[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I'd call limitless leaves a pretty serious use... There isn't much use for it otherwise, but on this map leaves without durability loss is quit a gain. If it wasn't would Magzie care how expensive silk touch was?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
5 cobblestone, 2 redstone, 1 furnace, 1 iron ingot. I like using 1 block of charcoal. 4 hours+ power :cool:
i want to hook up 4 around a cell and see what kind of power i can get from it. i think keep it inside is cause heat? anyone know if it is a heat generator for envo?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I record all my actions in my Let's Plays, rofl. My auto sieving is on cam and on the thread. rofl

So being able to get 9 emeralds in 1 day is not better and easier then then a RNG roll off of gravel that will take days to get 1-2? now i'm confused. And you forget there is emerald ore in BnBs which can be mine in the right locations. The only way in a skyblock is through the sieving.
Have you tried mining a block of emerald ore in BnB? far more difficult than than an automated sieving operation. Yes I bore with one of your videos long enough to see a water conveyor auto sieve, but you also just claimed to hammer 12 stacks of cobble into gravel. If you spend that much time using hammers you missed something.

The only packs where it's easier to collect a block of emerald are those with rapid access to automatic minning, ala quarry, and that defeats the purpouse of iguana tweaks.[DOUBLEPOST=1408117854][/DOUBLEPOST]Am I being obtuse or is there really no good way to automate soulsand production until you have access to a liquid transfer node?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'd call limitless leaves a pretty serious use... There isn't much use for it otherwise, but on this map leaves without durability loss is quit a gain. If it wasn't would Magzie care how expensive silk touch was?
You have limitless leave anyway. remember the auto sieve and the planet is dust. i have an unlimited amount of iron. there is "NO" balance reason for it. I take great care in the balance of a game. I hate when things get change for no reason other then change it's self. No one has stated a reason for this to be so.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Magzie, I don't think you and I are ever going to agree on this issue, I think we should table it here rather than continue to go round and round basically restating the same argumnet.

We've both stated how tired we are of the discussion perhaps we should stop having it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I totally forget what the debate is and what everyone's position is.

For the emerald/silk touch thing, I'm squarely in the "who cares" group. Shears cost essentially nothing, so getting a silk touch hatchet is a non issue.

Whoever made the paraphrased comment that "by the time you can get silk touch you probably don't need it anymore" probably made a good point though. If and when I have the resources to get silk touch, maybe I will, but by then I doubt I'll need it.[DOUBLEPOST=1408118473][/DOUBLEPOST]
Magzie, I don't think you and I are ever going to agree on this issue, I think we should table it here rather than continue to go round and round basically restating the same argumnet.

We've both stated how tired we are of the discussion perhaps we should stop having it.
Diplomatic scum! Debate continues until all agree with my opinions, especially my really absurd ones.

Reactions: XxWinnslowxX

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Have you tried mining a block of emerald ore in BnB? far more difficult than than an automated sieving operation. Yes I bore with one of your videos long enough to see a water conveyor auto sieve, but you also just claimed to hammer 12 stacks of cobble into gravel. If you spend that much time using hammers you missed something.

The only packs where it's easier to collect a block of emerald are those with rapid access to automatic minning, ala quarry, and that defeats the purpouse of iguana tweaks.[DOUBLEPOST=1408117854][/DOUBLEPOST]Am I being obtuse or is there really no good way to automate soulsand production until you have access to a liquid transfer node?
You should be able to use a fluiduct to fill the barrel and an AA on the side with sand. Then an Itemduct pulling out to a chest. the water will fill the barrel and then you should see it turning to witch water. The AA will not be able to put sand in till it changes to witch water. You could set this up in rows but you would need more AA. setting up one would at least give you some. You would need some water gen to keep filling like maybe a crucible for cheap refill over time.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Am I being obtuse or is there really no good way to automate soulsand production until you have access to a liquid transfer node?

