[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I need suggestions, to advance, I need rose red. I have been through 3 cities, two graveyards (although not in the crypt...I am not that brave yet) and I believe an area that was a farm, and not one chest had rose red. I have used 3 stacks of bone meal on a 5x5 grass area, I have a ton of seeds and trees and yellow flowers...but not one rose. I tried grabbing the red wool beds in the city and try to pulverize it into string and rose red...but it isn't true dyed wool...so I am out of ideas. Is there any other way to get rose red or am I just stuck?
Instead of more bone meal which gets you a ton of other stuff you have to clear out, try the watering can on grass. I'm not 100% sure it'll work on 1.6, but I get flowers popping up all the time on my 1.7 world when watering melons next to grass.

Reactions: Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Thanks everyone for your replies. Right now I think I am stuck until I find more graveyard/cities with a chest that might have rose red in it. I have tried the watering can on grass and I do not get the rose red either. I am not far enough for the ender quarry. I haven't found an industrial city so all my basic items need to be from scratch. Including seared bricks....do you know how long it takes to get sear bricks using stones and a crucible??? A very long time...although now it is easier since I have gotten a basic high oven going.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Thanks everyone for your replies. Right now I think I am stuck until I find more graveyard/cities with a chest that might have rose red in it. I have tried the watering can on grass and I do not get the rose red either. I am not far enough for the ender quarry. I haven't found an industrial city so all my basic items need to be from scratch. Including seared bricks....do you know how long it takes to get sear bricks using stones and a crucible??? A very long time...although now it is easier since I have gotten a basic high oven going.
The water can method take forever, no joke. it is random when it spawns and there is some much on the spawn list for grass that it is hard to get it.

Tabris

Jul 29, 2019
The water can method take forever, no joke. it is random when it spawns and there is some much on the spawn list for grass that it is hard to get it.
Are we actually supposed to get seared bricks without finding them on a city?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
He's playing 1.2 for the most part so it's still possible to get the bricks from the mini crucible. A city trip might be quicker though even for 1.2 - quick but deadly:p

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014

I don't know why not. I cannot find an industrial city in 1.1.3. The cities I have found do not have the pneumatic or smeltery buildings. The recipe for seared stone in 1.1.3 is very long and grindy with dirt, stones and crucible. I had rather dealt with a city if I could have found one.

Tabris

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why not. I cannot find an industrial city in 1.1.3. The cities I have found do not have the pneumatic or smeltery buildings. The recipe for seared stone in 1.1.3 is very long and grindy with dirt, stones and crucible. I had rather dealt with a city if I could have found one.
Are you digging under the dust? I found a smeltery on the starter city, the ffirst one i found. Still haven't found a PneumaticCraft facility but i built most pneumaticcraft stuff myself.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i haven't tested it in 1.1.3 but it doesn't say anything on the change log and Shane said it was still in when i talked to him about it. it should still work in 1.1.3. But i'll test it tomorrow and see if it works in the new one. There is not that much difference in the 2 other then the ore dust and the town spawns.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019

There are lots of smeltery buildings out there and (as @Tabris said) -- in fact, literally the closest building to your base is the building in the south-east corner of the starter city (about 500 blocks to the NW). That building has a smeltery (and also a zombie pig spawner...). There are a couple more smeltery buildings in the city up in the northern part (they're "ruined" so they look broken up, but you can still find bits and pieces of the smeltery stuff there).

Now, the Pneumatic Craft stuff is a different story. Could be much harder to find. Luckily you can make most if not all of the stuff on your own.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is making bottles disappear when you empty the water into Drums, tanks, etc? The reason I ask, is I finally setup a SfM auto camel pack re-filler, but every time it pulls glass bottles into the autonomous activator it clicks to fill it, but if its not returned back to the chest fast enough it will click on the drum and just loose the bottle. I have tried doing the same by hand, and it does the same thing.

I guess I can keep it stocked with bottles, but I just now noticed I am not getting my bottles back after SfM is done crafting a full Camel Pack. Is this also a thing, or does anyone know if I set something up wrong?

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is making bottles disappear when you empty the water into Drums, tanks, etc? The reason I ask, is I finally setup a SfM auto camel pack re-filler, but every time it pulls glass bottles into the autonomous activator it clicks to fill it, but if its not returned back to the chest fast enough it will click on the drum and just loose the bottle. I have tried doing the same by hand, and it does the same thing.

I guess I can keep it stocked with bottles, but I just now noticed I am not getting my bottles back after SfM is done crafting a full Camel Pack. Is this also a thing, or does anyone know if I set something up wrong?
Use the liquid crafter

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Use the liquid crafter

MFR Liquicrafter fed with water from a drum, recipe of empty camel pack + 4 water bottles.

PnC aerial interface set to pull an empty camel pack off your back, then put a full one back on you.

This setup auto refills your empty camel pack within seconds. You'll never even know it's gone missing.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
OK,OK. The final tally is 37 Large City's, 41 Towns, 29 Farm House, & 52 Grave Yards. That is what I found before my first Ind. City that I just found:( I am really disappointment with Pnc Buildings, unless it also rare, but it there still a chance you get the energy cell's, and PnC Arms(Laser, Drill, etc.), or is that gone now? It seems for SUCH A RARE!! place there would be a few decent loot Items. Oh well, Now off to take a few screen shots of the reactor building, then mine every block to make one at my base.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

CL site was saying it's the fix that Enviromin made to delete duplicating bottles. It now also eats bottles with refiller. More detailed info there if you look.

frogman79

Jul 29, 2019
New to the forums, not new to CL or some of its basics, I love this mod pack, its really tested what I know about the game.

Making seared bricks is simple really, just takes time and LOTS of those small stones BUT, once you have a cobble gen or lava source and an AA, then build a vanilla STONE gen or make stone in your furnace. Hammering stone gets the small stones, set the AA to pound out the stones over the hopper, place stones in crucible, Block Placers are cheap help too. It will take many stacks of stones to do it but it is possible. Also, you just need enough bricks to make the controller, the tank, the drain, and a casting basin. After that just sear cobblestone in the basin until you have enough to make the smeltery.

The fun part is getting the water to make the bricks to make the high oven....

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why this isn't a thing? I was reading up on EnviroMine and there seems to be a line in the config(I read it on the web, it's not in the actual config, I don't think),

"Allow Camel Pack (Boolean) - True/False if this armor can have a camel pack attached. (Only available on chestplates)"

Why can't this be enabled for at least Diamond Armor(Chest Plate), & the highest tier jetpack? I was trying to find out if it just isn't a thing in this version, but all I found was the configs itself.

Another thing is Villager assistance! I know there is no villages in this pack, but I wonder if when you get a villager it will work the same? " When you trade with them enough to get a good reputation and they will assist you in times of need. Farmers will top up your water, butchers will feed you and priests will be a constant source of sanity."

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind, just found out that the armored camel pack was added in a big update only for 1.7:( O-well it would have been a great feature for this pack.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody tell me how to auto put stuff in smeltery and auto extract it without any fluiduct problem....

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody tell me how to auto put stuff in smeltery and auto extract it without any fluiduct problem....
Insert into controller (itemducts/hopper). Pull from drain with fluiduct into casting table/basin. Pull from table/basin with hopper/itemduct.