[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Caption's Log 117A, After being stranded on this planet I have finally made the necessary repairs on my ship. I have found evidence of what use to be intelligent life on this barren planet, but they have long since gone from this world. Did they abandoned this world, or were they wiped out?!?
2014-09-11_20.28.21.png
2014-09-11_20.28.37.png

Captain's Log 117B, I am unable to find a suitable fuel source to escape the atmosphere of this God for sacked hot planet! I fear I may spend the rest of my days stuck here.

Captain's Log 117C, I tried another trip to the city of the dead. I didn't get far before I was attacked by a horrible creature. It looked like some sort of pig man! I made it back to my base recovering from my wounds. I am alone, scared, and in need of away of this dust ball. I fear this will be my last recording. My supplies are low, and I am starting to hear things in the night......

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
There were two, which I got from safari nets from a villager (looking at some of the villager trades...holy crap. particularly the pams harvestcraft villager.) They vanished when I wasn't looking. I'm...concerned.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys. I can't stop playing this pack. rofl Everytime i start recording i end up just having to just stop the recording.

here is the next episode.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
He has specifically stated that he intended this pack to be forgiving of weaker systems. Mod pack authors should neither be handicapped by those with weaker systems, nor be forced to shut out large portions of their player base by installing a bunch of widgets to satisfy the people with dedicated gaming systems.
they're learning stops when they cook themselves into juicy hamburgers, then I'll give them a passing grade :)
The real trick is to teach them to cook their mature children into burgers for you..... you need to keep your breeding stock of course.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think it was @twisto51 that I saw mentioning this tho I could be wrong. Thanks to whoever did. I never tried using jungle trees in harvester and using the vines to make dirt. jeez. that thing just goes to town. all these leaves to make regular water if I want as well. It's a nice way to even out what you make and how you make it. If those jungle trees weren't so damn laggy. I made a fertilizer, placed it, powered it, but haven't used it once yet. It's going pretty damn strong no matter what I do, driving my freaking fps down as well :) errr :( definately :( :)

It's fairly obvious to me that there are bugs surrounding the pack because of individual mods and the fact they are in update hiatus or cancelled as the makers went to 1.7 and not looking back. I understand. I'd rather deal with steelworks bugs in 1.6.4 with PC, sync, deep tank, etc... (ctd on controller for unknown reasons, happened twice today). These and other bugs I think can be managed, because they are the bugs we know. Unknown bugs scare me tho. 1.7 is a mixed bag. On one hand, new features from new and old mods. On other hand, growing pains. Whatever Iskandar does, I'm sure it'll be good, tho my box needs to be replaced for sure. If Microsoft buys Mojang, maybe not.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I just majorly derped I was about to make the final compressed iron I needed for my preasure chamber but I ignited the tnt and forgot to put the iron on it then I tried to put on the iron at the last minute then I went sky high and because I had recently died at the city I had no sync shell then you know what happened next

Reactions: ScottieC

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think it was @twisto51 that I saw mentioning this tho I could be wrong. Thanks to whoever did. I never tried using jungle trees in harvester and using the vines to make dirt. jeez. that thing just goes to town. all these leaves to make regular water if I want as well. It's a nice way to even out what you make and how you make it. If those jungle trees weren't so damn laggy. I made a fertilizer, placed it, powered it, but haven't used it once yet. It's going pretty damn strong no matter what I do, driving my freaking fps down as well :) errr :( definately :( :)
For 2x2 jungle saps just use a 2x2 of dirt and an activator with bonemeal :3

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear. I have an i5 Intel, 8 gigs of ram, a nVidea 770 card, and just a boring normal 1TB HD (not SSD). And I have massive "Stuttering" problems with 1.7.10 (never tried other versions). I give Minecraft 4gigs of Ram thru the FTB launcher. I experienced it today when I tried a new pack I saw LordRaccon playing over on the ATLauncher (Age of Adventure or some such).

What I mean by stuttering is that the game plays fine. No "lag," no "slowdown", nothing...until I start moving around...and as long as I stay in the same general area, within a chuck or two of where I started moving, nothing bad happens. And then I move a bit farther, and the game freezes...for a second or two...or possibly longer. Possibly 20-30 seconds (although that's pretty damn rare). And then it lurches back and starts working fine again. And then, after a bit, it'll freeze again, etc, etc, etc. This does NOT happen on 1.6.4 (no matter how many mods I run...I run FTB Monster with 0 problems). It also does this no matter my in-game settings. And if I press f3 while in game, I see the game using no more than 30-40% of the resources allotted to Minecraft. So yeah, no idea why it does this or what causes it, but it's a 1.7.10 thing, not a "my computer is bad" or "I am lying" thing.