In 1.1.1, I just filled an XU drum with water, used fluid ducts to pipe the water from the drum into a wooden barrel, then had a hopper feeding the barrel with sand and a hopper below the barrel to suck out soulsand. You only get 4 stacks of soulsand per drum of water, but it's fairly automated without setting up more infrastructure.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
look back at my comment. if I could be bothered, I'd search for it, but when iskandar replied to the change in the emerald recipe he said it was unintentional and that he would revert it as long as it was only a config change (which it is). I don't recall him taking that back at any point in time, so I have to assume he forgot. period, so there's no argument here anyways.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

i ned to just ask the mod dev why he changed it? i mean if it such a pain to get the ore in BnB i don't see why it cost so much for it ether. He also increase the slot require for cells to be added to tools. It supposed to take two slots know. I guess so people can't add paper parts at the start and get power tools. silky would be loads more important in BnBs thought as to the grind and gear tiers.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice on the soulsand, when I get home I'll give it a try. I was under the impression the barrels only had the top inputs and the bottom outputs..... I take it I was wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1408119464][/DOUBLEPOST]
i ned to just ask the mod dev why he changed it? i mean if it such a pain to get the ore in BnB i don't see why it cost so much for it ether. He also increase the slot require for cells to be added to tools. It supposed to take two slots know. I guess so people can't add paper parts at the start and get power tools. silky would be loads more important in BnBs thought as to the grind and gear tiers.
Most people will gain silk touch in Bnb within the dream realm, as far as BnB goes that is fairly early in the tech tree, but then BnB is crafted by an evil, evil man.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
In 1.1.1, I just filled an XU drum with water, used fluid ducts to pipe the water from the drum into a wooden barrel, then had a hopper feeding the barrel with sand and a hopper below the barrel to suck out soulsand. You only get 4 stacks of soulsand per drum of water, but it's fairly automated without setting up more infrastructure.
I always forget they have to put in from the top for some reason? Why is that and a AA can from the side? Is it cause they act like players?[DOUBLEPOST=1408119785][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Magzie, what did the dev change? I'm curious.
The person that makes IguanaTweeks change the slots required for leadstone cells to be added andfor sliky gems to require blocks instead of gems. It was a few updates ago i think. It was on his forum thread. I se if i can find the link.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack, Suicidal pigmen however not so much! I agree with the earlier statements that the city is currently a bit too brutal maybe have the QB direct us to a smaller settlement near that is not as heavily spawner trapped!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I always forget they have to put in from the top for some reason? Why is that and a AA can from the side? Is it cause they act like players?[DOUBLEPOST=1408119785][/DOUBLEPOST]
The person that makes IguanaTweeks change the slots required for leadstone cells to be added andfor sliky gems to require blocks instead of gems. It was a few updates ago i think. It was on his forum thread. I se if i can find the link.

Got it:

Silky Jewel recipe changed
Now requires gold ingots (was nuggets) and an emerald block (was 1 emerald)

Electric modifier now takes 2 modifier slots
Because it was overpowered imo, I may change this in future
I didn't realize Iguana Tweaks had been forked as such. This is sort of an IguanaTweaksTweaks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
look back at my comment. if I could be bothered, I'd search for it, but when iskandar replied to the change in the emerald recipe he said it was unintentional and that he would revert it as long as it was only a config change (which it is). I don't recall him taking that back at any point in time, so I have to assume he forgot. period, so there's no argument here anyways.
yeah I told him there was no rush cause i wasn't going to record till monday and then he updated the pack i knew he didn't have time to add it he said he might not for the last update. There are other ways to get the same result. Just when you are on cam and say your are going to do it and have done it in the past using the same mods it is upsetting finding the changed that makes you switch your plan half way through. I was planning on leave the tree farm by harvester for allot later in place of power and machines and the pressure mod. Now i have to push for the farm sooner then i wanted.[DOUBLEPOST=1408122300][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ninja'd like 20 mins ago :p
Yours is a differant thread. the change was made in the one i posted. I had to go through like 14 thread to find it. rofl Why so many?