[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I meant to disable those dollies, and forgot. I will do so in 1.1.3. Loot is still a work in progress, as is the quest book and crafting recipes. As with any big update, balance gets out of whack. Expect it to be adjusted as time goes on.

Reactions: cannajan

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@Iskandar , as far as it stands, 1.1.2 was the last map reset barring any other things unforseen atm? I want to know cause that would give me the push to actually go forward on the map. SFM programming is so damn powerful but also so mind numbing repetitive that I think I might forgo the 3 paged ore doubling / combining / quadrupling whatever I have now setup at least 3 times. I think doing that all over again is causing me to not want to through it if there's another map reset on the horizon.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar , as far as it stands, 1.1.2 was the last map reset barring any other things unforseen atm? I want to know cause that would give me the push to actually go forward on the map. SFM programming is so damn powerful but also so mind numbing repetitive that I think I might forgo the 3 paged ore doubling / combining / quadrupling whatever I have now setup at least 3 times. I think doing that all over again is causing me to not want to through it if there's another map reset on the horizon.
yes this is the last reset everythings in place

Aguy

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed on my trips to the ruins i got 3 Flux-Infused pickaxes and i didn't even finish raiding the ruins.I highly recommend lowering the chances of finding them in the ruins. I did try looking in the config Generator mods .txt files to see what the chances are but I couldn't find the one. Besides that i love the ruins, I wish the the quest book would have a scavenger hunt tied in with the ruins, for example: FInd the Town key (There should be only one per ruin) with that you get more quest, find cobweb, find iron, find the red stone destabilized, etc

Btw iskandar if your do read this can you tell us which file tells you the chances or percentages i want to help see what items have to high of spawning

Last edited:
Reactions: XxWinnslowxX

mobsi_09

Jul 29, 2019
i just registered to tell you (@Iskandar) that i absolutely love this modpack (except for the pigmen in the towns which killed me way too often) and hope you will keep working on it as time goes on. I thank you for making this pack .

I also wanted to mention that:
once you have a smeltery set up and at least one seared whatsoever left you can make as many seared brick as you want by smelting the seared whatsoever (i had some cracked seared bricks), pacing cobblestone in a basin and pouring the smelted seared stone over the cobble. that gives you 2 seared cobble for 1 seared brick (=144mb seared stone) which you can smelt for 288mb seared stone. repeating this will give you as many seared stones as you need to make pneumatic servos for example.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I can see podonnell twisting in his chair over this

Lol, how could you ever have guessed..... I have yet to explore the city, but it sounds like the rewards are on the rich side. It doesn't sound like there is much of a challenge after making much of a dent in a city. That said it sounds crazy enough to call it the end game sequence/boss after which it switches to a "buildier" game.

Long term I'd love to see more of a tiered system where the first settlements we approach are small, risks and rewards are far lighter, think the bedroom communities and farm towns that surround metro regions. By the time you get to the rewards you describe I'd have had you hack/fly through the equivalent of a good portion of a major metro region.....

That said, that's a lot to ask for, I have no reason to believe the mods being used could in anyway replicate that.

Reactions: Pyure

mybeerandi

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, how could you ever have guessed..... I have yet to explore the city, but it sounds like the rewards are on the rich side. It doesn't sound like there is much of a challenge after making much of a dent in a city. That said it sounds crazy enough to call it the end game sequence/boss after which it switches to a "buildier" game.

Long term I'd love to see more of a tiered system where the first settlements we approach are small, risks and rewards are far lighter, think the bedroom communities and farm towns that surround metro regions. By the time you get to the rewards you describe I'd have had you hack/fly through the equivalent of a good portion of a major metro region.....

That said, that's a lot to ask for, I have no reason to believe the mods being used could in anyway replicate that.

All i seem to find are flux pickaxes, cobwebs, and some redstone for the most part. So far nothing special at all after going through about 6 buildings. Even scouring every nook and cranny for the hidden stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1408078614][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm not so much a hardcore player. So every now and then I copy and pastes the world to go back incase I die to go back to. This worked perfectly fine in the previous versions For some reason in 1.1.2 all my world data in copied backups dissappear upon death and just show a coroutil folder with my username.dat is this intentional with the update? I suppose in the future I can move them to a different folder entirely.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Well trying to visit the city before setting up was not good for me, the chests kept calling me, loot here!! of course I couldnt resist the lure and was getting killed often, not a good method :p

I agree that the loot table needs looking at maybe some of the most powerful stuff should be removed 3 cobalt ingots seemed rather rich, more suited to BnB imo

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
All i seem to find are flux pickaxes, cobwebs, and some redstone for the most part. So far nothing special at all after going through about 6 buildings. Even scouring every nook and cranny for the hidden stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1408078614][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm not so much a hardcore player. So every now and then I copy and pastes the world to go back incase I die to go back to. This worked perfectly fine in the previous versions For some reason in 1.1.2 all my world data in copied backups dissappear upon death and just show a coroutil folder with my username.dat is this intentional with the update? I suppose in the future I can move them to a different folder entirely.

I'm not sure how they are doing it, but there are other players reverting to copies (cheaters :p) I know that aroma backup has been mentioned.

I just can't stand it, for me it's all about the tension..... once I start being able cheat death I get bored quickly.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019

For a while now Millénaire has been very good at placing bandit camps, mining camps, farmsteads, cider orchards and other small community setups randomly thoughout the world. And with the mods ability to import custom building sets I'm sure a properly alien/abandoned outbuilding look can be achieved.

Even the Farlanders mod adds a few small encampments to worldgen. So if proper building sets instead of just alien spires are wanted, there are mods that can populate the world with ruined farmsteads, housing, industrial centers, bandit camps. (I loved the ruined farmsteads the Wasteland mod added to it's dried earth worlds...)

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2. Hard Route - Day 44 - Made my silky jewel and put it on my iron hatchet. No more sheers for me! I think I'm doing pretty good without a smeltery and without a city visit. Working on the mob grinder now. Edit: Also put auto-repair on hatchet.

Day 46 - Mob farm done. Will check next morning for results to see if I did it right. Been neglecting upgrading to better food. Just eating rice soup and grape salad/garden soup.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm not sure how they are doing it, but there are other players reverting to copies (cheaters :p) I know that aroma backup has been mentioned.

I just can't stand it, for me it's all about the tension..... once I start being able cheat death I get bored quickly.

if bugs didn't exist, either the world destroying kind or the sync shell spawned me in the wall kind, aromabackup wouldn't be needed. I agree with you tho. hardcore is hardcore. it's not softcore. So far, I've yet to use aromabackup tho to cheat death. just get around bugs. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I meant to disable those dollies, and forgot. I will do so in 1.1.3. Loot is still a work in progress, as is the quest book and crafting recipes. As with any big update, balance gets out of whack. Expect it to be adjusted as time goes on.

Nooooo!!!!

I guess if the spawners can't be moved, then I shall move the base to where the spawners are in 1.1.3

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@Iskandar - the description text on the pack launcher screws up at the end and the last 4 entries are separated by semicolons. I removed the beta boom one and had looked at it the first time and noticed. You might want to take advantage to edit any text you may want changed at the same time, as in, start new world, no map necessary, bring change of undies, what have you....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar may want to look at doing something with the ball of moss recipe. Ex nihilo makes it pretty dang easy, but chisel makes it mind numbingly easy. Auto repair is of course not exactly game breaking....... but still.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Day 48, I enabled neutral mobs and back in city. I just can't seem to get enough of this loot. Not only do the pig zombies show up, but also the vampire ones have their own icon! YAY SO MUCH NOPE. made note to self about how thankfull mobs can't use elevators.

Came home. Creeper blew hole in wall. I patched the wall with gold ingots studded with diamonds since they are laying all over the place. I seem to get alot of gold out of pig zombie's guts after I open them up and scoop out their insides. Diamonds and gold nuggets. Yup. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar may want to look at doing something with the ball of moss recipe. Ex nihilo makes it pretty dang easy, but chisel makes it mind numbingly easy. Auto repair is of course not exactly game breaking....... but still.
I didn't even know about the chisel mod making it easy to get. I got it the "non cheaty" way.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't even know about the chisel mod making it easy to get. I got it the "non cheaty" way.
I was planning to as well, till I went looking for interesting blocks to build a pillbox and realized that chisel will turn stone into mossy stone brick free of charge.

My last round I didn't know about the wood barrel trick so I actually used the transposer to convert cobble, I guess it balances out between the two... :)

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I know about the wood barrel way but I still use the transposer instead. Just one survivalist generator is enough to power it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it does take a whole lot more water using the transposer method. I tend to put self repair on most of my tools so it can become a bit more of a project.