[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Sakura The Sky

Jul 29, 2019
Don't try to till grass blocks for farmland. The code interaction from HO is a bit wonky.
I have normal dirt I try to till. I mean I can just spawn farm land blocks to replace the dirt but then I'll get addicted to spawning stuff in, and I know you don't need to be by water to till the dirt because there was a youtuber who tilted dirt while in his crashed ship. on a block he placed just to get some rice.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
...and I know you don't need to be by water to till the dirt because there was a youtuber ...
In this modpack, to obtain farmland via hoeing dirt you MUST have a water source nearby/something else to provide hydration for the soil. No water/soil hydration = no farmland. Period.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I have normal dirt I try to till. I mean I can just spawn farm land blocks to replace the dirt but then I'll get addicted to spawning stuff in, and I know you don't need to be by water to till the dirt because there was a youtuber who tilted dirt while in his crashed ship. on a block he placed just to get some rice.
That block he placed to get the rice was in range of the water source outside the ship to count as hydrated. So yeah, you need water nearby. Try it, then tell us if it still doesn't work.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see why you guys had to go the extra mile to remove the recipes. I'm really not understanding that. Does using chunkloaders give infinite water that I don't know about? It's...A...Chunk...Loader...

As far as what Iskandar stated about the spawn location, yeah, That may have been why he didn't bother with it before and possibly forgot why (I do that all the time). Maybe making the spawn somewhere else and just adding the spot loaders will be sufficient to deal with the spawn issue. I'd rather have the entire area around the ship spawnable for lots of reasons.

Chunk loaders can cause probs with lag if used incorrectly and by now you know that as soon as something stops working due do player error the first thing they do is jump on fourm and start complaining that the pack is broken. This is something Iskandar is wanting to avoid as much as possible yet still help with the sync bug. So this is yet again another compromise that all must make to make the pack better and safer without causing to many probs for Iskandar.

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
*You wake up to find yourself in a strange room where a strange man comes in and starts speaking* I see that it was a necessary compromise to save a lot of never ending whining and complaining so yeah at least we have spot loaders !yay! *you realize now that you were kidnapped*

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
My squid plants keep popping 'off' when my dispenser bonemeals. Do they need sky access or something?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
They need lot's of light.
Even with sky access at mid day with glowstone beside the seeds they kept popping off.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it has something to do with the redstone signals being applied directly to the dispenser. When I indirectly power the dispenser(redstone feeding into block adjacent to dispenser) I have no issues.

Edited: Thinking about it (haven't tested) leads me to believe block updates are what was causing the seeds to pop off

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Even with sky access at mid day with glowstone beside the seeds they kept popping off.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it has something to do with the redstone signals being applied directly to the dispenser. When I indirectly power the dispenser(redstone feeding into block adjacent to dispenser) I have no issues.

Edited: Thinking about it (haven't tested) leads me to believe block updates are what was causing the seeds to pop off
Try droppers, IIRC dispensers are left click and they break the seeds. Maybe

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Try droppers, IIRC dispensers are left click and they break the seeds. Maybe
This is incorrect.(Vanilla Minecraft) Dispensers have special code for specific items(bonemeal, arrows, snowballs, firecharges and fireworks) to trigger actions. They do not 'simulate' a player clicking. I'd also like to point out that droppers do not apply bonemeal. They simply 'expel' the item

With that said, it would appear any block update, not just the redstone(nor the dispenser) was causing them to pop off. That is, placing a block beside the seed creates the same effect. I guess its my setup, but I have it working, using dispenser bonemeal, so no fuss

Last edited:
Reactions: Evillevi

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Chunk loaders can cause probs with lag if used incorrectly and by now you know that as soon as something stops working due do player error the first thing they do is jump on fourm and start complaining that the pack is broken. This is something Iskandar is wanting to avoid as much as possible yet still help with the sync bug. So this is yet again another compromise that all must make to make the pack better and safer without causing to many probs for Iskandar.
*sigh*

Ok. Focusing on one aspect does, in some cases, help solve issues, but not stepping back and looking at the big picture is usually the biggest error anyone can make (and I should know since I do it pretty consistently).

Given that everyone is still complaining about making grinders or whatever because of books found in cities, people complaining about exploits, complaining about dehydration (and not using camel pack), about dying, syncing and losing environmental data, etc.. I think worrying about someone complaining about the use of a chunk loader that is included in just about every pack under the sun because it might cause people to post issues caused by misuse of them? Sorry. I think that ship has sailed around page 50 or so.

TBH, I've never misconfigured a chunk loader and would really love someone to educate me on what you can do wrong with them that can cause issues? Seriously.

given that you actually have a very real bug with sync that is in this pack whose fix lies in the very use of said chunk loader (you were there that night shane when I went out of my way to prove why it was happening). It behooves to have one added and to be used to circumvent that very same issue.

Again, I already said that the spot loaders will fix that one issue, so that's not the primary reason I'm wondering and typing. It's the big question mark on why go through all the trouble to remove recipes for whatever reason. Hell, add a quest and tell the user how to use the chunk loader.

Oh well. I should stop complaining. At least it's added in. That's a step in the right direction I guess.

Reactions: Evillevi

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
To paraphrase Harry Potter The subways are strictly out of bounds for all of those who do not wish to die a most painful death.
Well, I'm gonna have to get that entity tracker into my Pneumatic helm (Yay Pneumaticcraft buildings for having cool loot!)

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Hey.how did you guys sort thing into smeltery without any other ore interrupting???
Two smelteries:

First: Iron, Copper, Lead, Gold, Cobalt
Second: Nickle, Tin, Aluminum, Platinum, Silver, Ardite

The metals to keep Seperate:
Iron - Nickle
Copper - Tin and Aluminum
Silver - Gold
Ardite - Cobalt