[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

jjoonn56

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any chances of a two player version of the map being created? Like with two spots for the biomes to go?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Hello, I'm a new YouTuber i made a video on this modpack and i'd love some feedback

Also this is my first time playing FTB so if you could help me on the basics that would be epic :D
Glad you're liking it. Crafting Paradise isn't the best pack to actually start out with, as it assumes a certain level of mod knowledge (not a high one, just a moderate one). I would recommend maybe watching/reading some tutorials on some of the more beginner-friendly mods and working your way up to the complex ones (I started with IC2 way back when it was easier to understand).

Are there any chances of a two player version of the map being created? Like with two spots for the biomes to go?
Very slim chance unfortunately. The spatial cells share data, so a common forest loaded into one system would make it impossible to load the forest into another.

Chubbs579

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently had a problem, no idea if it is with my launcher or if I messed the pack up, but I lowered my memory from 6.5GB in the launcher to 5GB, it launched but closed out half way through, so I brought it back up to 6.5GB, it still closed out, after that I went to 10.25GB, still did the same thing... so now I'm wonder, what is the problem?... The only thing I touched was memory here...

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea make a some super mega ultra hard quests to get some of the spatial storage cells that have mod specific buildings like tinkers construct building and botania tree house and stuff like that[DOUBLEPOST=1408926615][/DOUBLEPOST]
One thing I noticed is, underground in caves it is as bright as outside.
the spatial thing fro ae2? doesn't load light levels so there is less lag

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently had a problem, no idea if it is with my launcher or if I messed the pack up, but I lowered my memory from 6.5GB in the launcher to 5GB, it launched but closed out half way through, so I brought it back up to 6.5GB, it still closed out, after that I went to 10.25GB, still did the same thing... so now I'm wonder, what is the problem?... The only thing I touched was memory here...
never go above 3.5 gigs. Java has horrible garbage collection.

Uriah_Heep

Jul 11, 2013
Great job on the pack, I have pretty much wrapped everything up and have truly enjoyed it!! A couple of observations or suggestions:

The "Bloodstained World" quest appears bugged. Pretty sure it is the same bug that effected "The Core" previously since it is another TiCon fluid and the QDS is not recognizing it. Might want to change this one to use buckets of blood or shift it to Blood Magic LE.

In my personal opinion the tier 3 quests have been simplified too much, we are trying to craft an entire world. I think the submit amounts you had in 1.1 for this quest line seemed about right. I know not everyone prefers that much resource gen though so take this comment with a grain of salt.

Lastly, I love the graphics you did for the planet overhead, really top notch work. However I never felt the pack reached its entire payoff though without the ability to visit the planet that you created. How would you feel about adding in Mystcraft, disabling the mystcraft libraries, disable the recipes for mystcraft book binder, etc, then when you complete crafting a world with the world machine it gives you the predefined mystcraft book for that world type with correct biomes, sky color, etc.... To demolish an atmosphere the world machine would need to mystcraft book and the atmosphere demolisher both, or make the atmosphere demolisher a one time use item and require the mystcraft book in its recipe to keep the player from breaking suspension of disbelief by having books to 12 worlds while only one appears overhead... I think the ability to travel to the crafted paradise would really fulfill the promise of the pack and increase the immersion.

Once again many thanks on an amazing pack and best of luck in the judging!!!

itsgmack

Jul 29, 2019
fantastic pack, really an interesting take on HQM and definitely an application of AE spacial storage I never would have thought of. absolutely love it. im working on doing a biome suitable build in each biome, no machines of course, but still fun to have a reason to do 30 different builds in one world :) I love that the first quest line starts easy and then by the end you need resources that take some serious infrastructure. definitely prefer this to having a quest line quide you through each stage of infrastructure development. kind of a pick your flavor type deal, totally awesome. i'd love to see the odds and ends quest line expanded a bit, just so i wont be done with this pack so soon!

also a question, would it be feasible to run this on a server with two or three people sharing the spacial port? would be an awesome pack to play with friends, even if we can ultimately only use one spacial port.

Reactions: Nicro

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
@Uriah_Heep, I do like the idea of Mystcraft worlds representing the worlds, but it just wasn't feasible within the 1 month I had. I might consider it for the future, but installing Mystcraft would force me to remove the majority of it's content from conventional use.

also a question, would it be feasible to run this on a server with two or three people sharing the spacial port? would be an awesome pack to play with friends, even if we can ultimately only use one spacial port.
Yeah, it should work just fine. The only issue is having multiple spatial areas.

