[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm playing with 2 other people so, 3 player game total. We find it hard to maintain sustainable food supplies early game. Same with water but we can manage with leaves/dirty water long enough. Does anyone have advice?

If you want the easiest food possible; get soybeans as quickly as you can. When you have soybeans and rice you have everything you need to make cheese burgers which are an incredible food source. From there you just need to get lettuce and tomato and you'll never have to worry about Spice of Life again as long as you only eat when you're missing 5 full bars of hunger.

Also find a way to manually kill zombies and relatively quickly you'll be able to get carrots and potatoes which both are great food sources as well. Before that the soups are your best bet along with toast.

Is there an easy way to prevent bats from spawning anywhere in the game while not directly affecting the spawn rates of anything else in the game? Evidently I've gone too deep outside my base and now it seems like half the mobs are bats simply because they pile up after awhile.

Their spawning rules are supposed to be a dark area that doesn't have the ability to see the sky so basically eliminate those with microblocks, slabs or otherwise. As for getting rid of them they should follow the same despawning rules as hostile mobs(Be > 24 blocks away and they eventually despawn).

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing with 2 other people so, 3 player game total. We find it hard to maintain sustainable food supplies early game. Same with water but we can manage with leaves/dirty water long enough. Does anyone have advice?
Rush quests to get to making rice soup ASAP. Triple manpower should be enough to rush dirt production for sieving dirt so you can get more food types and later big farms. Soybeans are your friend and will give you the ability to make very good food, and punji sticks will let you make mob traps that do not require manual killing for tons of bones. Manual killing tons of mobs can get you carrots and potatoes for extra variety, but uses up hunger.

Kogure

Jul 29, 2019
Did you turn the water droplet in the other direction so instead of making water it gives it out?
Does the QDS show a little mushroom toon on it so you can tell that the task has been assigned?

I got it now. I had to play around with the empty/fill settings. I also changed the placement of the QDS.
I still died, though. Thirst this time. But I have a feeling I'm getting better at this.

Reactions: ScottieC

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you want the easiest food possible; get soybeans as quickly as you can. When you have soybeans and rice you have everything you need to make cheese burgers which are an incredible food source. From there you just need to get lettuce and tomato and you'll never have to worry about Spice of Life again as long as you only eat when you're missing 5 full bars of hunger.
As mentioned previously, you can ignore lettuce and tomato in favor of soy. Add tofu to your cheeseburger, and you now have a bacon cheeseburger, which is also self-sustaining. As your dirt production grows, you can switch from dough to a largish wheat field, as making bread via the vanilla recipe saves 1 cooking process, as well as removing water from the recipe. So, 2 crops = infinite food.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
oh god, dark glass is NOT invulnerable to creeper explosions. Just found that out as 4 mini creepers rushed me on the other side of my base (how does that work) while fiddling with deep oven. I was like wtf and went looking for holes and found one dark glass missing in my newly built mob grinder room. :(
Is there an easy way to prevent bats from spawning anywhere in the game while not directly affecting the spawn rates of anything else in the game? Evidently I've gone too deep outside my base and now it seems like half the mobs are bats simply because they pile up after awhile.

Edit: trying Mob Spawn Controls mod.

note: I'm still on 1.2. I haven't seen a single bat outside those underground subway tunnels under cities. outside? I've not seen a single one.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I think Hoff has the bat spawning rules correct. Only one I've seen came from under the overhang my base makes cause the hole from creeper explosions near the pyrothium.. quite the scene actually. But ya, that bat was outside.

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
Don't they show up in NEI when you look there?[DOUBLEPOST=1410390117][/DOUBLEPOST]

How is your mattock not working? As in it won't till the dirt now? Maybe the water is too far away.

What does your farm look like? A bit more detail might help too.
Oh... So it needs water. Derp

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
oh god, dark glass is NOT invulnerable to creeper explosions. Just found that out as 4 mini creepers rushed me on the other side of my base (how does that work) while fiddling with deep oven. I was like wtf and went looking for holes and found one dark glass missing in my newly built mob grinder room. :(

note: I'm still on 1.2. I haven't seen a single bat outside those underground subway tunnels under cities. outside? I've not seen a single one.

It's the other glass - the one from the pulverized obsidian and lead that doesn't break when exploded. Forgot what's it called though? Because I was thinking to make a room with dark glass too :p

I had a lot of bats in my base. The sound just drove me nuts because I couldn't figure out where they were when everything was lit up. Well, apparently when I was laying down some slabs on the surface I had made a pocket lane under it and forgot to fill it up before covering it with slabs. I am glad all I had was a bunch of bats down there.:rolleyes:

MikkiNinja

Jul 29, 2019
I was in my inventory, and I think I accidentally clicked something, and my craft guide UI disappeared, so I can't search for crafting recipes anymore. How do I get it back? :)

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
this is the part where i point out there's an ocean and mesa biome in the screenshot. clearly not from this pack.
I know its not my sky base but still it looks amazing[DOUBLEPOST=1410473501][/DOUBLEPOST]im still working on my base magic pencil walls activate

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
Also I found this tech mod that should be added. Tell me if you like it in the thread. P.S watch both parts
Here are some screen shots
New power sources,One new ore, and Robit.
the Possibilities are endless.
ejirusi_343626.jpg

150px-Osmium_Ore.png

images.jpg

tBhxRxg.png

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
Also im starting a youtube series on this soon but if you guys want some resource guide videos on certain mods like ex nihlo tell me[DOUBLEPOST=1410474348][/DOUBLEPOST]You mean i can add anything i want.......my mind has been blown
patrick_OMG.jpg

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever i play a mod pack like this i feel like im only scratching the surface. Plus last time i played tekkit this happened. Good bye Red inc.
upload_2014-9-11_18-37-33.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1410475210][/DOUBLEPOST]I came to this planet to get rich turns out i have bad landing skills
upload_2014-9-11_18-40-5.png