly fast.

I'm know longer worried about PnC stuff,(even though it help with an energy cell here&there) My thing is I have now found 11 cities, 8 towns, and dozens of cemetery's, but NO reactor buildings. I have been 2000+ blocks in all directions.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
In the small towns,(the one with gas station's in it) There is a small building with an elevator that goes down. In (I think the first floor) it has untextured blocks that are called "Unnamed" when you click on the they just vanish. Does anyone know what they are suppose to be? Well, back to looking for a reactor building.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
In the small towns,(the one with gas station's in it) There is a small building with an elevator that goes down. In (I think the first floor) it has untextured blocks that are called "Unnamed" when you click on the they just vanish. Does anyone know what they are suppose to be? Well, back to looking for a reactor building.

Saw the same thing, but forgot to post about it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've come to the realization that I'm not lucky! I have went 5000+ blocks in all directions from my ship and still can not find an Ind. City! I have found so many Cities, Towns, Grave Yards, and what look like farm house's, but no reactor buildings. I don't want to start over I have work/played really hard, and Blah, Blah.lol I guess I could just did straight down to the other side of the world.lol

Advice to anyone exploreing under those grave yards..DON"T, just DON"T lol They are AWESOME lololo...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys in this episode i show how to get a smeltery without going to the town. I also cleared it with shane and show an exploit with the seared brick to get double out each time. I also show how to get jungle sapling if you need them. I had a squid spawn in my water holes for gravel but it despawned before i got the cam running. it was a 1by 1 hole?

Reactions: Demon2236

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Saw the same thing, but forgot to post about it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Bad code in the template already fixed (it was supposed to be dust BTW). Still so far I've only found 2 bad codes so considering all the templates this isn’t too bad.

But if anybody else finds a messed up block or a block that looks out of place plz let me know so I can track it down.

Tabris

Jul 29, 2019
@Shane2482, i just noticed the High Oven is tripling ores instead of doubling them (At least when smelting dust blocks), is this meant to work like that or is that a bug?

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
I need suggestions, to advance, I need rose red. I have been through 3 cities, two graveyards (although not in the crypt...I am not that brave yet) and I believe an area that was a farm, and not one chest had rose red. I have used 3 stacks of bone meal on a 5x5 grass area, I have a ton of seeds and trees and yellow flowers...but not one rose. I tried grabbing the red wool beds in the city and try to pulverize it into string and rose red...but it isn't true dyed wool...so I am out of ideas. Is there any other way to get rose red or am I just stuck?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I need rose red... I have used 3 stacks of bone meal on a 5x5 grass area, I have a ton of seeds and trees and yellow flowers...
I think - not 100% sure - that vanilla flower mechanics are such that the flower that spawns on a block will always be the same flower. So if that 5x5 area doesn't contain a rose-spawning block, then you will never get a rose from it.

Reactions: Ladysarajane

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I need suggestions, to advance, I need rose red. I have been through 3 cities, two graveyards (although not in the crypt...I am not that brave yet) and I believe an area that was a farm, and not one chest had rose red. I have used 3 stacks of bone meal on a 5x5 grass area, I have a ton of seeds and trees and yellow flowers...but not one rose. I tried grabbing the red wool beds in the city and try to pulverize it into string and rose red...but it isn't true dyed wool...so I am out of ideas. Is there any other way to get rose red or am I just stuck?

I don't know of any other tricks, but I will say that I've found it in lots of chests. I'd try another graveyard or three (they seem to be the most common thing out there...).

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
It's just RNG luck. I was bonemealing last nite and one of the things that sprouted was a red rose. No yellow yet though.

Though depending on how far you're in on the pack one of the options seems to be an ender quarry if you can afford it. It seems to sprout green grass patches with sprinkles of flower.