This is NOT related to loading NEW chunks, as it happens even if I have already been in those chunks in the past. It does this in ALL versions of 1.7.10, modded or not, but it is much less prevalent in non-modded versions.

Edit: to contain drama

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear. I have an i5 Intel, 8 gigs of ram, a nVidea 770 card, and just a boring normal 1TB HD (not SSD). And I have massive "Stuttering" problems with 1.7.10 (never tried other versions). I give Minecraft 4gigs of Ram thru the FTB launcher. I experienced it today when I tried a new pack I saw LordRaccon playing over on the ATLauncher (Age of Adventure or some such).

What I mean by stuttering is that the game plays fine. No "lag," no "slowdown", nothing...until I start moving around...and as long as I stay in the same general area, within a chuck or two of where I started moving, nothing bad happens. And then I move a bit farther, and the game freezes...for a second or two...or possibly longer. Possibly 20-30 seconds (although that's pretty damn rare). And then it lurches back and starts working fine again. And then, after a bit, it'll freeze again, etc, etc, etc. This does NOT happen on 1.6.4 (no matter how many mods I run...I run FTB Monster with 0 problems). It also does this no matter my in-game settings. And if I press f3 while in game, I see the game using no more than 30-40% of the resources allotted to Minecraft. So yeah, no idea why it does this or what causes it, but it's a 1.7.10 thing, not a "my computer is bad" or "I am lying" thing.

This is NOT related to loading NEW chunks, as it happens even if I have already been in those chunks in the past. It does this in ALL versions of 1.7.10, modded or not, but it is much less prevalent in non-modded versions.

Now, I can't find Hexerin's post that PODonnel quoted, but damn, that's probably one of the nastiest things I've ever read on these forums. You have no idea what you're talking about. So yeah, "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it" and all that.
Whoops, I actually didn't mean to post that...... I typed a reply earlier today, decided it was a fight I didn't care to wage and moved on...... then decided to make a silly reply to DoomSquirter and didn't notice that my abandoned post was tacked onto the top of the silly comment...... Funny thing is I can't now find where Hexerin posted that....... I wonder if he deleted it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
For 2x2 jungle saps just use a 2x2 of dirt and an activator with bonemeal :3
wasn't complaining (sort of). rolling in everything. Yeah, I want to run this for a while, shut it down, run something else FPS intensive (siever), shut it down, etc... can't sit there with all of it running non stop. It's the harvesters that are slogging things down and that'd be true even with the 2x2 area.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

Now, I can't find Hexerin's post that PODonnel quoted, but damn, that's probably one of the nastiest things I've ever read on these forums. You have no idea what you're talking about. So yeah, "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it" and all that.
I looked too and didn't find the post, then looked at hexerin's profile and he/she protected it thus seems pretty cheeky to me.

Btw, the problem you are describing fits, to a T, the things fastcraft fixes. It's the worldgen that causes those hiccups. Try fastcraft (linked it before). it might help you. (btw, world gen does not have to equate to loading new chunks, just to state that).

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
which is literally completely irrelevant. this game is 99.99% CPU-based, with that last 0.01% being 'will literally run on anything except 50 year old integrated graphics chips'.

also, @PODonnell: i deleted that post mere minutes after i made it for a reason. please don't dredge up unnecessary drama hours after the fact.
I've redacted your quote from my message, as stated I did not intend to re-post it. That said on the interwebs I have EVERY right to bring up "drama" whether it was originally posted 30 minutes or 8 hours ago. If you're that concerned about what you posted getting read it probably shouldn't have been typed.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
it is exactly because of offensive behavior like your profile stalking that i make my profile private on every forum i ever go on.

i deleted that post within minutes of posting it. @PODonnell apparently thought it necessary to quote it hours later to start drama for no reason.
How is it offensive to check and see where someone posted something? or my thing which is to check what pronouns I should be using.

FYI we can still see what you posted where. The number displaying how many posts you've made is a hyperlink to a search based on your user name.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Hexerin, you retracted your comment, so I took your name out of mine. No hard feelings, just realize that it's not exactly as cut and dry as it might seem. And yeah, I know the graphics card is pretty inconsequential. Just included it for completeness sake.

Btw, the problem you are describing fits, to a T, the things fastcraft fixes. It's the worldgen that causes those hiccups. Try fastcraft (linked it before). it might help you. (btw, world gen does not have to equate to loading new chunks, just to state that).

Gana have to try this out. I'd love to be able to run 1.7.10 better. :) Thanks for the headsup!

EDIT: Can't seem to find said FastCraft except a bukkit plugin that lets you craft things quickly...hmmm...my googlefu is weak.

Last edited: