[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
wpthDrq.png

What if you had to create more than just a base from scratch?
What if you could have any biome you needed right in front of you with the click of a button?
What if your sole purpose was crafting paradise?

Description
Crafting Paradise makes use of Hardcore Questing Mode to provide a set of goals.
You must make clever use of a massive spatial storage system.
This is provided at the beginning to complete quests and eventually achieve the end goal of crafting your own ideal planet.
As you complete quests, you will be rewarded with more storage cells to load in the spatial system.
Eventually, the player will be able to create their own planet and watch as it rises in the skyline.

Download
Code: craftingparadise

For those of you who don't know what that means:
1. Open FTB launcher
2. Click "Pack Codes" in the top-right
3. Type craftingparadise and click add

This should add Crafting Paradise to your 3rd Party Packs section.

Screenshots
Buttons are fun!
CE0Bio1.png

The endgame
XtcpmC4.png

Where'd I put that forest again?
gIcEQo2.png

Oh there it is
gi8cSOx.png

I found some extreme hills too!
pzJ1Ap1.png

Mod List
Applied Energistics
Autoutils
BiblioCraft
Blood Magic
Extra Bees and Trees
Biomes O' Plenty
Botania
Buildcraft
ChickenChunks
Chisel
CodeChickenCore
CoFH Core
Compact Solars
ComputerCraft
Crafting Paradise
Ex Nihilo
EnderStorage
Ex Aliquo
Extra Utilities
Forestry
Forge Multipart
Hardcore Questing Mode
Hunger Overhaul
IndustrialCraft 2 (Experimental)
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
JABBA
LogisticsPipes
Lockdown
Magic Bees
MineFactory Reloaded
MineTweaker
ModTweaker
Modular Powersuits
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
Not Enough Items
Not Enough Keys
OpenBlocks
OpenModsLib
PowerCrystals Core
Modular Powersuits Addons
Railcraft
Soul Shards Reborn
Steve's Factory Manager
TiC Tooltips
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion
Waila
Waila Harvestability
Wireless Redstone CBE

FAQs
Q: Where's the map download?
A: Just create a new world, lockdown will take care of it.

Q: (Enter block name here) doesn't work with the spatial system!
A: This is not a bug. AlgorithmX2 (the creator of AE) has stated that certain tile entities can cause major errors when moved by the spatial system. Almost all mod tile entities are disabled by default for this reason. Tile entities are generally any block with complex data, such as a smeltery controller or a machine.

Q: Why are the caves lit up?
A: My best guess is that the spatial system doesn't cause lighting updates. Otherwise, you may end up with much more lag.

Q: Can you add (enter mod here) to the pack?
A: Maybe. Leave a post with your suggestion and I'll look into it.

Changelog
1.0.1:
+Added Lockdown mod, main save repurposed to template
+Added TiC Tooltips mod
+Added Waila Harvestability mod
=Fixed Flux Dominance quest and cleaned much of the quest book
=Plains, taiga and hell research should now submit correctly
=Updated craftingparadise mod to 1.0.2, research notes should now work correctly
=Default map now has cheats enabled because things like breaking
-Removed Grimoire of Gaia 2 mod

1.1.0:
+Added Blood Magic due to popular request
+Added Chisel and a minetweaker recipe for marble
+Added JABBA
+Added Steve's Factory Manager
=7th quest set added to avoid questing bottleneck
=Major changes made to quest sets 3 and 6, now much less grindy (1/100th as hard in extreme cases)
=New quest added in quest set 2 to clarify how to not make research take days to complete
=Research requirements reduced to 200,000
-Removed Special Mobs, possibly a temporary removal

1.2.0:
+Added MobiusCore and Opis
=More major quest editing, most quests are now feasible to complete manually, though automatic systems will help
=Updated Numina and ModularPowersuits
=Hidden blocks from railcraft were removed, just confirm that they're missing if old worlds ask
=Fixed HQM quests for liquid metals, autonomous activators and tinker's construct tables
=World machine now confirms successful usage

Additional Notes
Crafting Paradise is going to be my entry to the JamPacked competition.
There will be bugs, it is in beta.
If you would be kind enough to report any bugs here, it would be
appreciated.

Last edited:

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
where can i download or get anew map if i die to much? and a little thing that you might be interested to know i start with 2 questbooks already and than you give me a quest book as a quest reward i think that it are just a bit to much quests books xD other than that i realy love the idea so far

Reactions: Lumaceon

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
where can i download or get anew map if i die to much?
Oh gosh, I didn't even think about this...and i really should have. I'll put a link to the map under the downloads section shortly. Thanks for pointing this out haha!

and a little thing that you might be interested to know i start with 2 questbooks already and than you give me a quest book as a quest reward i think that it are just a bit to much quests books xD other than that i realy love the idea so far
This is definitely intentional. My first play-test, I carried my (at the time) only quest book around with me. An unfortunate creeper explosion destroyed it forever, and I was left without it.
Sure, you could just not die, or eventually go through Ex Nihilo to re-craft the book, but I really don't want to force people to go through that just for the sake of reclaiming the ability to play the modpack the way it was meant to be played.

