[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
Played the mod for a couple days now, one question I have. How do you get wool on the Wasteland maps? I've never seen spiders.

A guide would be great btw. I also like the idea of the lore book. Quest guide like Agrarian Skies would be awesome I agree, but time consuming I bet.

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
Found some spiders :)

Oh and what are the rubies and sapphires for? They don't come up for anything in NEI.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
They are part of emashers mods.the only emasher mod we have is the defence mod so they are useless to my knowledge. They are for his other mods like engineers toolbox and are added by his "core mod" I could have sworn that I disabled those though. However I must have messed up. Ill go back through and fix them.

Edit:
They were disabled but not for meteors :) I've added that fix into the next update :)

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Am going to try and add hardcore questing mode to this and use that as a way to guide you through the pack. For instance showing you about resonant induction machines for when you start.

XenosLastStand

Jul 29, 2019
They are part of emashers mods.the only emasher mod we have is the defence mod so they are useless to my knowledge. They are for his other mods like engineers toolbox and are added by his "core mod" I could have sworn that I disabled those though. However I must have messed up. Ill go back through and fix them.

Edit:
They were disabled but not for meteors :) I've added that fix into the next update :)
Well, you could just add the mod that allows you to make ruby, emerald and sapphire gear. lol

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Its the weather mod. Usually that only happens when u switch texture packs in game. However let me know if it happens again. Ik for sure it happens every time u swap texture packs. Then u reboot and its fine. Not sure why it would happen with the map. Buy it may be fixed after u restart it.

Ventrylock

Jul 29, 2019
Its the weather mod. Usually that only happens when u switch texture packs in game. However let me know if it happens again. Ik for sure it happens every time u swap texture packs. Then u reboot and its fine. Not sure why it would happen with the map. Buy it may be fixed after u restart it.
It happens again. And it's a few seconds after I change the texture pack. So it's not due to map menu :)

Thanks for your answer.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. Yea its a known issue. Not sure I can do anything about it tbh :/. Is an issue with the sounds from weather mod and sounds from resource pack when they change. Though when you first start game before loading a world or joining a server you should be able to change texture packs without crashing. Sorry about that :(

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Likes like a cool pack I'm going to test it soon

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you enjoy it. I have a lot planned like hardcore quest mode integration.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I think any pack with a story or purpose (purpose meaning not just a free-world pack like, say, monster) should have HQM

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I am just concerned about lag cuase I have a Windows Vista business laptop with 4Gb of memory and a integrated (or shared or what ever it is) graphics card that is coming to the end of its life :( wish I had money to buy a new one

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Its a pretty small Modpack. You shouldn't have any fps issues and you can always try optifine if you do.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes going to use optifine for sure. And as much as I would like a shaders pack in here i dont think that is very practical for someone like me. Also any mods like dynamic lightning really screw with my computer..... I wish there was a server for this pack to take over some of the burden of running anything more than ftb lite. I can hardly run crash landing for goodness sake.

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of bugs.
1 - Thirst mod, you have to unzip the MoDrinks.zip and put the txt files in its place.
2 - No clay makes Tinkers useless since you can't smelt. I think you can get clay, but only highest end mekanism stuff (I think), and by then it is useless. Unless this is intentional.

I also had the idea that if you do add the quest stuff in. Maybe one of the last quests could give you a block of grass and a saplings. From that people could start reviving the wasteland.

Reactions: Azza420

Azza420

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack, it is exactly what I wanted when I googled ftb survival. Also the zombie spawn rate is good...could be a little bit higher.