[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DarkSpectrum

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Is anyone still getting the 1.1.2 not being a recommended version problem. If so, can you send me a screenshot so I can pass it along to the pack maintainers?
@Iskandar As I thought. There are 2 different versions of crash landing in my pack screen and it defaults to the older 1.1.1 version.
10620793_712833262115791_694422150605426622_n.jpg

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
these are my buddies..
my.buddies.png
they are keeping me company while I await dawn since I got caught raiding when sun went down and I'm trying not to use the waypoint teleports too much. They are not such good friends themselves, cause all I have to do is take a potshot at one of them and they all start attacking each other.

Tomorrow morning, I will have even more loot to grab if I survive.

getting to the top most part of a building when this happens can save your life. if all else fails you can hang glide and hope for the best.

btw, I found a smeltery room with destabilized redstone pouring out of it? wtf? just how big is this city anyways... I keep on finding areas I hadn't gotten rid of spawners and am wondering if they themselves are respawning (a spawning spawner spawned for you so you can spawn while you spawn mr. spawn).[DOUBLEPOST=1408087185][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Iskandar As I thought. There are 2 different versions of crash landing in my pack screen and it defaults to the older 1.1.1 version.
10620793_712833262115791_694422150605426622_n.jpg

marsup stated in post 2-3 pages back, goto pack code, type boom and remove and voila. one CL. I did that today. exit/reload launcher afterwards since if I didn't do that, the graphic disappeared.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
btw, I found a smeltery room with destabilized redstone pouring out of it? wtf? just how big is this city anyways... I keep on finding areas I hadn't gotten rid of spawners and am wondering if they themselves are respawning (a spawning spawner spawned for you so you can spawn while you spawn mr. spawn).
the cities are set to be between 240-480 blocks so they are quite large

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I wonder if they put in any ghast spawners.

That would be a good idea.

I'm wondering about the mechanics of the spawners and why the pig zombie ones fire off so close range as well as often as they do. Once night falls? They ALL start firing overtime. In above picture, daytime wasn't any better since majority of mobs were spiders, blazes and pigs. The worst is at night, the enderman spawners hit and I stupidly attacked a thief enderman who quickly ran off with my dagger. that is a very nasty combination. I ran all over town chasing him with gang in tow. cue benny hill theme.

The spiders. any arachnophobe should archnonope this pack for sure. flying spiders, tough spiders, teeny spiders, gigantic spiders. they're all represented. I ended up digging a hole down to get away from them all and covered up my hole and a freaking zombie teleported into my tiny space right next to me. I was at half heart for like eternity when I looked through loot bag and found some golden apples. heh

Fine. keep your grout. I'll take this over that any day. I might turn this into a game out of just raiding the cities. I am going to have the MOST morviest house on the dry dusty planet. I got an idea. Make a quest to goto city and return with 1000 writing desks. I got you covered 10 fold. Need lamps? what color?

Come on over to doomsquirters barely used furniture lot. We have a steal of a deal with your name on it. about 1 mile south of I-10 take the first ramp and avoid the creepers camped out at my store. Knock three times and pray I'm not using the facilities so I can open the door.

Bring a friend.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Once enviromine includes food spoilage it'd be interesting to find supermarkets with almost everything spoiled....... within the pams foods....... which would survive all but indefinitely...... perhaps some of the seeds, and various nuts would last longest.... to bad none of the mods adds canned goods.[DOUBLEPOST=1408090859][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be a good idea.

I'm wondering about the mechanics of the spawners and why the pig zombie ones fire off so close range as well as often as they do. Once night falls? They ALL start firing overtime. In above picture, daytime wasn't any better since majority of mobs were spiders, blazes and pigs. The worst is at night, the enderman spawners hit and I stupidly attacked a thief enderman who quickly ran off with my dagger. that is a very nasty combination. I ran all over town chasing him with gang in tow. cue benny hill theme.

The spiders. any arachnophobe should archnonope this pack for sure. flying spiders, tough spiders, teeny spiders, gigantic spiders. they're all represented. I ended up digging a hole down to get away from them all and covered up my hole and a freaking zombie teleported into my tiny space right next to me. I was at half heart for like eternity when I looked through loot bag and found some golden apples. heh

Fine. keep your grout. I'll take this over that any day. I might turn this into a game out of just raiding the cities. I am going to have the MOST morviest house on the dry dusty planet. I got an idea. Make a quest to goto city and return with 1000 writing desks. I got you covered 10 fold. Need lamps? what color?

Come on over to doomsquirters barely used furniture lot. We have a steal of a deal with your name on it. about 1 mile south of I-10 take the first ramp and avoid the creepers camped out at my store. Knock three times and pray I'm not using the facilities so I can open the door.

Bring a friend.
How much coffee have you had tonight? or are you full of something like say redbull?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Once enviromine includes food spoilage it'd be interesting to find supermarkets with almost everything spoiled....... within the pams foods....... which would survive all but indefinitely...... perhaps some of the seeds, and various nuts would last longest.... to bad none of the mods adds canned goods.[DOUBLEPOST=1408090859][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much coffee have you had tonight? or are you full of something like say redbull?
nope. I think the worse my life gets, the funnier I get. I am on a roll tonight tho. I will leave with this:
I know why the people died off in that city.

They used spawners as nightstands. Hit the alarm for a snooze and well, they snoozed indefinately. remember to bring your shears if you want every color of the rainbow of wool. my morviness will be supreme.

Reactions: Pyure

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
unce unce unce unce

hey, does using dark glass help somehow and keep them from coming towards you?[DOUBLEPOST=1408026082][/DOUBLEPOST]

that's wierd. Since setting up my perimeter, I always fail at the 'front' of the ship where the seats are and I can hear them walking / groaning all the time, so they are close to me, but not too close. Yet, I've not had a single mob surprise me in my area yet and I'm like 70+ mc days in. The vampire pig zombies tho? yeah, so much nope. I just run away through the desert till they get tired, offer them a pork sandwich with bacon and then we continue running....
I've watched zombies appear from thin air inside my compound, one baby zombie spawned two blocks away from me right inside my FOV and proceeded to maul me before I could react.

You think that's bad? Corosus' tornadoes have been dumping all kinds of nasties inside my compound walls. And my radar doesn't work for some reason, so I'm always on edge. I'm not looking forward to Special Mobs getting tornado-dumped inside my walls. :p
Someone said they where having problems with mobs griefing wood planks, but I left a birch plank out overnight without a problem....... CL doesn't have near the grief list of BnB and from what Iskandar just posted I don't think it ever will.
Not wood planks, transparent blocks. Glass, slabs, anything that will let light through. I'm not sure if this is still a Thing and is enabled in the current version of Special Mobs in use, but they were DEFINITELY nomming my dark glass when I had SM enabled in 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 (wherever it was I tried using it and had to disable because of my FPS/TPS getting murdered). Then I tried to put some planks down to make a toe-tickler, and yeah that didn't work out so well.
oh believe me I knew.... nothing like trying to speed up a water column auto sifter with an empty hand.....next thing you know you're trying to figure out why you're suddenly horribly dehydrated......
I no longer interact with anything on the other side of water.
Hooray! First post! I made an account and everything just to post to this thread! Great map, I'm loving it bunches! I do have one question, though:
I -FINALLY- got in and out of the city with A: enough materials to make a smeltery and get a start on a high oven and B: without dying horribly. My question is this: I scavenged a high oven controller while I was in the city, but it doesn't seem to 'count' for the Triple Play quest, and there's not manual detect button to tell it, hey look! I have one! Really! Am I really going to be forced to go -back- to the city to scrounge up enough scorched bricks to make a duplicate controller? Or is there a way to get it to recognize my current one?
Yeah, this... this right here?

I don't want to play 1.1.2 anymore. I hate fixing broken quests. I may just wait for 1.1.3 considering the loot will probably be rebalanced a bit, too.
I admit, I've never used a frying pan as a weapon.... I should make one just to play around with it a bit. Does it level like a weapon? I could imagine it being like the chisel and not leveling.
Frying pan best weapon.
Lol, These noon mob attacks are lovely.... especially when a bunch of these show up to chase you back behind your walls....... What's next, I get struck by lightning out of the blue... :)

View attachment 12503
Lightning, you say? Needs more Corosus weather >:]
Did @Iskandar nerf the health regen cause i just got nocked around by an enderman and its taking like 30 seconds to regen half a heart
Default Hunger Overhaul config adds an effect where hearts regenerate more slowly at lower amounts of health. 1skandar cranked the strength of this effect up to 5. Because he hates you and wants you to die. ♥
I meant to disable those dollies, and forgot. I will do so in 1.1.3. Loot is still a work in progress, as is the quest book and crafting recipes. As with any big update, balance gets out of whack. Expect it to be adjusted as time goes on.
MRW I read this post[DOUBLEPOST=1408092454][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably less coffee than me... just saying :D

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, I am done with the cities as of now. I just met that candy coke infused skeleton thief baby. TG I was standing next to an elevator at the time. Lost my legendary dagger to it. I tried taking pot shots at it with the gun from a vantage point and it was seriously SERIOUSLY like I had the game sped up somehow. He was weaving in and out of mobs faster than I could aim. crap, and babies aren't affected by light either.. welp, there he goes anyways... bye guy. enjoy the dagger. Father toast, you suck so bad. that is pure evil right there. More evil would be a mini creeper with same setup. but I digress. I need to make a new weapon. now what color should it be.... I know. rainbow! I am totally going to go make a rainbow colored fruit of the loops frying pan of wackiness. fitting.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Optional challenges updated and cleaned up a bit. I messed up the Ultimate Masochistic Edition of Nothing Is Free, I didn't mean for you to throw away blocks when sifting cobble byproducts, when you already have to sift just to get any thanks to not using any form of cobblegen. Also added the one about not eating icky foods.

For those who are interested in what I use: Nothing Is Free, Nothing Is Free (Ultimate Masochistic Edition), Insult to Injury, Slow Down Bro, Carry a Mountain One Rock at a Time. My toon would eat the dirt directly if I was able, lol! I'm not picky in survival situations. I go back and forth on Dumb Aliens, it's really hard to survive without those ZA-encouraged trench deaths when you're not playing the Easy route.

Say, anyone know of a mod that doubles (or maybe triples) the view distance of item entities? This would make not having ZA much better when it comes to locating bones at dawn.
Ok, I am done with the cities as of now. I just met that candy coke infused skeleton thief baby. TG I was standing next to an elevator at the time. Lost my legendary dagger to it. I tried taking pot shots at it with the gun from a vantage point and it was seriously SERIOUSLY like I had the game sped up somehow. He was weaving in and out of mobs faster than I could aim. crap, and babies aren't affected by light either.. welp, there he goes anyways... bye guy. enjoy the dagger. Father toast, you suck so bad. that is pure evil right there. More evil would be a mini creeper with same setup. but I digress. I need to make a new weapon. now what color should it be.... I know. rainbow! I am totally going to go make a rainbow colored fruit of the loops frying pan of wackiness. fitting.
That sucks, man. I might disable thief mobs as this is one thing I just HATE HATE HATE in any mod that's added it. Still, at least now you're making a frying pan like a real man! :]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
this is what my take looks like (important stf only) from my multiple forays into city. Best guess is maybe 50% of city possibly.
loot1.png
for those that are curious. I think the one or two quests rewards of smeltery stuff might be in there as well. I also used quite a bit of diamonds for dolly's and some invar for armor.
my morvy loot :) I definately need to go back to complete my collections. I definately raided more beds than I'd care to admit.
loot2.png

Also, I just found out that the tinkers pattern chest holds casts as well as patterns. who knew?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That sucks, man. I might disable thief mobs as this is one thing I just HATE HATE HATE in any mod that's added it. Still, at least now you're making a frying pan like a real man! :]

I'm just jealous cause as a tike, I _WAS_ that little toddler. Still a thief, but not a toddler anymore :(

I'm going to call it my fruit loops frying pan of manly whacking

I will hold it high and whack anything I can as often as I can.

Reactions: Genshou

warbaque

Jul 29, 2019
It's still possible to make seared stone from cobblestone after scavenging your first smeltery:

(1) Smelt seared stone -> 144mB of seared stone
(2) Put cobblestone to the basin and pour 72mB of seared stone on top of it -> 1 seared cobblestone
(3) Smelt seared cobblestone -> 144mB of seared stone
(4) Repeat

You get 72mB of seared stone from each cobblestone.

And I really hope that this stays. Looking for factories and smeltery tech for the first time is still fun and interesting, but having to do it every time you want to build another layer for your smeltery is just tedious.

In my opinion scavenging and exploring should be only used to unlock new technologies: f.ex. you need to find your your smeltery, but after that you can create resources and build more if you want to.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
It's still possible to make seared stone from cobblestone after scavenging your first smeltery:

(1) Smelt seared stone -> 144mB of seared stone
(2) Put cobblestone to the basin and pour 72mB of seared stone on top of it -> 1 seared cobblestone
(3) Smelt seared cobblestone -> 144mB of seared stone
(4) Repeat

You get 72mB of seared stone from each cobblestone.

And I really hope that this stays. Looking for factories and smeltery tech for the first time is still fun and interesting, but having to do it every time you want to build another layer for your smeltery is just tedious.

In my opinion scavenging and exploring should be only used to unlock new technologies: f.ex. you need to find your your smeltery, but after that you can create resources and build more if you want to.
This, so much this. Unlocking good, tedium bad. Unlocking good, grinding bad. Unlocking good, RNG bad.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
o_O what if those large spaceships, were like the ruins, and the dust planet was nicknamed The Ship Graveyard.

On second note, those zombies from spawners, they dropped a potato. Might drop carrot as well. :confused:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
o_O what if those large spaceships, were like the ruins, and the dust planet was nicknamed The Ship Graveyard.

On second note, those zombies from spawners, they dropped a potato. Might drop carrot as well. :confused:
not sure about the ship graveyard but the Wanderlust is the ship you were station on when something bad happend and you excaped on the shuttle just to crash it.
To bad i have to blow it up. HInt hint[/quote]

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
not sure about the ship graveyard but the Wanderlust is the ship you were station on when something bad happend and you excaped on the shuttle just to crash it.
To bad i have to blow it up. HInt hint

:eek: oh god no. No more pyrotheum mess...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
8-grout recipe? I only know of one recipe for grout, and it doesn't yield 8.
there are 2 recipes for grout. the one for clay balls is 1 ball>1 sand>1 gravel and the one for clay blocks is 1 clay block (1 block=4 balls)>4 sand> 4 gravel. both produce the same ammount.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think I'm okay with silky jewel costing 9 emeralds. It's not that hard to live off of sheers for that long anyway. Silk touch should be expensive IMO. One of the main focuses of this map is collecting leaves. It should be hard to get a silky jewel. But to each his own.
I get so tired of this argument. the simple fact is it does cost more. I can get it for the same amount using the enchanting system. It cost the same in reg FTB mod packs. There is no balance reason to have it cost more period. It isn't a ground breaking modifer i mean what else are you keep silk touch around for in Skyblock maps for. there are no ore in most cases. and after you get a harvester going you don't even need the thing which make the enchant next to worthless. This new change for skyblock map just ensures that no one will use it. you already have to unlock cobble and then cobble gen. After that spend a 15-20 minutes with your hammer gaining the gravel only to have to get 12 stacks and pray for 9 to drop. It doesn't even make since for 9 gems to make 1 gem. You would think i was trying to make a MFSU.