It's a potential frustration saver.

Glad you're liking it so far though, thanks for the input!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
for the quest book i might have a sugestion you can use make a quest that is repeatable make the quest one where you need to die if you die you have a quest book as reward than your chests don't get filled with quest books and a quest book can still be goten back by dieing
Edit: never mind i am a big derp you need the questbook to get the reward oops

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I've only done the first few quests so far but I just have to say for an early version you've done really well so far! I'm looking forward to playing it more and getting further into the quests and seeing what else you add in the future :)

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
you need the questbook to get the reward oops
True, but I think your right; it's a bit sloppy. It may be a better idea to just change the questing book recipe via Minetweaker. Some wood should be reasonable, since you start with the common forest cell.

I've only done the first few quests so far but I just have to say for an early version you've done really well so far! I'm looking forward to playing it more and getting further into the quests and seeing what else you add in the future :)
I will almost certainly expand upon the pack later, when I'm not constrained to the 1 month I have (had) to get it ready for JamPacked. The last few quest sets leave room for a lot of expansion (and tweaking, some of those quests are REALLY hard).

Awesome concept, really liking it so far. May make this my new livestreaming focus
I'm flattered, thanks very much!

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I died and a grave spawned but it actually didnt so i lost all of my items.
Any chance you could define that "actually didn't" part a bit more clearly? Every time I died the grave spawned properly (and I've definitely died quite a few times).

Do you mean the items just weren't in there?

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
So I played for about 20 minutes and my initial impression is "Wow that's a lot of iron!" not sure if its supposed to be that vigorous in its generation but Its certainly useful :p

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
So I played for about 20 minutes and my initial impression is "Wow that's a lot of iron!" not sure if its supposed to be that vigorous in its generation but Its certainly useful :p
I recall there being a good amount of exposed iron in some of the starting world cells. Definitely nice for starting out, Crafting Paradise has a serious difficulty curve.

As far as worldgen goes though, the world cells are basically copy/pasted from an ordinarily generated world and cleaned up a bit. The only difference is the lack of certain ores to encourage ex nihilo automation for late-game instead of ripping apart the landscapes with a quarry (though you can if you really want to). Namely Uranium and Apatite.

David E. Frenette

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, odd little thing, not sure if you consider it a bug. When changing from one Biome to another, the generators from Extra Utilities do not move with each biome change. Really, I just need to manually remove them and replace them when I return to the first biome. This can be a pain considering I have like 12 and want to expand that number.

Fantastic pack btw. You have totally got the win in the bag. None of the other packs out so far have felt as new or exciting in any way.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Alright, odd little thing, not sure if you consider it a bug. When changing from one Biome to another, the generators from Extra Utilities do not move with each biome change. Really, I just need to manually remove them and replace them when I return to the first biome. This can be a pain considering I have like 12 and want to expand that number.
I knew this would come up eventually. Like it says in the quest book, tile entities (and thus most machines) will not move with the spatial system. This actually isn't a bug, but a check put into AE by AlgorithmX2 because a number of tile entities were causing major issues when relocated. While I might be able to get the custom mod to register the tile entities for other mods, it would likely kill any stability the pack currently has.

Sorry to break it to you, but at least for the time being, machines should be built outside the pylon area. I might look further into it after JamPacked when I have more time, but for now, it's just what it is.

Fantastic pack btw. You have totally got the win in the bag. None of the other packs out so far have felt as new or exciting in any way.
I wouldn't say that, I see some great competition, and those're just the people who've posted their packs for everyone to see. Either way, I'm glad you like it, hopefully the issue above doesn't take away from the fun too much, though if you're anything like me, it'll be a serious disappointment and I'm sorry for that.

David E. Frenette

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, alright. I had read that, but being the noob I am had no idea what the words in the book meant in relation to the actual game. It is not a massive disappointment that we are unable to make machines in the pylon area, just changes the way the map will be played.

KivsNBits

Jul 29, 2019
So far this has been one of my favorite HQM packs mainly because of the reasoning for the quests. I think you did a fantastic job on that part but I noticed some spelling errors. Nothing major, but its kinda annoying. Under The Button "Naturally though, no coorperation...", under This and That..."...the sum of it's parts", and under Renewable Resources "...you leave a giant crator where the world used to be". Also the concept of the micro worlds is quite innovative and a cool take on HQM. Overall i have only completed 61% of ch1 but it's already a pretty amazing pack and look forward to finishing it. Keep up the good work. Also I almost forgot is it intentional that when you die your research gets reset to the ocean and you have to reset it to the current biome to start over again?

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo I think I found a bug :(
I loaded up a lavender fields waterside biome to get materials for TiC smeltery and when I tried to load the common forest again it would just reload the lavender fields waterside chunks.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo I think I found a bug :(
I loaded up a lavender fields waterside biome to get materials for TiC smeltery and when I tried to load the common forest again it would just reload the lavender fields waterside chunks.
Is it possible that you have saved the common forest data in the waterside cell?