[1.5.2] [Public Mod Pack] ShneekeyCraft: Less Is More!

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I also added Soul Shards. There was an ID conflict between that and Tinkers Construct, but if you change the Soul Cage ID to 1499, it fixes it.

If this is obnoxious, just let me know, I'll stop ;)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, the issue is the launcher not properly deleting all the files before trying to put the new ones in. So delete the ShneekyCraft folder.
I did. Then I go back to having LWJGL issues.

Ultimately, I just copypasted from my own zip file. Apparently there's a problem with Java not wanting to write, even when ran through Sudo. I think it has something to do with the latest java update to prevent a certain rather infamous exploit.

I also added Soul Shards. There was an ID conflict between that and Tinkers Construct, but if you change the Soul Cage ID to 1499, it fixes it.

If this is obnoxious, just let me know, I'll stop ;)
Not obnoxious at all. Again, SoulShards was not included in the main mod pack because it was decidedly on the magical nature of things rather than steampunkish. Besides, there's really no point to it anymore since it got so hardcore nerfed.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to the pack I noticed a item ID conflict between Ars Magica and Thermal Expansion. recipes which use vinteum dust would use crescent hammers instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1368382301][/DOUBLEPOST]
In regards to the pack I noticed a item ID conflict between Ars Magica and Thermal Expansion. recipes which use vinteum dust would use crescent hammers instead.
Weirdly this breaks existing worlds :(

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
In regards to the pack I noticed a item ID conflict between Ars Magica and Thermal Expansion. recipes which use vinteum dust would use crescent hammers instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1368382301][/DOUBLEPOST]
Weirdly this breaks existing worlds :(
Ars Magica is officially unsupported by the mod pack. This is primarily a steampunk-themed mod pack, and Ars Magica is a High Fantasy mod, so it's just about as far from steampunk as you can get. It's a fun mod, don't get me wrong, but as it is not included in the mod pack, it is not officially supported by me.

Furthermore, the solution is to do here is simply change the Item ID of Ars Magica to not conflict with Thermal Expansion. However, you'll have to do that yourself.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a small issue with the microblocks in that I can create and place them, but nothing shows up. It's really weird, as it's not that they are invisible - it's that they just aren't there at all. I'll try to figure out a solution, just thought I'd let you know (the microblock in question is a cobblestone cover).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I noticed a small issue with the microblocks in that I can create and place them, but nothing shows up. It's really weird, as it's not that they are invisible - it's that they just aren't there at all. I'll try to figure out a solution, just thought I'd let you know (the microblock in question is a cobblestone cover).
Oh dear, I'll definitely have to look into that. I had to adjust the Block and Item ID's of Microblocks, I hope I didn't break it by doing so. I'll do some experimentation and see if I can figure out what I did wrong. Fixing this bug may, however, break old worlds.

Thank you for the bug report, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: I am unable to duplicate this bug, as I can make and place cobblestone slabs, and every other microblock I've experimented with, in my test world in creative. If you could try testing it out and see if you can figure out what is causing it to happen, I'd be much obliged.

I have a suspicion it may be an interaction between one of the mods you added to the pack. Check their config files to see if any of them use Item ID 501.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I did check my item ID's before I posted, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm going to test again and check the log, see if anything pops up. Will keep you posted :)

Edit: okay, they appear to be glitching out with TE's redstone conduits. Everywhere else, they work perfectly, but when placed around the conduits, they disappear. So I don't think this is anything that we can fix.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I did check my item ID's before I posted, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm going to test again and check the log, see if anything pops up. Will keep you posted :)

Edit: okay, they appear to be glitching out with TE's redstone conduits. Everywhere else, they work perfectly, but when placed around the conduits, they disappear. So I don't think this is anything that we can fix.
Ahh! Now I know what the problem was...

There was a crash bug with Microblocks and TE Conduits and Liquiducts, so I removed compatibility to prevent perma-crashing every time you place a conduit. So yea, you won't be able to place microblocks on TE Conduits or Liquiducts until the respective mod authors iron that bug out.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this looks like almost exactly what I need for my 1.5.1 server. We were using Ultimate but there's just so much stuff, plus it's a very small server. Only thing I'd miss is RP2, which I can add in manually later if/when it updates.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Wow, this looks like almost exactly what I need for my 1.5.1 server. We were using Ultimate but there's just so much stuff, plus it's a very small server. Only thing I'd miss is RP2, which I can add in manually later if/when it updates.
Yea, the problems with RP2 is 1) it isn't updated to 1.5.x, 2) I don't have permission, and 3) RP2 got nailed by 1.5.x... almost as bad as the 1.3 update actually. Remember, it's roots is redstone mechanics, which got completely changed. A good third of the mod now has to be completely re-written. That's... gonna take some work-hours.

Ultimate decided to try and shoehorn every mod they could into it. I went the other direction. It might not have the breadth of options, but it's a lot leaner. Let me know how it works out for your server! It should, at least, be less resource intensive. I can run a SSP instance on 256MB Ram, although it runs much better with 512.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Expect a new update next week.

• Updating to 1.5.2
  • Most mods also updating, which includes bugfixes and a few feature tweaks
  • Should not break worlds, but back things up just in case.
  • Should see a slight increase in performance.
  • Working on improving cross-mod compatibility via configs, particularly involving Forestry bags recognizing other mod's materials for appropriate bags
  • Remember that new worldgen will not happen until you hit unexplored chunks.
I also have a decision to make. I could change all of the IDs to FTB compliant ones, however that most certainly *WOULD* break current worlds, but might help with future compatibility issues. What would be your opinion on that?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Also, if there is something you want in a specific backpack, please let me know. I'll be editing the backpack.cfg file for Forestry over the next few days.

I've already added Tinker's Constructs Oreberries and Oreberry Bushes, plus Natura's Berry Bushes and Berries, to the Forester's Backpack, and I think I've got all of the ores, ingots, and raw metals from Tinker's Constructs to properly go into the Miner's Backpack, even the gravel versions. All of the Natura and Forestry specific woods already naturally go into the Forester's Backpack.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
I also have a decision to make. I could change all of the IDs to FTB compliant ones, however that most certainly *WOULD* break current worlds, but might help with future compatibility issues. What would be your opinion on that?

Personally I'd love to see that change. Makes it easier to add something from the standard FTB packs without having to worry TOO much about ID conflicts. Then again, I haven't gotten my server started yet so there's absolutely no loss for me if this happens. Plus, compatibility itself is probably a good argument for doing this.

Kinitix

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack, and as much as I love the combination of gregtech and IC2, I think I'm going to start over and use this pack. I just have two questions, is there a 1.5.1 version of Steve's carts that is compatible with this pack? And what about NEI?, personally I prefer that over craftguide.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I love this pack, and as much as I love the combination of gregtech and IC2, I think I'm going to start over and use this pack. I just have two questions, is there a 1.5.1 version of Steve's carts that is compatible with this pack? And what about NEI?, personally I prefer that over craftguide.
The decision to go with CraftGuide over NEI is about a 15% CPU usage difference between the two on my computer. CraftGuide is a lot leaner and less CPU intensive.

I could really care less about Steve's Carts, so I wouldn't be able to answer that question.

The Underlord

Jul 29, 2019
So my main problem with this modpack is that CraftGuide does not show TE machine's recipes. Is there anyway of fixing this?