So How do you get the sky research like the end is not possible
I believe the end is given to you for completing the electrical dominance quest (though I'm not 100% sure).

Sxcred

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the pack out a few hours ago, it was very fun. I like the concept of the pack and really enjoyed playing on it.

Reactions: Lumaceon

Anthony Appleton

Jul 29, 2019
Hi not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I tried to do the blood magic quest line and found that I am stuck trying to get to the magicians blood orb. ( it requires 25000 lp) but with maximum capacity only being 16000 and no way to increase until after I get the magicians orb. is there anyway to get more lp apart from spamming my hearts to get to 25000?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hi not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I tried to do the blood magic quest line and found that I am stuck trying to get to the magicians blood orb. ( it requires 25000 lp) but with maximum capacity only being 16000 and no way to increase until after I get the magicians orb. is there anyway to get more lp apart from spamming my hearts to get to 25000?
That's a vanilla Blood Magic feature. I recommend using one of the super apples while infusing it.

EDIT: m8, I thought this was my Running Red thread :p. Yes, spam your hearts while infusing it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That's a vanilla Blood Magic feature. I recommend using one of the super apples while infusing it.

EDIT: m8, I thought this was my Running Red thread :p. Yes, spam your hearts while infusing it.
gideon, you gotta stop flying farms the same time cruising ftb forums... :) and yes, those vids were funny as hell. I'd never let santa drive.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
@Anthony Appleton
Do unto others: change your runes to rune of sacrifice, get a dagger of sacrifice, build a mob spawner that drops mobs 22 blocks and use conveyor belts to move the mobs to where their feet are at the same height as the top of the altar and 1 or two blocks away - not on top of the altar. Then wack away at the mobs with your dagger of sacrifice and fill up that altar with blood with no emo on your side. Then start building runes of sacrifice so that you get more and more off of these mobs. Then when you've progressed enough, build a ritual of regen and a well of suffering under your altar. The coup de grace is to build a room right under your rituals under your altar and fill the floor with cursed earth so you have a steady supply of mobs that your ritual of regen heals while your well of suffering slowly kills. The well of suffering will benefit from those runes of sacrifice you've been making. Then you chunkload your base, leave your orb in the altar and enjoy unlimited lp.
akgFZDM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

ftog_thorgal

Jul 29, 2019
Lumaceon, you are an evil person lol
Don't expand the spoiler if you don't want to know what one of the bag rewards can be...
I got firestone ore as a reward from one of the bags and it put half of my base on fire the moment i opened the bag ... not funny :)
You can see my reaction in Episode 17 of my Crafting Paradise Let's Play series if you are interested.

Now a question about Thaumcraft. While I enjoy the mod, I seem to miss why it is in this modpack. I haven't been able to find any aura nodes besides in the Nether, so charging wands is a very tedious process because you have to kill so many mobs to do so (and Thaumcraft without access to nodes seems kind of pointless to me). You could've included Forbidden Magic and that would've at least given us an easy way to charge a blood wand when reaching that research. Or am I completely wrong about all this and just haven't been able to find any nodes? I searched at void level and a few spacial biomes, but haven't been able to find any. Another solution could be to make a more extensive Thaumcraft quest line and reward it with a creative node in the end. Looking forward to hearing your input on Thaumcraft and wand recharging.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Lumaceon, you are an evil person lol
Don't expand the spoiler if you don't want to know what one of the bag rewards can be...
I got firestone ore as a reward from one of the bags and it put half of my base on fire the moment i opened the bag ... not funny :)
You can see my reaction in Episode 17 of my Crafting Paradise Let's Play series if you are interested.

Now a question about Thaumcraft. While I enjoy the mod, I seem to miss why it is in this modpack. I haven't been able to find any aura nodes besides in the Nether, so charging wands is a very tedious process because you have to kill so many mobs to do so (and Thaumcraft without access to nodes seems kind of pointless to me). You could've included Forbidden Magic and that would've at least given us an easy way to charge a blood wand when reaching that research. Or am I completely wrong about all this and just haven't been able to find any nodes? I searched at void level and a few spacial biomes, but haven't been able to find any. Another solution could be to make a more extensive Thaumcraft quest line and reward it with a creative node in the end. Looking forward to hearing your input on Thaumcraft and wand recharging.
I believe one of the Thaumcraft quests (can't remember which at the moment) rewards you with a hoe of growth and some silverwood saplings. The idea being that you grow aura nodes. Aura nodes are tile entities and don't like being moved by the spatial system, though I think I might have accidentally left one somewhere on the edge of the area.